Workflows failing after adding site bindings

We have recently added web site bindings to our CRM server to enable
us to host other sites on the same machine (Sharepoint web front-end
in this case).

We have updated the server registry HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM
\ServerUrl to reflect the new name (http://CRM/MSCRMServices) - Thanks
to Michael Hoehne for that tip.

The problem now is that workflows do not appear to be firing
correctly. They start the "Workflow expansion task" then immediately
revert to a "Waiting" status.

Has anyone experienced this before and if so, what needs to be done to
resolve the problem?

Many thanks,
-Peter
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

workflow assembly vs. workflow bulk import
hi, i have a question concerning the account the workflow service is supposed to run at. I developed a Workflow Assembly which creates an Activity in CRM. I realized - maybe because of bad configuration - that the workflow service has to be run at a crm user account to work. Is this true or is local system also possible? Because now we realized that Bulk import only works when the Local System account is used for Workflow Service. Big Problem. Anybody with a similar problem and a resolution? martin ...

Help requested to construct this workflow rule...
We have a custom field on Account Detail screen where "Contract Expiry Date" is captured. We would like to create a work flow rule which will send an alert email to the Account Owner six months before the "Contract Expiry Date". We are putting our heads around on how to create this rule but could not achieve a result. Can someone guide us to the right direction? We will appreciate your help. I'm not sure if this works on custom attributes, haven't tested that. But, if it does then you could do this using a "Wait for Timer" condition. You set the time...

Adding a document shortcut to an Outlook task
Maybe I'm going crazy. I was positive that in the past I was able to place a shortcut to a Word document in an Outlook task by dragging the document from an Explorer window using the right mouse button onto the open task. If I do that to the desktop, I get a prompt asking me if I want to move, copy, or create a shortcut. I thought it used to work like that into a task as well. Today, when I tried it, I got no prompt and the document was copied to a temporary location (\Temporary Internet Files\OLK19). It isn't a shortcut, but a copy of the document, which is worse than useless. I ...

Can't open this item. The operation failed
Several E-mail messages from my inbox won't open. I get the following error message when I try to open them. Can't open this item. The operation failed ...

Is there a 'RecordChanged' event in workflow manager?
I'm not finding it if there is. I need to have CRM send Account and Incident info to BizTalk whenever the record changes, and someone suggested I write a workflow rule that posts account info to a URL to accomplish this. However, all I can find is a Status Change event that is not very useful for this. If anyone has a better idea, please don't be shy and let me know :) Also, after I save and activate the rule, it doesn't show up in the workflow monitor. thanks, Daniel. You can create a post callout for post-update. BK "Daniel Rimmelzwaan" <rimmelzwaan@xhotmail.c...

Automator Workflows
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've found out that Automator workflows are not included with the Home &amp; Student edition for some reason. Is there any way of downloading these or making workflows myself that can be used in Office? <br> Thanks. ...

Requested downgrade to .Net 7.0 from 7.1 on MS site, but nothing happened
Hello, I applied for a downgrade on the mi website at http;//www.microsoft.com/permission/request/permission.asp but it has been over a week since then. Is microsoft gonna get back to me? My reference number was S1R9353. Does anyone know if I should wait some more or what I should do, or who I could call about this? Thanks, Ivan This is between you and Microsoft. You should deal with them directly about it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ivan Starr" <ivan@ivanstarr.com> wrote in message news:ex1QX0AgEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, &g...

AD 2003 to AD 2008 upgrade
Hi, I've just built a test lab which has our 2 x windows 2003 DC's in it. I want to have a look at Windows 2008 AD so I was wondering is it best for me to upgrade one of the test DC's to Windows 2008 or create a 3rd Windows 2008 member server and promote it? Thanks Hello Whiteford, I prefer always to install an additional DC when new OS versions are used, even if inplace upgrades are fully supported from Microsoft. See my blog about: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/archive/2010/02/10/upgrading-an-active-directory-domain-from-windows-server-2003-to-windows-s...

adding lookup window and retrieve value
hi please I really need help I want to add text box in screen Sales Order Setup "from tools-->setup-->sales-->sales order processing-->button Order" and button to open lookup window of user classes so the problem that I want to open this window and retrieve the returned value into that text box this is the first point and the other point is : after I save that text box with the document id in new table ,and try to retrieve that any document id by pressing lookup button of document I can't retrieve the class again another point: I make the first part by dexterit...

Workflow query
I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status event). Any ideas? PS: Merry Christmas everybody! You won't be able to this by workflows. You'll need to write custom code to trap the Update event. "Datapac" wrote: > I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a > Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status > event). > > Any ideas? > > PS: Merry Christmas everybody! MS has just ...

Windows Updates Failed
Automatic Updates is enabled. Updates download but will not install. Failed installation. Also cannot instal updates for Skype or Adobe Please advise. Thanks • Which version of the Windows operating system am I running? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/help/which-version-of-the-windows-operating-system-am-i-running • Is my PC running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/find-out-32-or-64-bit Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Wi...

Include activities created by the workflow
Can you explain me the difference between checking the Include activities created by the workflow option and not checking it .. Can you tell me if this option really works ? I hope you can help me this is mi scenario 1.- I need to send and email automatically when a case is created (I already do this with a workflow rule) .. 2.- Wait 8 hours (I already know how to do this) 3.- Then Check if any other activity has been created besides the email send in number 1 4.- If no activity has been created then I send an email I thougth that if the Include activities generated by workflow is NOT ch...

