DPM 2007 SP1 , Server 2008 R2 , Hyper-V

When creating a protection group,  I select my hyper-v server but can only
see the dpmdb , no guests

My DPM is installed on the hyper-V server

What am I doing wrong ?

Before making the hyper-v server a dpm server,  i could see the vm's from my
other DPM 2007 SP1 server

By default, you can only backup DPMDB from the DPM server. This is by
design. Here is the info:
http://santhoshsivarajan.blogspot.com/2009/10/local-data-protection-on-dpm-server.html

You can enable the local data protection using the following cmdlet:

Set-DPMGlobalProperty -DPMServerName servername -AllowLocalDataProtection
$true

HTH
--
Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA
Houston, TX

"Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When creating a protection group,  I select my hyper-v server but can only
> see the dpmdb , no guests
>
> My DPM is installed on the hyper-V server
>
> What am I doing wrong ?
>
> Before making the hyper-v server a dpm server,  i could see the vm's from
> my
> other DPM 2007 SP1 server

0
Santhosh

Money 2007 for Canada ?
Hi, I tried the trial for money 2007 and am wondering if I can purchase it ? The trial gives me a link but the dropdowns for the country don't allow for Canada. Can I import my money 2007 file in Quicken 2007 if I can't purchase Money ? Thanks In Advance In microsoft.public.money, None wrote: >Hi, > I tried the trial for money 2007 and am wondering if I can purchase it ? >The trial gives me a link but the dropdowns for the country don't allow for >Canada. For whatever reason, Money 2007 is not sold in Canada. It is deemed to not be regionalized fo...

What about DPM 2010 Rc
Anyone use 2010 RC in a production environment? I've put it on a VM to look at it, and it would be nice to use it in production. My Number 1 Reason To Upgrade >>> Can Disable Daily Tape Backups for Saturday and Sunday What's your reason(s) for upgrading? How is it working out for you? Yes. 6 protection groups, 10 servers, 20 vms on a 6 node hyper-v cluster with csv. Runs great. A few quirks here and there but overall great. A far cry from our last backup solution. I basically set it and forget it. Check it when I get in to the office in the morning. ...

Are ribbons created in Word 2010 backward compatible to Word 2007
I understand that creating tabs/ribbons in Word 2010 is much easier than in word 2007. Are they backward-compatible from Word 2010 to Word 2007? ...

Outlook 2007 Agenda View
I just upgraded computers and also to Microsoft Office Professional 2007. In Outlook 97, I used the 7 day agenda view, but cannot find that view in Outlook 2007. Is it there or how can I get that view? Thanks That view is not available in Outlook 2007. The closest you can get is a 2 week view - see http://slipstick.me/2wk -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter...

Auto Send Email from Excel 2007 No Error when Outlook 2007 is full
I have a macro that automatically sends email from excel 2007 through outlook 2007. The problem is that if the user's outlook inbox is at the size limit it will not send the email. When we were on Office 2003 my error handler worked to let the user know that the email wasn't sent, but now on office 2007 it just doesn't send and doesn't let the user know that the email did not go. The code also would recognize an error if the email address was invalid in 2003, but that does not work in 2007 either: just the email is not sent. My code is below (most of it was from Ron de Brui...

Distorted Print Preview in Excel 2007
All of the sudden Print Preview and printing is distorted as compared to the chart as displayed during design. Verticle grid lines are missing and the horizontal axis appears to be log. ...

Publisher 2007 #2
I am testing out Office 2007, including Publisher 2007. I have been using Publisher 2000 for years to produce a 20 page newsletter (double sided booklet). I have tried using Publisher 2007 to produce our latest newsletter and had some major problems you should look at in this Beta. 1) When I use the save option to save my publication in Publisher 2000 format it fails to work correctly. Images in the publication are lost and when I open the resulting file in Puiblisher 2000 it causes it to crash. 2) When I try to print my publication to A3 (double sided) the pages come out incorrectly. I ...

