workplace default pane default tab

Hi,
Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and
"Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either
in Client or Web Access).

Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore.
How can this be achieved (customization / programming)?
Thanks a lot.

0
4crm4 (41)
11/27/2008 12:54:03 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

default text height comment
Is there a way to set the default text height for a new comment? Thanks mark (I've looked through help but can't find it if it's in there.) I assume you mean the font size? There is no text height available in Excel. A comment has a shape property and that is what you can use to change the font size. They didn't make it easy ... Range("D4").Comment.Shape.TextFrame.Characters.Font.Size = 12 -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (free and commercial excel programs) "mp" <nospam@Thanks.com> wrote in message...

Remove personalize workplace from workplace
I'm trying to remove the personalize workplace link on the workplace. Is this possible? I'm looking at the exported customization.xml file and it's not all that obvious where this can be edited out Any ideas? TIA Try exporting only the isv.config in the customization export. This is the part which should contain that link. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Extended Entity and Plug-in browser: http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx "A1pro" wrote: > I'm trying to remove the personalize workplace link on the workplace...

Default Font #2
In Outlook 2003, I find the font too small. Where do I go to change the default font of the messages I create? -- Paul Ingram DNS SYSTEMS LIMITED (902) 488-3166 Web: www.dnssystemsltd.com Email: dnssystems@ns.sympatico.ca Paul: Try Tools > Options > Mail Format - Fonts HTH Steve "Paul Ingram" <pingramnet@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:W5l%c.123663$Np3.5283800@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > In Outlook 2003, I find the font too small. > Where do I go to change the default font of the messages I create? > > -- > Paul Ingram > DNS SYSTEMS LIMITED >...

Tabs
Hello, I have a workbook with 10 worksheet identified by their tabs at the bottom of the screen. I know how to change the colour of a tab, but is it possible to change other format features ?. In particular, is it possible to change the way in which the 'selected' tab is highlighted (at the moment it just shows in bold). I have excel 2007 Thanks K Hi, That is outside of our control, without modifying Windows display settings which would affect all programs. You could write code to display artifical tabs which you could control, but its way too much work. -- If this...

Select tab to import from excel spreadsheet in Macro
I have one excel file that contains multiple tabs. Is it possible to select a specific tab to import in a Macro? I have static labels on these tabs that can be referenced. If so, which function would that be? Your help is appreciated! Kanley Just to clarify, I just need to import one tab at a time, but when i specify the worksheet name in the range field as WORKSHEET!, it wouldn't take it. Please help! On Oct 30, 11:29 am, KT <kan...@rocketmail.com> wrote: > I have one excel file that contains multiple tabs. Is it possible to > select a specific tab to import in a Mac...

Outlook as default mail client
Hi All, I need to set Microsoft Outlook 2002/2003 as the default e-mail client using a script. I have to perform this on bulk of users so I would appreciate other methods. Using Internet Properties --> Programs --> e-mail is not sufficient for me. Thanks, Yaman Have you looked at the options in CIW? Looked into changing the registry key directly? -- "Yaman" <yamanakkasoglu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uxB85JzCGHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > I need to set Microsoft Outlook 2002/2003 as the default e-mail client > using a scri...

Open to default directory in Excel
Hello All, Thanks for all of the help, I really do appreciate it. I just have one more question. The following macro below allows me to import a text file into an existing excel spredsheet. Is it also possible for it to default to a specific directory to look for the text file. I am still fairly new to writing macros in excel and for that matter VBA and I really do appreciate it. '---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Public Sub ImportTextFile(FName As String, Sep As String) Dim RowNdx As Integer Dim ColNdx As Integer Dim TempVal As Var...

How to Modify Default Button for PropertySheet?
I'm trying to change the default button for a property sheet to a button I've added to the sheet. Currently I'm clearing the BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON flag in all the predefined buttons and setting it in my created button but OK still acts as the default when when ENTER key is presssed. Is IDOK hardcoded into Propery sheets as the default but not for CDialog? MyPropSheet::OnInitDialog() { ... . . GetDlgItem(IDOK)->ModifyStyle(BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON, 0); GetDlgItem(IDCANCEL)->ModifyStyle(BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON, 0); GetDlgItem(ID_APPLY_NOW)->ModifyStyle(BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON, 0); . ....

Label printing defaults
Can I change the default on the lables so that it automatically sets it to print only 1 lablel instead of a whole sheet of labels. If so, how would it be done? Thanks! You could, but you will still have to indicate which single label. It would be rather difficult (and impractical) to have the dialog choose the next available label. You would would need to store the label format, and thus the number of labels and increment a counter each time you use the facility. I foresee far too many problems to make this worth the effort of development. For Word 2003 use the following m...

set default reading pane view
I have outlook 2003, exchange2003 sp1 with about 50 folders, I would like to turn off reading pane for all. I know there is a way, just cant find it in the labyrinth of the outlook controls. TIA Craig Start Outlook with the /nopreview switch. Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft Outlook FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/outlook.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "MSnews" <craig@nospam.milwauke...

CRM defaults
I have managed to break nearly all the settings in the IIS manager for all the websites. Using a PHP CGI install all the settings have been altered. Needless to say none of the IIS websites work anymore. I have fixed the OWA files by following instuctions on this forum. I was hoping that someone could let me know how I could repair my CRM settings without losing any data of course. Or if repair is not possible, then if someone could shed some light on the default IIS settings for CRM I think I could manually set them correctly. I have attempted to do the IIS restore, however the backup ...

