2010 RC: Feedback

Hi there,

thanks for the RC. I'm still experimenting. So far things are looking good,
except for those four things:
1. Couldn't update the agents on some computers. (The "Needs update" -> "5%"
-> "Error" -> "Needs update" problem). I believe this will be fixed in RTM?
2. Backups on disconnected clients are still too resource intensive. Doing
the shadow copy and reading it is still done with normal I/O priority. It
just took me 17 seconds to switch from one browser tab to another... How can
you expect me to deploy this?!? (This happens when a lot of data changed
[long], after the replica becomes inconsistent [very long] or a shadow copy
is performed [short])
3. Can't perform item-level recovery from protected Hyper-V VMs. Because I
run DPM in a Hyper-V VM too and therefore can't install the Hyper-V role.
4. Bare metal recovery is not supported for disconnected clients? It'd be
useful there too.

(Also "About Microsoft Data Protection Manager" doesn't show a version number)

Regards,
Simon

hi Simon

 Thanks for the insightful feedback.

Issue 1:
    What was your previous build before upgrade to RC.
   we need to look at the upgrade logs from you to see why this is
happening.  On your PS box collect following C:\windows\temp\msdpm*
   On DPM logs from location %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft DPM\DPM\Temp\*.errlog
are required to investigate the issue further.

Issue 2:
   Regarding performance issue you are talking about in clients, Issue is
present in pre RC builds. We fixed multiple issues in RC. And if you are
still seeing that issue for some reason in RC let us know.

Issue 3:
   For ILR to work, Hyper V role is required on DPM. this is by design. we
raise an alert to this end.

 Regarding BMR for clients, we take your feedback here & consider this in
future releases as currently we are close to ship time.

Regards,
vrmurthy

"Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> thanks for the RC. I'm still experimenting. So far things are looking
> good,
> except for those four things:
> 1. Couldn't update the agents on some computers. (The "Needs update" ->
> "5%"
> -> "Error" -> "Needs update" problem). I believe this will be fixed in
> RTM?
> 2. Backups on disconnected clients are still too resource intensive. Doing
> the shadow copy and reading it is still done with normal I/O priority. It
> just took me 17 seconds to switch from one browser tab to another... How
> can
> you expect me to deploy this?!? (This happens when a lot of data changed
> [long], after the replica becomes inconsistent [very long] or a shadow
> copy
> is performed [short])
> 3. Can't perform item-level recovery from protected Hyper-V VMs. Because I
> run DPM in a Hyper-V VM too and therefore can't install the Hyper-V role.
> 4. Bare metal recovery is not supported for disconnected clients? It'd be
> useful there too.
>
> (Also "About Microsoft Data Protection Manager" doesn't show a version
> number)
>

> Regards,
> Simon

0
vrmurthy
2/12/2010 6:28:38 AM
"vrmurthy[MSFT]" wrote:

> Issue 1:
>     What was your previous build before upgrade to RC.
>    we need to look at the upgrade logs from you to see why this is
> happening.  On your PS box collect following C:\windows\temp\msdpm*
>    On DPM logs from location %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft DPM\DPM\Temp\*.errlog
> are required to investigate the issue further.

Where should I send them to? vrmurthy@microsoft.com?

Btw: A manual install (execute the AC & RA setups, and setDpmServer) fixed
the problem.

> Issue 2:
>    Regarding performance issue you are talking about in clients, Issue is
> present in pre RC builds. We fixed multiple issues in RC. And if you are
> still seeing that issue for some reason in RC let us know.

The problems I'm seeing are in RC.

> Issue 3:
>    For ILR to work, Hyper V role is required on DPM. this is by design. we
> raise an alert to this end.
>
>  Regarding BMR for clients, we take your feedback here & consider this in
> future releases as currently we are close to ship time.

I gues the "close to ship time" applies to issue 3 too. Hope you can add
this functionality in a future update or find a workaround (copy some
binaries/drivers over from a server with the Hyper-V role installed, maybe?).
ILR would be extremly useful for us.

DPM2010 is cool. Almost every single feature you added is useful to me!

Wish you a nice weekend,
Simon
Can you look at the task manager and see which process is consuming the CPU?

