DPM Database Size

The DPM database on my primary DPM server is 30GB.  The tbl_TE_TaskTrail
table is 23GB and contains data back to 2008.  Is it possible to prune this
table to reduce the database size?

Thanks
Richard

        I am assuming you are using DPM 2007 SP1. tbl_TE_TaskTrail is
supposed to have the entries only for the last one month tasks. Looks like
that the Garbage collection is not happening. Can you please make sure that
you have DPM 2007 SP1 and its latest
QFE(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=74ac7461-dbfe-4bc1-85a2-4d2948f30e42)
installed on your DPM server? The Garbage collection job runs at 12:00AM,
next day these rows should be deleted. Post this you can run SQL DBCC
command to shrink the DPM database size
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190488.aspx).

Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Richard Skinner" <RichardSkinner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:03A6982B-D9C2-4EA3-ADED-740DD42F5155@microsoft.com...
> The DPM database on my primary DPM server is 30GB.  The tbl_TE_TaskTrail
> table is 23GB and contains data back to 2008.  Is it possible to prune
> this
> table to reduce the database size?
>
> Thanks
> Richard

0
Praveen
1/6/2010 12:54:35 PM
Yes, I'm running DPM 2007 SP1.  Add/Remove programs shows I have the
following KBs installed: 976542, 970868 and 959605.  Is there any way I can
manually run the garbage collection task?

Thanks

"Praveen D [MSFT]" wrote:

>         I am assuming you are using DPM 2007 SP1. tbl_TE_TaskTrail is
> supposed to have the entries only for the last one month tasks. Looks like
> that the Garbage collection is not happening. Can you please make sure that
> you have DPM 2007 SP1 and its latest
> QFE(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=74ac7461-dbfe-4bc1-85a2-4d2948f30e42)
> installed on your DPM server? The Garbage collection job runs at 12:00AM,
> next day these rows should be deleted. Post this you can run SQL DBCC
> command to shrink the DPM database size
> (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190488.aspx).
>
> Thanks,
> Praveen D [MSFT]
> This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
> "Richard Skinner" <RichardSkinner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:03A6982B-D9C2-4EA3-ADED-740DD42F5155@microsoft.com...
> > The DPM database on my primary DPM server is 30GB.  The tbl_TE_TaskTrail
> > table is 23GB and contains data back to 2008.  Is it possible to prune
> > this
> > table to reduce the database size?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Richard
>
> .

    Sorry for the delayed reply, You can find a Scheduled task registered in
DPM Database's SQL server under SQL Server Agent -> Jobs with the task name
"97AB8BC2-B697-48db-AD1F-9850F1163B7E". Right click it and select "Start Job
At Step". Once this job is succeeded you should be able to find the reduced
number of Task trails.

message news:07E47EC8-E0BB-4F1E-B044-4DAA6F841224@microsoft.com...
> Yes, I'm running DPM 2007 SP1.  Add/Remove programs shows I have the
> following KBs installed: 976542, 970868 and 959605.  Is there any way I
> can
> manually run the garbage collection task?
>
> Thanks
>
> "Praveen D [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>>         I am assuming you are using DPM 2007 SP1. tbl_TE_TaskTrail is
>> supposed to have the entries only for the last one month tasks. Looks
>> like
>> that the Garbage collection is not happening. Can you please make sure
>> that
>> you have DPM 2007 SP1 and its latest
>> QFE(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=74ac7461-dbfe-4bc1-85a2-4d2948f30e42)
>> installed on your DPM server? The Garbage collection job runs at 12:00AM,
>> next day these rows should be deleted. Post this you can run SQL DBCC
>> command to shrink the DPM database size
>> (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190488.aspx).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Praveen D [MSFT]
>> This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no
>> rights.
>>
>> "Richard Skinner" <RichardSkinner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:03A6982B-D9C2-4EA3-ADED-740DD42F5155@microsoft.com...
>> > The DPM database on my primary DPM server is 30GB.  The
>> > tbl_TE_TaskTrail
>> > table is 23GB and contains data back to 2008.  Is it possible to prune
>> > this
>> > table to reduce the database size?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Richard
>>
>> .

