DPM discovery of new sharepoint sites and sub sites

DPM beta 2010 with SP 2007
As new sites and subsites are added to MOSS they are not immediatly picked
up by the next DPM recovery point.  Is there a function in DPM that
rediscovers the farm?  When does it run?  It would seem it should do this
before each recoverypoint.

Thanks

        You can use Start-AutoProtection cmdlet to update any database level
changes that could have happened in the sharepoint Farms. Once it is done
one can take the backup. To update the sitecollection in RC we will be
providing the Start-CreateCatalog that can be run on a datasource which
updates it. I hope this resolves the problems that you are facing.

Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]

"MT" <MT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> DPM beta 2010 with SP 2007
> As new sites and subsites are added to MOSS they are not immediatly picked
> up by the next DPM recovery point.  Is there a function in DPM that
> rediscovers the farm?  When does it run?  It would seem it should do this
> before each recoverypoint.
>
> Thanks

0
Praveen

table to new table
hi thanks for your time and help i have an access table which is an automatic update so its data is constantly changing but the fields stay the same. i need to be able to transfer the data at the click of a button from the linked table into an access table without deleting the data already stored in the main table. i have tried looking at the transfer spreadsheet but this does not work. thanks for the help hi, Rivers wrote: > i have an access table which is an automatic update so its data is > constantly changing but the fields stay the same. > i need to be able to transfer...

I have a new PC -- how can I move Money (the license) to it?
Hi, I got a new PC and need to move Money -- I guess the SW license -- to it. Does anyone know how I can do this or, where I can look for the answer? Thanks! Rusty -- ------------------------------------------------------- Rusty Williamson Owner, Technical Director, Lead Animator Virtualmedia Studios www.virtualmediastudios.com In microsoft.public.money, Rusty Williamson wrote: > > >I got a new PC and need to move Money -- I guess the SW license -- to it. >Does anyone know how I can do this or, where I can look for the answer? What version? Hi, It's MS Money 2006...

Can I merge old e-mail with new?
I have changed ISP from Roadrunner.com to Windstream.net. I would like to keep my Roadrunner E-mail due to the personal folders that exist. Is there a way to transfer or merge the old account with the Windstream e-mail? Just use the same PST file for your Windstream account that you used for your RoadRunner account. If you've already created a new PST file you can copy the messages from the RoadRunner PST to Windstream's PST. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The L...

Reprting serviices error after adding new reports to CRM
After deploying new customized reports to CRM 3.0 users can't view anyone of them. They recive the following error: Reporting Services Error -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get Online Help Query execution failed for data set 'createdon'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand) Get Online Help Invalid object name 'FilteredLead'. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Important information: CRM 3.0 run on SQL 2000 with SP 3 and...

What about DPM 2010 Rc
Anyone use 2010 RC in a production environment? I've put it on a VM to look at it, and it would be nice to use it in production. My Number 1 Reason To Upgrade >>> Can Disable Daily Tape Backups for Saturday and Sunday What's your reason(s) for upgrading? How is it working out for you? Yes. 6 protection groups, 10 servers, 20 vms on a 6 node hyper-v cluster with csv. Runs great. A few quirks here and there but overall great. A far cry from our last backup solution. I basically set it and forget it. Check it when I get in to the office in the morning. ...

New mail box
I created some user accounts with email this morning, as of now when I display the properties for these new users, under the email-addressing tab I still don't see any email address being created. This is the first time this is happening to me, I don't see any errors or events telling me that something is wrong. I created the users using the Active Directory users and computers, and check to make sure and alias address was created. This is a win2k3 server with ex2k3, the DC is a win2k3 also Please help, Had this problem before. In my event logs I had a whole host of AD error...

Suspend old code while new code is running
I have the following code: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersect(Range("AD10,AD14"), Target) Is Nothing Then Module14.CCFCLC_Shan ' Shows a userform End If End Sub I now need to write a new code to copy formats into Range("AD10,AD14"). I want to suspend the above code while this new code is running so the userform doesn't "show"?? -- Thanks Shawn application.enableevents = false 'your code application.enableevents = true Excel won't fire any even...