Workflow email off of custom entity
I am trying to create a workflow that sends email to a lead on the creation of an attached, custom entity. My specific case is: internet user requests information from the website. They sign up to receive the information, and what they enter on the sign-up gets put into a lead. They then request a specific item, and this gets placed into a custom entity in CRM. Now, when the custom entity is created, I want to trigger an email to be sent to the person that just requested it, which is stored on the lead. This would work if I could call a manual workflow as a subprocess from a different ent...

ActiveSync fails if the SMTP primary e-mail is not the same as the user ID #2
Please help. I have already made a posting below. Is there any fix for this. Or some configuration changes. ...

Word Template Integration With AD
Hopefully someone will have an idea of how to do what I'm trying to do. We use custom templates for MS Word 2003. The templates contain user names so when creating a letter, we can populate the info (address, etc) automaticatically once a name is selected. The problem is that we have to manually edit the Names.doc file everytime we have a new user or name change, etc. Is there any way to get the info to be pulled directly from Active Directory so everytime a change is made in AD, it is also made in the template file? Thanks in advance for any replies received. Yes that i...

ODBC Error Message: Configuration Process Failed...
A second error appears that says "Could not write to registry". I have an ODBC connection that our team added to a number of users machines. Through a button it is pulling information from an Access DB. The connection worked, when set-up, on all but about 6 machines. The errors, as mentioned above, were "Configuration Process Failed" and "Could not write to registry". I have been unsuccessful in locating a topic in forums, help files, etc, related to this. Has anyone seen this before? Do you know a solution? Thank you! ...

Error opening Workflow Manager and Monitor
When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the following message: "An error occured while loading the organization's date, time, and number format settings. Those settings are incompatible with the format alredy used in Workflow Monitor. To sync them, you can make changes in the System Customization area of Microsoft CRM Server." Which formats are valid? Regards Thomas Did you find a solution to this ? I have the same problem. Anne Busby thomas svensson wrote: > When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the > following message: > > &qu...

Portal Workflow
I have an intermittant problem showing up in Workflows (BP2.7 GP8 sp4a). Most times HR or Payroll dept changes go through fine, but sometimes one gets stuck. Go to ->Site Settings>Application Settings>Workflow>Process Log. When this happens "End" and resubmit fixes it. Once, I had Microsoft helped me clear the tables when "End" did not work". What might be causing this? Comments Tab ********************************************************* Network The system encountered the following error while processing your Service request: Act...

Workflow
Hi, We are using Great Plains 8 and soon might be upgrading to 9.0. We are considering to implement a Workflow and Document Management system and will very soon start reviewing the products. Two workflow systems that we will be looking into are Teamplate from Captaris and Documentum. We would like to know which workflow system has a better integration with Great Plains? Any other workflow system that we should consider? Thanks, ...

Failed to register Service Principal Name for exchangeMDB
I've just started getting this error message on our exchange server.. Event ID = 9317 Source = MSExchangeSA Text = Failed to register Service Principal Name for exchangeRFR; error code was c007200e. All seems to be ok on exchange, apart from webmail clients are having to login using their username@domain instead of just username. Anyone else had this before? Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks Richard Check to see that the server object is in the Exchange Domain Servers group. The error looks as if it can't see the NETBIOS name of the server. Is there any kind of DNS suffix ...

workflow #4
Hi I have installed Override Sales credit limit workflow. The work flow works for a bit and then falls over. The user will submit for approval and when she goes back into the order ,the status is still waiting to be submited. Sometimes when we run reconcile it resolves the problem. and there again it does not and the order cannot be approved. Has anybody had this issue and if so How did you resolve it Please help ------=_NextPart_0001_193EBBD6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. In some cases where Workflow may function for ...

Adding rows of data based on first column
Not sure if I worded that correctly. Here's what I need to do: I have sales data for a month that is listed individually by date and item number. I need to go through the entire workbook and find each occurance of each item and add together the number of items ordered. Here is an example: Item TotalOrdered 119 1 121 1 121 1 121 1 182 1 182 1 206 1 206 1 223 1 589 1 589 1 As you can see, item 121 had 3 ordered, 589 had 2 ordered. Is there a formula I can use to do this automatically? Thanks. -- Excel Noobie Look in the help index for COUNTIF -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel Sales...

triggering a workflow activity when another workflow is finished
I have a workflow in CRM 4.0 that has 2 steps - the first step runs a child workflow and the second step sends out an email dependent on the first step's results. Unfortunately, the second step starts before the child workflow in the first step is completed - not what I want to do. How do I make the second step wait for the child workflow to finish? On Jan 24, 5:34=A0pm, Laura Bennett <l...@embracepetinsurance.com> wrote: > I have a workflow in CRM 4.0 that has 2 steps - the first step runs a > child workflow and the second step sends out an email dependent on the > first...

"Failed to open a rowset", "Cannot obtain error message from Server."
Hi...I've been working on this report for the past few days and I haven't been able to solve this problem! I'm using Crystal 9.0 and I've got 2 subreports within a main report and they connect to a stored procedure via ODBC...every time I enter a parameter that has no matching records, I get the following two messages "Failed to open a rowset" and "Not supported. Details: Cannot obtain error message from Server." I can't figure out where or why this occurs...Can anyone look this over and see what I'm doing wrong?? 1st Subreport declare @curruser ...

After failed update download, how can I bring back Excel?
-- New XP User Are you using windows xp, then you can restore to an earlier, go into windows xp help and go to using system restore to undo changes, follow the directions -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Virginia" <Virginia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A51EE3C6-98CC-435B-9FE0-88F0CCE45F7B@microsoft.com... > > -- > New XP User Did you have a failed XP update or failed Office Update? One solution, uninstall Microsoft Office and reinstall it again "Virginia" <Virginia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...