DPM 2007 does not see SQL 2005 Analysis Services Database

Hi !

We have DPM 2007 latest hotfix running and protecting a server with SQL 2005
and SQL 2000 installed. Also Analysis Services for SQL 2005 installed on that
server which has a database mounted.

When modifying the protection group I see the SQL 2000 instance and the SQL
2005 instance but I do not see the Analysis Services Database or instance in
DPM.

How can I backup that database with DPM ?
Thanks for your help,
Alex

Database disappeared when i accidentally exported it 2 split file
Hi,everyone.i have a big problem here.i accidentally exported my table to my split file and now when i try to open the table,it shows "the microsoft office access database cannot find the input table or query 'filename'.Make sure it exists and that it's name is spelled correctly." What is wrong with the thing?Did i delete the database accidentally?If so,how do i retrieve it back?Hope to hear from you guys soon.Have a nice day On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 22:23:08 -0800, boon <boon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi,everyone.i have a big problem here.i accidental...

Link to external database
Hi there, is it possible to create a new database and link the tables with CRM database tables? And if so, is it still possible to create reports, with that external data, inside MS CRM? Thanks in advance. ...

Excel integration with databases
I am wondering about the integration between Excel and an Oracle database. What I am trying to do is develop a form that will pull data from an Oracle view, allow for users to update information, and then save the data into another table. Is this possible? If so, how? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. You can use ADO and SQL to do so. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=295646 How To Transfer Data from ADO Data Source to Excel with ADO http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=278973 SAMPLE: ExcelADO Demonstrates How to Use ADO to Read and Write Data in Excel Wo...

Outlook 2007 Agenda View
I just upgraded computers and also to Microsoft Office Professional 2007. In Outlook 97, I used the 7 day agenda view, but cannot find that view in Outlook 2007. Is it there or how can I get that view? Thanks That view is not available in Outlook 2007. The closest you can get is a 2 week view - see http://slipstick.me/2wk -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter...

Make Excel see columns as rows and rows as columns
Okay, I have a bit of a difficult problem. I'm using excel to make a map for a game I'm playing. I've already converted the columns to numbers as well, however the game's mapping system is inverted from Excel's, meaning that for example 13,100 doesn't get you to row 13 and column 100, but to column 13 and row 100. Can I switch this around somehow in Excel? Can I make Excel take columns before rows, so 13,100 will actually mean column 13, row 100? Thanks! It isn't clear what formula you are using, but there should be a number of alternatives....

Money 2007 for Canada ?
Hi, I tried the trial for money 2007 and am wondering if I can purchase it ? The trial gives me a link but the dropdowns for the country don't allow for Canada. Can I import my money 2007 file in Quicken 2007 if I can't purchase Money ? Thanks In Advance In microsoft.public.money, None wrote: >Hi, > I tried the trial for money 2007 and am wondering if I can purchase it ? >The trial gives me a link but the dropdowns for the country don't allow for >Canada. For whatever reason, Money 2007 is not sold in Canada. It is deemed to not be regionalized fo...

What about DPM 2010 Rc
Anyone use 2010 RC in a production environment? I've put it on a VM to look at it, and it would be nice to use it in production. My Number 1 Reason To Upgrade >>> Can Disable Daily Tape Backups for Saturday and Sunday What's your reason(s) for upgrading? How is it working out for you? Yes. 6 protection groups, 10 servers, 20 vms on a 6 node hyper-v cluster with csv. Runs great. A few quirks here and there but overall great. A far cry from our last backup solution. I basically set it and forget it. Check it when I get in to the office in the morning. ...

Are ribbons created in Word 2010 backward compatible to Word 2007
I understand that creating tabs/ribbons in Word 2010 is much easier than in word 2007. Are they backward-compatible from Word 2010 to Word 2007? ...

Deleting demo data from database?
MS Small Business Server MS CRM 1.2 SQL 2000 I want to delet all demo data from my database and want to enter new data in the database. How can i do this? Awan There is no easy way to do this. You can try deleting records manually via the UI, but if you have a alot of data, this will take awhile. Another, though unsupported, approach would be to set the DeleteionStateCode field in every table to 2. This will allow the deletion service to remove the records. Or, you can try manually deleting from each of the tables (again, unsupported). Just be careful not to delete records from the CR...

Auto Send Email from Excel 2007 No Error when Outlook 2007 is full
I have a macro that automatically sends email from excel 2007 through outlook 2007. The problem is that if the user's outlook inbox is at the size limit it will not send the email. When we were on Office 2003 my error handler worked to let the user know that the email wasn't sent, but now on office 2007 it just doesn't send and doesn't let the user know that the email did not go. The code also would recognize an error if the email address was invalid in 2003, but that does not work in 2007 either: just the email is not sent. My code is below (most of it was from Ron de Brui...

free ip address in asset database, not remove them?
Win 7, access 2007 , tables: asset and ip, relation (asset.ipIP, foreign)one-to-one(ip.ID, primary) when I delete an asset from asset table using form it is also deleted from IP table. This should work such as the IP address remains to be used in other asset. How to resolve this? If I change the relation there is no more validatation that one IP address is used once? Other problem is that how I can make forms in "read only" mode without creating copies of them and setting properties? that user cannot make changes to table by accident. Help me, Please! -S On Mon, ...

Distorted Print Preview in Excel 2007
All of the sudden Print Preview and printing is distorted as compared to the chart as displayed during design. Verticle grid lines are missing and the horizontal axis appears to be log. ...

