your microsoft crm server application has not yet been upgraded. Upgrade microsoft crm server first, and then try upgrading Microsoft crm sales for outlook again

Help me,

I'm installing MSCRM SFO 1.2 on a windows XP machine (sp1)
i'm getting the error:

your microsoft crm server application has not yet been upgraded.
Upgrade microsoft crm server first, and then try upgrading Microsoft
crm sales for outlook again

I do find 2 postings about the same problem, but no answer on this
problem...

The server is a win2000 server with MSCRM 1.2 installed, IE 6 sp1
Exchange server has Exchange 2000, and outlook 2002 installed, IE 6
sp1

The XP machine has outlook 2002 installed, sp1, IE 6 sp1 including
some bug fixes

I can't figure out what i need to update...
I know that if your server is exchange 2000 you need outlook 2000, if
you have exchange 2003 you need outlook 2003. But they don't say
anything about outlook 2002.... Can someone help me?
0
lavenj
11/5/2004 9:28:05 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0547_01C4C440.B3E81920

What version of MS Office do you have installed?   Some version come =
with a watered down version of MS CRM, that would obviously cause =
problems with the real MS CRM.

If this is the case.. uninstall office completely then re-install using =
a custom install and make you ONLY INSTALL the item  you need (go thru =
them all)

LeVar Berry
CEO
eDriven Solutions LTD
Ph. (513)403-1210   Fax: (702)995-0843
Step Into the Fast Lane For eSuccess=20

  "Joep" <lavenj@hotmail.com> wrote in message =
[...]

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What version of MS Office do you have=20
installed?&nbsp;&nbsp; Some version come with a watered down version of =
MS CRM,=20
that would obviously cause problems with the real MS CRM.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If this is the case.. uninstall office =
completely=20
then re-install using a custom install and make you ONLY INSTALL the =
item&nbsp;=20
you need (go thru them all)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><B>LeVar Berry</B></STRONG><BR>CEO<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.edrivensolutions.com">eDriven Solutions =
LTD</A><BR>Ph.=20
(513)403-1210 &nbsp; Fax: (702)995-0843<BR><I>Step Into the Fast Lane =
For=20
eSuccess</I> <BR><BR><A=20
href=3D"http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/download.jsp"></A></DIV>=

<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Joep" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:lavenj@hotmail.com">lavenj@hotmail.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:3dc11377.0411050128.19e7279f@posting.google.com">news:3dc113=
77.0411050128.19e7279f@posting.google.com</A>...</DIV>Help=20
  me,<BR><BR>I'm installing MSCRM SFO 1.2 on a windows XP machine =
(sp1)<BR>i'm=20
  getting the error:<BR><BR>your microsoft crm server application has =
not yet=20
  been upgraded.<BR>Upgrade microsoft crm server first, and then try =
upgrading=20
  Microsoft<BR>crm sales for outlook again<BR><BR>I do find 2 postings =
about the=20
  same problem, but no answer on this<BR>problem...<BR><BR>The server is =
a=20
  win2000 server with MSCRM 1.2 installed, IE 6 sp1<BR>Exchange server =
has=20
  Exchange 2000, and outlook 2002 installed, IE 6<BR>sp1<BR><BR>The XP =
machine=20
  has outlook 2002 installed, sp1, IE 6 sp1 including<BR>some bug =
fixes<BR><BR>I=20
  can't figure out what i need to update...<BR>I know that if your =
server is=20
  exchange 2000 you need outlook 2000, if<BR>you have exchange 2003 you =
need=20
  outlook 2003. But they don't say<BR>anything about outlook 2002.... =
Can=20
  someone help me?</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0547_01C4C440.B3E81920--

0
LeVar
11/7/2004 1:39:24 AM
I have office 2000 (win2000 machines)and office2002 (on xp
machines)

anonymous

outlook cannot open
No answers to this one yet. It tries to open but then closes, any ideas? Phil -- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 9257 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now! Outlook version? Email environment (Exchange, POP3, etc.)? Error messages, numbers? Have you created your profile? If so, have you tried to delete and recreate your profile? Have taken any other troubleshooting steps? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ O...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

HOw do i start outlook? #2
My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? Presumably it worked before? And the version is? You could try a repair using your Office or Outlook cd "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E1B2630-9B20-444F-BF65-6B7E41638450@microsoft.com... > My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? The Check Name function is part of a Microsoft Exchange account. Are you trying to connect to a Microsoft Exchange server? Or your ISP? Joe "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Searching a real time converter to sql server
My vb6 and vb.net application needs to be used with a jet database (already does) and sql server 2005. In the software, i have written all queries using access syntax (iif, format) not supported by sql server. I was searching for a "real time query translator" to which (at run time) i pass the query (in access format) and it gives back the query in sql server format. Anybody can help? Thanks. ...

OL2000
I certainly could use some expert guidance with this problem. Repeated searches in 'Help' files have led nowhere so far. Using Outlook 2000 (Small Business Edition) running under Windows XP Pro and using Word 2000 as my e-mail editor,I receive e-mails that, when opened, automatically play music to accompany the text of the e-mail. Some of the e- mails also have graphics or pictures that include motion. When I try to forward these same e-mails to friends, I am almost always told that e-mail received, but no music. Also sometimes, the graphics or pictures have become 'st...

