Backing up CCR Passive node with DPM (block level)?

Hello Please check the link from the technet forums I posted.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-GB/exchangesvravailabilityandisasterrecovery/thread/fb88bed7-c024-4585-b58d-a8ef58176fc4

Suggested to check out the new threads instead. Basically there is an option
in DPM to always choose the passive node in a CCR cluster. I've heard there
is a problem though where a consistency check is required and it can transfer
up to 90% of the data.

Why is DPM doing a block level? Isnt it easier to just check the log files
and the database files instead? I'm not an expert by any means, so please
educate!

Thanks
-1

Outlook blocked access to this potentially unsafe attachment #2
I got an email with an .exe attachment says outlook blocked access to this potentially unsafe attachment I know its safe as I have been waiting for this from a friend How I receive it? Outlook 2003 http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, john asked: | I got an email with an .exe attachment says outlook bloc...

Get pointer to parent of parent (2 levels back)
My application is dialog-based. The App creates a dialog. The dialog creates a property sheet. The property sheet creates 4 property pages. The dialog opens a file. I want the property pages to be able to write to the file. How can I get access back to that file pointer? I found m_pParentWnd in the Property Page. But, I can't go back like this m_pParentWnd->m_pParentWnd to get two levels back. I thought about passing the pointer to the CFile in via the contructors of the dialog, then to the sheet, then to the pages but I am not sure how to do that either. Any help is greatly app...

Getting HTML back out of XML
I'm having a hell of a time figuring this out. ;o) OK, thanks to Oleg, I finally figured out how to get XHTML in my XML by using writeRaw to get it to not encode the XHTML going in. However, I can't get it back out. I'm transforming my XML using XSLT: Dim trasformedXML As New System.IO.StringWriter xslt.Transform(doc, Nothing, trasformedXML, Nothing) lbl_rulesText.Text = trasformedXML.ToString The element that also has XHTML in it is transformed SANS the HTML tags. <xsl:value-of select="text" /> That's returning the text of the node, but none of the HTML ...

DPM 2010 Agent Incompatible Alert
I have two DPM 2010 servers running on Win2K8 R2 - a primary and a secondary. Both servers were working fine on DPM 2010 RC. After I upgraded to DPM 2010 RTM, I am getting an 'Agent incompatible' status on two of my protected servers on the secondary DPM server. Both protected servers are getting good backups on the primary server. One of the servers is SharePoint and the other is SQL Server. However, the latest recovery points show current recovery points for both servers. It appears that the backup from primary server to secondary server are occurring successfully. How ...

Backing up Notes in Outlook
I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the outlook.pst file? thank you for any help or suggestions Jerry "jer&liz" <jerliz@home> wrote in message news:eQBTNYi8HHA.5404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any >other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the >outlook.pst file? No, not unless you're using an Exchange Server. Well, you could manually copy the notes to a diff...

How to get BCC line back into my email as a default
I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line back into my email format and I would like that set as the default for all my email correspondence. Also am unsure how to put a VCard signature into my email - had it all set up before, but can't remember how I did it. Thanks! MuckyBeast <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot > of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line > back into my email format and I would like tha...

Text not continuing to wrap for large block of text in Excel cell
I'm trying to enter a large block of text into a cell. I have the cell formatted to wrap text, but after I've typed in a certain amount of text it stopps wrapping and all the text entered after that point continues on the same line out of the visible cell. Dragging the bottom of the cell down does not make the text appear. Line breaks in a cell can be enforced by <Alt>+<Enter>. Pls note the max cell width is 255 chars. "Mandra" wrote: > I'm trying to enter a large block of text into a cell. I have the cell > formatted to wrap text, but after...

