DPM 2007 SP1 , Server 2008 R2 , Hyper-V

When creating a protection group,  I select my hyper-v server but can only
see the dpmdb , no guests

My DPM is installed on the hyper-V server

What am I doing wrong ?

Before making the hyper-v server a dpm server,  i could see the vm's from my
other DPM 2007 SP1 server

By default, you can only backup DPMDB from the DPM server. This is by
design. Here is the info:
http://santhoshsivarajan.blogspot.com/2009/10/local-data-protection-on-dpm-server.html

You can enable the local data protection using the following cmdlet:

Set-DPMGlobalProperty -DPMServerName servername -AllowLocalDataProtection
$true

HTH
--
Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA
Houston, TX

"Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When creating a protection group,  I select my hyper-v server but can only
> see the dpmdb , no guests
>
> My DPM is installed on the hyper-V server
>
> What am I doing wrong ?
>
> Before making the hyper-v server a dpm server,  i could see the vm's from
> my
> other DPM 2007 SP1 server

0
Santhosh

DPM Newsgroup will stop working from June 30. 06-08-10
As many of you already would have read about newsgroup deprecation. DPM newsgroup will be deprecated on June 30 onwards. To discourage activity on newsgroup and to encourage everybody to move to Technet forum, from now onwards DPM team will not be actively verifying that the customer queries are answered in newsgroup. Everybody who is using the newsgroup to get their queries answered please shift to technet forum before newsgroup services are stopped. Technet Forum website: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/dataprotectionmanager/threads. You need a Live...

Could NOT change mail address after windows server 2003 sp1
Exchange Server 20003 SP1 on Server 2003 Enterprise After upgrade to Win Server 2003 SP1 only users who are members of Local Administrators Group (in Exchange 2003 server) can change an email address. They can create new mail enabled users (with default addresses) The error message is An Exchange Server could not be found in the domain Check if the Microsoft System Attendant service is running on the Exchange Server ID no: c10308a2 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension What errors do you see in the event logs (specifically the application log and system log). That sounds rea...

adding gmail account in outlook on SBS 2003 R2
I'm running a SBS 2003 R2 and currently have each networked PC setup with an exchange email account. I have stopped using the exchange email accounts and would like to setup a (IMAP) Gmail account and I was able to setup the account through (outlook 2003) tools, account settings and adding a new account on a laptop that was not networked but when I try this on the networked PCs it does not work. I’m going to try to change some server settings but any help would be appreciated. -- TTK In article <F512405C-D5E6-4465-AFB0-1748EA5DC6C6@microsoft.com>,=20 TTK@discuss...

Disable recall message on the server
Hi, Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server side? I do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook client, but management would like to make it so it never works on our server. We are using Exch 2003 sp1. Thanks, Debra In news:191B223A-D29E-406E-BE23-D378B9647B2A@microsoft.com, Debra <Debra@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server > side? I do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook > client, but management would like to make it so it never works on...

Outlook 2007 Accounts
I just moved from Live Mail (LM) to Outlook 2007. I have multiple email addresses that I use. In LM I set up separate accounts and then don't set the option to include this account when sending mail or synchronizing. I do not see that option in Outlook 2007 in the account set up page. First question is, "is this the best way to set up multiple email addresses" & second "is there anyway to not poll the POP3 server for all of these accounts since I'm going to the same mail server account for each one. Send/Receive Group settings (Open main Outlook window...

Select SQL Server During Installation
Hi, I am installing MS CRM in this environment: - SBS 2000 SP3 with SQL 2000 SP3 + Excahnge + Domain Controller - I want to install MS CRM 1.2 on Win 2003 Machine added to the SBS Domains. The user who is doing the installation is member of the domains admins and entreprise admins. It is important to note that we have an instance of SQL Server called BKUPEXEC. The following Services on the sql server are running: SQLAGENT$BKUPEXEC : MSSQLSERVER$BKUPEXEC Question 1: Is the following architecture supported? SBS (DC + SQL + Exchange) on one server. MS CRM on another server (win2003) added...

TAb forms in Access 2007
I am new to using Access 2007 and I would like to be able to split a large table across many forms using tabs as a way of doing it - like a normal filing system. E.g. tab for name, then contact details, training information, etc. I would be extremely grateful if someone could help me out, as I do not see a method in 2007. Barry, With you form open in design view, click on the Design Tab in the ribbon. One of the control selection buttons looks like a tab control. It should be on the right of the Check mark, but the tool tip will tell you. Click on it then click on your form. To...

