You must be a member of the Domain Admins group to install Microsoft CRM

Hello NG

My CRM Server (Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition ENG) is already added to the
Domain and i'm logged as Domain Administrator.

Everytime, when i want to install MS CRM i got this message...
"You must be a member of the Domain Admins group to install Microsoft CRM"

What's wrong?

Thanks
�zg�r Aytekin (MCSD .NET, MCDBA)
www.dotnetcracks.com
www.dotnetcracks.com/forum

0
zg
7/9/2004 8:52:49 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Dear Interested,

I am using Windows XP. I tried to set up Microsoft CRM.

�You must be a member of the Domain Admins group to install Microsoft
CRM.

Make sure that this computer is joined to the Domain and you are logged on
with a domain administrator account.�

Message appears.

I couldn�t know to whom do I ask this, maybe you can know and help me on,
what I must do for being a member of the Domain Admins group?

Kind regards,
utk

0
utek
1/22/2005 8:29:20 PM
Even if you were a member of domain admins, you could not install CRM on XP.
You can only install on Windows 2000 server or Windows server 2003

You should read the Installation Guide on one of the CDs before proceeding
any further

"utek" <ulugtekins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear Interested,
>
> I am using Windows XP. I tried to set up Microsoft CRM.
>
> "You must be a member of the Domain Admins group to install Microsoft
> CRM.
>
> Make sure that this computer is joined to the Domain and you are logged on
> with a domain administrator account."
>
> Message appears.
>
> I couldn't know to whom do I ask this, maybe you can know and help me on,
> what I must do for being a member of the Domain Admins group?
>
> Kind regards,
> utk

0
Peter

Service Selection Rule in CRM 3.0 not being obeyed
Hello, I've got a strange problem with CRM 3.0. I've got a service selection rule set up to select resources in such a way that it should be the least busy from any site from a resource group. The thing is that the allocation of sessions is definetely not being done to the least busy site. In fact, some sites only get allocated sessions when the rest of the sites are full and have no more available sessions. The facilities in the resource group are identical apart from the site and business unit. Should they all be in the same business unit? Any ideas? TIA ...

Field1 or Field2 must be null
Is it possible to set a constraint on a table across two fields such that one of the pair must have a value and the other be null? Dan Neely wrote: >Is it possible to set a constraint on a table across two fields such >that one of the pair must have a value and the other be null? You can use the table's Validation Rule: [f1] Is Not Null Or [f2] Is Not Null -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:21:03 -0700, Dan Neely <dan.neely@gmail.com> wrote: >Is it possible to set a constraint on a table across two fields such >that one of the pair must have a value...

Say goodbye to this news group...
I've been reading this discussion in one of MS's VB.NET news group. Wondered if anybody has heard about it. Here's a quote from the original post: Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in forums to reduce customer effort, consolidate community venues and make it easier for active contributors to retain t...

news groups
I am new to this and a friend told me to get involved with news groups to share thoughts, and downloads. How do I get started ? Hi Rick, If you have questions about any Access databases you are using or working on, just post your questions here and volunteers will take the time to write an answer. There is nothing else special you need to. So if you have a question, just send a post with the question. Jeanette Cunningham "Rick Matthews" <millie63merc@comcast.net> wrote in message news:30A89415-7CCC-451D-AF28-252AEC3EC957@microsoft.com... >I am new to this and a ...

I am getting an message saying"you must be an Adminstrator to...."
I am getting an message saying"you must be an Adminstrator to install Office 2007". Can someone please let me know how do I resolve this issue. It means you must logg on to win using an account that has full writes What version of win? "D" <D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:653CE8A1-317C-4FD5-9599-9AE51F3892C4@microsoft.com... >I am getting an message saying"you must be an Adminstrator to install >Office > 2007". Can someone please let me know how do I resolve this issue. Log on to the computer as the administr...