Publisher 2007 #2
I am testing out Office 2007, including Publisher 2007. I have been using Publisher 2000 for years to produce a 20 page newsletter (double sided booklet). I have tried using Publisher 2007 to produce our latest newsletter and had some major problems you should look at in this Beta. 1) When I use the save option to save my publication in Publisher 2000 format it fails to work correctly. Images in the publication are lost and when I open the resulting file in Puiblisher 2000 it causes it to crash. 2) When I try to print my publication to A3 (double sided) the pages come out incorrectly. I ...

Excel 2007 will not start.... all of a sudden.. pls help
Hi, I have Office 2007... All modules were working fine on clicking icons of word,access,excel etc. All of a sudden to day I can not start.. excel.. other programs .. starts. on starting excel. clicking Icon... I get message as follow. " This file does not have a program associated with ith it for performing this actoion. Create an association with set association control Panel. " Also when With window explorer I go in office12 folder clicking excel EXE file doe not start error message this is not win32 file. can somebody help.. or do I have to reinstall Office 2007 ...

style menu, excel 2007 sp2
Is there any way to turn off the "mini" menu of all the styles? I really just want the "conditional formatting" and "format as table" buttons, instead I have a bunch of additional formatting options. Thanks. ...

MS$ 2007 Not Updating (Kinda)
I have Money Deluxe 2007. When I try to perform updates of my accounts, it will stay forever with the text of "Updating in Progress", but the updating symbol on the top right of the Accounts list will eventually stop spinning and become a red "x". None of my accounts will have updated. As soon as I modify what to download and uncheck my stocks and mutual funds, the download will work properly. All of my stocks and mutual funds are updating fine, whether I manually run the update or it automatically updates them. Does anyone know what is going on here? Thanks, Merg ...

"Name Conflict" when Excel 2007 open an old worksheet
Hi all, An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change the worksheet file name could not solve the problem after tested. Why? Thank you, Chik "Chik" <c...@netvigator.com> wrote... >An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as >a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also >could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change th...

Outlook/Outlook Express/Service Pack 2
I have recently downloaded Service Pack 2 and am having difficulty sending attachments from Outlook to anyone with Outlook Express. What specific problem/difficulty are you having? "pete new haven" <petenewhaven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E603FEEE-BC69-44A7-8DE4-01FFBC70827A@microsoft.com... >I have recently downloaded Service Pack 2 and am having difficulty sending > attachments from Outlook to anyone with Outlook Express. Are you using RTF formatted messages? Try plain text. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook...

outlook 2007 rules error
When trying to set up a out of office reply rule, I'm not using exchange server, it gives me an "rules in error" and doesn't sent the reply. It looks like this has been a problem for other people but I haven't found a fix anywhere. Any ideas? Rcampy wrote: > When trying to set up a out of office reply rule, I'm not using exchange > server, it gives me an "rules in error" and doesn't sent the reply. It looks > like this has been a problem for other people but I haven't found a fix > anywhere. Any ideas? You want us to...

Cannot connect outlook 2007 to exchange 2003 via LAN
Hello there, I got a new laptop for work running Vista and outlook 2007 and no matter how many times I tried setting it up to connect to the exchange server 2003, I always get the message that outlook is not connected and it needs to be connected to complete this action.... I used to have a laptop running XP and outlook 2003 and it worked fine with the same mailbox settings . Any ideas please? are you inside the network or trying to connect for the first time over the internet? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook...

Outlook 2007 Categories
My colleagues like to use the categories feature in Outlook 2007. They order their email list by categories, this allows emails which are not categorised to appear at the top of their list. A problem occurs when they receive an email that is linked to CRM, this is because the email automatically gets categorised into whatever the regarding field is called. Is there any way to turn off this feature, thereby allowing emails linked to CRM to still appear in the "not categorised" section. We will still need emails to link to CRM though. On Jun 7, 9:23=A0pm, JamesE <Jam...@disc...

How to share AUTOCORRECT between WORD 2007 and OUTLOOK 2007
I have autocorrect working properly in Word 2007. I tried to get the feature to work in outlook as well, by coping the normal.dotm to the normalemail.dotm file. This did not work for somke reason. any idea. I don't mean autotext, but autocorrect. thanks -- Hal Is autocorrect enabled in tools, options, spelling? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about ...

Money 2005 Deluxe account balance error/hidden transactions
To all, As others who have posted before me, I have discovered an error in the home page balance of my AMEX account and the register balance. The transaction report showed 4 hidden transactions in 2006 (I haven't archived '06 yet), all which were originally scheduled bill payments, but did not allow me to edit/void them (amounts "grayed out.") I ran multiple salvage/repair file actions, and the hidden transactions have in fact disappeared. BUT, my home page balance and the register balance still show the discrepancy. This same discrepancy shows when I adjust my view in t...

calling sql loader from vba
I have a access application front-end with an oracle back end (odbc) On a daily basis we have to import a large text file into one of the Oracle tables. We do this by using the sql loader utility. I have created a controlfile for this I have two requests for help. First: Please could somebody help me with some vba code to launch the sql loader exe (which is on the local drive) with this ctl file as its parameter from a button in a form in the access application. Second: when the sql loader program will launch, a dos box is shown by it showing its load progress. It will close itself ...

Why does header/footer (2007) fade when in the document?
In Word 2007, why does the information in the header and footer fades out? I put a legend, with different colors, in the footers but when I am in the document the header and footer fade out instead of being full color like in Word 2003. The same for the header where I have a logo. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-b...