Adding a second NIC for DPM Backups

We currently have DPM 2007 deployed and it is working fine on our 192.168.x.x
network. We have added a second NIC to our DPM server and connected this NIC
to a seperate 172.18.2.x network that we are calling the "Backup Network". We
would like all DPM backup traffic to use the 172.18.2.x network to transmit
backup data to DPM, which still using the primary 192.168.x.x NIC to be able
to communicate with AD and so on.

What is the easiest way to configure DPM or the server DPM clients to have
it transmit DPM data over the 172.18.2.x network rather than using the
192.168.x.x network?

It seems to me that you would need to make some sort of change within DPM to
support this, rather than making changes to the network.

Take a look at this article:

Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA
Houston, TX
http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
http://publications.sivarajan.com/

"David Stellmack" <David Stellmack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7028FE93-519D-4C9E-93D7-DD92EC8BEB11@microsoft.com...
> We currently have DPM 2007 deployed and it is working fine on our
> 192.168.x.x
> network. We have added a second NIC to our DPM server and connected this
> NIC
> to a seperate 172.18.2.x network that we are calling the "Backup Network".
> We
> would like all DPM backup traffic to use the 172.18.2.x network to
> transmit
> backup data to DPM, which still using the primary 192.168.x.x NIC to be
> able
> to communicate with AD and so on.
>
> What is the easiest way to configure DPM or the server DPM clients to have
> it transmit DPM data over the 172.18.2.x network rather than using the
> 192.168.x.x network?
>
> It seems to me that you would need to make some sort of change within DPM
> support this, rather than making changes to the network.

0
Santhosh

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

When adding attachments...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Adding Collapse/Expand to Publisher 2003 items
Hi I'm trying to enter a text box which may be expanded/Collapsed as follows: > More Info... > Next Item... > More Info... When you want bla bla bla, do bla bla bla, > Next Item... Can anyone tell me how to implement it?! Thank you 'bla bla bla' is the sound of geckos mating - so the naturalists tell me. No, you cannot do what you want. Your answer is rude & arrogant. I don't know why would anyone put you in a position to Accept calls for help. Besides - I don't believe it can't be done. Please don't call again "*...

adding lines to added data
I have added data to an existing worksheet but when printed the row lines and column border lines do not show. How do I add the lines to the added border to match the existing lines? ...

adding new users in AD but not Exchange
How do we change the defaults when adding a new user, to not have "Create an Exchange mailbox" as the default? We are rolling out Exchange, but not to all new users at this time. -- Greg Stigers, MCSA remember to vote for the answers you like Create the users from a box that doesn't have the Exchange admin tools installed? "Greg Stigers, MCSA" <gregstigers+wmsn@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:ee4tHm0LFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How do we change the defaults when adding a new user, to not have "Create > an Exchange mailbox" as ...

custom number- minutes:seconds.hundredths how to hide a leading z
Hi, I'm running up a simple sheet to enter/display times for a sporting event. As such, I have set a custom format of m:ss.00 and can enter a time of 1 (minute) 10 (seconds) 24 (hundredths) to show as 1:10.24 (this parts OK). But if the time is less than a minute, say 55.24 (seconds) I get 0:55.24 which although functional, looks messy. It also requires the person to enter the leading "0:". Is there a way to a)stop the leading "0:" from showing, and b)not require entering the "0:" for times less than a minute? --- pbw For your custom format: [<...

Multiple vlookup and adding values together
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to find a way to locate all categories in a table that says for ex &quot;good.&quot; Each of these have a number associated to them which I am trying to add together. <br><br>So lets say my table has ten rows of data, three of those rows have a column that is termed &quot;good.&quot; So what I want that to do is then take those three rows with &quot;good&quot; and add the numeric values together that are entered in another column which are each of those three rows...

Adding 1 year's difference to user's input of yyyy-yyyy?
If a user inputs 2000-2001, or 2007-2008, is there a way to formulaically have the cell underneath increase by one year? i.e., if in B2 the user input, say, 2005-2006, B3 would show 2006-2007 and B4 would show 2007-2008, etc. down the column? Thank you! :oD Try this: =IF(B2="","",VALUE(LEFT(B2,4))+1 &"-"& VALUE(RIGHT(B2,4))+1) and copy down the column for as many as you need. Hope this helps. Pete On May 29, 3:16 pm, "StargateFanFromWork" <NoS...@NoJunk.com> wrote: > If a user inputs 2000-2001, or 2007-2008, is there a way t...

Adding new rows including formula
I want to create a spreadsheet to allow some resource scheduling. The cells in the rows will contain a number of formula such as lookups etc. I want to allow the user to insert a new row but for the row to include the formula etc. I'm sure this must be fairly easy but I just can't see it. Hope someon can point me in the right direction. Hi Edward, I don't know about easy, I had help after obtaining the closest solution from the archives and then from getting the missing pieces from the newsgroup. Insert a Row using a Macro to maintain formulas http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/e...

adding pictures
Hi all, I am enquiring is it possible to add a picture to each line in a table.Some may be blank and some may have pictures on it. The table is run as a search form and that is up and running though i am trying to add pictures of people to go with there information I am just wondering is this possible and if so how. and if it is possible Where does the picture go that are saved. Thank you for any help Paul paul@www.omachx.com See answer provided in another newsgroup where you posted this question. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Paul (OMAC HX)" <paul@www...

Automatic Backup
Anyone know how I can automatically setup a backup for the 2.0 RMS. I use to use sql server 2000 enterprise manager and just schedule the backup. the new one using the new 2005 sql doesn't let me schedule a "maintenance" since its running the free version of sql server. hi, I have sql schedule for this and if you like I will send it to you. Developed in C# and name is sqlschedular. you can do anytime backup automatically I have setup this for my stores and 100% working. send your email to me at alwani89#hotmail Akber "Pr0ject" wrote: > Anyone know how I can...

Off topic: VB6 question