DPM 2010 System state backup error

Hi there

We are protecting 3 blades running Widows 2008, all backup operations are
going as planned, save for the system state on all blades, I have checked the
event logs on the blades and found that VSS was not running on 2 of the
blades so I started this service but I still get the same error reported when
I try the job again.

I have also made sure that windows server backup is installed on all 3
blades but I still get the same error, we have plenty of space on the
protected machines for saving the system state backup. ERROR details below,

Affected area:	Computer\System Protection
Occurred since:	23/06/2010 15:15:17
EDUSENBLADE2.sen.glasgow.sch.uk is inconsistent with the protected data
source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica
is synchronized with consistency check. You can recover data from existing
recovery points, but new recovery points cannot be created until the replica
is consistent.

DPM cannot create a backup because Windows Server Backup (WSB) on the
protected computer encountered an error (WSB Event ID: 546, WSB Error Code:
0x80780138). (ID 30229 Details: Internal error code: 0x809909FB)

 Please Help I need to know, this DPM would drive you insane

Hi Dempsico,

When backing up Windows 2008 Servers System State you need to install
Windows Server Backup. This can be done from Server Manager\Features. Click
Add Features and then select Windows Backup Features.

Try running the backup again. It should work for you now.

"dempsico" wrote:

> Hi there
>
> We are protecting 3 blades running Widows 2008, all backup operations are
> going as planned, save for the system state on all blades, I have checked the
> event logs on the blades and found that VSS was not running on 2 of the
> blades so I started this service but I still get the same error reported when
> I try the job again.
>
> I have also made sure that windows server backup is installed on all 3
> blades but I still get the same error, we have plenty of space on the
> protected machines for saving the system state backup. ERROR details below,
>

> Affected area:	Computer\System Protection
> Occurred since:	23/06/2010 15:15:17
> EDUSENBLADE2.sen.glasgow.sch.uk is inconsistent with the protected data
> source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica
> is synchronized with consistency check. You can recover data from existing
> recovery points, but new recovery points cannot be created until the replica
> is consistent.
>

> DPM cannot create a backup because Windows Server Backup (WSB) on the
> protected computer encountered an error (WSB Event ID: 546, WSB Error Code:
> 0x80780138). (ID 30229 Details: Internal error code: 0x809909FB)
>
>  Please Help I need to know, this DPM would drive you insane

Mailbox doesn't delete out of System Manager
I recently deleted a mailbox through System Manager, I refreshed the list of mailboxes and there was the mailbox I thought I just deleted. Why does the mailbox remain in the list? What do you mean you deleted a mailbox through System Manager? You can't delete "mailboxes" in System Manager. Do you mean that you deleted a user and marked their mailbox for deletion? Have you tried running the Cleanup agent against the store where the mailbox shows up? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS F...

Setting Right margin in Onenote 2010
Onenote 2010 is great but I haven't figured out how to set the right margin in a note. Here is a screenshot shpwing the problem. I would like to set the margin closer to the right side of the page. http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-4/1174390/Screenshot.jpg When I click on a text box, i can't seem to widen it. When I go to View|paper Size, I want to use Auto paper size so the note keeps growing in length. When I select this option, all the other boxes are grayed out. Any help appreciated. Bob On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:37:53 -0700 (PDT), Bob <ralvarez@spambob.ne...

Outlook.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows
Hello, I have a problem on a W2k pro machine sp4 with Outlook 2000 sp 3 installed that matches the symptoms of this KB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297010 SYMPTOMS After you are logged in to Outlook 2000 for a short period of time, the following error message may appear: OUTLOOK.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. Its a corporate workgroup setting with an exchange 2000 server. I have followed the instructions and recreated the profile, I have tried the /safe command, a...

I would NOT install the Desktop Search or Risk Destroying Your Operating System
Hi: After rebuilding Windoze XP Pro SP2 for the umpteenth time, and successfully intalling Office 2007, I was prompted to install the Desktop Search Engine when I opened Outlook (aka LookOut) for the first time. The system started indexing my two large harddrives and I could not use my computer. I was basically locked out and even the task manager was inoperable. The desktop search caused an error with lsass.exe that resulted in my system shutting down. On rebooting, the system entered an endless loop of BSOD and restarting when trying to read the device drivers. I suspect that th...

full system backup
I have a SBS server that I am using backup exec to backup the entire system every day. What part(s) of the exchange store or logs should I be excluding from the data backup? the below note is in the backup exec help section: Note As a general practice, it is recommended that you exclude transaction log directories from the file system backup. As you know the mail stores are in the same directory as the transaction logs so does this mean I should really exclude the entire directory, or just the transaction logs? On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 10:31:13 -0600, "SBS user" &l...