Excel 2002 Task Pane
The task pane is no longer on the view menu. I still can access usin alt+F+N. It does appear at startup. Does anyone know how to restore it to the view menu ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you tried view>toolbars>customize>toolbars and reset? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "RP7073" <RP7073.xihfn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:RP7073.xihfn@excelforum-nospam.com... > > The task pane is no longer on the view m...

faq CList needs extra default copy constructor and assignment operator?
Hi, CList<CPoint,CPoint&> tmplist; CArray<CList<CPoint,CPoint&>,CList<CPoint,CPoint&>&> tmparray; use it, tmparray.Add(tmplist); the compiler say errors. I know now here I should provide copy constructor and assignment operator. But CList is part of STL, does it need copy constructor and assignment operator? How to do that? Thanks. fcvcnet wrote: > Hi, > CList<CPoint,CPoint&> tmplist; > CArray<CList<CPoint,CPoint&>,CList<CPoint,CPoint&>&> tmparray; > > use it, > > ...

default file locations #2
Application: Excel Version: 97 We have a shared file out on our server that sales accesses daily. On one computer when saving, it wants to save to his "my documents" folder on his local computer and not to the original location on the network. This just started happening on his computer. If I go to another computer and open and save it, it saves it to the correct network location. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just a guess, but are you sure that the user is hitting File|Save and not File|SaveAs. In xl97, file|saveAs will want to save to the default folder--not the folder ...

Some users can't personalize workplace
Some users can't fully personalize workplace. On the 'Set Personal Options' screen, everything is disabled on the Workplace tab. What privileges do you need for that? Regards, Marcin ...

Form won' tab through properly
Hi I need to create an electronic form and have been tearing my hair out about certain sections of it! I’m on Word 2007 and have been using the ‘legacy’ controls in Developer to set it up. I wanted to use the content controls as well, esp the calendar feature, but once it’s all protected and complete it won’t tab through nicely as stops on the last content control and I have to click with my mouse to carry it on. Do legacy controls and content controls not work together? Is there any way I can set the form up so it will tab straight through without stopping? -- Thank yo...

the Personalize Workplace link, Under Workplace, has disappeared
the Personalize Workplace link, Under Workplace, has disappeared. any ideas why, and how can i return it? I don't believe it's a permissions issue, since it happened to users with the system administrator's role, as well... Thanks in advance. ...

Dynamic tab controls
Hi, I hav created my dialog box dynamically and added the tab controls in the same way. Now the problem is where to handle the tab controls . I tried it in OnChildNotify(),but its not working. U can send me reply on <manish_4u5@yahoo.co.in> regards manish ...

Outlook Express and default beep
When I try to type an email, the default beep sounds at what seems like every 8th keystroke and the cursor moves to the Outlook files - out of the email I'm trying to type. The problem began about 3 days ago and seems to be connected with speed of typing. [Very slow = fewer interruptions] I need to know whom to contact about this or where to find a solution [before am reduced to quivering wreck] Outlook or Outlook Express? (They're not the same.) Are you inadvertently pressing one of the ALT keys or is one of them sticking? erica wrote: > When I try to type an...

Setting AutoNumber to Non-Default Value
I would like to use the AutoNumber data type within a field. However I would like the sequential autonumbering to begin from 6000 rather than the default value of 1(for the first record). Thanks for your help in advance. Jeff I suggest you may not want to use Autonumber for that use. Autonumbers are designed to provide unique numbers. It in not designed to provide numbers in order and for a number of reasons may not do so. As a result using them in any application where the user sees the numbers is likely to end up with confusion. There are other ways of providing the numbers...

How to change default zoom Excel 2007
I have a large desktop and would like to change the default zoom to 75% when I open a new spreadsheet. I can't find where to do this. I have Vista and am on a network. I thought the secret might be to modify book.xls or some default template but I can't seem to find it. Any help would sure be appreciated. Thanks You can create a template named Book in your xlstart folder Open a new workbook . Change the things you want in this workbook (Zoom/Font/background color, font and font size and ?) Then use File>Save As to save the file as a Template (xlt, in 2007 xltx or xltm) w...

pop up error from Outlook, window opens in tab
Hello, I'm using crm 4.0 with the Outlook client on about 20 computers. On 4 of them, all with Vista, when a button is pushed that would open a CRM window (such as advanced search) the window opens in a tab inside an existing internet explorer instance. If there is no existing internet explorer, one is started and the window is opened in a full screen browser instead of the smaller window it should start in. Outlook then gives an error message stating that it has been blocked, likely by a pop up blocker. The pop up blocker has been disabled, no 3rd party plug-ins are running...

How to display Campaign activities in my Workplace
I want to make campaign activities button visible in my Workplace and Sales and marketing areas. However i cannot adjust that setting for the Campaign activities etnity. None of the 'areas to show this entity' are marked, and all are greyed out, so I can't enable any of them. Can this be adjusted? How? Have you looked into configuring the Sitemap? The sitemap allows you to change the whole navigation structure and control what appears where. Have a look at the CRM SDK for more information. -- ----------------- Please note that the contents of my posts are my personal opi...

Default Dates
I have a query that calculates records between two dates as Between [Beginning Date] And [Ending Date] Is there a way to show a default value for the beginning and ending dates in the input boxes rather than having to enter a date every time? Thank you for any help Paul. Yes. Open the form in design view, click on the text box, right click, scroll to bottom, click on Properties, enter a default value or formula and select the format. -- Build a little, test a little. "Ampridge" wrote: > I have a query that calculates records between two dates as &g...

Creating a macro to name several tabs
I have this macro: Sub Macro() Sheets(1).Name = Range("b1").Value Range("B17").Select End Sub and it works in renaming the tab to whatever is in cell "B1" but I have 30+ tabs that I need to run this for and I can't figure out the rest of the macro needed for this to go thru all of the tabs and not just the first one. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Try: Sub macro() Dim i As Integer On Error Resume Next For i = 1 To Sheets.Count Sheets(i).Name = Sheets(i).Range("B1").Value Next i On Error GoTo ...