Can't remove non existent tape library from DPM Management tab

We had an autoloader to die a few weeks back which we removed and replaced
with a new unit. After following the instructions to bring the new unit on
line (rescan, etc.) I now see the new autoloader under the Management ->
Libraries tab (cool!). However, I also still see the old unit as well in the
"offline" state.  I want to remove the old unit but I can't see any way to do
this from the DPM management console.

What is the best way to remove the old (dead) autoloader from DPM?

Thanks!
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

DPM will list offline libraries if any protection group is pointed to it.
Modify your protection group to point to new library and then trigger a
rescan. This will remove offline library from libraries tab.

Thanks,
Jyothsna[MSFT]

"Jeffrey Smith" <JeffreySmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We had an autoloader to die a few weeks back which we removed and replaced
> with a new unit. After following the instructions to bring the new unit on
> line (rescan, etc.) I now see the new autoloader under the Management ->
> Libraries tab (cool!). However, I also still see the old unit as well in
> the
> "offline" state.  I want to remove the old unit but I can't see any way to
> do
> this from the DPM management console.
>
> What is the best way to remove the old (dead) autoloader from DPM?
>
> Thanks!
> Jeff

0
Jyothsna
1/12/2010 4:34:48 AM
Hi Jeff,

In case you find modifying all your Protection Groups to point to the new
library cumbersome, do let us know. We can provide you with a powershell
script to do the same.

--
Pranay Prabhakar  [MSFT]
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights
"Jyothsna Kumari Vempa[MSFT]" <jyothsv@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Jeff,
>
> DPM will list offline libraries if any protection group is pointed to it.
> Modify your protection group to point to new library and then trigger a
> rescan. This will remove offline library from libraries tab.
>
> Thanks,
> Jyothsna[MSFT]
> rights.
>

> "Jeffrey Smith" <JeffreySmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> We had an autoloader to die a few weeks back which we removed and
>> replaced
>> with a new unit. After following the instructions to bring the new unit
>> on
>> line (rescan, etc.) I now see the new autoloader under the Management ->
>> Libraries tab (cool!). However, I also still see the old unit as well in
>> the
>> "offline" state.  I want to remove the old unit but I can't see any way
>> to do
>> this from the DPM management console.
>>
>> What is the best way to remove the old (dead) autoloader from DPM?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Jeff

0
Pranay

Remove Excel Icon ??

DPM 2010 RC - Exchange 2007
Hi, We are protecting a exchange 2007 server, DPM is all green. When I go to restore, I cant drill down to mailbox only to the database? Could someone advise? Thanks Dave Have you protected the exchange server using workgroup/un-trusted domain flow? If so, mailbox enumeration is not supported when an exchange server is protected using this flow. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "DRLJAMES" <DRLJAMES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBEC7CDA-AAE0-48CE-A6F7...

Removal

Remove lines with +++

Text Boxes on Tabbed pages in Form
I have an entry form for a database, and it has 8 tabbed pages. I have recently added 2 new text boxes in order to record and gather more information. However, as I go through the tabbed pages, the 2 new boxes I created show on every page. I noticed that when I click on the page tab, all the other boxes and fields that change from page to page have a black box, seemingly to show that they are grouped. I then when to Format and tried to group in my two new boxes, but that is not an option. I was wondering what can be done so I can have my newly created items only appear on the first...

How to Remove SRS

Non-positional cell formulas?
Ok, I have a spreadsheet with multiple columns, for example: Date | spanning header1 | spanner header2 | spanning header3 | Average header | | subhead1a | subhead1b | subhead2a | subhead2b | subhead3a | subhead3b | | date | s1adata | s1bdata | s2adata | s2bdata | s3adata | s3bdata | average s1a,s2a,s3a | Now for every row, I need to calculate the subtotal data. No problem with the formula (like in =AVERAGE(B3,D3,F3)). The next line's formula would be =AVERAGE(B4,D4,F4). The problem ...

Windows Rights Management Formerly Digital Rights Management
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Our company uses Windows Rights Management to control rights to Word an Excel spreadsheets as well as limit forwarding of emails. Office for Windows beining with 2003 supported it a does IE. Does Office for Mac 2008 support Windows Rights Management? At this time I cannot access any Office doc or email that has Windows Rights AKA DRM applied to it. Sorry, there's no way to work with such files in Office 2008. You will have to request an unprotected copy to work with or use Office for Windows. On 4/10/08 1:10 PM, ...

remove Fax from address book?

DPM 2010
Does the same instructions for Tape Library sharing for DPM 2007 apply to DPM 2010? Is there anything new in regards to this area of DPM 2010? Yes the same instructions apply. -- Pranay Prabhakar [MSFT] This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights "Henry" <Henry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D60DC102-8E66-4E4E-A806-D88EA1CE26FB@microsoft.com... > Does the same instructions for Tape Library sharing for DPM 2007 apply to > DPM > 2010? Is there anything new in regards to this area of DPM 2010? Henry, ...

Removing an item from menu

Task Manager, Process
When you run Excel 2003, it remains open as a process (seen under Task Manager/Process). When it remains running as a process, it prevents faxes from being sent. If I end the process, faxes go through, but it remains running as a process; which prevents other faxes from being sent. How can I prevent Excel from running as a process? Or, automatically kill it? I don't use xl2003, but I use xl2002 at home and xl2k at work. The only time I've seen these rogue processes are when excel crashes (or I automate something incorrectly and that instance can't close). But I've neve...

Need to remove selected characters

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Removing password protection on a sheet

Workflow Manager 03-07-04
Built-in Administrator can't run Workflow Manager, What do I have to assign for permission to run Workflow Manager? -- Regards Christoffer Andersson No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup ...

Adding and removing removable drives

how to remove print option in a particular excel file
how to remove print option in a particular excel file You can do this Copy this event in the Thisworkbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub If you want to remove the print icon post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "excel" <excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7859E37-2534-4E83-8F71-B9C3CF5C37BA@microsoft.com... > how to remove print option in a particular excel file ...

Removing Synchronised Contacts
We've a number of client pcs that have been installed with the Outlook Client pointing to a user acceptance test (UAT) system. The Outlook client has synchronized CRM contacts into their Outlook Contacts folder. How can we remove the UAT contacts? I tried to do a Find in Outlook to find the CRM specific contacts, but you don't seem to be able to find the CRM user defined fields? Strange. Any thoughts? You can see the custom CRM fields on an contact view. Choose a contact view that lists the records in a table form, such as 'Phone List'. Then, choose to customize ...

DPM discovery of new sharepoint sites and sub sites
DPM beta 2010 with SP 2007 As new sites and subsites are added to MOSS they are not immediatly picked up by the next DPM recovery point. Is there a function in DPM that rediscovers the farm? When does it run? It would seem it should do this before each recoverypoint. Thanks You can use Start-AutoProtection cmdlet to update any database level changes that could have happened in the sharepoint Farms. Once it is done one can take the backup. To update the sitecollection in RC we will be providing the Start-CreateCatalog that can be run on a datasource which updates ...