> "vrmurthy[MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Issue 1:
>>     What was your previous build before upgrade to RC.
>>    we need to look at the upgrade logs from you to see why this is
>> happening.  On your PS box collect following C:\windows\temp\msdpm*
>>    On DPM logs from location %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft
>> DPM\DPM\Temp\*.errlog
>> are required to investigate the issue further.
>
> Where should I send them to? vrmurthy@microsoft.com?
>
> Btw: A manual install (execute the AC & RA setups, and setDpmServer) fixed
> the problem.
>

>> Issue 2:
>>    Regarding performance issue you are talking about in clients, Issue is
>> present in pre RC builds. We fixed multiple issues in RC. And if you are
>> still seeing that issue for some reason in RC let us know.
>
> The problems I'm seeing are in RC.
>

>> Issue 3:
>>    For ILR to work, Hyper V role is required on DPM. this is by design.
>> we
>> raise an alert to this end.
>>
>>  Regarding BMR for clients, we take your feedback here & consider this in
>> future releases as currently we are close to ship time.
>
> I gues the "close to ship time" applies to issue 3 too. Hope you can add
> this functionality in a future update or find a workaround (copy some
> binaries/drivers over from a server with the Hyper-V role installed,
> maybe?).
> ILR would be extremly useful for us.
>
> DPM2010 is cool. Almost every single feature you added is useful to me!
>
> Wish you a nice weekend,
> Simon

0
Gaurav
2/16/2010 5:22:33 AM
        Thanks for raising your concern on Hyper-V dependency for ILR. But
as of today there is no known workaround exists. We will consider fixing it
in future releases.

Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]

"Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "vrmurthy[MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Issue 1:
>>     What was your previous build before upgrade to RC.
>>    we need to look at the upgrade logs from you to see why this is
>> happening.  On your PS box collect following C:\windows\temp\msdpm*
>>    On DPM logs from location %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft
>> DPM\DPM\Temp\*.errlog
>> are required to investigate the issue further.
>
> Where should I send them to? vrmurthy@microsoft.com?
>
> Btw: A manual install (execute the AC & RA setups, and setDpmServer) fixed
> the problem.
>

>> Issue 2:
>>    Regarding performance issue you are talking about in clients, Issue is
>> present in pre RC builds. We fixed multiple issues in RC. And if you are
>> still seeing that issue for some reason in RC let us know.
>
> The problems I'm seeing are in RC.
>

>> Issue 3:
>>    For ILR to work, Hyper V role is required on DPM. this is by design.
>> we
>> raise an alert to this end.
>>
>>  Regarding BMR for clients, we take your feedback here & consider this in
>> future releases as currently we are close to ship time.
>
> I gues the "close to ship time" applies to issue 3 too. Hope you can add
> this functionality in a future update or find a workaround (copy some
> binaries/drivers over from a server with the Hyper-V role installed,
> maybe?).
> ILR would be extremly useful for us.
>
> DPM2010 is cool. Almost every single feature you added is useful to me!
>
> Wish you a nice weekend,
> Simon

0
Praveen
2/16/2010 8:55:00 AM
The problem is not the CPU usage but the disk usage (disk trashing). This is
caused by System & DPMRA.exe.

"Gaurav Gupta [MSFT]" wrote:

> Can you look at the task manager and see which process is consuming the CPU?
>
> "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > "vrmurthy[MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> Issue 1:
> >>     What was your previous build before upgrade to RC.
> >>    we need to look at the upgrade logs from you to see why this is
> >> happening.  On your PS box collect following C:\windows\temp\msdpm*
> >>    On DPM logs from location %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft
> >> DPM\DPM\Temp\*.errlog
> >> are required to investigate the issue further.
> >
> > Where should I send them to? vrmurthy@microsoft.com?
> >
> > Btw: A manual install (execute the AC & RA setups, and setDpmServer) fixed
> > the problem.
> >

> >> Issue 2:
> >>    Regarding performance issue you are talking about in clients, Issue is
> >> present in pre RC builds. We fixed multiple issues in RC. And if you are
> >> still seeing that issue for some reason in RC let us know.
> >
> > The problems I'm seeing are in RC.
> >

