Consistency Check fails and fails and fails ...

Hello all
last Tuesday, we had a Blue Screen on our Home Directories server. After
having it restarted, I got a DPM error, thus needing a Consistency Check.
Today, one week later, I did 30 Consistency Checks, all having failed with
all kinds of errors:
- DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for
\\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\K... (ID
2033 Details: The system cannot find the file specified (0x80070002))
- DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for
\\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\G... (ID
2033 Details: The specified network resource or device is no longer
available (0x80070037))
- An unexpected error occurred during job execution. (ID 104 Details:
Catastrophic failure (0x8000FFFF))
- An unexpected error occurred during job execution. (ID 104 Details: The
device is not ready (0x80070015))

(Note that I have a Powershell script that runs every 15 minutes to check
whether the Consistency Check failed. If yes, a new CC is started again.)

Pierrot

0
wpher56

Edit and continue, build failed but "Error List" is empty
Hi, I am using VS Team System 2008 (.NET 3.5 SP1) on WinXP pro. When I create a brand new dialog project, (file->new->Project...), and run it without changing a single line of code, everything works as expected. If I put a break point in InitInstance(), run it to that break point and add a line that will cause an error. I get the usual error message : "Edits were made which cannot be compiled." "Click Edit to fix the code" "Click Stop to stop debugging" "Click Ignore to continue without applying the edits." If I click 'Edit' I get the...

There should be consistent Date selections on reports.
Most reports have date selections as follows: Enter Date Current Date Beginning of Month End of Month Beginning of Period End of Period and so on but not all reports have: Beginning of Prev Month End of Prev Month which makes more sense to use than current month. What if it's the first of the month? Most often you want last month's results. Thank you. ...

is there a way to check flowcharts for programming errors?
I am in an intro to programming class and have no experience with programming. Does the Visio program offer a way to double check your flowchart for programming errors? I am a terrible perfectionist and don't like to turn something in until I have double checked it first. Thanks! Visio does not check interpret the flow chart thus you should implement the flow chart in some programming language and check the results. Deepa -- http://www.EventHelix.com/EventStudio EventStudio 2.5 - Generate Sequence diagrams from a simple declarative language ...

combination IF- and VLOOKUP-function fails
Hello, I've following problem: The first table shows freight rates for different locations in relation to specific base ports (AA and HH)! Table 1 LOC AA - AA AA - HH HH - AA HH - HH DKAAB 1001 1007 1013 1019 DKAAL 1002 1008 1014 1020 DKAEY 1003 1009 1015 1021 DKAZS 1004 1010 1016 1022 DKAAP 1005 1011 1017 1023 DKAGD 1006 1012 1018 1024 The second table actually shows the same data in a different format but without the freight rates. Table 2 From To LOC Result HH HH DKAAB ??? HH AA DKAZS ??? Now I would like to retrieve the freight from the first table with ...

Check Reader
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C772BB.160E5F80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I have a request from my Retail department to deploy Check Readers, = anyone out there in "microsoft.public.pos" land know which brand and = model works best with PCCharge and RMS 1.3 (Soon to be RMS 2.0)? ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C772BB.160E5F80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C/...

Rules Wizard Not Consistent
Rules Wizard is not running consistently in my Outlook 2000 (running Win XP Pro). Sometimes it does filter, sometimes not. Lately, mostly not. But, if I go into the Rules Wizard, and select a rule to run, then click Run Now, then it works. But this manual work around is not the best way to do this. Any ideas why it's not running automatically consistently? Thanks in advance. I found I needed to add the action "Stop processing more rules" in the "What do you want to do" picklist. Be real sure to have this for your exception lists and put them at the top o...

Upgraded OE 6 fails to recognize previous Store dir's emails/folders
Dear Sirs, For several months, I had been using IE/Outlook Express 6.0/SP1 with no difficulties. During that time, because of many thousands of Yahoo type group emails, I decided to use my OE 6's Tools--> Options --> Maintenance --> Store Folder option to change my Store Folder from my small C drive, to a folder on my large, external USB D drive. This was working just fine, after exporting once, all of the emails to that drive (except for whenever I forgot to turn on the external/USB drive, then, I would have to go through the above process (except for the export) to change the...

How to check...?
How to check in source code that a project is statically or dynamically linked to MFC library? How to check at run-time if a module/class has been used in a MFC application? Thank you very much! "jianbao" <jianbao99@968.org> wrote in message news:edzxBOk2EHA.924@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > How to check in source code that a project is statically or dynamically > linked to MFC library? the source code doesn't know, its in the linker commands. > > How to check at run-time if a module/class has been used in a MFC > application? > > Thank you very muc...