Excel 2007 will not start.... all of a sudden.. pls help
Hi, I have Office 2007... All modules were working fine on clicking icons of word,access,excel etc. All of a sudden to day I can not start.. excel.. other programs .. starts. on starting excel. clicking Icon... I get message as follow. " This file does not have a program associated with ith it for performing this actoion. Create an association with set association control Panel. " Also when With window explorer I go in office12 folder clicking excel EXE file doe not start error message this is not win32 file. can somebody help.. or do I have to reinstall Office 2007 ...

Unable to delete mailbox in exchange server 5.5
Hi, I have encountered problem when deleting user in the exchange server. My current exchange server is 5.5 with sp3. I am unable to delete the mailbox. Error message: An internal processing error has occurred. Try restarting the Microsoft Exchange Administrator program or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer, or both. Microsoft Exchange Information Store: ID no: c1040af4. From Event Log: Event ID: 1203; Failed to delete the mailbox of /o=Domain/ou=Workgroup/cn=Recipients/cn=XXXX with error Oxfffff9bf. I have do the restarting of the server as recommended by the error message but i...

style menu, excel 2007 sp2
Is there any way to turn off the "mini" menu of all the styles? I really just want the "conditional formatting" and "format as table" buttons, instead I have a bunch of additional formatting options. Thanks. ...

MS$ 2007 Not Updating (Kinda)
I have Money Deluxe 2007. When I try to perform updates of my accounts, it will stay forever with the text of "Updating in Progress", but the updating symbol on the top right of the Accounts list will eventually stop spinning and become a red "x". None of my accounts will have updated. As soon as I modify what to download and uncheck my stocks and mutual funds, the download will work properly. All of my stocks and mutual funds are updating fine, whether I manually run the update or it automatically updates them. Does anyone know what is going on here? Thanks, Merg ...

CRM Uninstall and move to new server
Not realizing that CRM was not compatible with windows 2003 server I built a windows 2003 CRM machine. As it does not work properly I am moving it to a new server. Currently we have no data in the CRM system so no concerns of loosing information. However i am wanting this to go as smoothly as possible. Please comment on the following steps. 1. Uninstall CRM from server 2. Delete databases and OU (IS THIS STEP NEEDED) 3. Build new server with same name 4. Reinstall CRM. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. River Cox River, You should be able to install MSCRM on the new server...

"Name Conflict" when Excel 2007 open an old worksheet
Hi all, An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change the worksheet file name could not solve the problem after tested. Why? Thank you, Chik "Chik" <c...@netvigator.com> wrote... >An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as >a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also >could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change th...

outlook 2007 rules error
When trying to set up a out of office reply rule, I'm not using exchange server, it gives me an "rules in error" and doesn't sent the reply. It looks like this has been a problem for other people but I haven't found a fix anywhere. Any ideas? Rcampy wrote: > When trying to set up a out of office reply rule, I'm not using exchange > server, it gives me an "rules in error" and doesn't sent the reply. It looks > like this has been a problem for other people but I haven't found a fix > anywhere. Any ideas? You want us to...

Remote COM server in C#?
Is the subj feasible? More detailed question: I've got a WCF service, which must be accessed from a remote application written in c++. I thought it would be much simple, if all the objects in the service would be accessible as COM objects as well. Thanks. Igor R. wrote: > Is the subj feasible? > > More detailed question: I've got a WCF service, which must be accessed > from a remote application written in c++. I thought it would be much > simple, if all the objects in the service would be accessible as COM > objects as well. Yes, you can write a C...

Cannot connect outlook 2007 to exchange 2003 via LAN
Hello there, I got a new laptop for work running Vista and outlook 2007 and no matter how many times I tried setting it up to connect to the exchange server 2003, I always get the message that outlook is not connected and it needs to be connected to complete this action.... I used to have a laptop running XP and outlook 2003 and it worked fine with the same mailbox settings . Any ideas please? are you inside the network or trying to connect for the first time over the internet? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook...