Adding a new Required field
Can i add a new field to my table such that i enforce a Required condition on it? I cant do this in the table design cos the field will be blank till date. Only the records henceforth should have a mandatory entry in this field. Is there a way i can set this up in the Form?ThanksRamesh Thanks .. that helped. I need to use it only on fields which should not go without data.Ramesh"Wayne-I-M" <WayneIM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3680E488-4ED6-4EC7-966D-9504717B4BEE@microsoft.com...> Hi Ramesh>> You could use a messages box to tell users that they...

Migrating to a new domain
Hello, I have been brought on to help setup the network for a new business. Here is a little background - initially we had a business that had a small network - 10 PCs and 3 servers. The servers consisted of SQL, Exchange 2003 and a Web Server. The domain name was company1.local and exchange accepted email for company1.com. This company went belly up and since then the owner has started a new business which is company2. We would rather not have to format all of the servers and start from scratch. We also would prefer to not have to create a new local domain. The only thing that r...

New in Money'04: Online Services Valid Two or Three Years from first use
From the new Money 2004 pages: http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/comparison.asp "Online services valid two or three years from first use. Online bill pay, downloading transactions from your financial institution, downloading stock quotes, and the ability to synchronize with MSN� Money Plus or MSN Money expire two years from first use of Microsoft Money Standard or September 1, 2006, whichever is earlier. Online bill pay, downloading transactions from your financial institution, downloading stock quotes, and the ability to synchronize with MSN� Money Plus or MSN Money expire three year...

New Mail Message Locks Up Outlook
My client is having an issue where Outlook 2003 (SP2) locks up when he tries to type a new email message. This doesn't have any set pattern, it sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't. Step 1: Start to write an email Step 2: While in the middle of typing it out, cannot minimize the window Step 3: When clicking on Inbox, it doesn't go there ...

New Install- workflow and deployment manager issues
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D6_01C50678.232EA9B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello all, I have a new install of CRM 1.2 and am having some issues. Installed on = a SBS 2003 server, sql with sp3a, Install had no issues (beyond normal), but can not get to: a.. The user manager under the Deployment manager. says localhost is = not available b.. The workflow manager using various versions of the url, server = name, ports etc... yes the registry service is = run...

DCM for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010
Does anyone know if a DCM pack is available for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010? If you are looking for System center configuration management pack for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010 they are available for DPM health monitoring. If you want DPM 2010 Management pack please mail me at praveend-at-microsoft-dot-com. The closest answer to DCM pack for DPM would be DPM's Best practice analyzer guidelines which can be downloadable from DPM sites. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "John H" <JohnH@di...

transfer OL from old to new computer
Hello: I have just purchased 4 computers for my office. The software consists of Win XP and Works. So I need to load my current version of Outlook 2000 on to each of these computers from the four computers that are being replaced. We use net folders to network the calendar. Question is how do I move my Outlook from the current computers to the new ones. Must I do this by reinstalling from the disk? But what of post office settings, and the calendar appointments past and future (which I can't lose in the process.) Thanks for your help. Scott >Hello: I have just purchased 4 com...

OL2000 illeg. op. error when new message arrives
Hello, I have a user that is receiving a "Outlook has performed an illegal operation" type error...white box with a close and ignore button. If you click the ignore button about 8x, the illegal operation message goes away. The error is only received when the user receives a new mail message The error is only received when Outlook plays a sound to notify of a new message arrival. I have tried a repair on the office install I have tried another sound file both to no avail The error message will not appear if the "play sound when new mail arrives" box is unchecked (...

