Workflow Rule -> Closing Activity

I set up a Manual Workflow Rule for Contacts to close out Holiday Season
cards sent.  The rule uses a condition to check for Contacts with cards sent
and then Creates an Activity to add to each of the appropriate Contacts for
future reference.  What else do I need to do to close out all of activites
rather than 1 at a time?

Here is the workflow rule if that helps:

if
   Contact.holidaycardlist = 1
then
   Letter: Send Holiday Card
endif

--
Dan W
Systems Engineer

workflow assembly vs. workflow bulk import
hi, i have a question concerning the account the workflow service is supposed to run at. I developed a Workflow Assembly which creates an Activity in CRM. I realized - maybe because of bad configuration - that the workflow service has to be run at a crm user account to work. Is this true or is local system also possible? Because now we realized that Bulk import only works when the Local System account is used for Workflow Service. Big Problem. Anybody with a similar problem and a resolution? martin ...

Active Directory contact objects
Hi, Anybody have any idea why my new contact objects created in AD are not appearing in the global address list in Outlook. Objects have had email address created via exchange tasks. Aloha Andy, When did you create them? It can take some time for the OAB to be rebuilt and pushed out to your client machines. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html > Hi, > > Anybody have any idea why my new contact objects created in AD are not > appearing in the global address list in Outl...

Help requested to construct this workflow rule...
We have a custom field on Account Detail screen where "Contract Expiry Date" is captured. We would like to create a work flow rule which will send an alert email to the Account Owner six months before the "Contract Expiry Date". We are putting our heads around on how to create this rule but could not achieve a result. Can someone guide us to the right direction? We will appreciate your help. I'm not sure if this works on custom attributes, haven't tested that. But, if it does then you could do this using a "Wait for Timer" condition. You set the time...

Is there a 'RecordChanged' event in workflow manager?
I'm not finding it if there is. I need to have CRM send Account and Incident info to BizTalk whenever the record changes, and someone suggested I write a workflow rule that posts account info to a URL to accomplish this. However, all I can find is a Status Change event that is not very useful for this. If anyone has a better idea, please don't be shy and let me know :) Also, after I save and activate the rule, it doesn't show up in the workflow monitor. thanks, Daniel. You can create a post callout for post-update. BK "Daniel Rimmelzwaan" <rimmelzwaan@xhotmail.c...

rule to print on weekend only?
in outlook 2000, is there a way to make e-mails from a specific person only print but only on the weekends? No, unless you disable the rule during the week. I don't know if any of the tools here: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/printarrival.asp will do this automatically. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLET...

Automator Workflows
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've found out that Automator workflows are not included with the Home &amp; Student edition for some reason. Is there any way of downloading these or making workflows myself that can be used in Office? <br> Thanks. ...

Workflow query
I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status event). Any ideas? PS: Merry Christmas everybody! You won't be able to this by workflows. You'll need to write custom code to trap the Update event. "Datapac" wrote: > I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a > Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status > event). > > Any ideas? > > PS: Merry Christmas everybody! MS has just ...

Can't activate free trial
I already had Office but it did not include OneNote and I want to try it. I downloaded the 60 day trial but when I access OneNote from my Start menu and use the Product Key I was sent it says it's the wrong key. I am positive it's the right key. I do not see anything that indicates a Trial version of OneNote. Do I have to uninstall something before I do the trial? What key are you using to type into OneNote? The one from your original copy of Office or one received from MS after the trial download? Did you copy/paste the key or type it? I don't mean this in an ins...

Outlook Rules to move messages
I have been asked what happens if 2 rules that move a message to 2 different folders are valid for more than 1 email. e.g. rule 1: move an email with manchester in subject to manchester folder rule 2: move an email with liverpool in subject to liverpool folder what will happen if my email contanis both manchester and liverpool in the subject folder. You'll end up with one copy in the Manchester folder and one copy in the Liverpool folder. This is why sorting your rules, settings exceptions and setting the "stop processing rules" action is so important. For ...

Error opening Workflow Manager and Monitor
When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the following message: "An error occured while loading the organization's date, time, and number format settings. Those settings are incompatible with the format alredy used in Workflow Monitor. To sync them, you can make changes in the System Customization area of Microsoft CRM Server." Which formats are valid? Regards Thomas Did you find a solution to this ? I have the same problem. Anne Busby thomas svensson wrote: > When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the > following message: > > &qu...

Qtek 2020, Active Sync and Outlook CRM
We have a customer where I discovered that the CRM toolbar wouldn't show as long as the Qtek pocket pc was attached at startup. Is there issues with activesync and crm for outlook ? Furthermore we have problems with other computers generating errors when we create contacts, but when we clear the forms cache it works fine untill next publishing. Do we have to clear the cache after each publishing ? Isn't there any fix for the problems with crmaddin.dll and the clear cache problem ?? Jack ...

Include activities created by the workflow
Can you explain me the difference between checking the Include activities created by the workflow option and not checking it .. Can you tell me if this option really works ? I hope you can help me this is mi scenario 1.- I need to send and email automatically when a case is created (I already do this with a workflow rule) .. 2.- Wait 8 hours (I already know how to do this) 3.- Then Check if any other activity has been created besides the email send in number 1 4.- If no activity has been created then I send an email I thougth that if the Include activities generated by workflow is NOT ch...

