DPM 2010 - Tape Libary Sharing

Does the same instructions for Tape Library sharing for DPM 2007 apply to DPM
2010? Is there anything new in regards to this area of DPM 2010?

Yes the same instructions apply.

--
Pranay Prabhakar  [MSFT]
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights
"Henry" <Henry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does the same instructions for Tape Library sharing for DPM 2007 apply to
> DPM
> 2010? Is there anything new in regards to this area of DPM 2010?

0
Pranay
2/11/2010 6:49:38 AM
Henry,

In case you are planning to have library sharing with DPM 2010, can you drop
me a mail at pranaypr AT microsoft DOT com ?

--
Pranay Prabhakar  [MSFT]
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights
"Henry" <Henry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does the same instructions for Tape Library sharing for DPM 2007 apply to
> DPM
> 2010? Is there anything new in regards to this area of DPM 2010?

0
Pranay

Setting Right margin in Onenote 2010
Onenote 2010 is great but I haven't figured out how to set the right margin in a note. Here is a screenshot shpwing the problem. I would like to set the margin closer to the right side of the page. http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-4/1174390/Screenshot.jpg When I click on a text box, i can't seem to widen it. When I go to View|paper Size, I want to use Auto paper size so the note keeps growing in length. When I select this option, all the other boxes are grayed out. Any help appreciated. Bob On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:37:53 -0700 (PDT), Bob <ralvarez@spambob.ne...

List of Categories in Outlook 2010
Is there any way of getting a printable list of categories assigned in Microsoft Outlook 2010? e.g. to allow the list to be fine-tuned and or for colleagues to also have the same categories available TIA! I would do a print screen, personally. The following macro in Outlook should work to produce a list of categories in a Word document. Set a reference to the Microsoft Word object library in the vba editor (Tools > References). Although aimed at Word the principles shown at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm apply to Outlook also should you not know what to do with macro lis...

Shared Tasks
Okay, I'm a newbie so be gentle. I manage 50 employees and I want to better manage tasks I assign to my staff. Currently I assign a task to an employee and when I do I lose the ability to set a reminder to follow up on that task as I'm no longer the owner. Without proper follow up, tasks go undone. Anybody have a suggestion as to the best way to assign shared tasks and retain the ability to keep a reminder...or at least something equivalent? Running SBS 2003, exchange 2003. Client boxes are all 2000 or XP. Thank you much, JB ...

"shared mailbox" implementation
Pardon the ignorance, I'm new at this. It appears that, although a user can have multiple email addresses, they can only have one mailbox. We have a small customer group which needs to get mail sent to customer.service@ourcompany.com. I don't want to set up a distribution group because I don't want to two people to answer the same message. I would like to have a mailbox accessible by all 5 people. I could forward the mail to one rep, set up a rule that dumps it into a specific folder, and authorize othe other reps to see just that folder of his mailbox..... but that doesn't ...

Are ribbons created in Word 2010 backward compatible to Word 2007
I understand that creating tabs/ribbons in Word 2010 is much easier than in word 2007. Are they backward-compatible from Word 2010 to Word 2007? ...

What about DPM 2010 Rc
Anyone use 2010 RC in a production environment? I've put it on a VM to look at it, and it would be nice to use it in production. My Number 1 Reason To Upgrade >>> Can Disable Daily Tape Backups for Saturday and Sunday What's your reason(s) for upgrading? How is it working out for you? Yes. 6 protection groups, 10 servers, 20 vms on a 6 node hyper-v cluster with csv. Runs great. A few quirks here and there but overall great. A far cry from our last backup solution. I basically set it and forget it. Check it when I get in to the office in the morning. ...

DCM for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010
Does anyone know if a DCM pack is available for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010? If you are looking for System center configuration management pack for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010 they are available for DPM health monitoring. If you want DPM 2010 Management pack please mail me at praveend-at-microsoft-dot-com. The closest answer to DCM pack for DPM would be DPM's Best practice analyzer guidelines which can be downloadable from DPM sites. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "John H" <JohnH@di...