0
Praveen

What about DPM 2010 Rc
Anyone use 2010 RC in a production environment? I've put it on a VM to look at it, and it would be nice to use it in production. My Number 1 Reason To Upgrade >>> Can Disable Daily Tape Backups for Saturday and Sunday What's your reason(s) for upgrading? How is it working out for you? Yes. 6 protection groups, 10 servers, 20 vms on a 6 node hyper-v cluster with csv. Runs great. A few quirks here and there but overall great. A far cry from our last backup solution. I basically set it and forget it. Check it when I get in to the office in the morning. ...

Excel integration with databases
I am wondering about the integration between Excel and an Oracle database. What I am trying to do is develop a form that will pull data from an Oracle view, allow for users to update information, and then save the data into another table. Is this possible? If so, how? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. You can use ADO and SQL to do so. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=295646 How To Transfer Data from ADO Data Source to Excel with ADO http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=278973 SAMPLE: ExcelADO Demonstrates How to Use ADO to Read and Write Data in Excel Wo...

Link to external database
Hi there, is it possible to create a new database and link the tables with CRM database tables? And if so, is it still possible to create reports, with that external data, inside MS CRM? Thanks in advance. ...

Database disappeared when i accidentally exported it 2 split file
Hi,everyone.i have a big problem here.i accidentally exported my table to my split file and now when i try to open the table,it shows "the microsoft office access database cannot find the input table or query 'filename'.Make sure it exists and that it's name is spelled correctly." What is wrong with the thing?Did i delete the database accidentally?If so,how do i retrieve it back?Hope to hear from you guys soon.Have a nice day On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 22:23:08 -0800, boon <boon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi,everyone.i have a big problem here.i accidental...

Deleting demo data from database?
MS Small Business Server MS CRM 1.2 SQL 2000 I want to delet all demo data from my database and want to enter new data in the database. How can i do this? Awan There is no easy way to do this. You can try deleting records manually via the UI, but if you have a alot of data, this will take awhile. Another, though unsupported, approach would be to set the DeleteionStateCode field in every table to 2. This will allow the deletion service to remove the records. Or, you can try manually deleting from each of the tables (again, unsupported). Just be careful not to delete records from the CR...

External database fields on standard forms
We have an external database linked to our MSCRM database. We can display this external fields on a custom navigation pane, but can we display any of these fields on any of the standard form tabs? I've thought of modifying the *.aspx file to allow this, but I have not yet tried this. Any thoughts out there? nope. It's probably not worth it to edit the aspx either. It's a lot of work that may be overwritten in the next version that may not even work the same. You can call your integration from the left pane on the entities. This seems to work well enough, and you can display ...

XML File Size & Memory
Hi All, I have an xml file that is 63mb in size. If I were to load this file into memory, will it consume 63mb of memory or will it consume more than that? Thanks, Roshawn That depends on how you're planning to load that document. If you are loading it into an XmlDocument or an XPathDocument object then it will consume more memory than the size of the file. If you simply walk the document with and XmlTextReader then it will consume less memory. HTH, Christoph Schittko MVP XML http://weblogs.asp.net/cschittko > -----Original Message----- > From: Roshawn Dawson [mailto:udrag...

DCM for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010
Does anyone know if a DCM pack is available for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010? If you are looking for System center configuration management pack for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010 they are available for DPM health monitoring. If you want DPM 2010 Management pack please mail me at praveend-at-microsoft-dot-com. The closest answer to DCM pack for DPM would be DPM's Best practice analyzer guidelines which can be downloadable from DPM sites. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "John H" <JohnH@di...

