I attempt to erase a tape and every time the DPM console crashes (sometimes
two hours into the tape erase) and there is this error:
*  (000002L4) could not be erased for the following reason: (ID 3308)
*   DPM service terminated unexpectedly during completion of the job. The
termination may have been caused by a system reboot. (ID 910)

I can verify that the server has not rebooted.

I'm using DPM 2007, with June Rollup, on Windows Server (x64) 2008.  The
server is a Dell PowerEdge R710. The tape drive is an LTO4 in a Dell
PowerVault 124T Autoloader.

This error seems to be nascent. Tape backups appear to be taking place.

Any ideas?
-1

Hi,
your dpm engine is crashing while erasing the media. can you look at WER
folder under %ALLUSERSPROFILE %\Microsoft\Windows\WER and see whether any
xml file is generated. if yes, can you paste it here.
also October rollup package is available please install that
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976542/

--
Thanks,
C.Prashanth [MSFT]

"Hmoll" <Hmoll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I attempt to erase a tape and every time the DPM console crashes
> (sometimes
> two hours into the tape erase) and there is this error:
> *  (000002L4) could not be erased for the following reason: (ID 3308)
> *   DPM service terminated unexpectedly during completion of the job. The
> termination may have been caused by a system reboot. (ID 910)
>
> I can verify that the server has not rebooted.
>
> I'm using DPM 2007, with June Rollup, on Windows Server (x64) 2008.  The
> server is a Dell PowerEdge R710. The tape drive is an LTO4 in a Dell
> PowerVault 124T Autoloader.
>
> This error seems to be nascent. Tape backups appear to be taking place.
>
> Any ideas?

File erasing
Hello fellow Newsgroupies, How can I completely erase a file from the hard disk not just 'delete' it? Many thanks, 'Newsgroupie' I'm not an expert on this but I believe the basic approach is overwrite it and then delete it. In fact, it is sometimes possible to detect what a byte value on a hard drive was before being overwritten by another value. So to really eliminate all traces of a file, you would probably want to write alternating bit patterns to a file several times before deleting it. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com &...

Crecordset::addnew functionality fails #2
This problem is about recordset functionality. Actually, When using RFX_Int, value 32484 is being treated as null and can't be entered. So converting RFX_Int into RFX_Long and type casting the variable to long can solve this problem. Look at the link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/170257/en-us But again, value 1246576928 is being treated as null in case of RFX_Long. And when tried to type cast the variable to double, it shows the fractional truncation error and numeric out of range error. So wouid anyone please let me know: 1)How to resolve the issue? 2) How value can be entered in data...

DPM SQL Allocation problems
Running DPM 2010RC backing up SQL 2005 standard all DBs. Both machines are fully up to date with patches etc. Suddenly over the Easter weekend while nobody was working DPM decided to allocate just over 5TB to back up one DB on the SQL server. This is all the remaining space in the storage pool and is therefore now causing problems with other backups. At the start of April this DB was using 18GB of allocated space then on the 3rd of April is grabbed 5160.13GB for no reason. The DB itself is approx 10GB Does anyone have any clue on why this would happen or on best practice ...

error opening address book when adding an appointment
I have used Outlook 2000 before but when I loaded it on my new compouter that runs Microsoft Vista I have been unable to add an apointment in the calendar. I always get a message "An error occured when attempting to open the Windows Adress Book. Unable to find the WAB DLL." Excel and Word are working fine. I don't use Outlook for e-mail. And am not trying to link the apointment with anyone else. You are using Outlook 2000 in Internet Only Mode. It is not compatible with Vista. You'll need to run one of the functional versions of Outlook. -- Russ Valentine ...

OE6 Error Logon
Using Outlook Express 6, I have just set up a talktalk.net email adress. On opening OE I get the log on screen:Please enter username & password for the following server. Logon mail.talktalk.net. The details are already there but I enter them again, press OK but then the screen appears again. When I press cancel, I get the following - Problem login. Password rejected.Account: 'mail.talktalk.net', Server: 'mail.talktalk.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR 'Authorisation failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: ...

DNS test connect to mail servers failed
I ran a DNS test from dnsreport.com and got a failure on "Connect to mail servers". The message was: ERROR: I could not complete a connection to one or more of your mailservers: mail.itsatx.com: The mailserver terminated the connection before the transaction was complete (state 4). This is not RFC compliant, and therefore either due to an error, or it may be the result of a non-RFC-compliant mailserver or non-RFC-compliant anti-spam program. Does anyone know how to correct this or what properties I need to adjust? Bruce Along the lines of my response to your other post, do yo...

