Yesterdays date in Activities screen

Hi

Wondering if someone can help.

In the activities view in either outlook or via the web client it always defaults to yesterdays date.

I have checked the dates, timezones and regional settings on the workstations and the server but can't see any problems there.  Any ideas?

ilr

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

have you checked the timezones in the CRM settings for each user?

"ilr" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Wondering if someone can help.
>
> In the activities view in either outlook or via the web client it always
defaults to yesterdays date.

> I have checked the dates, timezones and regional settings on the
workstations and the server but can't see any problems there.  Any ideas?

> ilr

0
John
4/20/2004 5:08:22 AM
Thanks Joh

That was the problem

I would hope that the next CRM release will set you CRM timezone to the same
as your system timezone to avoid this confusion in future

> Thanks John
>
> That was the problem.

0
John

Date formulas
I want to be able to calculate the number of whole weeks between 2 given dates so that the third cell will show that amount Hi Charles! Try: =INT((B1-A1)/7) -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au If that is not what you want describe what you mean by a whole week. ie. full Sun - Sat weeks or other range. "Norman Harker" <njharker@optusnet.com.au> wrote ... > Hi Charles! > > Try: > =INT((B1-A1)/7) ...

count between dates
I have dates in column A and names in column B. I need to count how many names there are say between 1 Jan & 8 Jan. Help before my brain explodes.... Here's how I'd do it, Vicki: Create a helper column, say in N, "=AND(A2>=DATE(2010,1,1),A2<=DATE(2010,1,8))". Then use =COUNTIF(N:N,TRUE) and it'll count how many rows have dates in that range. Do you need to eliminate duplicate names? --- "Vicki Leibowitz" wrote: > I have dates in column A and names in column B. I need to count how many > names there are say between 1 Jan & 8...

Stopping data exported from a database formatting as a date
I am exporting into Excel from a unknown database and the data - in this case a part number (eg 2-2035) is converting to a date (eg Feb-35). How can I stop this happening,? The Excel file is automatically created on export and therefore I cannot pre-format the cells. Neither do I have any control over the database format. Stephen, If the exporting program is writing an Excel file, it needs to pre-format the field (column) for text first. If it's a text file, rename it with the ..txt extension before opening it in Excel, which will start the import wizard when you open it in Excel,...

How to activate an open worksheet?
Hi, I have a quick question: How to bring a non-active excel sheet o top? (i.e. make it the active one)? Now let's say I open 2 excel files (A.xls and B.xls). Now, whenever received an input, I have a formula which will be triggered by an OnKe "~". That formula/module will check whether that input belong to A.xl or B.xls. So if I enter an input into A.xls and it does belong t A.xls, nothing happen. However, if I enter an input to A.xls, an actually that input belong to B.xls, I have to delete that input fro A.xls, and fill it to B.xls. I got everything working, but I can't ...

start date & end date
I have a date table & a leave table which leave table contains startdate & end_date. How i do show all date in between startdate & end date . For example : Leave startdate = 1/5/2010, end date =3/5/2010. i want the data show all date - 1/5/2010 NANCY AL 2/5/2010 NANCY AL 3/5/2010 NANCY AL You can use a Cartesian Product query to generate a record for every date in the period. 1. Create a table with just one field of type Number, named (say) CountID, and mark it as primary key. Save the table as (say) tblCount. 2. Enter records from zero to the highest number of ...

Date Format Problem
I use money to manage all my UK accounts. I now have a US account. I have just downloaded the latest transactions from that US account and Money tell me it can't import them because the date format is wrong. Money helpfully tells me how to change the date format for my PC and then says i have to restart it for them to take effect but this is a global system change and not that helpfull when everything else is in UK format. Is there away I can get this account data into Money. Is there a translater for the QIF file perhaps? All Help appreciated Paul Martin Not nice but one solu...