> >> Issue 3:
> >>    For ILR to work, Hyper V role is required on DPM. this is by design.
> >> we
> >> raise an alert to this end.
> >>
> >>  Regarding BMR for clients, we take your feedback here & consider this in
> >> future releases as currently we are close to ship time.
> >
> > I gues the "close to ship time" applies to issue 3 too. Hope you can add
> > this functionality in a future update or find a workaround (copy some
> > binaries/drivers over from a server with the Hyper-V role installed,
> > maybe?).
> > ILR would be extremly useful for us.
> >
> > DPM2010 is cool. Almost every single feature you added is useful to me!
> >
> > Wish you a nice weekend,
> > Simon
>

> .

hi Simon,

 Sorry for the delayed mail.
 Can you explain the details of performance issues you are seeing for Client
protection. This issue is quite important for us.
Below are some simple questions to understand your protection environment to
get a direction on how to proceed further:
1) What is the hardware configuration(RAM, CPU) of the client machine? what
is the OS running? Do you see the perf issue on all the clients?
2) How many files are chosen on the client for protection? What is the total
size? Are there some prominent files (by size like OST) that keep changing?
3) What is the CPU usage(%) when the initial backup is happening? Who is the
top user in terms of CPU at this time?
4) What is the CPU usage when backups after the initial are happening? Who
is the top user in terms of CPU at this time?
5) what is the responsiveness of UI when backup is running 3, 4 - is it bad
on both cases?
6) What is the typical size of data transferred in the backup operation on
this machine?

Apart for this, we want to know what is the deployment size for client that
you have currently & plan in the near term.

You can mail the logs to the below address.

thanks,
Venkat.

"Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "vrmurthy[MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Issue 1:
>>     What was your previous build before upgrade to RC.
>>    we need to look at the upgrade logs from you to see why this is
>> happening.  On your PS box collect following C:\windows\temp\msdpm*
>>    On DPM logs from location %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft
>> DPM\DPM\Temp\*.errlog
>> are required to investigate the issue further.
>
> Where should I send them to? vrmurthy@microsoft.com?
>
> Btw: A manual install (execute the AC & RA setups, and setDpmServer) fixed
> the problem.
>

>> Issue 2:
>>    Regarding performance issue you are talking about in clients, Issue is
>> present in pre RC builds. We fixed multiple issues in RC. And if you are
>> still seeing that issue for some reason in RC let us know.
>
> The problems I'm seeing are in RC.
>

>> Issue 3:
>>    For ILR to work, Hyper V role is required on DPM. this is by design.
>> we
>> raise an alert to this end.
>>
>>  Regarding BMR for clients, we take your feedback here & consider this in
>> future releases as currently we are close to ship time.
>
> I gues the "close to ship time" applies to issue 3 too. Hope you can add
> this functionality in a future update or find a workaround (copy some
> binaries/drivers over from a server with the Hyper-V role installed,
> maybe?).
> ILR would be extremly useful for us.
>
> DPM2010 is cool. Almost every single feature you added is useful to me!
>
> Wish you a nice weekend,
> Simon

0
vrmurthy
2/16/2010 1:10:21 PM
1) The machine I work with most (and therefore noticed the problem most
often) has a Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4 GHz and 4GB RAM. It's a notebook, has a
relatively slow hard disk and runs Windows 7 x64.

2) I protected everything (all files on C:, the only partition). I prepared
some data warehousing tasks in the last few weeks and created/deleted (MS SQL
& MySQL) databases in the multi-gigabyte range. It also happens that I create
some thousand new files which are used to populate the databases.

Apart from that most people at my office work with CAD files. They copy,
update, delete CAD data. I'd estimate this data usually to have these
properties:
- Size 0.1-2 GB
- People modify 50 parts/assemblies a day --> 200 MB crunch per day

3), 4) CPU usage is very moderate the last time I checked. I think I
remember that it doesn't even fully use a single core. The disks are heavily
used however: I see disk queue lengths >10 over long periods of time.

5) Yep. The only difference is that the first backup takes longer.

6) On my machine, it very much depends on the work I do. When don't deal
with data or CAD files the backups are fine, I can barely notice them. I'd
say that "annoying" backups transfer >100 MB.

