DPM 2010 RC Database location

I have a fresh install of DPM 2010 RC up and running and it seems to be
working OK, but I keep getting an alert telling me that the DPMDB size is
exceeding the threshold.  It tells me the location of the DB is C:\Program
Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\DPMDB, but the database is located in a completely
different location.  I am using a seperate SQL 2008 server for DPM and the
database is not located on drive C, and it is set to auto grow, any ideas?

Thanks a lot for bringing this into our notice. We are tracking this as a
bug in our database.

"jjakober" <jjakober@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a fresh install of DPM 2010 RC up and running and it seems to be
> working OK, but I keep getting an alert telling me that the DPMDB size is
> exceeding the threshold.  It tells me the location of the DB is C:\Program
> Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\DPMDB, but the database is located in a completely
> different location.  I am using a seperate SQL 2008 server for DPM and the
> database is not located on drive C, and it is set to auto grow, any ideas?

0
Praveen
3/12/2010 10:36:32 AM
    Thanks for bringing this into our notice. We are tracking this as a bug
in our product database.

Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]

"jjakober" <jjakober@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a fresh install of DPM 2010 RC up and running and it seems to be
> working OK, but I keep getting an alert telling me that the DPMDB size is
> exceeding the threshold.  It tells me the location of the DB is C:\Program
> Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\DPMDB, but the database is located in a completely
> different location.  I am using a seperate SQL 2008 server for DPM and the
> database is not located on drive C, and it is set to auto grow, any ideas?

0
Praveen

Setting Right margin in Onenote 2010
Onenote 2010 is great but I haven't figured out how to set the right margin in a note. Here is a screenshot shpwing the problem. I would like to set the margin closer to the right side of the page. http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-4/1174390/Screenshot.jpg When I click on a text box, i can't seem to widen it. When I go to View|paper Size, I want to use Auto paper size so the note keeps growing in length. When I select this option, all the other boxes are grayed out. Any help appreciated. Bob On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:37:53 -0700 (PDT), Bob <ralvarez@spambob.ne...

List of Categories in Outlook 2010
Is there any way of getting a printable list of categories assigned in Microsoft Outlook 2010? e.g. to allow the list to be fine-tuned and or for colleagues to also have the same categories available TIA! I would do a print screen, personally. The following macro in Outlook should work to produce a list of categories in a Word document. Set a reference to the Microsoft Word object library in the vba editor (Tools > References). Although aimed at Word the principles shown at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm apply to Outlook also should you not know what to do with macro lis...

Database disappeared when i accidentally exported it 2 split file
Hi,everyone.i have a big problem here.i accidentally exported my table to my split file and now when i try to open the table,it shows "the microsoft office access database cannot find the input table or query 'filename'.Make sure it exists and that it's name is spelled correctly." What is wrong with the thing?Did i delete the database accidentally?If so,how do i retrieve it back?Hope to hear from you guys soon.Have a nice day On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 22:23:08 -0800, boon <boon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi,everyone.i have a big problem here.i accidental...

Are ribbons created in Word 2010 backward compatible to Word 2007
I understand that creating tabs/ribbons in Word 2010 is much easier than in word 2007. Are they backward-compatible from Word 2010 to Word 2007? ...

What about DPM 2010 Rc
Anyone use 2010 RC in a production environment? I've put it on a VM to look at it, and it would be nice to use it in production. My Number 1 Reason To Upgrade >>> Can Disable Daily Tape Backups for Saturday and Sunday What's your reason(s) for upgrading? How is it working out for you? Yes. 6 protection groups, 10 servers, 20 vms on a 6 node hyper-v cluster with csv. Runs great. A few quirks here and there but overall great. A far cry from our last backup solution. I basically set it and forget it. Check it when I get in to the office in the morning. ...

Excel integration with databases
I am wondering about the integration between Excel and an Oracle database. What I am trying to do is develop a form that will pull data from an Oracle view, allow for users to update information, and then save the data into another table. Is this possible? If so, how? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. You can use ADO and SQL to do so. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=295646 How To Transfer Data from ADO Data Source to Excel with ADO http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=278973 SAMPLE: ExcelADO Demonstrates How to Use ADO to Read and Write Data in Excel Wo...

Link to external database
Hi there, is it possible to create a new database and link the tables with CRM database tables? And if so, is it still possible to create reports, with that external data, inside MS CRM? Thanks in advance. ...