Missing screen colors in objects in Publisher 2003
Hi, I'm a tutor at a senior citizens computer club. Today one member created a birthday card on a club computer with Publisher 2003. When she opened the file at home, also Publisher 2003, colors of objects and Word Art are all missing on the screen. They are just plain white. Yet when she does a Print Preview the colors of the objects and Word Art are fine. Both PC's are fully patched XP as are the versions of Office. The colors in any photos on the card are fine. I created a new card and still the same problem. I checked screen resolution and number of displayed colors an...

All e-mails forwarded to CRM queue as activities
Hello everyone, I am having an odd issue with CRM, every e-mail sent from the Exchange server is forwarded to CRM to the accepted task queue. I just get an activity with "FW:OriginalTitle" where I can see the sender and not the content of the e-mail (thankfully). Has anyone else had this problem before? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. ...

iFrame and dates
Hi Guys, I'm trying to fill in a crmForm that has a date type field, from an iFrame. In the codebehind of the iFrame's aspx I'm using "parent.crmForm.all.<fieldname>.value=data where data is a CrmDateTime value, but the field does not appear. Please help, Thanks, Paulo Fonseca ...

Date format??
Hi! I have an Excel file that I have imported into Access. My dates are broken up into four different fields and I need to combine those fields. I need my dates to be in the YYYYMMDD format. My only problem is that my Year, Month, and Day fields show only one digit when there is a 1-9 used. Example Century Year Month Day 20 1 5 16 19 98 12 8 19 84 9 20 20 3 10 15 In Excel, I tried to change the format of the number using a custom format, and it changed the look of the number, just not that value in the...

Date calculation on 2 fields
I have a query that calculates captures a date filed 20 days after the date which is entered. It then gathers all the dates after the 20 days has been calculated. I need to code another date field that doesnt grab info 45 days past the date. Example: works now user - puts in date 1/28/2010 query - subracts 20 days from that date = 1/08/10 query - then gathers all the dates after 1/8/10. Need - To look at another date field and make sure no data is gathered 45 days from the date in field. Are you talking about two separate queries, or a single query with two criteria? ...

Dates in Word
I'd like to know how to change the date option in Word. When I insert the date in an invoice or letter, the next time I open it Word changes the date to the current date. I want it to keep the original date. I know there is some option I need to change but I can't seem to find it. I'm using Word 7. Press Alt+F9 to display the DATE field. Edit it to say CREATEDATE, then Alt+F9 to toggle back and F9 (if necessary) to update the field. Better still, change the field in the template you are using to create the invoice or letter. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsof...

Using Journal Entries to Track MS Word Activities
I have a user who would like to use his Outlook Journal to track his MS Word and MS Excel activities. We use MS Office 2003. From the Tools menu in Outlook I went to Options\Preferences\Journal Options\and selected the following: TASK REQUEST under Automatically record these items THE USER'S NAME under For these contacts MS EXCEL AND MS WORD under Also record files from I then went into MS Word and opened, edited, saved a document, and exited MS Word. I then went to see if a journal entry was made in Outlook. None was created. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help? Thanks! ...

"Activities that have been closed cannot be assigned to another us
When I try to assign a case to a user or queue I get "Activities that have been closed cannot be assigned to another user". I have deleted all activities that belonged to this case but this error message still keeps on coming. If I close the case and reopen it I can assign it but unfortunately that is not possible since we have several hundred of these cases and they are all supposed to be reassigned by a workflow. In the database I have also tried comparing a reopened case with a case that gets the error message and I cannot find a difference. I have also searched the en...

time & date settings
The time and dateeetings keep reverting to 2007, and incorrect time. I reset it, and it stays that way until I shutdown. On reboot the time and date revert to the incorrect values. Any suggestions as to why this happens? Is there a way to keep the clock and/or date correct? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Your computer's CMOS battery has run out of power and needs to be replaced. It means taking the computer apart, locating the battery (usually a CR2032 lithium battery) and replace.. -- Thomas Wendell Helsinki, Finland Translations to/from FI not always accu...

