DPM 2010 Setup error

During Installation of DPM setup I get the following error:

DPMSetup has stopped working

Problem details:
Problem Signature
Problem Event name: DPMException
Problem Signature 01: DPMSetup
Problem Signature 02: 3.0.7336.0
Problem Signature 03: SetupDpm.exe
Problem Signature 04: 3.0.7336.0
Problem Signature 05: System.UnauthorizedAccessException
Problem Signature 06:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal
Problem Signature 07: CC0B98E5
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.272.7
Local ID: 1030

This problem occurs approx 10 seconds afther the DPM setup starts. SQL is
installing fine.

What's the problem here? And how can I avoid it?

Best regrds

Laurits Kofoed

I found the problem. The SQL server didn't startup.

I had to change the SQL svc account, and then install DPM on to a
"remote/existing" SQL server. That solved it.

/Laurits

"Hillako" wrote:

> During Installation of DPM setup I get the following error:
>
> DPMSetup has stopped working
>
> Problem details:
> Problem Signature
> Problem Event name: DPMException
> Problem Signature 01: DPMSetup
> Problem Signature 02: 3.0.7336.0
> Problem Signature 03: SetupDpm.exe
> Problem Signature 04: 3.0.7336.0
> Problem Signature 05: System.UnauthorizedAccessException
> Problem Signature 06:
> System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal
> Problem Signature 07: CC0B98E5
> OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.272.7
> Local ID: 1030
>
> This problem occurs approx 10 seconds afther the DPM setup starts. SQL is
> installing fine.
>
> What's the problem here? And how can I avoid it?
>
> Best regrds
>
> Laurits Kofoed

Sample database error starting website
Hello, We are trying to install CRM with the sample databases. When we try to open the localhost in order to add the 5 users we get an error. The errNum is 0x80040E40. Anyone some help? When we try to add an user through the Deployment manager we get an "You don't have sufficient security privileges..." "See your system administrator" Well I am the SysAdmin. I fact I'm logged in as Administrator. Trying to use a different user with all the admin privileges gives an error starting the deployment manager in the first place.. Regards, Arno Is there any info in ...

synchronization error with outlook
When I sync with my ipaq, I get the following message: "synchronization cannot be completed because microsoft outlook cannot open the contact foler. Close outlook and then start outlook again. Once outlook is running, disconnect your mobile device and reconnect." ...

Run-time Error 380 Invalid Property Value
Run-time Error 380 Invalid Property Value anybody know anything about it? MS knowledge base is down, as usual. I get that sometimes with a few procedures in the Manager application, I have since just learned to deal with then until the next release and hopefully they get fixed. "Dennis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1eac01c47c8b$13dc4e80$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Run-time Error 380 Invalid Property Value anybody know > anything about it? MS knowledge base is down, as usual. That seems vaguely familiar - were you working with a Lot Matrix i...

Licensing for MS Office 2010 (beta)
I have been using this program. However I have had some issues with Silverlight and it is morphing to new problems. Having deleted a dll (a whole seperate story), I reinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade, it didn't fix Silverlight and now I cannot use Office as it says it has a problem with licensing. Reinstalling it doesn't solve the problem. So now I think I shall do a clean install of my computer and need to know how I will be able to safely install the beta version so that it will work. Perhaps the clean install will do it. Is their a site where one can still...

Errors with Permissions/Sending Messages
I must be doing something wrong, because everyone I've shown this server to says they have never seen this many problems with Exchange on an out-of-the-box installation. It never occured to me that extreme sensitivity of this application would be the biggest problem I am having with it... I can right click on a message in my Public Folder contact lists, click on "New Message to Contact" and it will create an e-mail to the person. Sounds good right? This process works for every single folder *EXCEPT* one. When I try to send a message to any contact in that folder (and i...

Snap In Failed
We entered our license key and added the license to user. While inside the CRM after adding licenses we were logged off and when we retry it comes up "User Access Error", we rebooted the server and it still won't let us on. When we try going into the deployment manager, we have lost functionality. Is the MSCRM Security Service started? If not, try manually starting it in Administrative Tools | Services. -- Bullitt Fitzhugh Integrated Business Systems www.ib-systems.com "NSMeritel" wrote: > We entered our license key and added the license to user. While...