Outlook 2007 Categories
My colleagues like to use the categories feature in Outlook 2007. They order their email list by categories, this allows emails which are not categorised to appear at the top of their list. A problem occurs when they receive an email that is linked to CRM, this is because the email automatically gets categorised into whatever the regarding field is called. Is there any way to turn off this feature, thereby allowing emails linked to CRM to still appear in the "not categorised" section. We will still need emails to link to CRM though. On Jun 7, 9:23=A0pm, JamesE <Jam...@disc...

How to share AUTOCORRECT between WORD 2007 and OUTLOOK 2007
I have autocorrect working properly in Word 2007. I tried to get the feature to work in outlook as well, by coping the normal.dotm to the normalemail.dotm file. This did not work for somke reason. any idea. I don't mean autotext, but autocorrect. thanks -- Hal Is autocorrect enabled in tools, options, spelling? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about ...

Why does header/footer (2007) fade when in the document?
In Word 2007, why does the information in the header and footer fades out? I put a legend, with different colors, in the footers but when I am in the document the header and footer fade out instead of being full color like in Word 2003. The same for the header where I have a logo. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-b...

DCM for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010
Does anyone know if a DCM pack is available for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010? If you are looking for System center configuration management pack for DPM 2007 and DPM 2010 they are available for DPM health monitoring. If you want DPM 2010 Management pack please mail me at praveend-at-microsoft-dot-com. The closest answer to DCM pack for DPM would be DPM's Best practice analyzer guidelines which can be downloadable from DPM sites. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "John H" <JohnH@di...

Outlook 2007 display issue when replying
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00B7_01CA2BD1.C87FAC10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable One of my coworkers has an issue with Outlook 2007 that is kind of odd. = This ONLY occurs on replies. When clicking "reply" the message displays with a VERY tiny view- = unreadable. The FONTS aren't changed, and the menu and other items on = screen aren't affected, only the display of the reply. When emailed, the = message displays properly- it is only the message view in the window =...

2007: how is the performance?
Is it faster? Does the process close down properly every time? thanks! adam In microsoft.public.money, msnews.microsoft.com wrote: >Is it faster? For most things, I am not sure. However my files were not slow. > Does the process close down properly every time? That speeded up for me. msmoney.exe shows as closed much quicker in Task Manager, vs 5 seconds or so in 2006. Now how it will do for somebody who had a really long closing cycle, I don't know. > >thanks! > >adam > I may get to that after dinner. Just got home. So many twelve hour days, so little ...

Access 2007 Fit to Screen or Auto Resize
I have a multiuser form that I would like all the users, regardless, of the screen resolution they are using, to be able to see on one screen without having to scroll from side to side or up and down. I have a couple of users who prefer lower resolutions and my forms are not fitting on their screens. I have tried to use the "fit to screen" and "auto resize" properties to achieve this (set them both to "yes") but it doesn't seem to work. I couldn't find help on the "fit to screen" property. What are these two properties for? Can I use t...

PS 2007 outline tasks greyed out in timesheets
Hi I have come across a situation where users cannot add time to summary tasks in timesheets. This requires the following to be true to reproduce. 1. Resource is assigned to a summary task 2. The finish date of the summary task is in the past As the task is in the past the user has to use 'Add lines' to add the task to their timesheets. When the user adds a summary task to their timesheets they are unable record any time for this task, when the task is not a summary task (but still having finish date in the past) the user can add time to this task on their timeshe...

New Server Setup Project Plan
I am looking for a project plan to install Great Plains 7.5 on a brand new Windows 2000 server and move data from existing server to the new server. I've done a couple migrations. There are some script tricks to help transfer logins etc. Tell me this first: What version of SQL Server is on the old server? What version of Great Plains? Are you going from like to like, or do you have upgrades to accomplish as well? "Shariq" wrote: > I am looking for a project plan to install Great Plains 7.5 on a brand new > Windows 2000 server and move data from existing server t...