Workplace Settings access

Our customer wishes to lock down (make read only) the Workplace settings area
for some users.  We have tested removing the write privilege and it works
fine.
The problem comes when we add a new user to this role and need to change
their timezone settings.

It appears timezone settings can only be modified when logged in as that
user(seems odd given the access possibilities of the user settings
privileges).

Is it possible to change another users timezone setting or do we need to
relax the privileges whilst we are setting the users up?

Hope someone can help

Cheers

Paul
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Converting Access 97 to Access 2007, Please Help
I have a database that I created with a password for Access 97. My computer crashed and I purchased a new computer with Access 2007. When I restored my database in 2007, I am able to open the program and work with the data but I can't change anything or save anything in the new 2007 version because of the old password. Now I have the old password, but the program tells me in order to enable recent enhancements and provide me with the new programs I have to remove the old password. But I don't have Access 97 program anymore to do that and I don't know what to do....

AutoArchive > How to change settings for multiple users.
Hi, I need to change the AutoArchive settings for a number of Outlook users. I'm hoping someone knows of a way to do this without having to manually go to every machine and change the settings. Where are the AutoArchive settings actually saved to? Thanks, Tyler ...

Problem with the e-mail generated by "Collect data by using e-mail messages" functionality Access 2007 and Oulook 2007
Good day dear members of the microsoft.public.access newsgroup. I'm using the new Acess 2007 "Collect data by using e-mail messages" functionality but it seems the generated e-mail by Outlook 2007 does not support the html list of fields feature. Instead all the options of my lists are displayed at e-mail bottom. Please is there any solution to this problem ? Many thanks. Octavio ...

Can't access mapped Drives on LAN
I posted this in a Windows Server group but one of the users suggested it may be a XP issue and to post it here. I had this problem a couple weeks ago, but then it cleared up on its own and has returned. The systems logs the network drives, but I can't connect to the network. I pasted screens shots on a webpage which I hope will be easier than me trying to explain. http://www.truckloads.net/NetworkError/Default.aspx Screen1 shows that I clicked on the mapped T:\ drive in Windows Filed Explorer. Screen2 shows that I tried to connect to the server \\ASams1 which b...

Remove personalize workplace from workplace
I'm trying to remove the personalize workplace link on the workplace. Is this possible? I'm looking at the exported customization.xml file and it's not all that obvious where this can be edited out Any ideas? TIA Try exporting only the isv.config in the customization export. This is the part which should contain that link. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Extended Entity and Plug-in browser: http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx "A1pro" wrote: > I'm trying to remove the personalize workplace link on the workplace...

Requery
Hi all Got a mind block and this "has" to be presented in the morning. Just putting finnishing touches to new DB and ..... Private Sub PaySource_AfterUpdate() Me.PaySource2.RowSource = "SELECT ID, Item FROM" & " tblPay2SourceSpecific WHERE PayTypeID = " & Me.PaySource & " " Me.PaySource2 = Me.PaySource2.ItemData(0) Me.Requery End Sub Code work fine - but - need to requery the form to set combo items but this causes the focus to be taken back to tab stop 1. Need it to set focus to another control (PaySource2). ???? Many thanks (13...

Converting Microsoft Access Databases to Access v2003
Are there any known issues in trying to run Access Databases developed in Versions 95, 97 and 2000 to run in Access 2003 Thanks Lawrence Jeffries "Lawrence Jeffries" <lawrence.jeffries@barclays.co.uk> wrote: >Are there any known issues in trying to run Access >Databases developed in Versions 95, 97 and 2000 to run in >Access 2003 For what I've encountered see Access 2.0 and Access 97 to Access 2000/2002 conversion issues/problems/bugs http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/conversionproblems.htm Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only i...

SOP Set Up and Backorders
Our company does not use backorders. Is there a way to eliminate the option of picking Backorder when the Transfer button is clicked. We would like the option to be Transfer to Invoice (Include Totals and Deposits). We would like the Create Back Order to be grayed out or not available. Debbie On the Sales Order document type setup, you can turn off the ability to transfer a document (order, invoice, etc) to a back order. You would need Modifier to remove the options from the window. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Debbie" wrote: > Our company does not use backorders. Is t...

Word won't maintain default settings I set for all new documents?
I have set the default settings in Home - Font for my default font and in Page Layout-Page Set Up for my margin settings. I selected 'Yes' so the default will pertain to all new documents. The defaults don't stay. Opening/starting a new document goes back to the original settings when my computer was set up with Microsoft Word 2007. How can I keep my new default settings for all future documents? If you are on a corporate network you might be prevented to make font changes. Talk to the administrator. On the other hand, if you are using a stand-alone (or home) ...

Citrix/set files
Is there a way to have the set files that the citrix clients use point to a mapped drive or UNC path? We are currently not running a log in script. I have not been able to get a mapped drive to work, I am not sure what the format to try a UNC path would be. Any feedback would be appreciated. Hey Scott Ask Shelley for my Contact info and Give me a call to talk about this. Bu tin the mean time are you using Published desktops of applications? -- Fliehigh "Scott Trenholm" wrote: > Is there a way to have the set files that the citrix clients use point to a > mapped d...

Setting up a filter
We are using Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 server. Users are getting inappropriate emails and the problem is growing. How do I go about setting up a filter so that it catches these emails before they get to the users mailbox? you can try this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319356 but for something more effective, you could look into a third-party product for spam filtering there are many of them out there, one that i've found very effective is SPS from TrendMicro; has many options to configure Seth in Boston "Jim in Cleveland" <JiminCleve...

read access 2003 mdb file using java
Hi , How do i read access 2003 mdb file using java ? i have few tables inside the mdb file. do i read by column like reading csv file? is there a sample code? pls advise.thanks ...