Workflow email off of custom entity
I am trying to create a workflow that sends email to a lead on the creation of an attached, custom entity. My specific case is: internet user requests information from the website. They sign up to receive the information, and what they enter on the sign-up gets put into a lead. They then request a specific item, and this gets placed into a custom entity in CRM. Now, when the custom entity is created, I want to trigger an email to be sent to the person that just requested it, which is stored on the lead. This would work if I could call a manual workflow as a subprocess from a different ent...

Exchange 5.5 moving into Active Directory
I need to know if I can move Exchange 5.5 into Active Directory 2003. If so is there anydocumentation somewhere for me to see. Joel: The tool you are looking for (if you are looking for a Microsoft tool) is the Active Directory Connector (the ADC). It is found on the Exchange 2003 CD-ROM or the Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1 CD or download (in the ADC directory). There are dozens of possible permutations for implementing the ADC. It will all depend on your environment. Usually (but not always), the ADC assumes that your user accounts are already created in the Active Dire...

Rules Seem to Stop Working
I use Rules in Outlook 2003 SP2, to move messages into folders depending on sender and address to information. It seems lately that some of the rules fail to do requested task. If the problem lasts more that a couple days I create a new rule to complete the task. Any ideas what may be causing this. Could my file be getting too large. Properties show > 2 GB, but still show this after I deleted 1000's of messages. Thank you If your .pst file is almost 2 gigs and it is the older (ansi) format, = you need to do some serious maintenance right now. Compact your .pst = file after emp...

Completing the activity using custom .net code
Hello, Depending upon certain conditions in a custom code i want to complete the task activity which should then be visible in History link of CRM. Can anyone give me the sample code for the same. protected void Button1_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { CrmService service=new CrmService(); service.Url=ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["Url"]; service.Credentials = new System.Net.NetworkCredential(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["CredentialsUName"],ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["CredentialsPwd"],ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["Cred...

Portal Workflow
I have an intermittant problem showing up in Workflows (BP2.7 GP8 sp4a). Most times HR or Payroll dept changes go through fine, but sometimes one gets stuck. Go to ->Site Settings>Application Settings>Workflow>Process Log. When this happens "End" and resubmit fixes it. Once, I had Microsoft helped me clear the tables when "End" did not work". What might be causing this? Comments Tab ********************************************************* Network The system encountered the following error while processing your Service request: Act...

Tracking Multiple User Activities in Contacts
We have Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003. In our office there are three physical therapists that each have a calendar. We have it setup so that the receptionist and everyone can view each others calendars and make and change appointments. It's great to be able to see the three calendars side by side when making appointments for patients. What we haven't been able to do so far is: Have one set of shared contacts that we can look at and assign (link) appointments too. We would like to see upcoming appointments on the activities tab. Is there any way possible to have every use...

Promote email to CRM activities
I found that once clicked "Promote email to CRM activities" from SFO, the email is locked to CRM, even no any input "Regarding" and click File-> Close accidently. How come? any solution to un-promote it? Thanks ...

Word 2007, Runtime Error code: 429, Active X component can't creat
We have office 2007 professional installed, some users are getting the following error when opening word 2007 Runtime Error code: 429, Active X component can't create object. When I re-create windows profile it's works fine, Is any workaround for this, or is any easy way to just re-create offcie 2007 profile ? ...

Why does OL skip processing of rules sometimes?
....Like when I am trying to do something else like open a mail item, etc. I know that this takes cycles away from other activities, but still, why can't the thing keep track of pending moves that need to be made and 'catch up' later when it has the chance? This seems to be exactly the kind of tedious task computers are well-suited for! ;-) The alternative, me having to manually re-run the rules is defeating the entire purpose of why I have these rules in the first place! Filtering of emails is not the kind of process that I would expect to slow my system to such a crawl that i...

Workflow
Hi, We are using Great Plains 8 and soon might be upgrading to 9.0. We are considering to implement a Workflow and Document Management system and will very soon start reviewing the products. Two workflow systems that we will be looking into are Teamplate from Captaris and Documentum. We would like to know which workflow system has a better integration with Great Plains? Any other workflow system that we should consider? Thanks, ...

Creating activities on other's behalf
We regularly create telephone calls for colleagues. However, it is currently impossible to change the ownership of the activities to the colleague the activity is created for, with the result that the activity stays in the Activity list of the organizer. The data in this list also doesn't change, even if the activity has been chenged. This is a security-role issue, so I have checked and changed these, but this doesn't seem to help. All my colleagues have all possible right concerning activities within the Business Unit. Does someone have a suggestion as to what the problem might...

workflow #4
Hi I have installed Override Sales credit limit workflow. The work flow works for a bit and then falls over. The user will submit for approval and when she goes back into the order ,the status is still waiting to be submited. Sometimes when we run reconcile it resolves the problem. and there again it does not and the order cannot be approved. Has anybody had this issue and if so How did you resolve it Please help ------=_NextPart_0001_193EBBD6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. In some cases where Workflow may function for ...

Importing message rules and mail accounts
Hi, I just upgraded to a larger HDD. I installed Office 2003 and Outlook. Now I want to restore all my message rules and mail accounts from my old HDD but do not know where they are located. I did find the mail storage folder (C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook) and was able to import my emails, calendar etc. but the message rules, mail accounts and those little reply "wiggles" were not included. I hope there is a way to easily import or copy them onto the new HDD. Thank you, AJS Please do not multi-post. See your answer ...