DPM 2010 to DPM 2010 DR on Windows 2008R2 not available?

Hi

I recently deployed a DPM 2010 primary and secondary server in our
environment (mainly to protect our Exchange 2010 servers). I installed the
agent from the secondary DPM server onto the primary. The next step is to
select the agent under
the Management tab and down the bottom of the screen reveals the version,
thottling disabled but it is not showing "Protected computers enabled for
Protection"

Is there anything that needs to be done in addition to setup the secondary
DPM server to protect the primary?

    If I am not mistaken, you are trying to locate the primary DPM server
and its Protected servers on the Secondary DPM server after agent
deployment. Agent deployment on primary server from secondary server alone
is not sufficient for DR protection. You need to create protection group
like the one you created on the Primary DPM server for Protection servers.
On the Secondary DPM server while creating the PG when you expand the
Primary DPM server you will be able to locate the Protection servers
protected the Primary DPM server. You can select the data sources that you
are interested in from different Primary DPM Protection serves and create a
PG. Here you might want to protect the Primary DPM Database also which helps
in re-creating the primary DPM in case of disasters. For more information
please take refer to:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/bb808920(en-us).aspx
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/bb795642(en-us).aspx
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/bb795745(en-us).aspx

Thanks,
Praveen D
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights

"Brett Watkins" <BrettWatkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I recently deployed a DPM 2010 primary and secondary server in our
> environment (mainly to protect our Exchange 2010 servers). I installed the
> agent from the secondary DPM server onto the primary. The next step is to
> select the agent under
> the Management tab and down the bottom of the screen reveals the version,
> thottling disabled but it is not showing "Protected computers enabled for
> Protection"
>
> Is there anything that needs to be done in addition to setup the secondary
> DPM server to protect the primary?

0
Praveen
11/18/2009 10:35:36 AM
You do not need to do anything special.

You can directly go to the Protection tab and set up protection

--
Nileema [MSFT]

"Brett Watkins" <BrettWatkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I recently deployed a DPM 2010 primary and secondary server in our
> environment (mainly to protect our Exchange 2010 servers). I installed the
> agent from the secondary DPM server onto the primary. The next step is to
> select the agent under
> the Management tab and down the bottom of the screen reveals the version,
> thottling disabled but it is not showing "Protected computers enabled for
> Protection"
>
> Is there anything that needs to be done in addition to setup the secondary
> DPM server to protect the primary?

0
Nileema

Reduced window with OE6?
I'm using OE 6 for ng reading. I've selected the Basic View layout, so I'm not using a preview pane. When I open a message, in a newsgroup, it always opens to a reduced window. I would like it to open to a maximized window, but I don't recognize the option in my toolbar selections. Any help? And Merry Christmas! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5....

Setting Right margin in Onenote 2010
Onenote 2010 is great but I haven't figured out how to set the right margin in a note. Here is a screenshot shpwing the problem. I would like to set the margin closer to the right side of the page. http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-4/1174390/Screenshot.jpg When I click on a text box, i can't seem to widen it. When I go to View|paper Size, I want to use Auto paper size so the note keeps growing in length. When I select this option, all the other boxes are grayed out. Any help appreciated. Bob On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:37:53 -0700 (PDT), Bob <ralvarez@spambob.ne...

List of Categories in Outlook 2010
Is there any way of getting a printable list of categories assigned in Microsoft Outlook 2010? e.g. to allow the list to be fine-tuned and or for colleagues to also have the same categories available TIA! I would do a print screen, personally. The following macro in Outlook should work to produce a list of categories in a Word document. Set a reference to the Microsoft Word object library in the vba editor (Tools > References). Although aimed at Word the principles shown at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm apply to Outlook also should you not know what to do with macro lis...

Conflicts with Front page 2003 sp3 (Windows XP)
I made one change on one page. Went to publish and I found "Conflicts" on every page. They were "Unchanged" the last time I opened FP. Help does not address this. What would cause this to happen. How would I correct it? Any direction would be appreciated. -- BB Engel BB Engel wrote: >I made one change on one page. Went to publish and I found "Conflicts" on >every page. They were "Unchanged" the last time I opened FP. Help does not >address this. What would cause this to happen. How would I correct it? >Any direction would be...