I can't remove a watermark in Word 2007, suggestions?
I am having difficulty removing a watermark form a document in Word 2007. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Watermarks are anchored to a header. Double-click to activate the header area; you should then be able to select and delete the watermark. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "jdgesq2" <jdgesq2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2887A6E3-9CDA-48E5-903B-01054A185A3C@microsoft.com... >I am having difficulty removing a watermark form a document in Word 2007. > Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Common OWA name space without a Font end server
After months of planning, purchasing and installing several Exchange 2003 servers I have come to the unfortunate realization that I need a Front end / Back end server architecture in order to have a common URL for my internet OWA clients to check there mail. I have multiple E2k3 servers hosting my users mailboxes but I would like my internet users to go to a common URL to get to their own OWA. I undersand the security advantages with a Front end / Back end architecture but did not realize that a common external URL would not be possible. Is this true? This was not the case with exchang...

Problems with installing Outlook client user terminal server
Dear all, We are having problems installing the Outlook client on our Terminal service environment. The web client works great but when Outlook is started it crashes straight away and we get error messages in the server event log "There was a problem connecting to the authenticating server". Do you know the "log in" diference between CRM using Outlook and CRM using web client ? Is it possible that the system is trying to log into other services than the web client does typically ? ...

Microsoft Word Table design in Access 2007
Is there a method for inserting a table (not an access table, but a word table with columns/rows/header, etc...) in a description field in a form or below the description field? I'm creating a database for development business rules and sometimes a business rule needs a table to explain or identify the heirarchy/relationship of items for the rule. I don't want this to link to anything else but the Business Rule ID that I am currently in. Thanks in advance! You could use a memo field but the data will not be separated by grid lines. You would need to add spacing and ...

Running CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0 on the same server
I am in the process of testing conversion from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and want to know if it is possible to run both on the same server concurrently. I currently have a test CRM 3.0 set up and would like to install and run CRM 4.0 in a second data base on the same SQL Server and Web Server. Is this possible? Al Pemberton CRM uses Active Directory to link the users in and create security groups, especially CRM3. I would not do this. "Al Pemberton" wrote: > I am in the process of testing conversion from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and > want to know if it is possible to run both on t...

GP10 with Server & SQL 2008
The server is running perfectly. Trying to get client workstations connected and I am getting this error on examination of the testBCP file resaults in: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Connection is not enabled for BCP Derek, If your OS and SQL Server are 64-bit versions, take a look at the following KB article: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb$en-us$918983&wa=wsignin1.0 Specifically, you will want to check the ODBC configuration options. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglob...

"Filter for" context menu item for Access 2007
One of my most commonly used commands in previous versions of Access was the "Filter for" command available in the context menu when right clicking a field in a table or query. Is this feature available in Access 2007? The filter by form is not what I want because it requires many more operations to set up for a quick temporary filter than the "Filter for" menu command. I would frequently type SQL statements such as "A or B or C or D" in the "Filter For" filter command in Access 2003 and earlier. ...

Restoring "Sized with Window" option in Excel 2007?
Who knows a trick to restore the "Sized with Window" option in Excel 2007, automatically resizing chart when size of window changes as in Excel 2003? There is no trick. It cannot be done at all. This capability was removed from Excel 2007. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Pim den Hartog" <Pim den Hartog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8C41604-3F04-4F16-AA32-E5A2B9884375@microsoft.com... > Who knows a trick to restore the "Sized with Window"...

Importing Emails .pst format from 2007 to 2003 version
Hi: Can I do this? Rec'ng error msg. "brgwtrnj" <brgwtrnj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D967048-A523-4FA8-8088-AD5245003720@microsoft.com... > Hi: > > Can I do this? Rec'ng error msg. > Do NOT use the import/export function to transfer data from one Outlook to another. (Courtesy of Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]) Importing an entire PST may well corrupt your profile and may create a ghost PST that you can't close. Importing PST's will lose: 1. Custom Forms 2. Custom Views 3. Connections between contacts and activities 4....

