DPM 2010 EVAL Error 917 when trying to access library

Hi,

we used DPM2007 for over a year successfully with a HP MSL 2024 Tape
Library. Now we changed to DPM2010. When we try to access the library through
DPM, the management shell always crashes with following error:

Connection to the DPM service has been lost.

Review the application event log for information about a possible service
shutdown. Verify that the following services are not disabled:
DPM
DPM Replication Agent
SQLAgent$MSDPM2010EVAL
MSSQL$MSDPM2010EVAL
Virtual Disk Service
Volume Shadow Copy

ID: 917

A Fast Inventory or Detailed Inventory are not possible. Also backing up on
Tape is not possible. Does anyone have a hint? Hotfix? Patch?

Yours faithfully

Lukas Korbel

This solution worked for us :

http://scug.be/blogs/scdpm/archive/2009/11/25/system-center-data-protection-manager-2007-tape-problems.aspx

"Lukas Korbel" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we used DPM2007 for over a year successfully with a HP MSL 2024 Tape
> Library. Now we changed to DPM2010. When we try to access the library through
> DPM, the management shell always crashes with following error:
>
> Connection to the DPM service has been lost.
>
> Review the application event log for information about a possible service
> shutdown. Verify that the following services are not disabled:
> DPM
> DPM Replication Agent
> SQLAgent$MSDPM2010EVAL
> MSSQL$MSDPM2010EVAL
> Virtual Disk Service
> Volume Shadow Copy
>
> ID: 917
>
> A Fast Inventory or Detailed Inventory are not possible. Also backing up on
> Tape is not possible. Does anyone have a hint? Hotfix? Patch?
>
> Yours faithfully
>
> Lukas Korbel

Setting Right margin in Onenote 2010
Onenote 2010 is great but I haven't figured out how to set the right margin in a note. Here is a screenshot shpwing the problem. I would like to set the margin closer to the right side of the page. http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-4/1174390/Screenshot.jpg When I click on a text box, i can't seem to widen it. When I go to View|paper Size, I want to use Auto paper size so the note keeps growing in length. When I select this option, all the other boxes are grayed out. Any help appreciated. Bob On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:37:53 -0700 (PDT), Bob <ralvarez@spambob.ne...

List of Categories in Outlook 2010
Is there any way of getting a printable list of categories assigned in Microsoft Outlook 2010? e.g. to allow the list to be fine-tuned and or for colleagues to also have the same categories available TIA! I would do a print screen, personally. The following macro in Outlook should work to produce a list of categories in a Word document. Set a reference to the Microsoft Word object library in the vba editor (Tools > References). Although aimed at Word the principles shown at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm apply to Outlook also should you not know what to do with macro lis...

Access totals, sum, average
is the software bad? Misconceived question. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "phil access" <phil access@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4DD877B-CD01-40E5-8FA2-1F13116C7D7E@microsoft.com... > is the software bad? ...

What about DPM 2010 Rc
Anyone use 2010 RC in a production environment? I've put it on a VM to look at it, and it would be nice to use it in production. My Number 1 Reason To Upgrade >>> Can Disable Daily Tape Backups for Saturday and Sunday What's your reason(s) for upgrading? How is it working out for you? Yes. 6 protection groups, 10 servers, 20 vms on a 6 node hyper-v cluster with csv. Runs great. A few quirks here and there but overall great. A far cry from our last backup solution. I basically set it and forget it. Check it when I get in to the office in the morning. ...

Are ribbons created in Word 2010 backward compatible to Word 2007
I understand that creating tabs/ribbons in Word 2010 is much easier than in word 2007. Are they backward-compatible from Word 2010 to Word 2007? ...

Automation error (apparently) using CreateObject on Outlook
Please help, All of a sudden I'm getting a problem with associated with opening Outlook from my Access application (And also using the "View in Outlook" button in Google Desktop Search). When it encounters the command: Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.application") It gives the following error: Run-time error '-2147024770 (8007007e)': Automation error The specified module could not be found. With Google desktop search I used to be able to search for emails and then press "View in Outlook" and the email would open but now, although it will ...

error while using case statement
Hi, I have to modify an existing query as below existing logic: and table.location in (select city from tablename1 where col=col) New logic: Now if the column table.loction' is null then I have to use the below logic select tablename1 CITY from tablename1 , tablename2 where =stn_id and tablename1 .id =tablename2.id if the column table.loction' is not null then i use the existing logic, i.e. and table.location in (select city from tablename1 where col=col) How can I incorporate this in my query. I planned to use a case statement, but I am getting errors in th...