Sending/receiving message size limits
Hi, W2K3 domain with Exchange 2003. I was wondering what would happen if I configure a larger maximium message size on a specific smtp connector then is configured in the Global settings. For example in the global settings 10000KB sending receiving. On the SMTP connector 20000KB. Any idea's? Thanks Best, Glenn ...

Microsoft Sync Services/Microsoft Database Utility
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I've been getting this error repeatedly while working on my Mac, &quot;Microsoft Sync Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience&quot;. <br> When I open the Microsoft Database Utility to run, it does fine for a few minutes, then I get the message, &quot;Some Office programs could not be closed automatically . Quit all Office programs, and then click OK&quot;, followed by &quot;Do you want to quit Microsoft Messenger and all Microsoft Offi...

database offline defragmentation
hey folks it looks like we need to defrag our database (it's about 26gb) problem is we only have ~17gb space left on the partition (can't install any more drives, and the other partition is smaller) now question here is this : will 16GB be enough for the defrag ? if not .. any advice ? aside from killing the one who bought such a small hd.. Stas_K wrote: > hey folks > > it looks like we need to defrag our database (it's about 26gb) What makes you think so? -- If my message is helpful, please help me by registering at http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/Join and v...

Split Database 01-07-10
If a database is splited can it be joined back? If so how? Yes, but the bigger question is why would you rejoin it??? The proper deployment of a database (multiple users) is to always split it. If you really wish to rejoin it, you simply need to reimport (File - Get External Data - Import...) the tables from the back-end into the front-end and then simply use the front-end. Depending on the sofistication of your database, you may need to make change to code. For instance, you may need to disable vba which attempts to relink your tables... But once again, I ask: why would ...

DPM Console crash
Hi there, In our DPM setup we have a created a filter to disable the weekend back-up. It was working fine till a couple of weeks a go. Now when we want to change the date in the filter the DPM console crashes. Does anyone has a solution for this problem? Witch errlog should we troubleshoot Regards, MihaiM Hi MihaiM, You can look at the error logs for UI at: DPM Install location \ temp. Paste the error logs excerpt about exception here or send the error logs to MUKULS [AT] MICROSOFT [DOT] COM -- Thanks and Regards Mukul This posting is provided "AS IS&...

does anyone know how to connect RMS database and yahoo web-site?
I am trying to find out how we can connect RMS database and yahoo website. I really like to find out whether it is possible to connect to each other, and keep track of inventory at real time. in addition, if i want to make P.O. from web-site, can it be transferred to database from web-site to RMS d.b ?? thanx. I think HQ can do that for you. "andy" wrote: > I am trying to find out how we can connect RMS database and yahoo website. > > I really like to find out whether it is possible to connect to each other, > > and keep track of inventory at real time. &g...

Database Encryption
Hi Friends, SQL 2008 - TDE encryption I'm trying to apply TDE for one of my databases, all seems run fine, except that when I run SELECT db_name(database_id), encryption_state FROM sys.dm_database_encryption_keys with (nolock) after applying encryption to database, the state of encryption is 2 (Encryption in progress). is this expected ? or it should be 3 (Encrypted) ? Thanks in advance, Pat On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 13:13:05 -0700 (PDT), "Pat.Rick" <patrickalexander.email@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi Friends, >SQL 2008 - TDE encryption > >I'm ...

Backing up CCR Passive node with DPM (block level)?
Hello Please check the link from the technet forums I posted. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-GB/exchangesvravailabilityandisasterrecovery/thread/fb88bed7-c024-4585-b58d-a8ef58176fc4 Suggested to check out the new threads instead. Basically there is an option in DPM to always choose the passive node in a CCR cluster. I've heard there is a problem though where a consistency check is required and it can transfer up to 90% of the data. Why is DPM doing a block level? Isnt it easier to just check the log files and the database files instead? I'm not an exper...

