DPM error 2033, the system cannot find the file specified

Hello all
I'm running DPM 2007 to backup our Home Directories, about 25 millions
files. Since 2 days, it always stop on an error 2033, "the system cannot
find the file specified." It's not always the same file.
Except from restarting the synchronization, what can I do ?
I find this tool particularly weak, if it stops working because of this kind
of error.

Pierrot

0
wpher56

Thanks for your feedback. We have heard about this issue from multiple
customers. In DPM 2010, we have added the ability to continue backup even if
we see such failures. At the end of the backup, DPM would retry backing up
such files once and if it again fails, then it would provide a list of all
files which didn't get backed up.

--
Gaurav Gupta | Program Manager | DPM

"wpher56" <chapka56@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello all
> I'm running DPM 2007 to backup our Home Directories, about 25 millions
> files. Since 2 days, it always stop on an error 2033, "the system cannot
> find the file specified." It's not always the same file.
> Except from restarting the synchronization, what can I do ?
> I find this tool particularly weak, if it stops working because of this
> kind of error.
>
> Pierrot

0
Gaurav
12/4/2009 10:27:57 PM
Thank you Gupta for your information. Nice that you added this ability to
DPM 2010.
Pierrot

"Gaurav Gupta [MSFT]" <gauraviitd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your feedback. We have heard about this issue from multiple
> customers. In DPM 2010, we have added the ability to continue backup even
> if we see such failures. At the end of the backup, DPM would retry backing
> up such files once and if it again fails, then it would provide a list of
> all files which didn't get backed up.
>
> --
> Gaurav Gupta | Program Manager | DPM
>
> "wpher56" <chapka56@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello all
>> I'm running DPM 2007 to backup our Home Directories, about 25 millions
>> files. Since 2 days, it always stop on an error 2033, "the system cannot
>> find the file specified." It's not always the same file.
>> Except from restarting the synchronization, what can I do ?
>> I find this tool particularly weak, if it stops working because of this
>> kind of error.
>>
>> Pierrot

0
wpher56

annoying error
we have a custom web app which works fine within the testing environment and another webserver within the network, when we move the web app to crm server all the dropdownlists, listboxes stops working. steps taken: 1. copy 'projectname' folder into c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cms\projectname 2. configure it as an iis application - the dropdownlists get populated with data - its set to autopostback = true but when you select a value from the dropdown list it returns null sample code: .... if (!Page.IsPostBack) { this.ddlampm.Items.Add("AM"); this.ddlampm.Items.Add("PM"); ...

Error 0x800CCC90
Does anyone know how to resolve this. I have multiple email addresses coming into my Outlook. All was fine until this morning. One email address continues to work and I get this error for the other address. I have checked the servers of the provider and I have even simulated this on another computer without the same error so I know that it is an Outlook problem. I found a posting/article suppossedly showing a work around but that did not work. Help!!! What version of Outlook do you have? What is the complete error message (not just the code)? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Develop...

Opening a file
How do I open a document without the stencil pane or the internet search pane opening at the same time ? I want the audience to see the content without distraction ! On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 16:54:01 -0800, Tim Arkell..Wollongong <Tim Arkell..Wollongong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I open a document without the stencil pane or the internet search pane >opening at the same time ? Close the stencil pane, then menu File -> Save As and ensure the Workspace is ticked. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila....

What about DPM 2010 Rc
Anyone use 2010 RC in a production environment? I've put it on a VM to look at it, and it would be nice to use it in production. My Number 1 Reason To Upgrade >>> Can Disable Daily Tape Backups for Saturday and Sunday What's your reason(s) for upgrading? How is it working out for you? Yes. 6 protection groups, 10 servers, 20 vms on a 6 node hyper-v cluster with csv. Runs great. A few quirks here and there but overall great. A far cry from our last backup solution. I basically set it and forget it. Check it when I get in to the office in the morning. ...

Automation error (apparently) using CreateObject on Outlook
Please help, All of a sudden I'm getting a problem with associated with opening Outlook from my Access application (And also using the "View in Outlook" button in Google Desktop Search). When it encounters the command: Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.application") It gives the following error: Run-time error '-2147024770 (8007007e)': Automation error The specified module could not be found. With Google desktop search I used to be able to search for emails and then press "View in Outlook" and the email would open but now, although it will ...