Setting environment variables
How do I set environment variables programmatically using MFC/Win32? Or do I need to program the registry? cks2k2 wrote: > How do I set environment variables programmatically using MFC/Win32? Or do I > need to program the registry? SetEnvironmentVariable "cks2k2" <cks2k2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4DAD40F-E0C9-4FA6-B775-5B9603DD2CF4@microsoft.com... > How do I set environment variables programmatically using MFC/Win32? Or do I > need to program the registry? Try "getenv()", "_putenv()". Example from help: * GETENV....

Possible to set up windows with just one user folder under Docs & Settings?
I seem to get "Admin", "Default user" and "whatever username you specifiy" as a minimum when installing XP. I'm the only one who ever uses my machines. Is it possible to tell the setup to just create one user folder and put everything there? Thanks muzician21 wrote: > I seem to get "Admin", "Default user" and "whatever username you > specifiy" as a minimum when installing XP. > > I'm the only one who ever uses my machines. Is it possible to tell the > setup to just create one user folder and put ...

Form makes Access not respond
I've been working on a form and was testing it out, then for no reason when ever I try and bring up the form it sets there of minutes and then finally Access shows not responding. I've tried stepping through the form, it goes through the open section with out any problem and then will not do anything. What the form does is call up a clients data to display on the screen, nothing difficult. So here's what I've done so far to try and fix this. I did a compact and repair database, still same thing. I deleted the form and recreated it (with the same name) still the sam...

Some users can't personalize workplace
Some users can't fully personalize workplace. On the 'Set Personal Options' screen, everything is disabled on the Workplace tab. What privileges do you need for that? Regards, Marcin ...

Can I set up an area chart in Excel with stepped changes?
I'm trying to plot the area of carrrigeways and footways from survey data. Many of the examples are instances where the width/area changes at a particular point rather than gradually. Excel area charts show the area changing gradually - i.e. from trapeziodal rather than rectangluar calculation. Hi, If you use TimeSeries axis and provide the extra information then yes. http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "simonjb" <simonjb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FDAB540...

Copying access 2002 to create access 2000 database
I have Access 2002 with a database I created for a friend. My friend has Access 2000 at work. I need to make a copy of the database and convert it to Access 2000. Then I will send it via Internet and have it copied to the PC at work. What is the procedure to convert a copy of an Access 2002 database to Access 2000? Thanks It's entirely possible that it's already in Access 2000 format: that's actually the default format for Access 2002. Look under Tools | Database Utilties | Convert Database. If it's already in Access 2000 format, the option to convert to 2000 will be...

How to change axes settings after adding trendline?
Before adding the trendline to my linear scatter plot, I set my Y axis to range from the desired -7 to -5 scale. After adding the trendline, the axis is changed to range from -7 to 0 which produces almost a flat line. How do I display the trendline on the previous -7 to -5 scale? Double-click on the axis, the Format Axis dialog box should appear. Then under the "Scale" tab of the Format Axis dialog box, you should be able to set the maximum and minimum (to -5 and -7). If that doesn't work, can you tell me what the equation for the trendline is? (Double-click on the trendli...

Question about security setting
Hi, I am testing on Adventure cycle DB. I created a new role called cs_user which only have read access right and limited to its own BU. To test it, I added this role to one of the user CS and removed all other roles. Everything goes fine and he can only view Account that is belong to their BU. But when I do the same thing to other user CS_Manager, he still able to view Account created from other BU. Both of them using exactly the same role but the data they are viewing are different. Am I missing anything? Please help, thanks alot. Ken Hi Ken Are the two users in the same B...

Times Subtraction Whith Access
Hi I need to know how to subtract between two times variants and to get a time result (With Access). Like this: VarTime=[time1]-[time2] 10:05:40=18:05:50-08:00:10 Thanks Access really isn't intended to do things like that, but ?Format(#18:05:50# - #08:00:10#, "hh:nn:ss") 10:05:40 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <bennyzamir@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175704084.566444.282820@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > I need to know how to subtract between two times variants and to get a > time res...

How do i set up a report for my renter each mount
dean;702279 Wrote: > What kind of report are you needing? What exactly are you wanting to include in the report. What program are you using? -- Dianne ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dianne's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1755 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=196471 http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz ...

Internet Access Suggestions
I am looking for suggestions on how best to configure remote connectivity for sales people in the field that do not make it into the office but once a quarter. They currently use RPC over HTTPS to access Exchange using their local Outlook client. Is using the CRM Outlook plugin over this connection an option as a live feed (without considering local MSDE installation)? If not, what about a local MSDE installation and synchronization via VPN connectivity? Would this be tolerable or just plain frustrating to end users due to bandwidth limitations? Is CRM supported as an Internet appl...

Turning off access to Windows Mail in Vista
How do I turn off access to Windows Mail in Vista when it is not specifically listed in features that can be turned off? Try this: Open the Default Programs applet, then click on "Set program=20 access and computer defaults." Expand the Custom selection, and=20 uncheck the "Enable access to this program" box next to Windows Mail. Click OK. Alternatively, you could simply delete all the shortcuts to Windows = Mail, and/or rename its folder under C:\Program Files. =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.mi...

Set Keyword
When is it appropriate to use the Set keyword in VBA? a = Range("A1:A36") Set a=Range("A1:A36") Thanks!!! Hi if you want to assign an object to a variable. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "mark1" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:a0af01c486b6$3d0da210$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When is it appropriate to use the Set keyword in VBA? > > a = Range("A1:A36") > > Set a=Range("A1:A36") > > Thanks!!! ...