Why I can not found the question which i asked yesterday?
Why I can not found the question which i asked yesterday? Is it deleted? I can see it, 18 messages down -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Jerry Huang" <Jerry_Huang@cn.vesuvius.com.discuss> wrote in message news:e2UxCYszDHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Why I can not found the question which i asked yesterday? Is it deleted? > > Jerry, If you don't have an account set up in your newsreader to go directly to msnews.microsoft.com, but instead are using a regular USENET server, then posts can be slow to get picked up if at all. So you...

Condition Formatting based on due date
I have a spreadsheet where I am trying to color a row based on how close I am to a due date. The basic logic is: I need to color a row yellow if today's date is less than 45 days from the due date in column B or color the same row red if today's date is less than 14 days from the due date in column B. I am stumped, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, jaggy Select the entire sheet (A1 active), then apply the CF as Cond1: =AND($B1<>"",$B1-TODAY()<14) Format: Red fill Cond2: =AND($B1<>"",$B1-TODAY()>=14,$B1-TODAY()<45) Form...

CRM Advanced Find on a date "older than X weeks"
User is trying to create a view to find cases "Older than X number of weeks". Currently they have to use the "On or Before" and specify the Date each time which is not dynamic. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.c...

getting dates on my graph
I can not solve the problem with being able to put the dates in my graph. Since it is a bar chart the x and y axis are flipped. How can I get the dates put in on the y- axis. I would be happy to be able to send the file if someone thinks they can solve this. thanks jj ...

Opportunity / View / Close Date
I would like to be able to create a View showing All Opportunities that will close in the Next 31 Days / Next 365 Days / etc. I can only find the Next 7 Days. Any suggestions how to solve this puzzle without working with filtered Reports? Thanks, Richard Newtel Essence The current v1.2 "Advance Find" and "Filter View" will not support what you are asking for. You will need to looking into SDK or Report customization. Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm San Francisco, CA "Richard Fransen" wrote: > I would like to be...

Access autonumber field changes to date format when Excel imports
When importing Access data into Excel, the autonumber field in Access is chenged to date format instead of a general number format. I could run a macro to change the number format but this only happens on some Vista machines, not all. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? ...

Date issues #2
i have a date appearing in excel as 1000203 and I need it converted to 03/02/2000, any help would be good. Thanks. Hi Neville i've replied under a previous post from you entitiled "more date conversions" ... will my solutions work for your situation? Cheers julieD "Neville" <Neville@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F143DA8D-81B2-4A91-B6F9-F2A236A29D8F@microsoft.com... >i have a date appearing in excel as 1000203 and I need it converted to > 03/02/2000, any help would be good. Thanks. On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:09:01 -0800, "Nevi...

Filter for On or Before Yesterday
Is there any way to filter views for On or Before YESTERDAY? Right now, I'm selecting "Last X Years" but that includes today's date, which I want to exclude from the view. If you select "On or Before" and then enter yesterday's date in the calendar, that is static, so users would have to manually update the date each day, which wouldn't be a viable solution. I cannot find this functionality out of the box. Has anyone developed a solution for this? ...

Forcing 2 digits for month in Date
I have downloaded data which contains a column of review dates. The dates are formatted as mm/dd/yyyy. I have code that expects the date to always be 8 digits (and apparently text) in the form of, "05152004". The current code treats the month segment as =If(Left(A1,2)="05", Then do something... which currently fails for months 1 thru 9. I know I could do; =If(Month(A1)=5, etc. but this would involve finding and replacing every instance of date-handling code. I was hoping that I could perform a one-time vba procedure on the date column such that the stored month segment was ...

How can I display "last sale date" in a Text Box on a Form ?
Hi I have a Products table and a Sales Detail table that have a relationship based on the Product Number. The Products table has the Product Number, description, etc.. The Sales Detail table has the Product Number, qty, price, and Sale Date. I have a form where I enter a Product Number. I want to have a text box that displays the "Last Sale Date". That is, the latest date in the Sales Detail table with the Product Number I enter on the form. Please let me know how to do this. Thanks in advance Mark Put something like this in the Control Source of the text box on your form. ...