Office 2004 Install Problem
Like Jonzy, I did not know that Office 2004 Test Drive was on my new iMac when I installed the full version. Not to worry: I ran the removal application from my hard drive. But it gave me a choice between removing Office X (yet another version of this suite is on the computer ??) and Office 2004, both with "Test Drive Included." I reluctantly chose the Office X, all of which had no effect on removing the Office 2004 Test Drive application. Now when I want to access WORD, just the Test Drive version comes up. What should I do? Drag the Test Drive folder to the trash? Run the removal a...

Installing Outlook 2002 to configure itself
Greetings, We have about 100 teachers that use many different computers here. We would like to have Outlook configure itself whenever they log on to a machine. Could somebody point me in the right direction on how to get this implemented. Outlook is already installed on all workstations, I'm not sure if we'd have to redeploy it. We've thought about roaming profiles but since there's over 100 users that solution seems like it would cause too much bandwidth consumption for the synchronization and also eat up too much disk space on the server used to store the profiles. Any ...

Extending CRM access to another Domain
We have a request from our parent company overseas in that they want to connect to our instance of MSCRM. In no way is our AD environment or WAN connected to them. My first thought was to simply create AD accounts for those users, and give them VPN access into our network. Then allow them to hit the CRM web site, but then the question of CRM email comes around. Since we have two different domain names, it would mean that the overseas folks would have two email accounts to manage. My question here would be what are my options to make this happen? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated! ...

Country selected during installation
Anyone know where I can reference this for a given Great Plains installation? I checked the registry - it's not there. Thanks Nevermind, I found it in the About dialog. "YCI" wrote: > Anyone know where I can reference this for a given Great Plains installation? > I checked the registry - it's not there. > > Thanks > ...

Must display as: send on behalf of XXXXXXXX
Hi I hav exchange 2003 and xp pro clients. The PA has the right to send on behalf of the GM but in the From: field is showing that the mail comes directly from her which they don't want. How can i change this so that it display : On behalf of the GM(the name of the name) thanks On Thu, 18 May 2006 22:56:01 -0700, Craig from Huguenot <CraigfromHuguenot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I hav exchange 2003 and xp pro clients. The PA has the right to send on >behalf of the GM but in the From: field is showing that the mail comes >directly from her which th...

CRM Mail Undeliverable folder
This folder contains every email that was sent through my exchange server that was not marked as track in CRM, is it ok to delete these emails and can this feature be turned off? The mailbox store will get pretty big with all these emails. ...

How do I connect 2 Exchange servers together that are not in the same domain?
We have an Exchange 2003 server at a Co Lo facility. The other location is an Exchange 2003 also. The remote site is not part of the domain but they are using the same email address as us. They are currently using a POP3 connector into our server but I want to move beyond that and get them in a tighter integration. i.e. public folders etc. I am assuming I would use a smtp connector between the two but becuase of the differnt domains I am not sure what other options I have. Thanks for any tips or links to some good white papers. John I'm assuming different Forest\Exchange ...

Microsoft Access 01-26-04
Hi good day. I don't know if anyone can help me or if this is possible, but I would like to know if Microsoft Access has a certain capability. My manager wants me to create a simple database on information about all our vehicles. He wants included in this database the last date insurance for each vehicle was paid and when it is due again. That is the simple part but what he wants is a system where when the date is approaching for it to be paid, some sort of reminder to pop up letting us know the insurance is due in so much days and counting down everyday until it is entered that ...

OK, I must be retarded or something...
OK, I must be retarded or something. I am having the hardest time setting up POP3 mail for external users. When I do, eithe it halts all mail with no immediate return messages or it only allows delivery from an internal user to an internal user. I obviously do not want to have the relay open. That is understood. Here are the latest sub-genius steps I have done with no avail. Exchange 2003 over 2003 native\native AD domain All done under properties of <Server>\SMTP: 1. Accesss tab, Authentication button. Anonymous unchecked, Basic Authentication checked, and the default domain is listed...

Error message creating install package
I am trying create an install package but allways I get error message after pressing OK at the final phase. The message is: "The destination install subfolder name cannot contain any of the following characters: /:*?"<>|+,;=[]" My subfolder's name is Family. Why this message? -- Have a Nice Day! ...