GP 10.0 Fails to install .Net Framework 2.0 not installed
I'm trying to install GP 10.0 on server. We have .net framework 2.0 sp1 and 3.0 installed. We have windows sharepoint services installed on framework 3.0. When we try to install, it is returing error .Net framework 2.0 not installed and ending prematurely. I've tried the workaround provided in Partnersource (KB ID 947538) for .Net 2.0 sp1. However it is not working. Thanks Jack - unfortunately, unless you write out the command line scripts exactly as they say in the KB, it will continue to bomb. Microsoft is costing us hours and hours worth of unbillable time to work aroun...

Bounced Checks
When we enter cash receipts they contain the sum of hundreds of checks. If one of those checks bounces, what is the best way to enter that into GP? GPgirl, There was another thread on this very topic a couple weeks ago. Here is Victoria Yudin's response to that - Victoria [MVP] View profile More options Dec 11, 2:01 pm Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains From: "Victoria [MVP]" <victo...@flex-solutions.com> Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 14:01:38 -0500 Local: Thurs, Dec 11 2008 2:01 pm Subject: Re: Best way to handle a returned check Reply | Reply to author | Forwar...

Disable or Lock check box after initial check
I have a check box that, when clicked, adds today's date to a table field. Private Sub CkBoxCIComp_AfterUpdate() Me!CIComp = Now End Sub After the initial check in the box, I would like the check box to be disables so they cannot check again and change the initial date that was entered on the initial check. I also need a msg to contact the admin for assistance. Can anyone tell me how this can be done? Thanks -- deb This will not work in a continuous form, but in single form view, try (aircode): Private Sub CkBoxCIComp_AfterUpdate() Me!CIComp = Now Me.CkBoxCIComp.Locked = True...

SP2 for windows xp download fails
Get error message stating "The procedure entry point for GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic library link MSDART.dll" The message title is migrate.exe - Entry point not found How do I repair this problem?? Can't install latest virus protection without installing this SP Pendleton wrote: > Get error message stating "The procedure entry point for GetIUMS > could not be located in the dynamic library link MSDART.dll" > The message title is migrate.exe - Entry point not found > How do I repair this problem?? > Can't install latest viru...

Check printing #2
Is there a setting in "selecting checks" that you can set to have all checks over a certain dollar amount pull to the end of the check run? I'm guessing that you are out of luck. The only reference that I have here is a version 7.0 set up for Canada. It appears that the only sort methods are by payment number, name, Province-City, or Postal Code. Exactly the same options are availabe in Mekorma MICR for version 7.0. You might be able to do something with Mekorma's SDK but of course that would require that you purchase their check writing product. Lyle On Wed, 22 Sep 200...

Consistency Check
I have three tables linked together. Table one is Property, Two is Improvement and Tbl Three is Improvement Segments. They are all linked together by a property Id and year. For each Improvement there is at least one Improvement Segment with a field called 'class' in the Improvement Segment table. There numerous segments in the Improvement Segment table and each of the segments should have the same class. My question is how can I get a search that will tell me if there are any improvement segments that the class is not consistant for each of the improvements from Improvement ...

RAM memory check?
Is there an easy, straight forward way to check the RAM memory sticks in my computer? This is an older computer, running Windows XP Pro with SP3 installed. The computer has a Gigabyte S-Series motherboard...GA-P35-DS3L with an Intel P35 Express chipset. I set it up with an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, E6750l @ 2.66 GHz and two 2.67 GHz, 2.0 GB RAM sticks. From time to time, when I try to start this computer it will beep a series of beeps of about one second on and one second off. At this time the CPU cooling fan will start and stop in sync with the beeps. I can press the OFF switch...

data consistency check
How can we perform a data consistency check/fix on the information store and the directory in exchange 5.5 running on a windows 2000 server. Is here any harm in running any tool. Pls advise. Thanks. What is the problem your seeing? -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "khan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

Printing Checks

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

How do I create Check list

Authorizing checks with RMS

Outlook reports send error, fails again and again, but messages are going anyway!
Hi, My outlook XP is being very odd. I have been trying to send some digital images (750kb, over cable broadband) to some friends. When I do this, Outlook reports that there was an error waiting for the outgoing server to respond, and the message appears unsent. It keeps trying to send, and after a few goes McAfee starts whining about possible worm activity, so I cancel everything and delete the message from my outbox. However, the messages are being sent. Repeatedly. Last time I put my own email adress in the to: field as well and received 8 copies of the email. I suspect I have some ...

Having trouble with web query, importing not consistent.
Hi, I have a nice book set up with web querys and it's doing a fantastic job for me, except for one little problem: The data does not always get imported to exact same place in the sheet, I'll clarify. The first column is supposed to contain a name, while the next 10 columns is supposed to contain data after running a web update. That's the ideal situation every time, and i'm updating once a day. Now the problem is that somedays the data is imported in a different way. For instance the name which is supposed to end up in the A column gets split up so it now takes up t...