CRM process flow..
I understand that the process flow in CRM is Lead to Opportunity then to quotes, orders, invoices.etc.. However i want to override this Process flow and make my process as opportunity to creating contracts once an opportunity is won. My clients are mainly dealing with rental space and therefore there is no concept of order and please note that currently the system is used to create contracts as soon as an opportunity is won. Is there a way to add the functionality of converting the opportunity to contract, Like how a lead is converted to an account ,contact , opportunity.?the same is c...

truncate ssn to first four digits
Truncate column of social security numbers to the first four digits. I assume you want to have just the first four digits try =LEFT(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-",""),4) "DonJackson" wrote: > Truncate column of social security numbers to the first four digits. Are they really numbers just formatted as SSN's? =INT(A1/100000) Or did you enter them as text? 123-45-6789 =substitute(left(a1,5),"-","") DonJackson wrote: > > Truncate column of social security numbers to the first four digits. -- Dave Peterson ...

Money 2007 Locks up when trying to reconcile account
Hello, everytime I try to reconcile an account the program stops responding. I am running XPSP2. Please help. I have never had a problem until now. Have you tried File|Repair? "dandrzej" <dandrzej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DF46789-461F-4C77-968D-CD5CE1A24E0F@microsoft.com... > Hello, everytime I try to reconcile an account the program stops > responding. > I am running XPSP2. Please help. I have never had a problem until now. Thanks, I believed that worked. "Dick Watson" wrote: > Have you tried File|Repair? > &...

Cannot access mine CRM (3.0) Contacts from Outlook 2003 Address Book
I have imported over 700 contacts into CRM (3.0). I have installed the CRM using Outlook 2003 client. When I look in my Address book in the Show names from list, I can see the CRM contacts option but I get an information message. Message reads "The Address list could not be displayed. The action could not be completed". What do I need to do to have my CRM contacts accessable from Outlook for addressing mail? ...

Non-existent exchange server
Hi, We are running Windows2000 Sp4 desktops with Office XP and Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003. We recently replaced some old exchange servers with new ones with different names. Mostly went well, but now we have turned off the old servers we have a problem. Those users who have an existing profile on a workstation, that points to a now non-existent exchange server receive an error when opening their Outlook profile. They can fix this via Control Panel Mail, but as the number of Help desk calls are high, I was wondering id there was some way in a command line using a tool or vbscript...

CRM and MSFT Project
We are thinking about grouping our CRM and a MSFT Project on the same server. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Good or bad idea on our part?? This all depends on the use of both products and the specs of the server. In general, I would not advice this, but it should be possible. Kind regards, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "B. Scott" wrote: > We are thinking about grouping our CRM and a MSFT Project on the same > server. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Good or bad idea on our part?? > Thank you Ronald...I will pass that on to our systems admin person...

Outlook Express 01-19-10
I can't open Outlook Express so I can't export any folders or contacts to Win Live Mail. How do I get to the folders etc in OE? In WinXP, Win2K & Win2K3, the OE user files (DBX and WAB) are by default marked as hidden. To view these files in Windows Explorer, you must enable Show Hidden Files and Folders under Start | Control Panel | Folder Options Icon | View, or in Windows Explorer | Tools | Folder Options | View. The path to the message store will be very similar to this: C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{Long ...

"HTTP status 401: Unauthorized" Error immediately after Upgrade
Hello, I was wondering if anyone out there has encountered a problem like this. Your help would be very much appreciated. I just completed upgrading MS CRM from 1.2 to 3.0. Some parts of the web access are fully accessible (e.g., Queues, Articles, Announcements under "My Work"). However, I cannot access any of the data under Workplace, Sales, Marketing, Service, and Settings. My Report Server seems to be running fine. I can run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer without any errors. I access MS CRM through the web browser via http://<local...

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

Outlook 2003 Contact missing that have physical addresses
I noticed a few contact missing earlier this week and didn't think anything of it until tonight. All my contacts that had a physical street address are gone. I've tried changing views, unchecking the email address list, backing up from pst (but it had just backed up on the 22nd so it looks the same). These are all my real addresses. Can anyone help. No recent software changes except the two from MS this week about security in outlook and spam-email filter EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Missing from where? If the Outlook Address Book, th...

Upgrade from vista 64 bit to win 7 32 bit
I am looking for a new PC for my wife and in order to get the most bang for the buck there seem to be an abundance of vista PCs out there that can be upgraded to windows 7. Unfortunately is seems that her 2 most expensive programs, Painter 9.5 and Photo shop CS2 won't run on a 64 bit O.S., or at least not without a lot of trouble. All of the PCs that I am looking at have 64 bit vista installed. My question is can I buy one of these and when I get my free upgrade disk for windows 7 can I install win 7 32 bit? I don't mind doing a clean install. Sorry if this has been as...

Using Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 5.5
Hello, I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP1 (updated) and I am connecting to Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 (running on NT4). There is some issue I saw on connection, is there some way that I can used my Outlook 2003 connecting on Exchange 5.5? If not, can I install Outlook XP and remove Outlook 2003 without affecting the other component on Office 2003? Thanks in advance. ...

Microsoft Promo

Max clinet change to Cache mode per server
Hi, we have 2 Exchange 2003 a-p Cluster on Unisys ES7000 with 9000 mailboxes on each cluster. The Clients work with Outlook XP. We plan a Rollout of Outlook 2003 SP2 with activated Cache Mode. Our Offline Adressbook has abaout 10 MB and one Mailbox a average space of 35 MB. Now my question, how much client can rolled out parallel that the download of the mailbox content has only small impact to the Exchange Server performance ? Has anybody some experiences in this case Thank you Ingo ...

MS CRM 1.2. Mobile
Is it possible to have the new Microsoft CRM 1.2. Mobile (in the available languages: US English and International English) running on a Spanish Microsoft CRM 1.2. installation??? The customer doesn�t care about having labels and so on in English, but is this technically possible????? Thanks, Chus ------=_NextPart_0001_09683BA1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Chus, No, with this first release of CRM Mobile, it will only run on either a US English or International English CRM install. It has not been tested on any of the language versions, so it likely we be...