DPM Console crash
Hi there, In our DPM setup we have a created a filter to disable the weekend back-up. It was working fine till a couple of weeks a go. Now when we want to change the date in the filter the DPM console crashes. Does anyone has a solution for this problem? Witch errlog should we troubleshoot Regards, MihaiM Hi MihaiM, You can look at the error logs for UI at: DPM Install location \ temp. Paste the error logs excerpt about exception here or send the error logs to MUKULS [AT] MICROSOFT [DOT] COM -- Thanks and Regards Mukul This posting is provided "AS IS&...

Sharing a folder on the net
I'm using Office XP, and trying to share some of my employee's folders on an internet basis, so that we can track their appointments, etc. I went through the help features, and set up a test folder to use. I'm not getting any of the information that the help function says I should have including a 'Permissions' tab on folder properties. Nor do I see any ownership information for the folder. Since I'm planning on doing this on the net, I shouldn't need Exchange installed, should I? Can anyone point me in the right direction to set this up? Thanks! ed If you...

Outlook 2010 Beta access to internet
I just downloaded and installed Office 2010 Beta. Everything appears to work normally except that Outlook can't access the internet unless I turn off my firewall. I am using Windows live One Care. Can anyone explain and help? -- Thanks for your help Recreate the exception for Outlook to pass through your firewall. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "LesHurley&q...

Backing up CCR Passive node with DPM (block level)?
Hello Please check the link from the technet forums I posted. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-GB/exchangesvravailabilityandisasterrecovery/thread/fb88bed7-c024-4585-b58d-a8ef58176fc4 Suggested to check out the new threads instead. Basically there is an option in DPM to always choose the passive node in a CCR cluster. I've heard there is a problem though where a consistency check is required and it can transfer up to 90% of the data. Why is DPM doing a block level? Isnt it easier to just check the log files and the database files instead? I'm not an exper...

Identify sender from shared inbox
Hi We have a situation where someone had sent an email from a shared inbox. We ar e trying to identify who the sender was. Message Tracking is activated, but we cannot determine host or IP info from it. Or can we? Perhaps we are not l ooking in the right place. We are using an Exchange 2003 environment. Are th ere any third party utilities that would assist us in this matter? Thanks! View the message header. That should give you all the info you need. "dominic_66" <dominic_66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54E0A5F8-CF0A-41D2-989A-9E789327B8EC@micro...

DPM to DPM untrusted
Hi There, I'm trying to find out if in DPM 2010 a DPM to DPM backup is supported across untrusted domains? From my reading it appears to not be supported but this is a pretty common/useful scenario for a number of companies. If this is supported can the one DPM server backup multiple DPM servers from multiple untrusted domains? Thanks One way to solve this is by establishing a two way trust between the DPM machines domains. But protecting two different servers without trust between the servers domains in not supported. We will consider this in future DPM releas...

Can users be shared between different business units?
Hi All, I am having 2 business units. The users who work on CRM are same for both the BUs. My question is can users be shared among different BUs. This scenario is because we are handling business of two different firms. Thanks and Regards, Harshad Harshad, No you cannot. But, you can create a third business unit, place the users who should have access to both BU's there, and link your original two BU's to this new one (the new one is the parent). Then, those users in this new parent BU will have access to the data in both subordinate BU's.... HTH, Dave -------...

DPM Consistency Check
I have a 735 GB volume I'm using DPM 2010 on. If I throw it a do a consistency check......it been running for over 5 hours. I plan on protecting a larger file server with millions of files and over 4 TB of data. How long can I expect a consistency check to take? If a consistency check takes days...what happens to my backups? The time to complete a consistency check depends on the change rate for the data, the available network bandwidth, and the time that has passed since the previous successful synchronization job. Here is a good reference chart: http://technet.micro...

New Server for Dynamics 2010
We currently have Microsoft Dynamics 9.0 runnings on an SBS 2003 server and SQL 2000. We are going to buy a new server, which will be a member server to our SBS 2003 server. The new server will be running Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit. We want an 64-bit version of Microsot SQL and the recommended version is SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard 64-bit. Will Dynamics 2010 run on Microsoft Server 2008 R2 Workgroup 64-bit?? We only have 4 users and probably do less that 250 transaction per day. -- Gary Any information concerning specific configurations can be found on the Mic...