Error with imports and manual transaction entering.
When i tried imported a bank statement today money would now show the transactions but has the (* new) transactions next to the account even tho the actual transaction does not show. After this failed import i cannot enter transactions in manually either. It says an error has occurred so i try again and it puts the transaction in but the value is wildly off (10-100 times the value i entered). I restored a backup from yesterday and the manual transaction methods works correctly now but once i try importing a bank statement it corrupts the Money program again. Please help? I enter transa...

Reimport XML fails
Followed the instructions here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA011019641033.aspx#create_map to import an RSS feed for Craig's List: http://newjersey.craigslist.org/zip/index.rss. It works great the first time, but if I want to update it, nothing happens??? Do I have to save the file each time and start with a fresh empty file with just the mapping? LMK - TIA ed ...

Error 1309. Error reading from file: Settings\Administration\My Documents\SKU011.CAB
To whom it migh concern. I have a user that is having problems with his Office 2003. When he is starting Outlook, the following message appears: Error 1309. Error reading from file: Settings\Administration\My Documents\SKU011.CAB I know that all the Office 2003 installations files is on the computer. How can I solve this problem. Thank you in advance. Dag N It means the installation somehow got damaged. Start setup and see if running the "Repair" option works for you. If not, reinstall Office 2003 completely; no Outlook data will be lost in the process but i...

New case creation error
Hi I have CRM 3.0 installed in a production server with windows 2003 server sp1, SQL server 2000 sp4 working well for several months but now when I try to create a new case the system display the following: An error has ocurred.For more information, contact your system administrator Thanks a lot. Gilbert ...

Free Busy Publish error
I have a test lab with E2K3 and E5.5 coexisting (happily) in a W2K SP4 domain (ADC running). However, every night I receive the following error on my E2K3 server: MSExchangeFBPublish 8278 Error occurred while deleting duplicate free/busy messages on <E2K3 server> error 0x80004005 I cannot find any information anywhere as to why I am receiving this error, or how to fix it. Anybody help? Thanks Peter ...

DB Maintenance Plan With Exec SQL Server Agent Job Task
Running SQL 2005 Standard with current sp's. I have a DB maintenance job. That job also has an "Execute SQL Server Agent Job Task" step in it - at the top. During my testing, if I set that Agent job step to fail and run it manually outside of the Mainteance Plan and it failes. When the same "test fail" agent task runs in the maintenance plan, it continues to run. The constraint for that Agent job task in the DB maintneance plan is SUCCESSFULL. It should not be continuing the run but it does. Any ideas? That is by design - since the Execute SQL Server Agent...

Backup servers as VHD to tape
DPM 2007 SP1 on Windows 2008 SP2 32-bit We have a SAN for disk-to-disk backup and a tape library for disk-to-tape archive I would like to be able to write to tape as VHD file (for each server) so that we can restore them as VM in a DR scenario Is it something DPM can handle or we'll need 3rd party application? Thanks Bill Can you please elaborate little bit more on it? If I understand it correctly you want to backup applications/files to a tape in a vhd format so that they can be recovered as a VM later. If you want to protect Hyper-V VMs to tape its al...

Closing wizard catalog -error in MSPUB.exe 2000
Just installed Office 2000 onto Win XP Pro. Fully updated both via Win Update, Off Update. Open Publisher, cancel catalogue. Generates error to send to microsoft: Module : MSPUB.exe Ver 6.0.1.438 at address 0x000a37d2. Same version works fine on another different laptop. Anyone have any idea. Searched MS - no joy. Thanks CXP Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from CXP <whitesmorenet@hotmail.com> > Just installed Office 2000 onto Win XP Pro. Fully updated > both via Win Update, Off Update. > Open Publisher, cancel catalogue. Ge...

SUMIF ERROR
I'm getting an error on a SUMIF function. Any idea on how to correct this error? =SUMIF(D192,">25",E176*.0875) I'm trying to calculate a result in cell D176 if the value of D192 is >25. If the answer is true for D192 then I want Excel to take the value of E176*.0875. I have the SUMIF FUNCTION in cell D176. -- webonethx You need to put the *0.0875 outside the bracket, like this: =3DSUMIF(D192,">25",E176)*0.0875 Another way, as you are not summing from a range, is: =3DIF(D192>25,E176,0)*0.0875 Hope this helps. Pete On De...

Error 401 when accessing autodiscover
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange We are trying to setup the web services edition but we hit an error trying to setup the account. When we run Entourage, we enter our email address and check the box for an exchange account. We click ok on the kerberos window and then we get a message that the client cannot be configured. We turned on logging and the client find the autodiscover DNS record but receives a 401 error when trying to access the autodiscover.xml file. We can configure the client manually but when we first try to run ...