Deleting demo data from database?
MS Small Business Server MS CRM 1.2 SQL 2000 I want to delet all demo data from my database and want to enter new data in the database. How can i do this? Awan There is no easy way to do this. You can try deleting records manually via the UI, but if you have a alot of data, this will take awhile. Another, though unsupported, approach would be to set the DeleteionStateCode field in every table to 2. This will allow the deletion service to remove the records. Or, you can try manually deleting from each of the tables (again, unsupported). Just be careful not to delete records from the CR...

DCM for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010
Does anyone know if a DCM pack is available for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010? If you are looking for System center configuration management pack for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010 they are available for DPM health monitoring. If you want DPM 2010 Management pack please mail me at praveend-at-microsoft-dot-com. The closest answer to DCM pack for DPM would be DPM's Best practice analyzer guidelines which can be downloadable from DPM sites. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "John H" <JohnH@di...

DPM Console crash
Hi there, In our DPM setup we have a created a filter to disable the weekend back-up. It was working fine till a couple of weeks a go. Now when we want to change the date in the filter the DPM console crashes. Does anyone has a solution for this problem? Witch errlog should we troubleshoot Regards, MihaiM Hi MihaiM, You can look at the error logs for UI at: DPM Install location \ temp. Paste the error logs excerpt about exception here or send the error logs to MUKULS [AT] MICROSOFT [DOT] COM -- Thanks and Regards Mukul This posting is provided "AS IS&...

Outlook 2010 Beta access to internet
I just downloaded and installed Office 2010 Beta. Everything appears to work normally except that Outlook can't access the internet unless I turn off my firewall. I am using Windows live One Care. Can anyone explain and help? -- Thanks for your help Recreate the exception for Outlook to pass through your firewall. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "LesHurley&q...

Problem with my .rc file??
Hi, I use a new picture control ID : IDC_DRAWINGWINDOW Type : Rectangle Color : White In the ressource view. When a run the program, the Rectangle is Black! How i can change that to white? In the ressource view, the Rectangle is white. In the .rc i have CONTROL "",IDC_DRAWINGWINDOW,"Static",SS_WHITERECT,139,28,162,190 The other reference i have in my program of this IDC is : in the *dlg.cpp void CTestDlg::DoDataExchange(CDataExchange* pDX) { CDialog::DoDataExchange(pDX); //{{AFX_DATA_MAP(CTestDlg) ----------> DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_DRAWINGWINDOW, m_DrawingWind...

How do I locate the send on the menu bar?
I am using Microsoft 2000, and the send, to expedite my email message does not show on the menu bar. Any suggestions on how I may locate it. "Newlearner" <Newlearner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A80EFCD9-3BCA-4BD2-AD47-A1699A9C2164@microsoft.com... >I am using Microsoft 2000, and the send, to expedite my email message does > not show on the menu bar. Any suggestions on how I may locate it. It's already in the File menu. For the Database toolbar: With any database window open, right-click on the toolbar, and choose Customize. Select File in th...

does anyone know how to connect RMS database and yahoo web-site?
I am trying to find out how we can connect RMS database and yahoo website. I really like to find out whether it is possible to connect to each other, and keep track of inventory at real time. in addition, if i want to make P.O. from web-site, can it be transferred to database from web-site to RMS d.b ?? thanx. I think HQ can do that for you. "andy" wrote: > I am trying to find out how we can connect RMS database and yahoo website. > > I really like to find out whether it is possible to connect to each other, > > and keep track of inventory at real time. &g...

Database Encryption
Hi Friends, SQL 2008 - TDE encryption I'm trying to apply TDE for one of my databases, all seems run fine, except that when I run SELECT db_name(database_id), encryption_state FROM sys.dm_database_encryption_keys with (nolock) after applying encryption to database, the state of encryption is 2 (Encryption in progress). is this expected ? or it should be 3 (Encrypted) ? Thanks in advance, Pat On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 13:13:05 -0700 (PDT), "Pat.Rick" <patrickalexander.email@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi Friends, >SQL 2008 - TDE encryption > >I'm ...

Outlook Send/Receive problems when separating imap.pst from default location
We are having a problem when using Outlook 2002 upgraded from 2000. Using IMAP as the only mail account the Send/Receive button no longer works (for some users - not all users). I know all about the default local folder (Outlook Today) Inbox issues having to be the default but this one is that it won't automatically check for message and the Send/Receive button doesn't work when splitting out the email.pst file (again this only affects some users). This happens when we separate out the email.pst file from the default Documents and Settings folder. We didn't want all the cached ...

