DPM 2010 Beta Exchange Cluster Recovery

I am experiencing a problem in DPM 2010 Beta. I was attempting to verify that
I was able to recover an Exchange Database from DPM. From the recovery tab I
expand the Exchange cluster, and then expand the “All Protected Exchange
Data”. I have 5 databases that are being backed up, when I click on any one
of them DPM collapses all of the folders to only show the “Recoverable Data”
folder with a plus next to it. Making it seem as though there is no data
available to recover.

Thanks,
Bret

Hi Bret,
    Yes, DPM collapses all the folders if there are no recovery points for
that datasource. Can you check if there are any recovery points for that
datasource?
    You can find it(Total recovery points) in details pane of the datasource
in 'Protection' tab. If the total recovery points is greater than zero, then
get back to us.

--
Thanks,
Nagesh

"FUSE 3" <FUSE3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am experiencing a problem in DPM 2010 Beta. I was attempting to verify
> that
> I was able to recover an Exchange Database from DPM. From the recovery tab
> expand the Exchange cluster, and then expand the “All Protected Exchange
> Data”. I have 5 databases that are being backed up, when I click on any
> one
> of them DPM collapses all of the folders to only show the “Recoverable
> Data”
> folder with a plus next to it. Making it seem as though there is no data
> available to recover.
>
> Thanks,
> Bret

0
Nagesh

Record Exchange of Shares?
As part of a buy-out, stock I owned has been exchanged for shares in the surviving company, i.e. 100 shares of X Company were exchanged for 460 shares of Y company. What is the best way to record this in Money (2007)? Thanks for any help. In microsoft.public.money, Paul Hand wrote: >As part of a buy-out, stock I owned has been exchanged for shares in the >surviving company, i.e. 100 shares of X Company were exchanged for 460 >shares of Y company. What is the best way to record this in Money (2007)? While you might handle this by recording a merger (Portfolio->RecordASpe...

OS Compatability with Exchange 2003
When I install Exchange 2003 on Server 2003 Enterprise SP1, I get a compatibility issue warning. I get the same error when launching Exchange 2003 SP1. The error is below. I continue have successful set up exchange on the server. Nothing at the link sticks out at me, anyone know what this is about? Exchange Server 2003 has a known compatibility issue with this version of Windows. For more information, refer to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=37488. "John Hiebert" <john.hiebert@okstate.edu> wrote in news:OQk1vUDUFHA.3952@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl: > When I in...

Help... Exchange Virus?
OK, I need some help. I am running an W2KAS and E2k setup. I have been having issues with account with my ISP being locked down for 24hr periods because I am supposidly sending "spam mail". When we looked into the details the ISP said I have been generating 1,000+ emails/day which I know I am not. I do however get System Administrator replys in my Inbox stating email failures for emails that have been sent to outside as well as inside email accounts. I obviously did not send any of these emails. I am also running all the latest service packs for W2k and E2k, Norton (upda...

Upgrade from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2007 Schema fails
I am running Exchange 2000 (version 6.0 build 6249.4 sp3) on a windows 2000 sp4 server. The domain is windows 2003 native. Exchnage is in exchange 2000 native mode. have added new 64-bit windows 2003 r2 sp1 server to host exchange 2007. have tried running install to update schema. Keep getting following error: Entry DN: CN=ms-Exch-Mobile-Mailbox-Policy-Link,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=hksys,DC=com Add error on line 124: Unwilling To Perform The server side error is "Schema update failed: An attribute with the same link identifier already exists." An error has occurred in t...

outlook 2003 and exchange 5.5
I noticed that inbound email is not staying inbound, don't know if it is a problem with outlook 2003 or exchange 5.5. inbound messages are routed to our local ISP and sent back to exchange. does anyone know what this problem is? Thanks Ahastain Are you orohosp.com ? 100 orohosp.com.sunsetnet.mail1.psmtp.com. [TTL=900] IP=12.158.34.245 200 orohosp.com.sunsetnet.mail2.psmtp.com. [TTL=900] IP=12.158.34.245 300 orohosp.com.sunsetnet.mail3.psmtp.com. [TTL=900] IP=63.240.165.100 400 orohosp.com.sunsetnet.mail4.psmtp.com. [TTL=900] IP=63.240.165.100 500 inbound-mail.orohosp.com. [TTL=900...

exchange calendar update tool v2
Hi all, I unintall the tool v1 and try to install exchange calendar update tool v2. I just can not get it installed as it asks me to uninstall v1 which I removed it already. I reboot the machine and sstill same. Can anyone help me? Another way, what's the easy way to grant the user "send as"permission to all mailboxes to run this tool? Thank you. John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >I unintall the tool v1 and try to install exchange calendar update tool v2. >I just can not get it installed as it asks me to uninstall v1 which I re...