List of Categories in Outlook 2010
Is there any way of getting a printable list of categories assigned in Microsoft Outlook 2010? e.g. to allow the list to be fine-tuned and or for colleagues to also have the same categories available TIA! I would do a print screen, personally. The following macro in Outlook should work to produce a list of categories in a Word document. Set a reference to the Microsoft Word object library in the vba editor (Tools > References). Although aimed at Word the principles shown at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm apply to Outlook also should you not know what to do with macro lis...

Need help to reinstall MS Ultimate Office Disc after System Restor
My laptop had to be reset to factory settings after a major crash. Since I had already installed the Microsoft Ultimate bundle onto my desktop, then my laptop, then had to reinstall on my desktop, I'm wondering if the reason the laptop CD drive now doesn't even recognize the disc is because of licensing restrictions. Is this possible? Other discs are "seen" by the drive and able to be launched, so why not the Microsoft Office disc? How do I resinstall the Office bundle onto my laptop? I run Vista Home Premium. So even if you explore the disk in explorer you a...

tax city/ state
I am trying to set up RMS to tax customers properly both in the store and for orders taken over the phone and shipped out. I currently have my system set up to charge 6.75% tax to all in store and phone orders in my state (state tax - 5% and city tax 1.75%) Is there a way i can set up 4 steps/tiers to tax by? 1. in store sales 6.75% 2. phone order sales within city 6.75% 3. phone order sales within state but out of city 5% 4. phone order sales out of state 0% tax free I already have my system set up so it will tax anyone with a instate shipping address but can break it out between #2 a...

Importing error. Unable to resolve.
I am trying to import an excel spreadsheet into access, even though the dates data have been formatted as dates, the import process is still giving me "Type Conversion Failure" errors. How do I fix this. I keep going back and fort between excel and access without any resolution. I need help. I am getting beat down here. Thanks What do the dates look like in Excel? Post a few of them especially those that you know are problems. You might want to consider either importing the data into a text field OR linking to the Excel spreadsheet. Then you can run a query on the data using ...

Not enough system resources to display completely.
I get this error message every time I view a particular worksheet in my spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is quite large (35 MB), so I realize that I must be hitting a system resource limit. The question is which one? And can I correct it? I have 1.5GB of ram in a Dell Latitude D600 laptop with a 2.00 Ghz processor. I have 3.72GB of free disk space. Could this be fixed with a larger swapfile? Please help; I can beef up my system if it solves the problem. Hi Randys, See the following post by Gord Dibben: http://tinyurl.com/8ddmr --- Regards, Norman "randys" <randys@...

Automation error (apparently) using CreateObject on Outlook
Please help, All of a sudden I'm getting a problem with associated with opening Outlook from my Access application (And also using the "View in Outlook" button in Google Desktop Search). When it encounters the command: Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.application") It gives the following error: Run-time error '-2147024770 (8007007e)': Automation error The specified module could not be found. With Google desktop search I used to be able to search for emails and then press "View in Outlook" and the email would open but now, although it will ...

Are ribbons created in Word 2010 backward compatible to Word 2007
I understand that creating tabs/ribbons in Word 2010 is much easier than in word 2007. Are they backward-compatible from Word 2010 to Word 2007? ...

What about DPM 2010 Rc
Anyone use 2010 RC in a production environment? I've put it on a VM to look at it, and it would be nice to use it in production. My Number 1 Reason To Upgrade >>> Can Disable Daily Tape Backups for Saturday and Sunday What's your reason(s) for upgrading? How is it working out for you? Yes. 6 protection groups, 10 servers, 20 vms on a 6 node hyper-v cluster with csv. Runs great. A few quirks here and there but overall great. A far cry from our last backup solution. I basically set it and forget it. Check it when I get in to the office in the morning. ...

argh email backup recovery
ok so I have standard NTbackups of my sbs 2003 installation. I have email for my 3 users stored in the backups no problem and have been able to extract the emails (I had to do a fresh install of everything except the emails for unrelated reasons). So in my \sbs\first storage group\mailbox store are the 3 new email boxes and people are able to access them fine. I also have the 3 old mailbox stores that I have restored to the server as well. I've tried to merge old emails via exmerge or recovery storage etc but it keeps complaining that the active directory doesn't match. Can anyon...

Money 2005 Deluxe account balance error/hidden transactions
To all, As others who have posted before me, I have discovered an error in the home page balance of my AMEX account and the register balance. The transaction report showed 4 hidden transactions in 2006 (I haven't archived '06 yet), all which were originally scheduled bill payments, but did not allow me to edit/void them (amounts "grayed out.") I ran multiple salvage/repair file actions, and the hidden transactions have in fact disappeared. BUT, my home page balance and the register balance still show the discrepancy. This same discrepancy shows when I adjust my view in t...