Windows 7 joining SBS 2003 R2 domain
I'm having an issue with connectcomputer and joining a Windows 7 Ultimate PC to our SBS 2003 R2 domain. When I attempt to join I get the following error: "An error occurred while trying to copy the Client Setup files. Check the following, and then try again: If you use a public proxy server to browse the Internet, clear the Internet Explorer connection setting for using a proxy server. To do this, from the Tools menu, click Internet Options, click the Connections tab, click LAN settings button, and then clear the check box in Proxy Server. If you on not have a pu...

Backup of Exchange Server
I am getting following error while backing the Microsoft Information Store. What might be the problem. Backup started on 27-Dec-04 at 5:30 PM. The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-'The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-' The operation was ended. What are you using to back up Exchange? 3rd party software (Veritas...

Min Max options in Access 2007 adp reports not showing
I have an access adp which I developed in 2003 with sql server 2000. I have with great success developed and deployed this app to run with Access 2003 Runtime. I would like this app to move to the Access 2007 runtime, and most of the testing has gone well and the issues have been minor. One issue remains which my client is being stubborn (and rightfully so) that needs to be addressed. When I open all reports with this statement: DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , stLinkCriteria or DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , stLinkCriteria the reports op...

VS 2008 install
I've installed VS2008 standard edition on a Vista PC where VS2005 is working fine. There have been no VS betas on this machine. When I try a simple compile with 2008 I get "cl.exe not found". I've tried the install twice, with and without SP1, and the problem occurs in all cases. The first directory in the Tools, Options, Directories list is "$(VCInstallDir)bin" and sure enough, there is no cl.exe in that folder. I did find a cl.exe in "$(VCInstallDir)bin\x86_amd64" but it seems to be a 64-bit compiler. My questions are: In a standard install i...

DPM hangs at consistency check after swapping protecting servers
Last week, we swapped one of the servers protected by DPM 2007SP2 on Windows Server2003. We kept the same server name, same Raid configuration and transfered all the data. Manually re-install DPM on the new server. Remove and recreate protection group on DPM server. Keeps getting "Inconsistent replica" and when rerun, the "consistency check" job stucks at 67mb. There is new volume created in the replica folder in DPM server. I manually moved all the files from old volume to the new volume folders. Rerun but still getting hung at "consistency check...

change CRM server name in the outlook client
hei, is there any way to change crm server name in the outlook client. i do not want to reinstall the client again. thanks RG You can change the WebAppUrl if that's what you mean. With that you can point it to another url to access the crm app. In the registry, you can change the key WebAppUrl in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient. HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "RG" <RG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E8E5D78-9855-446F-BDF3-62C851A01B09@microsoft.com... > hei, > is there any wa...

Set static port mappings on Exchange 2003 server; now VPN clients cannot use Outlook XP from offsite
We are running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 server that is the Global Catalog server. We followed the steps listed in knowledgebase articles 270836 and 298369 and set the ports as follows: Global Catalog Server Port = 1273 Exchange SA RFR Interface port = 5000 Exchange Directory NSPI Proxy Interface Port = 5001 Exchange Information Store Interface Port = 5002 Exchange Site Replication Service Port = 5003 After rebooting the server, PCs in the office are communicating with the server on ports 1273 and 5000. However, when a user at home tries to login using CheckPoint FireWall 1 ...

problem connecting from 2008 to 2003
Hi, I have a server 2008 R2 server as a remote desktop server and a server 2003 R2 as a file server, both joined to the same domain. When I am on the 2008 server, I try to access \\2003srv\. Sometimes I can access it, sometimes I get an error 0x80070035 that 2008 can't access the server. But only sometimes. If I reboot 2008, I can access \\2003srv\ for awhile, but eventually after I log out and log back in a couple of times, it can't access \\2003srv\. This happens on different logins, but admins and users. But, I can always access a second 2003 R2 server, \\2003...

how do i restore slide thumbnail view in 2007/2010
I opened a "compatibility mode" presentation in powerpoint 2010 beta, and the slide thumbnail viewer was missing. I have looked everywhere, i believe, and cannot figure out how to restore it. i know its kind of a stupid question, but it was much easier in previous versions, and i am not familiar with this version yet. Help would be greatly appreciated. In article <40832BDC-C0BD-419F-B397-6CC0076389B3@microsoft.com>, Rishi Jain wrote: > I opened a "compatibility mode" presentation in powerpoint 2010 beta, and the > slide thumbnail viewer was...