Money 2005 Deluxe account balance error/hidden transactions
To all, As others who have posted before me, I have discovered an error in the home page balance of my AMEX account and the register balance. The transaction report showed 4 hidden transactions in 2006 (I haven't archived '06 yet), all which were originally scheduled bill payments, but did not allow me to edit/void them (amounts "grayed out.") I ran multiple salvage/repair file actions, and the hidden transactions have in fact disappeared. BUT, my home page balance and the register balance still show the discrepancy. This same discrepancy shows when I adjust my view in t...

DCM for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010
Does anyone know if a DCM pack is available for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010? If you are looking for System center configuration management pack for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010 they are available for DPM health monitoring. If you want DPM 2010 Management pack please mail me at praveend-at-microsoft-dot-com. The closest answer to DCM pack for DPM would be DPM's Best practice analyzer guidelines which can be downloadable from DPM sites. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "John H" <JohnH@di...

Emailing files changes formatting
I am regularly emailing an excel file back and forth. For some reason, the page set-ups (page breaks, paper orientation, paper size) are altered when the file is opened on the other end. We're both using office 2002... I can't figure out why the formatting goes wonky by emailing the table. I don't have problems emailing it to anyone else. Nothing to do with emailing... Printouts may, and probably will, be different any time a workbook is printed from computers with different print drivers or installed/default fonts, or from different printers. To minimize the problem, ...

0x7c91b21a error
Hi, I found a solution for an error message on start up that states that memory could not be written at 0x7c91b21a 0x00000010. It appears the latest update for Windows Media Player is causing this problem if the Service, Windows Driver Foundation. is turned on. It needs to be disabled. I found this at Bleeping Computers and this solution worked for me. Cathy http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic261076.html ...

send/receive error #4
I am getting the following error when I try to send email from my pc. I am using comcast cable and had been able to do so at first. I also installed Zone alarm firewall. Uninstalling this has not helped. Any thoughts? Task 'POP3.comcast.net - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'rror. I heard from a co-worker that Comcast was affected by the RPC exploit/Blaster/LovSan worm. Have you tried contacting them...

2 .pst files
winxp pro sp2, outlook 2003 I did a "detect and repair" and now have outlook.pst and outlook1.pst. It does not matter which one I select as default, they both display the same info. Outlook.pst is 2.2mb and outlook1.pst is 3.9mb. Neither will allow me to rename or delete. Can someone help me out on this? If you cannot close either one, then you have a corrupt profile and must create a new one from scratch. You can then designate which PST file should be your default in that profile and close any others you do not want or need. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ti...

error while using case statement
Hi, I have to modify an existing query as below existing logic: and table.location in (select city from tablename1 where col=col) New logic: Now if the column table.loction' is null then I have to use the below logic select tablename1 CITY from tablename1 , tablename2 where =stn_id and tablename1 .id =tablename2.id if the column table.loction' is not null then i use the existing logic, i.e. and table.location in (select city from tablename1 where col=col) How can I incorporate this in my query. I planned to use a case statement, but I am getting errors in th...

Receiving Transaction Error
When trying to receive an item, I am getting the below error: Item's vendor record doesn't exist. The vendor record is in the pm00200 table and it shows on the PO. Hi TBrooks, I would guess the record is missing from IV00103, the Item Vendor Master. Set one up in Cards>Inventory>Vendor and you should be able to post the receipt. Kind regards, Leslie "TBrooks" wrote: > When trying to receive an item, I am getting the below error: > > Item's vendor record doesn't exist. > > The vendor record is in the pm00200 t...

XML File Size & Memory
Hi All, I have an xml file that is 63mb in size. If I were to load this file into memory, will it consume 63mb of memory or will it consume more than that? Thanks, Roshawn That depends on how you're planning to load that document. If you are loading it into an XmlDocument or an XPathDocument object then it will consume more memory than the size of the file. If you simply walk the document with and XmlTextReader then it will consume less memory. HTH, Christoph Schittko MVP XML http://weblogs.asp.net/cschittko > -----Original Message----- > From: Roshawn Dawson [mailto:udrag...

Unknown Error Message #2
I noticed this evening that I hadn't received any emails since this afternoon, which was odd. When I tried to delete a message, I received the following message from Outlook. "The message interface has received an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I did restart Outlook but received the same messages. I checked my server on my office email and I see that there are messages sitting there which did not download to Outlook. The last thing I was doing before I realized there was a problem was that I was moving a folder with a few messages into a folder t...