Hi I am logged on as Domain administrator and have installed Office 2000 twice over.. I am getting the following error, and I have put it into Microsoft Support but it comes up with nothing. The error is "Unknown Error 0xAF54011D You Do not have permission to log on" any Ideas thanks It helps telling where you get this error and where you are trying to connect to. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "News" <sasa@sdfad.com> wrote in message ...

Trendline erases chart name
When I add a trendline, the chart name gets changed to "Chart Title." The name can be seen in the Chart Objects drop box, if I scroll down enough. When I add the tendline, I'm leaving the Chart Title box marked as automatic, but it still replaces the name to Chart Title. (The name on my charts just comes from the data field that is above numerical data when I create the chart.) I have a lot of charts to go through, >100, so any help in retaining the name without having to retype it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! I cannot think how this can happen. Email me the fi...

Send As from Public Folder address fails to external recipients
I am unable to send emails from a Public Folder address and need some help troubleshooting the issue. I am running Exchange 2003 SP2 in native mode on Windows Server 2003. We just started moving mailboxes to a replacement back end server. The new back-end server was already holding a Public Folder that is mail enabled. Administrators were able to send emails as from this public folder's email address when their mailboxes were on the original back end server that also has the SMTP connector. Once we moved these Administrators' mailboxes to the new back end server, they are on...

GoalSeek 1004 Error
I am trying to use the GoalSeek function in my VBA, but am unable to get it to work, I have been getting 1004 error Here is the line that seems to cause the 1004 error Worksheets("Data Sheet").Cells(1, 203).GoalSeek Goal:=Worksheets("Data Sheet").Cells(1, 201).Value, _ Changingcell:=Worksheets("Data Sheet").Cells(1, 202) Please let me know if you need more info. Thank you, Hi Nothing seems to be wrong with the line. What is the error description more than error 1004 ? Do you have the formula etc. in row 1 column 201:203 ? Hop...

can't send/receive, connection to server failed
Hi, I just set up my Windows Vista Mail so it retrieves the emails from our website. Previously I was using the webmail. I did it all with the help of Fasthosts Support over the phone and it downloaded 14 messages fine. But since then when I Send/ Receive All it gives this message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fasthost windows mail info', Account: 'mail.concrete-publishing.com', Server: 'smtp.fasthosts.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Fasthosts say it may have to do wit...

Outlook is erasing my emails from my yahoo
Hello, and I do have one question. I started outlook on my computer, I have no problems with outlook itself. But when I am away from my home computer and when I access my yahoo account there are no email there. Later went home and all my emails are on outlook. How do I get my email to stay on yahoo and outlook. And is there a ways to get those email from out look back on my yahoo.com V/r Ray Donegan Jr. "rdoneganjr" <rdoneganjr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95EE9059-E736-4D81-9D17-B80522C4BDFE@microsoft.com... > Hello, and I do have ...

Save operation on table MOP_Order_MSTR failed accesing SQL Data
I am getting the above message, when entering the MO entry window in V10, SP4 Any idea why? -- Doug Doug, that is a very generic error and won't tell anyone anything other than something didn't work when trying to read a MFG table (the MOP_Order_MSTR) table. If you press the "More Info" button your client will give you the SQL error that was returned. Review or post that error message and someone should be able to help you. patrick developer support PS v10.0 is only up to SP1 so far, not SP4. I doubt the version matters in this case but you never know. -- Thi...

Why always display these error messages?
Hello all: I create a diglog using vc,and then insert a dialog.then select ClassWizard,and create a new class, and I do that:write CAbc in Name,select CDialog in Base class,and press OK,but it always display: Unable to open the files(abc.h,abc.cpp) for class "CAbc", I want to know what error in my steps.But I find the new class is created. thanks. (I create a new class derive dialog like this before ,it never display these error messages) Are you using Norton AV with VS6 ? I used to get similar errors until I turned NAV off. Lee Tow wrote: > Hello all: > I create a diglog...

Exchange 2003 Recurring Errors
Hi all - thanks in advance for any help with this. I have a single-server Exchange 2003 enviornment. In the app log of the server I am getting the following recurring errors: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 2037 Date: 10/6/2004 Time: 9:26:46 AM User: N/A Computer: MAIL1 Description: The file version of '\address\smtp\i386\inproxy.dll' installed on the local server is not current. Unable to locate a correct version on any server in the site. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 2027 Date:...