DCM for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010
Does anyone know if a DCM pack is available for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010? If you are looking for System center configuration management pack for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010 they are available for DPM health monitoring. If you want DPM 2010 Management pack please mail me at praveend-at-microsoft-dot-com. The closest answer to DCM pack for DPM would be DPM's Best practice analyzer guidelines which can be downloadable from DPM sites. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "John H" <JohnH@di...

Error:"Not enough memory is available......" when memory is not sh
I am using MSM2001 Standard OEM version on Windows-XP. Being new, I had made some mistakes in configuring the Bill setups initially. When I do Cash Flow analysis, some items crop up as "Trended", which seems to be reflecting the entries earlier made by mistake in bill setup. When I try to edit the trended item, I get the message "Not enough memory is available. If you have several applications open at the same time, you might need to close one of them before starting money." I had 512MB of memory. Since getting this error, I have now upgraded memory to 1.25GB. The er...

Public Folder Online Backup
A healthcheck performed on my Exchange server 2003 had the comment Database Public Folder Store (Exch001)' on server Exch001 has never had a full online backup' How is this backup setup? Does this mean that an online backup is performed on the Information Stores but not on the Public Folders? Thanks. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO is your public store in a different SG than your mailbox stores? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "JoeCL" <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37DE8AE8-F7AC-4888-A3D7-223971690DE1@microsoft.com... >A healthcheck performed on my Exchan...

remove "Protected Storage System Provider" do not help #3
After updating from Outlook2000 to Outlook XP(2002) OutlookXP keeps asking for passwords for every account :-((( I use XPpro. I have tryed the trix "remove Protected Storage System Provider" in the registery (done by the letter as described in two Q-articles) but it do not help or change anything :-((( Please help -- erik Denmark ...

DPM Console crash
Hi there, In our DPM setup we have a created a filter to disable the weekend back-up. It was working fine till a couple of weeks a go. Now when we want to change the date in the filter the DPM console crashes. Does anyone has a solution for this problem? Witch errlog should we troubleshoot Regards, MihaiM Hi MihaiM, You can look at the error logs for UI at: DPM Install location \ temp. Paste the error logs excerpt about exception here or send the error logs to MUKULS [AT] MICROSOFT [DOT] COM -- Thanks and Regards Mukul This posting is provided "AS IS&...

Outlook 2010 Beta access to internet
I just downloaded and installed Office 2010 Beta. Everything appears to work normally except that Outlook can't access the internet unless I turn off my firewall. I am using Windows live One Care. Can anyone explain and help? -- Thanks for your help Recreate the exception for Outlook to pass through your firewall. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "LesHurley&q...

outlook.exe runtime error!
Hello! When I try to start outlook it opens the main window and pops up a dialog box Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program ...OUTLOOK.EXE abnormal program termination. When I OK, the dialog as well as outlook closes. What shall I do now? :( >-----Original Message----- >Hello! >When I try to start outlook it opens the main window and >pops up a dialog box >Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library >Runtime Error! >Program ...OUTLOOK.EXE >abnormal program termination. >When I OK, the dialog as well as outlook closes. >What shall I do now? :( &...

STMP error
Hi, I set up a bt wireless network, I use BT email but my partner uses dircon. I am trying to get the dircon email to go through outlook xp on our notebook. I had this set up a couple of years ago but recently formatted and reinstalled the software on the notebook but can't remember how I did it. It's receiving email but will not send. I've tried setting up the STMP address as BT's and Dircon's but neither work. Any suggestions? Cheers, Alex ...

error
I keep trying to uninstall publisher xp from my computer and i keep getting the error 1324 invalid character in program file. I removed the folder and now when i look in the add/ remove program publisher is still listed. I cannot repair the program or install a fresh copy. please help as soon as you can.. jechon@hotmail.com OFFXP: Windows Installer Error 1324 When You Run Setup http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292582 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "sean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Backing up CCR Passive node with DPM (block level)?
Hello Please check the link from the technet forums I posted. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-GB/exchangesvravailabilityandisasterrecovery/thread/fb88bed7-c024-4585-b58d-a8ef58176fc4 Suggested to check out the new threads instead. Basically there is an option in DPM to always choose the passive node in a CCR cluster. I've heard there is a problem though where a consistency check is required and it can transfer up to 90% of the data. Why is DPM doing a block level? Isnt it easier to just check the log files and the database files instead? I'm not an exper...