Messages not reaching recipients or bouncing back
1 user has found this week that all mail she has sent have simply disappeared! Emails sent to a variety of destination email addresses - no bouncebacks, but none have been received. We investigated & found this to be true. Test messages are definitely leaving our server, and at least arriving at the mail server that we forward to (though they have not been able to confirm that they have left that server). This is what we've tried so far:- 1) We virus-checked the user's PC - none found - virus definitions up to date & we have good firewall + rules to prevent users rec...

Multi Level
Does any one know of a template that I can use to auto formulate compensation and % for a multi-level marketing plan? Thanks, Butter ...

back up restore
Hi- I have made back up, how do i restore (rms1.2)? thanks in SO Administrator, Database/Create This creates a new DB instance from your backup file. You will either have to choose a different DB name than the existing database, or DROP the database by using Query/New first. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "bh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

backing up to cd #3
I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. However whenever I try it I get the message "You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission." (I am the owner). I am using Money 98. PLEASE HELP! I don't wan't to lose this information when I plug in my new upgraded computer, so I have to save the file. Terri. In microsoft.public.money, Terri Benshoof wrote: >I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. >However whenever I try it I get the message "You ...

Backing up Contacts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02AC_01CAFAC7.03F51630 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I am able to back up all my e-mails and settings except my Contacts, which has all my friends and family e-mail address. Can anyone tell me how to back up my contacts in Outlook 2003? I would appreciate it if you could CC my e-mail address as well as the newsgroups. Thank You. ______________ David C. Stevens 14 Broadview Avenue Berlin, New Jersey 08009-1618 E-Mail : dcms61@verizon.net and/o...

Blocking with a View
This makes no sense to me. The SELECT below SELECT SE.* FROM vw_UKSEAT SE WITH(NOLOCK) JOIN vw_UKTrans T WITH (NOLOCK) ON SE.AccountDate = T.AccountDate AND SE.VaxEvid = T.VaxEvid AND SE.VaxAcct = T.VaxAcct AND SE.TransNum = T.TransNum WHERE T.Transdate >= ' 01 Jan 10' AND T.TransDate <= ' 20 Jan 10' blocked this UPDATE STATISTICS [dbo].[tbl_event] WITH SAMPLE 15 PERCENT EXEC sp_recompile '[dbo].[tbl_EVENT]' How can a SELECT with a bunch of NOLOCKs block an update stats and/or recompile? A dirty read SELECT shouldn't b...

How can I block an owner change something from other owner
About roles. Can I block a user to change something from another owner. How can I do that? I have a "My Change view"? like in incident Marco Paulo Hi Ferreira, Change the Role. Only allow read access and remove write access on other's data. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com "Ferreira Marco" wrote: > About roles. > > Can I block a user to change something from another owner. How can I do t...

SBS4.5 crashed a while back!!
We have been asked to get involved with retrieving some emails from a EDB backup. The situation is: Server was SBS4.5 running Exchange 5.5. We have the PRIV.EDB and PUB.EDB, but we do not know what the site, organisation names etc. were. Are there any tools that can extract this information for us - we are hoping (and praying!!) to be able to install Exchange 5.5. with the correct details and then restore the EDB files and do a isinteg -patch and see if that gets us going. Any advice greatly appreciated. There are a few pre-requists here. Org name, Site name and Service pack level for...

Blocking Out of Office replies to Internet
Hi, I know the default on Exchange 2000 is to not allow Out of Office replies outside the Exchange organization. I am taking some flak from "Power Users" who say they need this functionality. My arguements for not turning it on are 1. Potential message looping 2. Spammers can validate the existance of valid email addresses. Does anyone have any concrete locations of official policy (e.g. Micorsoft KBs, security best practices) on this issue so I can direct my management to? Thanks I don't think you'll find a Best Practice, as this really pertains more to company need. ...

Outlook 2003 Email Immediate Bounce Back
I'm having an odd problem with outgoing email in Outlook 2003. I just got a new laptop w/XP Pro and loaded the MS Office Standard Suite w/SP1. I also downloaded and installed Office SP3. I set up Outlook email w/all my POP3 settings and tested the settings in Outlook -- all fine. Incoming email is no problem. However for some outgoing emails, I get an immediate (and I mean instantaneous) bounce-back message that looks like the following: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test Sent: 2/5/2010 12:13 PM The following re...