Sharing a distributionlist
I need to share some distributionlists that i have made with Outlook 2003. How do I send the lists to the recipients so that all they have to do to use the lists is to dobbleclick the appropriate list/attached file? Andreas Attach the DL as an Outlook Item to an RTF message. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Andreas S. Andersen" <AndreasSAndersen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CEE9C89-3A19-4938-86FC-1FB9BAEA6B00@microsoft.com... >I need to share some distributionlists that i have made with Outlook 2003. > > How do I send the lists to the recipie...

Clipart Sharing From NT Server
Hi, Hoping someone might be able to help out here. I want Publisher to get it's clip art from the gallery on the NT server on the network. And I don't want it to look for online clips. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks Em HOW TO: Configure Clip Gallery to Run from a Network Location in Clip Gallery 5.0 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=305507 CG: How to Share Images from a Central Location http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=307333 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Em" <Em@Em...

Outlook 2010 and MAPISVC.INF
Hi, I installed Outlook2010 Beta on a Win Vista Enterprise 32-bit system. Well, I am looking for the MAPISVC.INF file, but I can not find it. Where it is? Thanks Christian Why do you need it? I have it at C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook here. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE...

Excel 2010 fails to save or open from network drive
In Excel 2010 I receive the following error message whenever I try to open or save a file to a network drive: " Microsoft Excel cannot access the file "C:\Temp\Content.MSO\8A68000 *The file name or path does not exist *The file is being used by another program *The Workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently open workbook " I have full permissions to read/write/delete to the network drive as well as c:\temp\Content.mso This happens both on a windows XP sp3 and Windows 7 system. I do not have the save/open problem in Microsoft Word 2010...

Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 (KB982158) fails with 2010
I am running Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 on my laptop. For some reason my machine keeps trying and failing to install Security Update for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 (KB982158). The failure code reads: "WindowsUpdate_80070643" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" Due to this problem, my work security policy will force me off the network while working remotely. How can I fix this problem? Especially since I am running 2010 and not 2007, which is what the KB was written for. See the "How to obtain help" section of, e.g., http://support.microsoft.c...

windows 2008 system state error on primary dpm server
I have two dpm servers, one primary and one secondary. Secondary backs up the primary. Primary server is disk only, Secondary is tape only. Both are windows 2008 x86 running the latest dpm fix pack. When the 2ndary backs up the primary DPM server system state it fails with an error. I also cannot perform a system state of the primary DPM server from the windows backup on the server either. Both have just been rebuilt, all partitions wiped, recreated. Below are the two errors....Any thoughts? Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-Backup Date: ...

DPM to DPM replication issues
Have a DPM 2007 sp1 server [with hotfix for HyperV] replicating to a 2nd (offsite) DPM 2007 sp1 server. I am trying to backup full VHD's (agent running on 2008 server that is running hypervisor). These vhd files are all larger than 50 gb and one is 600gb. we have a 5-10mb upload - and plenty of bandwidth at our colo. main issue is our file server backup, it is about 650 gb of total vhd files that i was able to get consistent once but after a failed backup it is inconsistent again. have tried a few times to run consistency checks but after a few 100 hours they get intur...

DPM 2010 End-User Recovery UI
Hey All, In my test environment I'm trying to configure the following: DPM 2010 RC server is in domain A My client workstation (windows 7) is in domain B The client backup works fine, I can recover on the DPM server, I can recover on the client through Previous versions without any problems However, in the Client DPM UI, when I go to Recover, I get the following error: "DPM found no recovery points which you are authorized to restore on the specified DPM server. You can restore only those recover points for which you were an administrator at the time ...."...

Shared files losing data! Help!
I have several excel 2000 files (they were originally created in excel 97) which are shared, by several users (5-8) and they all have permission to change the cells. The track changes is setup to keep history for 365 days. These files have been working fine since 2001. In the last few months, the users have reported missing data sporadically, and recently is occuring more often and now they are reporting that some times when they hit the save button, they see a worksheet disappeared. FACT 1: I have discovered that the users have never "accepted or rejected Changes" since t...