There are only 15 people working at our company. I plan to protect all
notebooks of all people. Right now I test drive DPM 2010 RC at home and have
protected two notebooks at work. (In addition to some servers)

Simon

"vrmurthy[MSFT]" wrote:

> [...]
> >> present in pre RC builds. We fixed multiple issues in RC. And if you are
> >> still seeing that issue for some reason in RC let us know.
> >
> > The problems I'm seeing are in RC.
> >

> >> Issue 3:
> >>    For ILR to work, Hyper V role is required on DPM. this is by design.
> >> we
> >> raise an alert to this end.
> >>
> >>  Regarding BMR for clients, we take your feedback here & consider this in
> >> future releases as currently we are close to ship time.
> >
> > I gues the "close to ship time" applies to issue 3 too. Hope you can add
> > this functionality in a future update or find a workaround (copy some
> > binaries/drivers over from a server with the Hyper-V role installed,
> > maybe?).
> > ILR would be extremly useful for us.
> >
> > DPM2010 is cool. Almost every single feature you added is useful to me!

Visual Studio 2010 Quirk?
I am working in VS2010 and right clicked on the Project in the Solution Explorer. Add New Folder. Went into Windows Explorer and copied a few files to this folder. They don't show up in the Solution Explorer, even with a refresh. If I click on the folder and "Open Folder in Windows Explorer" it opens a folder with the URI being "visual studio 2010" Not "Visual Studio 2010" (Notice the case). There is no visual studio 2010 folder, but it shows what is in the "Visual Studio 2010" folder. The Tree view shows both!! Really strange.... I cant e...

MSX 2010 with DPM 2010 RC
I try to backup our (non-clustered) MSX-Server 2010 (3 Databases) with DPM 2010 RC; in the Protection Group Window 'Specify Exchange DAG Protection' comes the message "The selected datasource(s) cannot be configured for copy backup because it is either a standalone Mailbox DB or a replica (ID: 52528). What's the problem? Regards Wolfgang On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:19:01 -0700, WKrauss <WKrauss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I try to backup our (non-clustered) MSX-Server 2010 (3 Databases) with DPM >2010 RC; in the Protection Group Window '...

Page Breaks in OneNote 2010
Is it possible to see where page breaks are when using the infinite page in 2010? If not, is it possible to choose Letter, but keep adding pages to the bottom of the existing page (allows me to see page breaks in an alternative fashion)? The lack of visible page breaks has been a major drawback (one of the few) in my usage of OneNote 2003 and 2007. I did see that if I use the Letter setting, I can continue typing beneath the "page bottom" into the dark gray area beneath, but it would be nice to have the view all white with a dotted line for the page break. Thanks for pointing to thi...

DPM 2010 to DPM 2010 DR on Windows 2008R2 not available?
Hi I recently deployed a DPM 2010 primary and secondary server in our environment (mainly to protect our Exchange 2010 servers). I installed the agent from the secondary DPM server onto the primary. The next step is to select the agent under the Management tab and down the bottom of the screen reveals the version, thottling disabled but it is not showing "Protected computers enabled for Protection" Is there anything that needs to be done in addition to setup the secondary DPM server to protect the primary? If I am not mistaken, you are trying to locate the...

project 2010 timeline view
Hello, What is the purpose of the timeline view? Where you add in specific tasks. Why arn't all tasks in it? Why would you only want to see some tasks? thanks Greg -- In the future, please ask your Project 2010 questions in the following newsgroup: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectprofessional2010general/threads To answer your question, the Timeline view allows you to show a timeline of your project and show only the tasks you want to see as either bars or Callouts. To add any task to the Timeline view, right-click on the name of the task a...

Office 2010 required for SharePoint 2010?
Will Office 2010 be required to utilize SharePoint 2010, or will users still be able to leverage Office 2007 with SharePoint 2010? An answer could be found at the Office 2010 forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 "Paul K" <PaulK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E134C33-8756-4CF0-B241-54BC0EFD0C9C@microsoft.com... > Will Office 2010 be required to utilize SharePoint 2010, or will users > still > be able to leverage Office 2007 with SharePoint 2010? ...