Receiving Transaction Error
When trying to receive an item, I am getting the below error: Item's vendor record doesn't exist. The vendor record is in the pm00200 table and it shows on the PO. Hi TBrooks, I would guess the record is missing from IV00103, the Item Vendor Master. Set one up in Cards>Inventory>Vendor and you should be able to post the receipt. Kind regards, Leslie "TBrooks" wrote: > When trying to receive an item, I am getting the below error: > > Item's vendor record doesn't exist. > > The vendor record is in the pm00200 t...

Unknown Error Message #2
I noticed this evening that I hadn't received any emails since this afternoon, which was odd. When I tried to delete a message, I received the following message from Outlook. "The message interface has received an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I did restart Outlook but received the same messages. I checked my server on my office email and I see that there are messages sitting there which did not download to Outlook. The last thing I was doing before I realized there was a problem was that I was moving a folder with a few messages into a folder t...

send/receive error #4
I am getting the following error when I try to send email from my pc. I am using comcast cable and had been able to do so at first. I also installed Zone alarm firewall. Uninstalling this has not helped. Any thoughts? Task 'POP3.comcast.net - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'rror. I heard from a co-worker that Comcast was affected by the RPC exploit/Blaster/LovSan worm. Have you tried contacting them...

0x7c91b21a error
Hi, I found a solution for an error message on start up that states that memory could not be written at 0x7c91b21a 0x00000010. It appears the latest update for Windows Media Player is causing this problem if the Service, Windows Driver Foundation. is turned on. It needs to be disabled. I found this at Bleeping Computers and this solution worked for me. Cathy http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic261076.html ...

Exchange 2007 Outlook Web Access
Hi All, I have Exchange 2007 server. I asked clients to check email by using Outlook Web access. When I setup client’s property for logon to their own computer, they could not use OWA, the error message is “The user name or password that you entered is not valid. Try entering it again.” But when I changed client’s property to logon to all computers, it works, they could check email by using OWA. Is any body can help me to fix the problem? I have to setup clients just only use their own computer. Thanks a lot. This is probably because they are authenticating to the...

Money 2005 Deluxe account balance error/hidden transactions
To all, As others who have posted before me, I have discovered an error in the home page balance of my AMEX account and the register balance. The transaction report showed 4 hidden transactions in 2006 (I haven't archived '06 yet), all which were originally scheduled bill payments, but did not allow me to edit/void them (amounts "grayed out.") I ran multiple salvage/repair file actions, and the hidden transactions have in fact disappeared. BUT, my home page balance and the register balance still show the discrepancy. This same discrepancy shows when I adjust my view in t...

DCM for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010
Does anyone know if a DCM pack is available for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010? If you are looking for System center configuration management pack for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010 they are available for DPM health monitoring. If you want DPM 2010 Management pack please mail me at praveend-at-microsoft-dot-com. The closest answer to DCM pack for DPM would be DPM's Best practice analyzer guidelines which can be downloadable from DPM sites. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "John H" <JohnH@di...

Compiler error in VC 7.0
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C37B88.C0192D30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi=20 I get this error while migrating an ATL 6.0 project which used to = compile okay.=20 Does anyone know how I can fix an error reported in the vector file d:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vc7\include\vector(575): = error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'const = std::auto_ptr<_Ty>' to 'std::auto_ptr<_Ty>' The code in this file goes:=20 ...

Error 3704
Please advise if anyone has come across the error below and its resolution. Our Headquarters Client debug log reports the following. <<CStateMachine::ExecuteState>> Error 3704: Operation is not allowed when the object is closed. (Unhandled Error, state = '7'). An error was detected, connection will be aborted. Rachelle wrote: > Please advise if anyone has come across the error below and its > resolution. > > Our Headquarters Client debug log reports the following. > > <<CStateMachine::ExecuteState>> Error 3704: Operation is not allowed ...