How to block a MAIL FORWARD RULE
Hi all, I found that some users in my organization are seting a rule to forward all the incomming mail in his mailbox to a extarnal mail provider account like hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc. Is there any way to block this server based rule ? I know that if this rule is at client level (outlook) there is nothing I can do to block the rule, but the rule that my users are using is a server based rule that works when they are not using any client...... so ... does any one knows how to block this rule? Thanks & regards !! BRINO! BRINO wrote: > Sorry.... It was a kid's question !! ...

DPM2010 and backing up Vm's on Hyper-V servers in a cluster
I have installed DPM Protection agent on a Hyper V server 2008-R2 and i automatically see the VM (child snapshot....) on the Hyper-V in DPM2010 if i want to backup the VM using DPM2010. And i can take a backup of the Hyper-V volumes and of the child VM. So far, so good. I have installed DPM Protection agent on 1 of the Hyper-V servers Win2008-R2 forming together a cluster. I can backup the Hyper-V volumes with DPM2010 but i don't see in DPM2020 my VMs on that Hyper V server. And so i cannot select it to back it up. No child snapshot line is there ... And i don't know why...

Back
is it my imagination or is there a forumla that you can use to go BACK to the previous sheet that you were on....or am i just imagining it? somthing like =()back and if it actually does work how do i actually put it into the workbook?:confused: --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ No such formula that I know of, but it is to create one It's fairly simple. Put this code in a normal code module Public iCurrSheet As Long Public iPrevSheet As Long Sub GoBack() If iCurrSheet <> iPrevSheet Then Worksheets(iPrevSheet).Activate End If End Sub and this ...

Multi-Level Category Gridlines
Hi, I'm looking to create a column chart which will have a multi level category (2 categories). I'd like to output this chart so that the major gridlines split the columns where the second of the two categories chages. E.g. i may have a category for yearly quarters and below this one for semesters. I would in the case want lines going vertically through the chart where the semester chages. Is this possible in Excel 2007, if so could someone please shed some light on how to do this. Thanks, G Hi, The simplest thing is to use an additional data series and create your own grid...

Back-Up Data & Delete Data
I am curious, is there a way to back up my current data and then go into RMS Admin, so that I can delete it and start fresh? Would I be able to recover my database once it's been deleted? "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:7D52BA8C-FF21-4947-94EE-6E9732146984@microsoft.com... >I am curious, is there a way to back up my current data and then go into >RMS > Admin, so that I can delete it and start fresh? Would I be able to > recover > my database once it's been deleted? No... You could backup your current da...

Move contact subfolders back to categories
Did a click & drag of some categories to contact subfolders, how do I get them back to categories? Once again, please, with more clarity. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "sdm918" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ae3d01c44f21$e25e4340$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Did a click & drag of some categories to contact > subfolders, how do I get them back to categories? ...

Urgent
Had the reinstall RMS 1.3R and patches on a test machine since my backoffice computer crashed. Now I get Tool ID already exist - when i try to access SO Manager. No problems with SO Administrator - I can do queries no problem. This machine had the demo version pos2009 installed on it which I removed before installing RMS 1.3R Plus Patches... WinXP all patches Dan This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_015F_01CA3868.BD086A40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dan, You have a bad report file. C...

Edit title block
There is a title block provided by Visio (contemporary) that I'd like to edit and remove the date field. Is there a way to do this? If so, how!? If not, how can I create this title block myself WITHOUT the date field? Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated. On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 09:02:01 -0800, Keith <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >There is a title block provided by Visio (contemporary) that I'd like to edit >and remove the date field. > >Is there a way to do this? If so, how!? If not, how can I create this >title block myself W...