Memory error when you open excel files from network
Hi please help me... Anyone!! I have a shared folder containg lots of excel spreadsheets. The machiune that shares this folder has a problem opening the files. However, mt machine and a few other can open them fine. The error message is 'Microsoft excel cannot open any more documents because the is not enough memory or disk scace'. I know the HDD space and memory isnt an issue because there is loads spare. The error normally appears after you open about 6 spreadsheets after you map the drive. If you disconnect the network drive and re-connect it, it will then open another 6...

error enumerating data servers
Why do I get the subject error message, when I am trying to select the SQL Express server from, File > connections > 1. select or enter a server name. I am trying to connect a Access project file to the SQL Express . It neither shows any of the File DSNs created previously. Sajit -- Sajit Abu Dhabi ...

SFO 1.2 Client
Hi, I've installed SFO on two machines as per the instructions and all seemed to go well until I tried to get them to "Go Offline". In each case I accepted the default settings in the offline options screen and pressed OK. A download status box came up with the word "Initializing" then nothing happens for a few minutes and eventually I get an error message saying "you do not have sufficient permissions or access rights to perform this action". Everything seems to work fine when I'm online though. Client machines are Win XP/Outlook 2003 and Win 2K/O...

Outlook error message, .pst
I have a user who when trying to delete or move messages within his .pst folder an error appears 'Message interface has returned an unknown error message'. He can view them, however cannot move or delete them. How big is the .PST file? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:18eb01c3b90d$35f6b560$3101280a@phx.gbl, John Parrish wrote: > I have a user who when trying to delete or move messages > within his .pst folder an error appears &#...

trapping errors from commands entered interactively
If I enter a command that does not exist, here's what happens PS C:> xyzzy The term 'xyzzy' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. At line:1 char:6 + xyzzy <<<< + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (xyzzy:String) [], CommandNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException Is there a way to trap this to be able to execute some custom P...

New SBS2008 domain Outlook won't setup on last two devices: suspect firewall
New site almost finished. Office is a bunch of PhD engiineer types that have to fiddle with stuff. Also they all know MS stuff sucks. Last two workstations (Vista and XP) joined to domain fine. Open Outlook 2007 and it stalls and never sets up profile, error must be connected to server to work! Network fully visible. I believe owner has 'tinkered' with sbs2008 firewall during this time. Need pointer on when next to go. Could firewall change stop the setup? TIA Did you create users with wizards did you connect the PC's with http://connnect is the DHCP server th...

Error in Lead to Account Mappings
I want to map certain attributes of Leads to accounts. I open the Relationship section in the Lead Customization form Select the Lead - Account mapping Select Mappings I get a Query Builder Error No Attrubute Ia it because i deleted an attribute from lead which was mapped with an account attribute? Let me know the cause and the solution. Thanks Hi A.B, It is likely to be a missing attribute related to your relationship. If you have no data in the system related to these relationships I would suggest you remove the relationship and create it again. -- Best Regards ---------------- ...

Bank Transaction Entry window
On entering a bank transaction in the BTE window with Analytical Accounting also installed four errors occur; 1. An error occured executing sql statements 2. GPS Error: 18 3. SQL Error: 512 4. ODBC Error: 21000 Anyone know of a fix? The document can be posted and AA info for the journal looks correct. Regards, Gerard ...

error message #93
You don’t have permission to create an entry in this folder, right click the folder and they click properties to check your permission for the folder. See the folder owner or your administrator to change your permissions. can some one please helped. they have all require permission for the folder ...