OL 2010 Date (Conversation) view
Hi - can't seem to find a way to fix this in Outlook 2010. My Inbox is set up to group incoming mail by date (Today, Yesterday, Last week, etc). In this new version, it also groups conversations by subject. I thought this was pretty cool, however, it groups unrelated conversations. Meaning, if I have two different senders send me a message, and the subject from both is "Hello" - all of the emails with that subject heading are grouped together. If the list is not expanded, it only shows one name in the From field - so, I have to remember that I had an email from anot...

Exchange 2010: Are the Shared Calendar Issues Resolved?
Hello-- I work for a large corporation that is currently running an Exchange 2007 cluster with clients on a mix of Outlook 2003 and some 2007. We are having issues with delegates and scheduling and have referred them to the article regarding Essential Do's and Don'ts and yet the issues of random calendar items disappearing, etc. etc. continue to occur. See: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011276781033.aspx So, my question is if any of the consequences associated with the items mentioned on the website I referenced are resolved with Exchange 2010 and the ...

intermediate results 2010
intermediate 1st year results 2010 Check intermediate results 2010 Results at http://knowledgeatheaven.blogspot.com/2010/04/intermediate-results-2010.html Please click above link to view the intermediate 1st year 2010 results. ...

outlook 2010 view full message source (headers + source)
hello, in outlook 2003 i could add a registry hack to view the full source of an email message, with the SaveAllMIMENotJustHeaders registry key. i've tried it in Outlook 2010 but it does not seem to work? does anybody know how i can see the complete source of an email message in outlook 2010? i need this to let my spamassassin learn from the spam messages that get through. thank, stig forgot to mention we use also Exchange 2007 maybe that's the problem? but i don't understand why MS does not make this possible when using Exchange? how do people with Exchange get the full mes...

Question about client backups in 2010
I’m very interested in the new client backups from DPM 2010, does anyone know exactly how the backup system will work. From what I understand you can set path and file types not to be backed up, but then does it work on a normal/incremental type backup, or block level. Will the “full” backup only happen one time, and then all future backups be block levels that get applied to full when the retention is up? Basically will it work how DPM works with servers, as in all the data won’t go over the wire after the first full backup? Full backup happens only at one time, all l...

DPM 2010 MP for SCE 2010
Does anyone know when the management pack for DPM 2010 might be available? They were released on the same day as the new all in one solution so wouldn't you think they would work togther? Chris Management pack for DPM 2010 is not yet released. Once its available we will communicate to newsgroup and forums. -- Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. DPM Newsgroup will be deprecated very soon. Please start using DPM TechNet forum at:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/dataprotectionmana...

2010 RC: Feedback
Hi there, thanks for the RC. I'm still experimenting. So far things are looking good, except for those four things: 1. Couldn't update the agents on some computers. (The "Needs update" -> "5%" -> "Error" -> "Needs update" problem). I believe this will be fixed in RTM? 2. Backups on disconnected clients are still too resource intensive. Doing the shadow copy and reading it is still done with normal I/O priority. It just took me 17 seconds to switch from one browser tab to another... How can you expect me to deploy this?!? (...

Visual Web Developer 2010 Express
Hi, I cannot find VWD newsgroup so I post the message here. Just downloaded VWD 2010, would like to know the steps to connect to MySQL 5. I have downloaded MySQL ODBC driver and added into System -> DSN already. Alan T wrote: > Hi, > I cannot find VWD newsgroup so I post the message here. > > Just downloaded VWD 2010, would like to know the steps to connect to MySQL > 5. > I have downloaded MySQL ODBC driver and added into System -> DSN already. > > <http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=connecting+to+mysql+using+odbc+ado....

Excel 2010
Dear Experts Can you pls give information of excel 2010 objects.or any links. http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/tags/Excel+2010/default.aspx "Javed" wrote: > Dear Experts > > Can you pls give information of excel 2010 objects.or any links. > > . > ...