Outlook / MAPI access
Hi NG, I know that this is the 1 million post where this question is asked, but nowhere I have found a solution for this... We try to synconize our software (telepnony management) with outlook. To do this we are using MAPI (or is there another way ?). Everytime we try to access Outlook it shows a message box that another application trys to access contacts or the calendar (sending of mails is done via smtp)... Is there any solution to do this without telling our custommers to uninstall the security features ? There are several other applications which access outlook without showing the d...

Can't access my Money file
Something happened over the weekend so that my MS Money app was terminated abruptly and the money file not properly closed. - Now when I try to sign on with my LiveID credentials I get a message stating the original file wasn't closed properly. - Then the app tries to connect with the Money server but then tells me I am using the wrong username/password. - I have rebooted the machine still with no success. - Perhaps the Money server is down. I am very troubled though that I can not access my own money file even if not connected to real-time updates Any ideas?? In microsoft.public.mo...

DPM Console crash
Hi there, In our DPM setup we have a created a filter to disable the weekend back-up. It was working fine till a couple of weeks a go. Now when we want to change the date in the filter the DPM console crashes. Does anyone has a solution for this problem? Witch errlog should we troubleshoot Regards, MihaiM Hi MihaiM, You can look at the error logs for UI at: DPM Install location \ temp. Paste the error logs excerpt about exception here or send the error logs to MUKULS [AT] MICROSOFT [DOT] COM -- Thanks and Regards Mukul This posting is provided "AS IS&...

error
I keep trying to uninstall publisher xp from my computer and i keep getting the error 1324 invalid character in program file. I removed the folder and now when i look in the add/ remove program publisher is still listed. I cannot repair the program or install a fresh copy. please help as soon as you can.. jechon@hotmail.com OFFXP: Windows Installer Error 1324 When You Run Setup http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292582 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "sean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

STMP error
Hi, I set up a bt wireless network, I use BT email but my partner uses dircon. I am trying to get the dircon email to go through outlook xp on our notebook. I had this set up a couple of years ago but recently formatted and reinstalled the software on the notebook but can't remember how I did it. It's receiving email but will not send. I've tried setting up the STMP address as BT's and Dircon's but neither work. Any suggestions? Cheers, Alex ...

Backing up CCR Passive node with DPM (block level)?
Hello Please check the link from the technet forums I posted. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-GB/exchangesvravailabilityandisasterrecovery/thread/fb88bed7-c024-4585-b58d-a8ef58176fc4 Suggested to check out the new threads instead. Basically there is an option in DPM to always choose the passive node in a CCR cluster. I've heard there is a problem though where a consistency check is required and it can transfer up to 90% of the data. Why is DPM doing a block level? Isnt it easier to just check the log files and the database files instead? I'm not an exper...

Strange c-array access
Hi everybody. You know that in order to access an array element we must type like the following: int array[10]; array[0] = 0; // access array[1] = 1; // access // and so on... But today i have tried to do smth stupid, and to my surprise, it works. Look at this code: // amazing accesses 0[array] = 2; // works as array[0] = 2 1[array] = 3; // works as array[1] = 3 // and so on.. Does it seems you strange ? Or, may be, it is a feature of C++ specification ? -- ====== Arman It is definitely very strange. But consistent with the C language definition. For example, Harbison & Steel, 4...

outlook.exe runtime error!
Hello! When I try to start outlook it opens the main window and pops up a dialog box Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program ...OUTLOOK.EXE abnormal program termination. When I OK, the dialog as well as outlook closes. What shall I do now? :( >-----Original Message----- >Hello! >When I try to start outlook it opens the main window and >pops up a dialog box >Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library >Runtime Error! >Program ...OUTLOOK.EXE >abnormal program termination. >When I OK, the dialog as well as outlook closes. >What shall I do now? :( &...

Outlook 2010 Beta access to internet
I just downloaded and installed Office 2010 Beta. Everything appears to work normally except that Outlook can't access the internet unless I turn off my firewall. I am using Windows live One Care. Can anyone explain and help? -- Thanks for your help Recreate the exception for Outlook to pass through your firewall. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "LesHurley&q...