BCM 2010
Hi, I have serious problem with my BCM 2010 database. I have a BCM 2010 database instaled on one domain user profile (local database without any share). I change a domail and.... forgot to do backup... (I know, I know - idiot) I have 2 database files recovered from old user profile i I don't know what to do with them to mount this datadabe in new profile. I put them into new profile in the same place but I can't see them from BCM database menu or SQL. Anybody know how to mount this database in new user profile? Jack Why wouldn't you ask this in the BCM g...

Exchange 5.5 restore to windows 2000
Current Platform: Windows NT4 sp6a Exchange 5.5 sp4 enterprise Future Platform: Windows 2000 sp4 Advanced exchange 5.5 sp4 enterprise I have new hardware though I need to stay with Exchange 5.5. I would like to backup my existing information store and directory and restore to the new server. The netbios names are the same though after the restore the directory will not start. I am wondering if this is even possible since the OS's are different. I have searched all newsgroups and the web and have come up completely empty. Any thoughts would be great. Thank you, Adam Depends upon th...

Error Downloading OffLine Address Book from Exchange Server 2000 in Outlook 2003
Hi, I am posting this message in the hope that somebody will be able to assist me with an issue that my users are experiencing. Currently when my users are attemptting to download the 'Offline Address Book' from within Outlook 2003 SP1 from our Exchange server which is running Exchange 2000 Server with Service Pack 3 installed. They get the following error message when using their mailbox in non-cached mode: An error occured while opening the Microsoft Exchange offline address book on the Exchange server When they do the following command combination: Tools - Send/Receive - ...

Clone Exchange 2000 Server to use as Second Server (Load Balance or Live Backup)
I would like to clone my current exchange 2000 server to use as a live backup. As I recall, setting up my current exchange server was a bear and would like to start off the "new" server from right where I am with the current server(SP's tweaks etc.). I have full drive image backups of the current server that I can restore to an almost duplicate machine. I'm concerned with the renaming and Active Directory/Domain membership issues. Has anybody out there tried this? Would it be easier to start from scratch then synchronize? Ideas appreciated. Mark Frankly, I don'...

Help... Hacked exchange 2k3???
I just posted in the SBS2k3 but thought an expert here may be able to help better: I have been trying to find why my sbs 2k3 reporting has been saying my users are sending 1000's of email that they aren't and found that something is in my exchange doing some strange stuff... It seems that in my exchange log files this virus or hacker is forwarding using some sort of code? This is what I was able to get out of it.. It is using the first administrative group? Anyone seen this? Any ideas?? Thanks in advance, J 2/18/2004 0:15:12 GMT - - - CFC - /O=CYPRESS/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATI...

exchange spy question
I have an employee who I suspect is leaking information to their ex(possibly current) employer who is our direct competitor. Is there any way without accessing his/her mailbox that I can find out whether or not an email was sent to a particular email domain? If so, how would I retrieve that message in its entirety? Check ESM and track messages. or In a browser http://servername/exchange/username enterprise credentials Then you can see inside their mailbox, remember that wont show what they have already deleted. Journal everthing <avanwey@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:116287...

Exchange 5.5 #50
Hi Folks, i have Exchange 5.5, pre migration procedure i tried to connect the LDAP Server, but any password is invalid! i have antoher server (diffrent ORG) that work absolute! HELP PLEASE!!! Regards, NR ...

permissions on maiboxes in exchange 5.5
Hi, does anyone know if you can run a report in 5.5 to give me a list i am export into excel to show all mailboxes and who has permission to that mailbox ...

Clustering
Is Clustering (2 node Active Passive) supported on CRM 3.0. The SQL is running on separate cluster (Active/passive mode) yes it is "TM" <TM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC66A0E8-FCCB-48F7-B32B-9FC1993F86DC@microsoft.com... > Is Clustering (2 node Active Passive) supported on CRM 3.0. The SQL is > running on separate cluster (Active/passive mode) Specific questions related to CRM v3 should be addressed to the Early Access newsgroup. For connection details see: https://microsoft.order-7.com/CRMPartnerBeta/resources/newsgroups.doc and please ...

Exchange Server 2000 to Exhange 2003 migration
Greetings, I am new to this group, also to Exchange. We have an Exchange 2000 server running on our network and recently the admin created an Exchange 2003 server on the network. We are not using FE and BE 2003 servers, just a single server. Looking at the the 2000 server, in the mbx folder I can see the user folders and can expand and the Calendar, Inbox, etc. show info. When I move my account from the 2000 server to the 2003 server using the wizard in the 2003 exchange manager there is no folder created in mbx. I can see my account on the SMTP virtual server, and on the exchange 2000 s...