Is it possible for Exchange admins login to other user's mailbox?
When I open Exchange 2000 system manager, I can see a "last logged on by" column in user's mailbox store. Can it be different user? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q262054& -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I Microsoft MVP - Directory Services www.readymaids.com - COMPLETE SPAM Protection www.akomolafe.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday? -anon "Hawz" <ohawz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:esXkWHLlEHA.2892@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > When I open Exchange 2000 system m...

There must be a way...
Hey All: I've got a quick question that's been bugging me for a while. If I'v got data arranged by columns, but I've written a formula which I wan to drag right (i.e. rearrange the calculated data into rows), then ho can I write a formula so it will just copy over? The problem is that normally when you copy a formula to the right i will increment the column letter by one each time while keep ing th row number referenced in the formula the same. Instead, when I copy i to the right, I want the column letter to remain the same and the ro number referenced in the formula to ...

CRM Import Wizard 07-22-05
When I try to use the import wizard and select. "Microsoft Outlook" I recieve the message: "Microsoft Outlook Cannot be Started, Verify that Outlook is installed on this machine". The machine is Window XP SP1, Firewall "off" The Servers are: 1/Domain (File and print) 2/Exchange 2003 3/Sharepoint and CRM Have no problems with exchange/outlook, everytyhing else is working well try this Change Internet Explorer security to prompt for ActiveX. To change this security setting: 1. From the Internet Explorer Tools menu, point to Internet Options. 2. Select the Sec...

Cannot start Microsoft Office. Cannot open the Outlook Window Office 2007
I shut down my computer and when I turned it back on I get this message now. I did scanpst and compacted the files. What else do I need to do to get Outlook 2007 to work again. Thanks!! From the event log Failed to get the Crawl Scope Manager with error=0x8007043c. - System - Provider [ Name] Outlook - EventID 34 [ Qualifiers] 49152 Level 2 Task 0 Keywords 0x80000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2009-06-19T18:40:25.000Z EventRecordID 6174 Channel Application Computer Kathy-PC Security - EventData 0x8007043c I created a new ...

Hosting SMTP Domains
I am upgrading from Exch 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and have the ADC running. In Exch 5.5 I have a IMS Connector which has over 25 entries in the routing tab, either classed as inbound or routed to. Some of the domains are for mailbox enabled users, while other domains are for mail enabled contacts or public folders. Do I need to create multiple receipient policies for each smtp domain. ? How do I treat the routed to domain.? Also in Exch 5.5 I was allowing - automatic replies to the internet - for a specific email domain only, how can it be done in Exch 2003.?? This is so mail can be redirected ...

two crm servers in the same domain
I have just installed a second crm server in the same domain as another. This is for testing purposes. Since doing so i cant access reports on the original installation. I get the message 'crystal reports logon error - please verify you have enough crystal licenses' Does anyone think this was a bad idea? or is there another reason i get this error? TIA Emily: Did you install two different Organization Names (ie: two different sets of keys)? Wondering if some of the AD information that gets written during the installation may have conflicted. Dave "emily" <emily.h...

moving exchange 5.5 server to a different domain
I have an exchange 5.5 site with 3 servers in it. They are NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5 They are all in domain a. There is a two way trust with domain a and domain b. I need to move one of the servers from domain a to domain b. Since I have permissions via the trust to the exchange services site acct. , is this as easy as removing the server from domain a and adding it to domain b, then bringing exchange services back up? Or is there a set procedure that should be followed? "=?Utf-8?B?Y2dsYWR5MjAwMA==?=" <cglady2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1A7E7702-914A-...

Removing Office 2008 to install another licensed copy

Assign an action to a group of contacts
Is it possible to assign an activity to a group of contacts (e.g. a list of contacts in a specific category) by filtering or searching by the category then inputting details of one activity (e.g. a journal entry) but gets linked to each contact? Thanks Peter (Outlook 2002) It could be done with VBA code or by manually picking the contacts after you create the item. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Peter Stables" <peter.stab...

MS CRM Consultants
Our business is looking to hire billc@orionopn.com.au ...