DPM Console crash

Hi there,

In our DPM setup we have a created a filter to disable the weekend back-up.
It was working fine till a couple of weeks a go. Now when we want to change
the date in the filter the DPM console crashes.

Does anyone has a solution for this problem? Witch errlog should we
troubleshoot

Regards,
MihaiM

Hi MihaiM,

You can look at the error logs for UI at:

DPM Install location \ temp.
Paste the error logs excerpt about exception here or send the error logs to
MUKULS [AT]
 MICROSOFT [DOT] COM
--
Thanks and Regards
Mukul

"MihaiM" <MihaiM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> In our DPM setup we have a created a filter to disable the weekend
> back-up.
> It was working fine till a couple of weeks a go. Now when we want to
> change
> the date in the filter the DPM console crashes.
>
> Does anyone has a solution for this problem? Witch errlog should we
> troubleshoot
>
> Regards,
> MihaiM

-1
Mukul
12/5/2009 6:47:32 PM
Hi there Mukuls,

In the default DPM Install directory (C:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM) I see multiple .errlog.
Which one do you want? There all about 5 MB in size.

Kind Regards,

MihaiM
1
MihaiM

ESM Crashing
every time i try and access a help menu my ESM crashes i also often get error relating to Inteligent message filter and then ESM crashes. Exch2000 ORG i have added two new EXCH2003 2003 R2 servers and the error is on both 2003 R2 servers and not the Exch2000 server. This has happend from day one of adding the new Exch2003 server, the install is only a week or so old. Have you applied Exchange SP2 and post-SP2 hot-fixes? todd parker wrote: > every time i try and access a help menu my ESM crashes i also often get error > relating to Inteligent message filter and then ESM crashes. &...

Crashed hard drive
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) I had installed the Student and Teacher Edition of Office on my (old) home computer and my daughter's laptop (MacBook). I was planning to save my final installation for a new home computer. However, my daughter's hard drive crashed and needed to be replaced. Is it possible to use the old product key again to reinstall the one that was on the crashed drive? Or do I have to use my final installation to reinstall Office on her laptop? Thanks. As long as you don't use the same key on more than 1 stationary & 1 portable syste...

What about DPM 2010 Rc
Anyone use 2010 RC in a production environment? I've put it on a VM to look at it, and it would be nice to use it in production. My Number 1 Reason To Upgrade >>> Can Disable Daily Tape Backups for Saturday and Sunday What's your reason(s) for upgrading? How is it working out for you? Yes. 6 protection groups, 10 servers, 20 vms on a 6 node hyper-v cluster with csv. Runs great. A few quirks here and there but overall great. A far cry from our last backup solution. I basically set it and forget it. Check it when I get in to the office in the morning. ...

DCM for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010
Does anyone know if a DCM pack is available for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010? If you are looking for System center configuration management pack for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010 they are available for DPM health monitoring. If you want DPM 2010 Management pack please mail me at praveend-at-microsoft-dot-com. The closest answer to DCM pack for DPM would be DPM's Best practice analyzer guidelines which can be downloadable from DPM sites. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "John H" <JohnH@di...

CollectionBase crash in UserControl
Hi, When I add a derived class from CollectionBase to a user control, the form that uses the user control failed out on designer window with error, (To prevent possible data loss before loading the designer, the following errors must be resolved). I can continue on with ignore this error, but the collection dialog doesn't save my selection. And it is missing (Collection) word in the property section of the user control. Here is the derived CollectionBase class using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Linq; using System.Text; using System.Collections; ...

CThreadLocalObject Crash on Exit
I recently ported an app from VC2003 to VC2005. My app now crashes on exit. The following is the stack trace from the app. mfc80d.dll!CThreadLocalObject::GetData(CNoTrackObject * (void)* pfnCreateObject=0x78245650) Line 409 + 0x3 bytes C++ mfc80d.dll!CThreadLocal<AFX_MODULE_THREAD_STATE>::GetData() Line 177 + 0xd bytes C++ mfc80d.dll!AfxGetModuleThreadState() Line 464 + 0x11 bytes C++ mfc80d.dll!AfxWinTerm() Line 47 + 0x5 bytes C++ mfc80d.dll!AfxWinMain(HINSTANCE__ * hInstance=0x00400000, HINSTANCE__ * hPrevInstance=0x00000000, char * lpCmdLine=0x0015233a, int nCmdShow=1) Lin...