Memo size paper for Outlook print outs?
Dumb question.... But does anyone who still uses a paper based daytimer print out calendars and contact lists in Outlook for insertion into a memo sized binder? I think memo size is 5x3 right? If yes.... can you buy pre-puched 5x3 sheets for insertion into a printer so it will print out these Outlook calendars and contact lists? John ...

DPM to DPM untrusted
Hi There, I'm trying to find out if in DPM 2010 a DPM to DPM backup is supported across untrusted domains? From my reading it appears to not be supported but this is a pretty common/useful scenario for a number of companies. If this is supported can the one DPM server backup multiple DPM servers from multiple untrusted domains? Thanks One way to solve this is by establishing a two way trust between the DPM machines domains. But protecting two different servers without trust between the servers domains in not supported. We will consider this in future DPM releas...

Search string to search for wild terms in Access database
I have been desperately trying to figure this out and I'm stumped. So I'm turning to my fellow Google Groupers. I have a macro enriched Excel file that calls/edits information in a MS Access database. There are about 20 fields in the database. I'm using ADODB connection/recordset codings to get/edit my information. I know how to code a SEARCH string in order to find one field of information, but not multiple fields. For example, I manage a database of permits. A few of the fields in my database are permit number (permit_num), County (county), Applicant (app), and R...

Import from corporate databases
Hi, I'm looking for products that will import data from corporate databases (eg. financial, ERP and manufacturing systems) directly into an existing Excel spreadsheet. My clients live in Excel, and want to bring data into their spreadsheets directly, rather than having to go out to the ERP system and export the data as XLS, then import it. They're looking for something higher-level and easier to use than ODBC. I've found Lasata's F9 product (http://www.f9.com/index2.html) which looks spot on - are there other similar products out there that do the same job? Thanks, -- Bil...

File Size #2
Could someone explain to me why a Print Screen that is copied into a new Excel 2000 workbook and then saved is 48KB while a Printscreen that is copied into Paint, edited (trimmed) to less than a quarter of the original area is more than 420KB? I am trying to build a library of Screen Shots in Excel of Stock Market data from a different Application that will only require a part of the screen to be copied, but I don't see a way in Excel to completely eliminate the unnecessary data as it is only 'hidden' even though the straight 'paste' into Excel is the smaller file...

forms not listed in database contents, yet can add data to them
Hi - there are no forms listed when I open up the database in design view. All the tables, queries, and macros are there. When I open up the database to add data, all the forms are there and can be used. The data is stored. So, it seems that the forms are still there, but just cannot be seen in design view. The database, when I open it up in design view, says Access 2000 file object even though I am using Access 2003 - could that be the problem? Thanks! You cannot open an entire database in Design View. Try opening it normally, selecting a form, and choosing Design View from the V...

Picture Size
Does anyone know if there is a recommended picture size (width and height) for RMS that display best? Thank you. hi Mark normally it accept 120 x 85 Pix size but it can go maximum by 800 x 600 in item picture properties but recommeded is as smaller as you can. to my knowledge I think 300 pix is good to go for. "Mark" wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a recommended picture size (width and height) > for RMS that display best? > > Thank you. ...

unable to back up using only tape (without disk) with secondary DPM
I have setup a secondary DPM with only tape capabilities (no disk available). When I tried to create a new protection group on the secondary DPM, I unchecked the short term option (disk) and only select the long term option (tape), the "Next" button will get greyed out. Any ideas why is this happening? It happens to all except when I try to protect the Primary DPM or protect itself (secondary DPM). Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice C# .NET Windows Task Scheduler http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/9f75423c-4849-4866-ad48-8fbd2ed2ed88/c-...

Query using database criterion
I have stored some data in sheet named "Data" in database format with following headers: Column Heading Type of data ===== ====== ======== A Supplier_Name Text B Machine_Model Text C Table_Length Numeric D Table_Width Numeric E Spindle_Diameter Numeric Some of the data under columns C, D & E are blank. Columns. A:D is named as "Data" The criterion for quering the database is setup as follows i...