Exchange 2003 with multiple site
Hi, I have one domain and one Exchange 2003 server. Now we want to introduce another Exchange 2003 server as a replication server. Can we do that? The resion we want to do this so some people can access there email via Outlook express or on there Cell phone using POP3 client. Thanks You can't simply "replicate" Exchange servers. you would need to implement some 3rd party software to do this. Warning - it isn't cheap. Is there some reason they can't access the existing server via IMAP or POP3? Why do you need to install another server just for that? -- Ben Winze...

adding new records

Removing site sections
Is it possible to remove entire sections/concepts from the CRM system? For instance, I'd like to get rid of the Opportunities in CRM. How would I go about that? Thanks. -GS You could restrict access to that area via security. "--" <bizilly@NOTCOLDmail.com> wrote in message news:gdudnZmwO6jM7SOiRVn-gw@speakeasy.net... Is it possible to remove entire sections/concepts from the CRM system? For instance, I'd like to get rid of the Opportunities in CRM. How would I go about that? Thanks. -GS ...

New Server Setup Project Plan
I am looking for a project plan to install Great Plains 7.5 on a brand new Windows 2000 server and move data from existing server to the new server. I've done a couple migrations. There are some script tricks to help transfer logins etc. Tell me this first: What version of SQL Server is on the old server? What version of Great Plains? Are you going from like to like, or do you have upgrades to accomplish as well? "Shariq" wrote: > I am looking for a project plan to install Great Plains 7.5 on a brand new > Windows 2000 server and move data from existing server t...

DPM Console crash
Hi there, In our DPM setup we have a created a filter to disable the weekend back-up. It was working fine till a couple of weeks a go. Now when we want to change the date in the filter the DPM console crashes. Does anyone has a solution for this problem? Witch errlog should we troubleshoot Regards, MihaiM Hi MihaiM, You can look at the error logs for UI at: DPM Install location \ temp. Paste the error logs excerpt about exception here or send the error logs to MUKULS [AT] MICROSOFT [DOT] COM -- Thanks and Regards Mukul This posting is provided "AS IS&...

Moving Outlook Contact Info from Old to New Computer over Network
I just got a laptop and networked it with my desktop. How do I transfer my Outlook 2007 contacts on the desktop to Outlook 2007 on the laptop? Thanks in advance Contacts do not exist separately from other Outlook data. Instructions on how to transfer Outlook data are posted here daily. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.m...

Create New Chart
I need to create a chart with an excel sheet as follows: Column A = Text only (Ricky Smith) Column B = Number associated with Column A (45,000) I can't seem to figure out how to get both A = as the name of the column and B as the actual graph amounts.... Help!!! Select the data, run the chart wizard (the column chart icon, or go to Insert menu > Chart), choose a column (or line) chart, and press Finish. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "TiaB" <TiaB@discussions.mi...

does anyone know how to connect RMS database and yahoo web-site?
I am trying to find out how we can connect RMS database and yahoo website. I really like to find out whether it is possible to connect to each other, and keep track of inventory at real time. in addition, if i want to make P.O. from web-site, can it be transferred to database from web-site to RMS d.b ?? thanx. I think HQ can do that for you. "andy" wrote: > I am trying to find out how we can connect RMS database and yahoo website. > > I really like to find out whether it is possible to connect to each other, > > and keep track of inventory at real time. &g...

new activity not in the appropriate queue
Help! I installed the Rollup 3 for MS CRM 4 and since then all created activities are redirected to the users assigned folder in queue and not in progress(my current activities) folder! It's not logical because a new activity is not yet assigned to a different user to be in the assigned folder !! I can't believe this is on purpose and I DON'T have a workflow on this. Can someone tell me how to fix this? ...

new emails not being shown in inbox
Hey everyone, I have a really weird problem with Outlook 2003, have recently done a server migration and moved everyone over to a new domain, I exported someones email out from their older user area, and then imported it in the new user area, but now, it doesn't show any mail coming in. I closed outlook and went to mail2web.com, and sent myself 2 test emails, they were there, and left it 5 minutes, still there, so I opened and outlook and did a send/receive, and the email weren't there any more. So I did an Advanced find and it couldn't find the emails i was asking it for, howeve...