Windows Live Signin
I have 2 windows live accounts that I use to seperate the contacts in the windows live mail. Is there any way to make one of these the default when I sign in to mail. It seems the last one used is picked up on a new signon. On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 13:33:03 -0700, Ed in DC wrote: > I have 2 windows live accounts that I use to seperate the contacts in the > windows live mail. Is there any way to make one of these the default when I > sign in to mail. It seems the last one used is picked up on a new signon. You don't have to "sign in" to Windows Live Mail. B...

pointer to parent window
Hi Im learning visual c++ using sams "teach yourself visual c++ 6 in 21 days and im stuck in 8th day where I have to create a pointer from the child window to paren and then use that pointer to manipulate some variables on the parent window. Here's the cod CGraphicsDlg is the parent an CPaintDlg is the chil 1: void CPaintDlg::OnPaint( 2: 3: CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for paintin 4 5: // TODO: Add your message handler code her 6 7: // Get a pointer to the parent windo 8: CGraphicsDlg *pWnd = (CGraphicsDlg*)GetParent() 9: // Do we have a valid p...

What about DPM 2010 Rc
Anyone use 2010 RC in a production environment? I've put it on a VM to look at it, and it would be nice to use it in production. My Number 1 Reason To Upgrade >>> Can Disable Daily Tape Backups for Saturday and Sunday What's your reason(s) for upgrading? How is it working out for you? Yes. 6 protection groups, 10 servers, 20 vms on a 6 node hyper-v cluster with csv. Runs great. A few quirks here and there but overall great. A far cry from our last backup solution. I basically set it and forget it. Check it when I get in to the office in the morning. ...

Are ribbons created in Word 2010 backward compatible to Word 2007
I understand that creating tabs/ribbons in Word 2010 is much easier than in word 2007. Are they backward-compatible from Word 2010 to Word 2007? ...

DCM for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010
Does anyone know if a DCM pack is available for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010? If you are looking for System center configuration management pack for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010 they are available for DPM health monitoring. If you want DPM 2010 Management pack please mail me at praveend-at-microsoft-dot-com. The closest answer to DCM pack for DPM would be DPM's Best practice analyzer guidelines which can be downloadable from DPM sites. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "John H" <JohnH@di...

Error:"Not enough memory is available......" when memory is not sh
I am using MSM2001 Standard OEM version on Windows-XP. Being new, I had made some mistakes in configuring the Bill setups initially. When I do Cash Flow analysis, some items crop up as "Trended", which seems to be reflecting the entries earlier made by mistake in bill setup. When I try to edit the trended item, I get the message "Not enough memory is available. If you have several applications open at the same time, you might need to close one of them before starting money." I had 512MB of memory. Since getting this error, I have now upgraded memory to 1.25GB. The er...

Seeking a deeper understanding of RPC on Windows.
The only info I can find on this is either just a straight description of the objects and methods employeed by MS and examples OR info on the Unix platform. Can someone give me some guidance on the theoretical nature of RPC within Windows 2000 and MSVC++ 6.0? I want to expand on the RPC example from MSDN which has the server installed and running as a service. The client then calls the server to execute calls on the server. The only problem is I want the server to execute an application and not do some calculations. I have tried use this in the implementation of the server syst...

Windows Mail Vista
I am having a huge problem with Windows Mail. I can receive emails , but I CANNOT SEND email. I tried looking for any error messages when I try to send , I dont see any nor do I get any. I would love if anyone had a fix for this. I think you are on your own to figure that out; without an error message or anything more to go on, it is unlikely anyone can help. Try looking at a couple of hundred previous messages here and then you will know how to be more clear. If you think I am joking, I am not; I have read many, many thousands of messages in the newsgroup. "DELCOR&q...

DPM Console crash
Hi there, In our DPM setup we have a created a filter to disable the weekend back-up. It was working fine till a couple of weeks a go. Now when we want to change the date in the filter the DPM console crashes. Does anyone has a solution for this problem? Witch errlog should we troubleshoot Regards, MihaiM Hi MihaiM, You can look at the error logs for UI at: DPM Install location \ temp. Paste the error logs excerpt about exception here or send the error logs to MUKULS [AT] MICROSOFT [DOT] COM -- Thanks and Regards Mukul This posting is provided "AS IS&...

Outlook 2010 Beta access to internet
I just downloaded and installed Office 2010 Beta. Everything appears to work normally except that Outlook can't access the internet unless I turn off my firewall. I am using Windows live One Care. Can anyone explain and help? -- Thanks for your help Recreate the exception for Outlook to pass through your firewall. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "LesHurley&q...

Windows Explorer View
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050405010104080904030702 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Suddenly I cannot save a folder view which shows the file tree along the left side using "apply to all folders". Any idea what's happening? Thx for the help. --------------050405010104080904030702 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <...