Backing up CCR Passive node with DPM (block level)?
Hello Please check the link from the technet forums I posted. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-GB/exchangesvravailabilityandisasterrecovery/thread/fb88bed7-c024-4585-b58d-a8ef58176fc4 Suggested to check out the new threads instead. Basically there is an option in DPM to always choose the passive node in a CCR cluster. I've heard there is a problem though where a consistency check is required and it can transfer up to 90% of the data. Why is DPM doing a block level? Isnt it easier to just check the log files and the database files instead? I'm not an exper...

messages location
***please help*** due to unknown problem, my newly installed motherboard screwed up my windows XP boot. Where can I find messages from outlook (I have the new hard disk) so I could copy them and later import? Also, does anyone know how to make a hard disk bootable other than reformatting it in XP setup? super thanks! There is a specific procedure to follow if you have replaced a mobo, to prevent problems http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341 Not sure what/why yr trying to achieve with hd OL data installed in *pst files, a hidden file "pla" <anony...

Search string to search for wild terms in Access database
I have been desperately trying to figure this out and I'm stumped. So I'm turning to my fellow Google Groupers. I have a macro enriched Excel file that calls/edits information in a MS Access database. There are about 20 fields in the database. I'm using ADODB connection/recordset codings to get/edit my information. I know how to code a SEARCH string in order to find one field of information, but not multiple fields. For example, I manage a database of permits. A few of the fields in my database are permit number (permit_num), County (county), Applicant (app), and R...

DPM to DPM untrusted
Hi There, I'm trying to find out if in DPM 2010 a DPM to DPM backup is supported across untrusted domains? From my reading it appears to not be supported but this is a pretty common/useful scenario for a number of companies. If this is supported can the one DPM server backup multiple DPM servers from multiple untrusted domains? Thanks One way to solve this is by establishing a two way trust between the DPM machines domains. But protecting two different servers without trust between the servers domains in not supported. We will consider this in future DPM releas...

unable to back up using only tape (without disk) with secondary DPM
I have setup a secondary DPM with only tape capabilities (no disk available). When I tried to create a new protection group on the secondary DPM, I unchecked the short term option (disk) and only select the long term option (tape), the "Next" button will get greyed out. Any ideas why is this happening? It happens to all except when I try to protect the Primary DPM or protect itself (secondary DPM). Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice C# .NET Windows Task Scheduler http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/9f75423c-4849-4866-ad48-8fbd2ed2ed88/c-...

Find form (Entity) in CRM METABASE Database
Hi: I don't find the form dialog entity in Database. That is when display close opportunity action show a dialog. i need convert "IsCustomized" to 1, for me allow make changes. the name of the .aspx is "dlg_closeopp.aspx" and is not "OpportunityClose", this entity i did. i need the form dialog for make customizations. if somebody knows the name of the form dialog in the table Entity in Metabase database, please tell me. Thanks. ...

Query using database criterion
I have stored some data in sheet named "Data" in database format with following headers: Column Heading Type of data ===== ====== ======== A Supplier_Name Text B Machine_Model Text C Table_Length Numeric D Table_Width Numeric E Spindle_Diameter Numeric Some of the data under columns C, D & E are blank. Columns. A:D is named as "Data" The criterion for quering the database is setup as follows i...

DPM Consistency Check
I have a 735 GB volume I'm using DPM 2010 on. If I throw it a do a consistency check......it been running for over 5 hours. I plan on protecting a larger file server with millions of files and over 4 TB of data. How long can I expect a consistency check to take? If a consistency check takes days...what happens to my backups? The time to complete a consistency check depends on the change rate for the data, the available network bandwidth, and the time that has passed since the previous successful synchronization job. Here is a good reference chart: http://technet.micro...

New Server for Dynamics 2010
We currently have Microsoft Dynamics 9.0 runnings on an SBS 2003 server and SQL 2000. We are going to buy a new server, which will be a member server to our SBS 2003 server. The new server will be running Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit. We want an 64-bit version of Microsot SQL and the recommended version is SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard 64-bit. Will Dynamics 2010 run on Microsoft Server 2008 R2 Workgroup 64-bit?? We only have 4 users and probably do less that 250 transaction per day. -- Gary Any information concerning specific configurations can be found on the Mic...