DPM Console crash
Hi there, In our DPM setup we have a created a filter to disable the weekend back-up. It was working fine till a couple of weeks a go. Now when we want to change the date in the filter the DPM console crashes. Does anyone has a solution for this problem? Witch errlog should we troubleshoot Regards, MihaiM Hi MihaiM, You can look at the error logs for UI at: DPM Install location \ temp. Paste the error logs excerpt about exception here or send the error logs to MUKULS [AT] MICROSOFT [DOT] COM -- Thanks and Regards Mukul This posting is provided "AS IS&...

Backing up CCR Passive node with DPM (block level)?
Hello Please check the link from the technet forums I posted. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-GB/exchangesvravailabilityandisasterrecovery/thread/fb88bed7-c024-4585-b58d-a8ef58176fc4 Suggested to check out the new threads instead. Basically there is an option in DPM to always choose the passive node in a CCR cluster. I've heard there is a problem though where a consistency check is required and it can transfer up to 90% of the data. Why is DPM doing a block level? Isnt it easier to just check the log files and the database files instead? I'm not an exper...

OT: Mac Crashed Today
My dad called me. Our Mac crashed today at our print shop. Going in for repair at CompUSA. <end of message> -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Results 1 - 10 of about 2,640,000 http://www.google.com/search?biw=999&hl=en&q=MAC+troubleshooting -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eRrQpQlfFHA.275...

DPM to DPM untrusted
Hi There, I'm trying to find out if in DPM 2010 a DPM to DPM backup is supported across untrusted domains? From my reading it appears to not be supported but this is a pretty common/useful scenario for a number of companies. If this is supported can the one DPM server backup multiple DPM servers from multiple untrusted domains? Thanks One way to solve this is by establishing a two way trust between the DPM machines domains. But protecting two different servers without trust between the servers domains in not supported. We will consider this in future DPM releas...

unable to back up using only tape (without disk) with secondary DPM
I have setup a secondary DPM with only tape capabilities (no disk available). When I tried to create a new protection group on the secondary DPM, I unchecked the short term option (disk) and only select the long term option (tape), the "Next" button will get greyed out. Any ideas why is this happening? It happens to all except when I try to protect the Primary DPM or protect itself (secondary DPM). Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice C# .NET Windows Task Scheduler http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/9f75423c-4849-4866-ad48-8fbd2ed2ed88/c-...

System crash Unable to restart RMS
Hi, I have been using Microsft RMS for Past year and a half for operations at my small speciality grocery store. I have had a fair smooth experience with RMS during this time, aside from a few lockups and crashes every now and then. Couple of days ago, my system crashed in a middle of a transaction, and immdiately restarted. Both Manager and POS modules were running on the computer at the time. Cashier notified the the Supervisor about the hold up in the processing of the transaction. Supervisor mistakenly assuming that the system had froze manually restarted the system while system was in pr...

Outlook crashes when sending email with external program while outlook self is not running
Hi, I'm having a problem with Outlook. An external program is sending email using Outlook. When Outlook is not running we get the message: Outlook has generated several errors and will be shutdown. If we first startup Outlook then the mail will be sent oke. We are using Windows 2000 Professional and Office 2000 Professional and Microsoft Exchange 2000. I have'nt found a solution yet. Is there anyone who had the same problem and knows what is going on. greeting, Hans. ...

Howto use a CDialog class from a console application
Hi, I used th appwizard in msvc++ 6.0 to create a console application. I then added a dialog with classwizard the project, but when I call mydialog.DoModal() nothing happens. Is this possible ? -chip chip wrote: > Hi, > > I used th appwizard in msvc++ 6.0 to create a console application. > I then added a dialog with classwizard the project, but when I call > mydialog.DoModal() nothing happens. > > Is this possible ? > > -chip > > No. A console application does not have the MFC infrastructure, particularly the message pump, that is required to ...

Macro Crashes Excel XP
I wrote a VBA Macro in Excel XP, ran it, everything was fine. Now when I open the spreadsheet, before the spreadsheet actually opens, Excel crashes. When Excel recovers the document, it removes the macro. What (if anything) can I do? If I could get my hands on the code, maybe I could change something around to prevent Excel crashing. Disabling the macro prior to the spreadsheet opening doesn't help Jeez! There's a fair bit of work (and data) in that macro and I'd like to at least recover the code. Thanks for any help you can give me. Perry. a few people have reported suc...

Excel 2003 crashing on saving
One of the PCs in the office has a problem where it excel crashes upon saving large spreadsheets (anything above about 50mb) , however size shouldn't be an issue as that PC has 1gb of RAM. The same spreadsheet works fine on other PCs , and it happens on the problem machine no matter who's using it. Re-installing office makes no difference and smaller spreadsheets work fine. It puts an error in the event log , (ID 1000) Faulting application excel.exe, version 11.0.5612.0, stamp 3f39ff9d, faulting module excel.exe, version 11.0.5612.0, stamp 3f39ff9d, debug? 0, fault address 0x0007e7ae....