Receiving error
Outlook Express 6 - Just upgraded to XP, and receiving error code when trying to receiving my mail. Error: A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to connect to the server. Account: 'Incoming.Verizon.net', Server: 'Incoming.Verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC15 What do I need to do? Chris L <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook Express 6 Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman I was receiving the exact same error in Outlook 2000. I also use Outlook Express which worked fine. I purchase...

Y-Error Bars
I am having trouble putting a y-error bar on one data point in my series. Excel wants to add error bars to all points (bars) in the series. Is there a way to do this? Thanks. Hi Diana, To get error bars on a single bar you can use the Custom +/- reference boxes on the Error bar tabs. Use this to get your values from worksheets cells. Obviously within the cells are zero values for all but the bar your want. Cheers Andy Diana wrote: > I am having trouble putting a y-error bar on one data > point in my series. Excel wants to add error bars to all > points (bars) in the ...

Error message on closing Outlook #2
I am getting the following error message when closing Outlook: The instruction at "0x77f83907" referenced memory at "0x009a4d4c". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program I have tried the Microsft Online help but it wouldn't accept my product number so I wondered if anyone else had encountered such an error. I would like to know what it's doing! cheers ...

windows server 2003 SP2 failed with error 0x800703e7.
i am traying to install windows server 2003 SP2 from WSUS failed with error 0x800703e7. same i am traying to install manualy giveing "Installtion failed" Error. Hello Manish, 0x800703e7 can belong to a corrupted/broken disk, run chkdsk first and see if this helps: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb491051.aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm ...

Fatal Error: Alink error ...could not open ../src/serailc++pp.snk file
Hi, I am using VC 7.0 compiler to build a dll file... Lib files are successfully generated...however when linker starts, error given is Kindly suggest what the issue is... I did a lot of google... could not find anything... onyl clue was like Link.exe /KeyFile:serailc++pp.snk /Version 1.0.0.0 But could not understand what the real problem is... Kindy help Thanks, ICF :-) What exactly the error message looks like? "iceColdFire" wrote: > Hi, > I am using VC 7.0 compiler to build a dll file... > Lib files are successfully generated...however when linker sta...

im trying to open an excel file from my cis class
i need help opening an excel file hi you haven't provided enough information for a useful answer - do you have excel installed on your machine? - what happens when you try and open the file - nothing, an error message etc, etc please provide more details and we'll see if we can help Cheers JulieD "dionne" <dionne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A87441A-ACFD-4E79-B804-D6A64079F3D1@microsoft.com... >i need help opening an excel file ...

outlook error
Hi, outlook experiences a serious problem with the 'microsoft dynamics crm' add-in.If you have seen this message multiple times, you should disable this add-in and check to see if an update is available.Do you want to disable this add-in. I am posting this error again, I didnt find a exact solution yet. Can anyone help me please. Thanks Run CRM Diagnotsic to Fix it. Worked for me. "Karthik-" wrote: > Hi, > > outlook experiences a serious problem with the 'microsoft dynamics crm' > add-in.If you have seen this message multiple times, you should d...

How do you find and replace text in autoshapes or comments
Excel 2000 find and replace text in multiple autoshapes or comments, not in cells ...

saving multiple sheets as separate files
Hi, I am excel 2000 user. I have a workbook with 15 worksheets. Each of the sheet correspond to an employee and contains some information. I would like to create 15 separate files from each of the sheet, so that i can send them to each employee. Is it possible to do this automatically ? regards hari --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 04:55:14 -0600, harisaaa7 <harisaaa7.yvzly@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am excel 2000 user. I have a workbook with 15 worksheets. Each of the >sheet correspond to an employee and contains some...

CRM Privilege Error
Hi Guys I am in a pretty sticky situation. At my company the CRM installation was done by a colleague who wasn't very sure of what he was doing and without consulting deployment guides did the installation and now numerous components of CRM donot work. I have managed to fix most of the problems but i'm still sitting with one whereby when a CRM user tries to make use of the "send direct email" functionality on CRM web it comes up saying that he has insufficient privileges to complete the task. After reading and re-reading the deployment guides etc i noticed 3 key fact...