Exchange 2000 Server infected with viruses
I have an Exchange 2000 Server with Norton Symantec Corporate edition version 8.0 and my server has become infected with Viruses. I have run Nortons tools several times and the server still reports viruses. I am afraid that if I do not clear up the viruses my ability to send outside my organization will be compromised because of Spam filters. Can anyone lend a helping thought on how to clean the server without affecting the Exchange store. Hi, Stop the SMTP service on the server, perform a full backup of the information store(s) and then try to use some of the online AV programs such ...

where can i get the tool's from the exchange 2000 resource kit?
having a mental block and cant find where to download exchange 2000 resource kit tools. is this it? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E0F616C6-8FA4-4768-A3ED-CC09AEF7B60A&displaylang=en tia Hi Eric, The Exchange 2000 Resource Kit Tools are found on the Exchange 2000 Server CD in the tools folder. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "EricB" <ERICB@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message news:kEqFe.6841$CF.47694@news-1.opaltelecom.net... > having a mental block and cant find where to do...

Exchange 5.5 store failed to start with error 4294965485
The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service returned service specific error 4294965485 Look in Application Event log. Dev wrote: > The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service returned > service specific error 4294965485 Yeah it sounds like a file is missing. 4294965485 = JET_errFileNotFound = File not found -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at ht...

SMTP Cluster
I have 2 clustered Exchange server (Active/ passive), when the active exchange send messages he connect with virtual name, bur he use Node IP addresse, any idea tu use Virtual name and IP when sending e-mails outside ? You can't force the IP address used by SMTP VS resource in an Exchange Virtual server in a cluster. Check myth#4 in this article on the Exchange team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/exchange/archive/2005/02/25/380481.aspx -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "KB" <KB@discussions.mi...

IMC with Exchange 5.5 on W2K Server.
Firstly I had one Exchange 5.5 with Windows NT, I configured an IMS succesfully. Today I have installed a second Exchange 5.5 on the same SITE but the operative system is Windows 2000 Server. I have tryed to configure an IMS but I have this error "The IMS requires the DNS domain name to be configured on SERVER2. To configure the domain name, use the Network icon in the Control Panel on SERVER2, or select another server". What can I do ?? I have tryed some configuration but the error is always de same. I hope you understand me. Thank you. Thank you, that's the solution. &qu...

DPM 2007 SP1: Modifying the protection group stops all jobs
Hi, the defaults for disk allocation of the SQL Server Protections are fare too small. If I how ever change these defaults while the jobs are running this stops current jobs. Is there a workaround? Thanks Adrian -- Adrian Miller This happens only for initial Replica creation job not later RecoveryPoint/synchronization jobs. But for Sharepoint data sources it forced to cancel the jobs. If you are observing a different behavior please let us know. There is no workaround exists for it. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with n...

Test Cluster Node
Given a computer name, how to test it if it a cluster node or not? without calling WMI MSCluster with $null return? Are there any classes with a property of IsClustered? Thanks, Ben Only WMI classes i can find that relate to clustering are listed here - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc780572(WS.10).aspx#w2k3tr_scl_tools_ftwq but I think you are aware of these. Is there a Registry key that defines a server as a cluster member? -- Richard Siddaway All scripts are supplied "as is" and with no warranty PowerShell MVP Blog: http://richardsiddaway.sp...

Exchange admin account deleted, cannot delegate control
The title pretty much says it all, I inherited an Exchange box, and when trying to install Backup Exec to back it up, I wanted to delegate authority to the BE account. When I run the delegate authority wizard, the only account I see in there is a SID. I'll add an account (administrator) and click through it, but I get the error "Failed to grant permission for domain\administrator on this object" After clicking OK, I get "The delegation wizard could not grant/change permissions for domain/administrator. Any suggestions? Thanks On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 21:26:41 -0600, Daffy &l...

How can I setup exchange 2003 for text emails only.
Using SBS2003. We've been hearing alot about vulnerabilities in HTML emails. Can exchange 2003 convert HTML email to text email for users so they don't get any viruses? Please advise. Thanks john doe wrote: > Using SBS2003. > We've been hearing alot about vulnerabilities in HTML emails. > Can exchange 2003 convert HTML email to text email for users > so they don't get any viruses? > Please advise. > Thanks HTML vulnerabilities are not the only e-mail threat out there, so what you suggest is not comprehensive solution. Comprehensive solution is antivirus ...