ON_WM_DROPFILES()
How do you tell? "some dude" <no@no.com> wrote in message news:uvsggAtlKHA.1648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How do you tell? WM_DROPFILES is a very old and simple way to get stuff dropped onto your window. It doesn't tell you the source of the drop. For that you need to use the more modern drag and drop methods instead, which are unfortunately more complicated and COM-based. You need to expose IDropTarget object which will tell you these things and also let you do things like allow or deny the drop based on the source/file type, etc. -- David ...

Is there a way for Windows Service to Read/Write HKCU Reg key ?
Hi: I'm writing a Windows Service program which needs to read/write the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key for the current logged on user. I know that for a Windows service does not have concept of HKCU since it is always running in SYSTEM's context. But is there a way (trick?) for a service to access the HKCU registry key? Thanks In Advance ! Polaris Hello Try, from a user application (the one that is logged on, or the current user), to send the services the user's SID. Then access the HKCU through HKEY_USERS\users_sid\............ Hope that helps, Elias "Polaris&qu...

Backing up CCR Passive node with DPM (block level)?
Hello Please check the link from the technet forums I posted. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-GB/exchangesvravailabilityandisasterrecovery/thread/fb88bed7-c024-4585-b58d-a8ef58176fc4 Suggested to check out the new threads instead. Basically there is an option in DPM to always choose the passive node in a CCR cluster. I've heard there is a problem though where a consistency check is required and it can transfer up to 90% of the data. Why is DPM doing a block level? Isnt it easier to just check the log files and the database files instead? I'm not an exper...

trouble closing Windows Mail
I have been having a problem closing Windows mail. When I click on the red X it gives me a message to search for a solution becuase it has stopped working and restart. Then it works until I restart my computer. What can I do to stop this from happening every time. Also, does this wil internet explorer. There are a couple of things you can try, but since IE is also affected, the common problem may exist outside of Windows Mail. Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. Make sure you have installed Vista's SP1 and SP2 update...

DPM to DPM untrusted
Hi There, I'm trying to find out if in DPM 2010 a DPM to DPM backup is supported across untrusted domains? From my reading it appears to not be supported but this is a pretty common/useful scenario for a number of companies. If this is supported can the one DPM server backup multiple DPM servers from multiple untrusted domains? Thanks One way to solve this is by establishing a two way trust between the DPM machines domains. But protecting two different servers without trust between the servers domains in not supported. We will consider this in future DPM releas...

unable to back up using only tape (without disk) with secondary DPM
I have setup a secondary DPM with only tape capabilities (no disk available). When I tried to create a new protection group on the secondary DPM, I unchecked the short term option (disk) and only select the long term option (tape), the "Next" button will get greyed out. Any ideas why is this happening? It happens to all except when I try to protect the Primary DPM or protect itself (secondary DPM). Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice C# .NET Windows Task Scheduler http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/9f75423c-4849-4866-ad48-8fbd2ed2ed88/c-...

Windows Mail
How can I undo a mail rule that I made in Windows Mail? Thank you. Tools | Message Rules | Mail. Uncheck or remove the rule. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "melizabeth" <elizabet98_98@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ud$V$ZsyKHA.5040@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How can I undo a mail rule that I made in Windows Mail? > > Thank you. Perfect - Worked like a charm... Thanks Bruce. "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:%23ODtjdsyKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >...

DPM Consistency Check
I have a 735 GB volume I'm using DPM 2010 on. If I throw it a do a consistency check......it been running for over 5 hours. I plan on protecting a larger file server with millions of files and over 4 TB of data. How long can I expect a consistency check to take? If a consistency check takes days...what happens to my backups? The time to complete a consistency check depends on the change rate for the data, the available network bandwidth, and the time that has passed since the previous successful synchronization job. Here is a good reference chart: http://technet.micro...

New Server for Dynamics 2010
We currently have Microsoft Dynamics 9.0 runnings on an SBS 2003 server and SQL 2000. We are going to buy a new server, which will be a member server to our SBS 2003 server. The new server will be running Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit. We want an 64-bit version of Microsot SQL and the recommended version is SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard 64-bit. Will Dynamics 2010 run on Microsoft Server 2008 R2 Workgroup 64-bit?? We only have 4 users and probably do less that 250 transaction per day. -- Gary Any information concerning specific configurations can be found on the Mic...

Using Scrolling Windows in Dexterity
I am beginning to develop a new user screen for Great Plains 8. Basically what I want to do is to popup a window when the user is in the Sale Transaction Entry screen. This window would have a scrolling window in which the user can input some products that I would then transfer back in the other screen. It seems that the scrolling window doesn't keep my items in memory, so I am not sure how to accomplish that.. should I store the items in a temporary table ? I would appreciate if someone can show me a similar example or show me an exhaustive document on scrolling windows. What I ha...