DPM Consistency Check
I have a 735 GB volume I'm using DPM 2010 on. If I throw it a do a consistency check......it been running for over 5 hours. I plan on protecting a larger file server with millions of files and over 4 TB of data. How long can I expect a consistency check to take? If a consistency check takes days...what happens to my backups? The time to complete a consistency check depends on the change rate for the data, the available network bandwidth, and the time that has passed since the previous successful synchronization job. Here is a good reference chart: http://technet.micro...

windows 2008 system state error on primary dpm server
I have two dpm servers, one primary and one secondary. Secondary backs up the primary. Primary server is disk only, Secondary is tape only. Both are windows 2008 x86 running the latest dpm fix pack. When the 2ndary backs up the primary DPM server system state it fails with an error. I also cannot perform a system state of the primary DPM server from the windows backup on the server either. Both have just been rebuilt, all partitions wiped, recreated. Below are the two errors....Any thoughts? Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-Backup Date: ...

Outlook 2003 Crashes 04-14-10
I have been experiencing problems with my Outlook for over a month now. The predictive email address pop up is not working and my Outlook crashes when I send emails or when I try to edit contact information. The error message I get is: Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.8312.0 AppStamp:4a403990 ModName: outllib.dll ModVer: 11.0.8313.0 ModStamp:4a793cc5 fDebug: 0 Offset: 002da0c7 Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks. "Bradj57&q...

Publisher 2002 frequently crashing!
Publisher 2002 crashes on me very often and it seems as though I am constantly sending online crash analysis reports. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, done all the downloads I can think of and I'm ready to pull my hair out. Can you offer me any options, please? Do you get an error? Have you updated your printer/graphics drivers? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "rh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:177c701c4186e$df1aa0f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Publisher 2002 c...

Join to W2003 domain and Office v.X crashed on opening
Hi I have joined two Mac's running Tiger to our W2003 domain using AD and SMB. Now Office v.X does not start, eihter with no error or and out of memeory error. Also the Quark program states it needs to be re-installed and then opens but without all its font's. I have tried using batchmod to change per issions on the Office v.X folder, but this did not seem to help. Sounds like an identity problem to me, but i am a noob on Mac's. Any ideas please. Lewej Are your home folders stored on the 2k3 server? If so, probably a permission issue, or the .Temporary Items folder and/or .T...

DPM to DPM replication issues
Have a DPM 2007 sp1 server [with hotfix for HyperV] replicating to a 2nd (offsite) DPM 2007 sp1 server. I am trying to backup full VHD's (agent running on 2008 server that is running hypervisor). These vhd files are all larger than 50 gb and one is 600gb. we have a 5-10mb upload - and plenty of bandwidth at our colo. main issue is our file server backup, it is about 650 gb of total vhd files that i was able to get consistent once but after a failed backup it is inconsistent again. have tried a few times to run consistency checks but after a few 100 hours they get intur...

DPM 2010 End-User Recovery UI
Hey All, In my test environment I'm trying to configure the following: DPM 2010 RC server is in domain A My client workstation (windows 7) is in domain B The client backup works fine, I can recover on the DPM server, I can recover on the client through Previous versions without any problems However, in the Client DPM UI, when I go to Recover, I get the following error: "DPM found no recovery points which you are authorized to restore on the specified DPM server. You can restore only those recover points for which you were an administrator at the time ...."...

suppressing display of a console window for a console app
I'm trying to replace our fairly crappy scheduler with the NT Task Scheduler to run a console app When our old scheduler runs this app, it does so with no console window and the app then closes its standard in/out handles. To do this, our scheduler calls CreateProcess() and sets the flag parameter to DETACHED_PROCESS. The command line for the console app includes a /d switch to tell it to close its IO handles How would I get the same behaviour when running the console app from the NT Task Scheduler? I've looked at the interface for the task object and can't see anything there tha...

Major Exchange 2003 crashing problems
Hiyas, I have all my users on Exchange 2003. I only have about 150 mailboxes and they are on a pretty beafy server. I got 4 GB of RAM with a 3.2ghz Xeon. Well since I installed the KB896422,KB90046,KB896428,KB899591,KB896727,KB901214,KB899587,KB899588 and ,KB893756 patches, the server will crash almost every day. Before I uninstall all these patches, is there a hotfix I need or something or does someone know whats going on? Thanks I also am showing the following error message in my event viewer The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read the state of the services, error '0x8...