Money99: Online stock quotes
Hi, when I attempt to download stock quotes for CITIGROUP (Frankfurt stock exchg, DE:TRV) I get this error-message: "Money was unable to obtain quote for DE:TRV. A read/write error occured on your Money file. Quit Money and try again" Retrieving stock-quotes for Citigroup (TRV) works fine until 06/13/2003. Since Monday, 06/16/03 I get this error while Money downloads stock-quotes online. Trying the repair option does not help Getting quotes for Citigroup in a new money file works fine Any ideas how to troubleshoot? Thanks in advance Bodo Can you remove that exchange from your...

resource error
I'm having a lot of trouble with a dialog box I have created. It contains a CCheckListBox - I subclass it from a listbox control. I have manually edited the resource.h file and given unique resource ids for the dialog and the controls it contains. The application compiles and links fine but the problem occurs when it tries to draw the CCheckListBox. It always breaks at this line in winctrl3.cpp : VERIFY(bitmap.LoadBitmap(AFX_IDB_CHECKLISTBOX_95)); For some reason it can't create this bitmap. I don't know why. Here's the full function from the MFC source code: _AFX_CHEC...

Destroying a Window
I have created a dialog from within a dialog - its like an application which requires a login first. So i ave to create a login dialog first and then destroy that dialog after i get the user name and passwd. So how do i go about destroying the dialog on clicking the 'OnClickLoginButton'? I used CDialog::DestroyWindow() but it gave me an assert error? Any idea? Rahul rahulthathoo wrote: > I have created a dialog from within a dialog - its like an application > which requires a login first. So i ave to create a login dialog first > and then destroy that dialog after i get th...

can't open hypertext in outlook 2010
can't open hypertext in outlook 2010!! I tried all the slution online but with can't fix it. You mean clicking on hyperlinks? What happens when you try? Which browser is you default and which version of Windows are you using? Tried the following solutions already? http://www.msoutlook.info/question/242 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "alimb" <alimb@...

6/8/2010 Microsoft Office Security Updates failing to install.
All 6 fail to install. Both of the necessary Service Packs are installed on my system. Now what? Just delete them? Kirk MI wrote: > All 6 fail to install. > > Both of the necessary Service Packs are installed on my system. > > Now what? Just delete them? Lack of given information... "Both of the necessary Service Packs" <-- what necessary service packs for what prodcut. I know your subject says "Microsoft Office", but... yeah - there is not just one version of Microsoft Office and you might not even be speaking of Microsoft O...

Confused About OPP 2010 Configuration
We are a small company with just a handful of people working remotely from a home office with a server. Hopefully, we will grow into a larger company with more users, but for now I'd like to get clear on what we need. The basic communication features of Office 2010 will work for us. We want OPP because of the inclusion of SharePoint Workspace 2010 & Communicator. What I'm confused about are the various server/Enterprise products and which or any of them we might need. I've read the info under Enterprise & Small/Mid businesses, but I'm still confused. I...

Error Statement Downloads
Am running Money 2002 Standard. When I attempt to download statements from Bank of America I get the following error message: "IE cannot download on line statement control from onlinewest.bankof america.com. File could not be written to cache." Program was working just fine until I had to reinstall Money. Any ideas of how to correct this? ...

Different error bar values within a data series?
I am trying to put error bars into my graph but need the values to be different. However, if I change one point it changes all of the points? Hi, Create two columns, one for '+' errors and the other for '-' errors. Rightclick on any data-point on your graph, "Format Data Series" --> select the appropriate "Error Bars" Tab --> under Error Amount check "Custom" and enter the ranges for the '+' and '-' values --> "OK" Regards, B. R. Ramachandran "Izzy" wrote: > I am trying to put error bars ...

Schema Valdiation error
I try to validate a complex schema using XSD and I get a series of errors of the following format: Validation Error:'http://xml.msdw.com/ns/mdco/data/1.0:tradeSymbol' cannot be a member of substitution group with head element 'http://xml.msdw.com/ns/mdco/xml/2.0:abstractIdentifier'. An error occurred at file:///c:/mdco_data_1.0.xsd, (48, 3). Severity:Error This schema was generated with XML Spy and no validation error were generater there. How shall I interpret this error - a violation of the XML Schema spec or a problem with the XSD.EXE? I am currently running on version 1....

disk network error
Since converting to Access 2003, the users are getting a disk or network error which forces them to close down the database and get back on again. There was NEVER this error when they were on Access 97. When I approach the network people they say that it can't be them since 97 was fine. Are there any settings that I could do? I have tried deleting the links and re-adding them. It was also suggested somewhere that the caching be turned off which made it worse and corrupted the database so bad that it had to be restored from tape. Please help!! The users are starting to get mean. ...