Realistic Hardware Requirements for Project 2010 SQL SERVER BOX
It has been said that the recommended hardware requirements for a Project Server 2010 box is: 64-bit dual quad-core processors 8GB of RAM or more 200GB disk space at RAID 1 Wonder what capacity that would support? We may end up purchasing a new box for this purpose, but I was wondering what would work well as a SQL SERVER box? For example, I'll soon have available a machine with XEON 2 x dual core processors running at 2.33GHZ 4GB RAM 135GB disk space Would this suffice for a Project 2010 SQL Server box for, say 400-500 project managers and 2000-3000 web users? ...

GP 2010 Word Templates
Dear All i install the microsoft word add in and also open xml sdk 2.0 but template option is not available at the time of printing documents. urgent help is required. Take a look at the following article over Developing for Dynamics GP on Modifying Word Templates. http://blogs.msdn.com/b/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2010/05/31/modifying-microsoft-dynamics-gp-2010-word-templates.aspx -- Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.co...

Access 2010 very slow with Sharepoint 2010
working with access 2010 is so slow, every table to open (Sharepoint) and query (even in design mode) takes a long, long time. what could this be? =?Utf-8?B?YW1hY2g=?= <amach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:2523FCCE-609B-4EEB-ABA7-84DB08745B5F@microsoft.com: > working with access 2010 is so slow, every table to open > (Sharepoint) and query (even in design mode) takes a long, long > time. what could this be? What's the bandwidth between you and the Sharepoint server? -- David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/ usenet at dfenton ...

Cannot open 2010 excel attachements in Outlook 2010
Cannot open excel 2010 attachments in Outlook 2010. Anyone else having this issue? Word oppens fine, but not Excel. Thanks! Rod ...

shrink page 2010
Is there still a "shrink 1 page" option in 2010 Word? If so, where? On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 14:46:01 -0800, jwhoopi <jwhoopi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there still a "shrink 1 page" option in 2010 Word? If so, where? Yes, it's available in the Customize Quick Access Toolbar and Customize Ribbon command lists, in the All Commands category. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Is it not still on the toolb...

Outlook 2010 opens with calender
First started in Outlook 2007, I uninstalled 2007, but setting still transferred to 2010. I cannot find in either program, how to switch the default opening back to e-mail -- Art outlook 2007 and older: tools, options, other tab, advanced button - very top option. outlook 2010: file, options, advanced - second option down. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newslett...

Installing framework MSChart control in Web Developer Express 2010
I recently had to upgrade from Web Developer Express 2008 to 2010 (the system crashed so I lost the original installation). When I tried to run my ASP project, which was running fine in 2008, I got multiple messages saying: "Error 96 'Chart1' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level." Chart1 is the name of my chart instance. I have never seen this before. What does it mean, and what do I need to do about it? Of course the easier solution would be to install 2008, but I do not have the install files. Thanks! On Fri, 07 May ...

How do I install DPM 2010 Agent on another DPM 2010 Machine
I have two machines installed with DPM 2010. One is currently backing up my Exchange Server but I wish to use the second one for Offsite Replication/Disaster Recovery. Everytime I try to install the DPM Agent on the primary machine it tells me I am not allowed to install the Agent on a DPM Server. Can you tell me how to install this? You do not need to install agent separately on DPM machine. The agent functionality is made available as part of DPM installation itself. You can go ahead and start the protection. -- “Thanks, Nutesh Garg [MSFT] This posting is provided "...

EFT Cash Receipts Integration
Has anyone here used IM to import Cash Receipts for EFT Receivables? The file imports correctly but does not tell the system that it is an EFT receipt. How can I get the EFT box to be checked in the Cash Receipts Entry window? The customer imports 200+ receipts at a time and does not want to check each box manually, as this worked ok when they were using GP 9.0. What is the best workaround for this? A script in IM for Cash Receipt Type? ...

Hvae the GP 2010 certification exams been release yet?
I cannot find them on Partnersource? If no when are they expected to be released? Thank you in advance for your help. The GP 2010 certification exams have been released, and they are listed on the Prometric web site. There is an announcement on PartnerSource here: https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/worldwide/northamerica/us_recent/gp= 2010exams.htm?printpage=3Dfalse&stext=3Dgp 2010 exam On Aug 31, 7:40=A0am, Tom S <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot find them on Partnersource? > > If no when are they expected to be released? &...