Workflow question: Upon opening a new case notify team

I am trying to configure CRM so that it will notify a team (all team members)
when a case is opened.  How would I accomplish this? I have created a team,
called tech support, added members, and was setting up a workflow rule when I
noticed that you can set up notifications only to users, not teams.  This
just doesn't seem right.
Oh yeah, I also created a new email template.  Same thing, 1 owner....
What am I missing?
David M
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Afraid there is no easy way to do this.  You could use a Post-URL action to send
the message and it could expand out the team members.  Also note that you can't
use a Template when sending to internal users.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:26:45 -0700, "David M" <DavidM@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

I am trying to configure CRM so that it will notify a team (all team members)
when a case is opened.  How would I accomplish this? I have created a team,
called tech support, added members, and was setting up a workflow rule when I
noticed that you can set up notifications only to users, not teams.  This
just doesn't seem right.
Oh yeah, I also created a new email template.  Same thing, 1 owner....
What am I missing?
David M

0
Matt

Help requested to construct this workflow rule...
We have a custom field on Account Detail screen where "Contract Expiry Date" is captured. We would like to create a work flow rule which will send an alert email to the Account Owner six months before the "Contract Expiry Date". We are putting our heads around on how to create this rule but could not achieve a result. Can someone guide us to the right direction? We will appreciate your help. I'm not sure if this works on custom attributes, haven't tested that. But, if it does then you could do this using a "Wait for Timer" condition. You set the time...

Question...
I have a business and want to start sending out newsletters. I have already purchased a program to blast the emails but need to collect the emails. To do this I am going to set a computer on the checkout counter and allow them to enter their info while their items are scanned. I would just do an excel spreadsheet but I don't want people seeing everyones information. So, I have been trying to build a SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE form in access that will collect the info. I have the form built but am at a loss when programming comes into play. I realize that there are navigation arrows at the bottom...

opening files
unable to open files from the file menu...it is not highlighted as an option Is there a question in there? What version of Outlook are you using? Where are you trying to open the file? What type of file are you trying to open? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer mlssnmylove@msn.com <mlssnmylove@msn.com> asked: | unable to open files from the file menu...it is not | highlighted as an option ...

Cannot merge cells, old spreadsheets, new Excel
Using Excel2002, having upgraded from Excel'97. Whenever I open up an old spreadsheet, the "merge cells" command is not accessible. It it grayed out on the toolbar, and if I try to manually format a cell/cells, "merge cells" is checked and grayed out for every cell in the worksheet. user Perhaps the sheet is protected under Tools>Protection? If not, try this........ CRTL + A to select all cells on the sheet. Format>Cells>Alignment. Click on the grayed-out Merge check-box a couple of times to set and re-set to clear it. Gord Dibben XL2002 On 7 Dec 20...

2 Part Question
Hi, I'm looking to be able to type 2 lines of text in a single cell. Each time I press "enter" my cursor goes to the next cell. Is there a way to do this. Next. I'm trying to create a reservation book for my restaurant. I have the form all setup the way I like it but I was wondering if there is a way to set the date in a cell so that when I print each page will have a different date. Sort of like a calendar. Thank you, John Bordieri Hi John use Alt+Enter instead of Enter and this will insert a line feed. With regard to dates, putting =TODAY() in a cell will inser...

excel files converted to *.wks upon upgrading to Win XP Pro
Upon upgrading my desktop from Win 98 to Win XP Pro, many Excel files were converted to Works (*.wks) files. Cannot open them using Excel or Word... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "pioneer028" <pioneer028.uw92m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:pioneer028.uw92m@excelforum-nospam.com... > Upon upgrading my desktop from Win 98 to Win XP Pro, many Excel files > were converted to Works (*.wks) files. Cannot open them us...

new, old, difference
This is most likely a very basic question, since I am a relatively lo level excel user. Three columns: New Old Difference a a b b c d c f e d g e f g how do I find the difference? sort? filter? We are talking about hundreds of products listed in different spreadsheets thanks for any help I hope it was clear enough.. I hope you guys can help a newbie ou -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The *difference* would generally be a number, no? So what do you mean, the difference? You...

tab problem when adding new field to subform
My tab sequence does not recognize the new field I added on an existing subform. I added the new field on a row between two existing fields, and the tab skips over the the new field. I tried using Auto Order on the Tab Order pop-up window, but no change. When I click in the new field and pull up the Tab Order window, the window shows the fields on the main form, but not the fields on the subform. The main form and subform use the same table as their data sources. Your help is much appreciated. <susanhull@ou.edu> wrote > My tab sequence does not recognize the new field I added on an...

Looking to buy a new system
The sales people just left my store, and I liked what I saw. I am also looking in to other POS software and they all seam to do the same thing. The other software I am looking in to also use the same data base type as Microsoft RMS. What I want to know is why did you choose Microsoft RMS over the others you all looked at. Thank you for your help. I bought it because I thought that Microsoft would integrate it with its other systems (Outlook, SBF...) but in the 2 or 3 years since I bought it that has not happened. In fact they have even given us a new release in a very long time for...

workflow assembly vs. workflow bulk import
hi, i have a question concerning the account the workflow service is supposed to run at. I developed a Workflow Assembly which creates an Activity in CRM. I realized - maybe because of bad configuration - that the workflow service has to be run at a crm user account to work. Is this true or is local system also possible? Because now we realized that Bulk import only works when the Local System account is used for Workflow Service. Big Problem. Anybody with a similar problem and a resolution? martin ...

CSV Export Question
I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet that I am saving as a .csv file (saves the current sheet). All works fine with the exception of cells that have 0 as a value. In those cases instead of saving in the format of ,0, it saves in the format of ,, (Basically it won't save the 0 but leaves it blank and just goes to the , to indicate the next column. Is there a way I can force Excel to save the 0? Thanks! -Richard K There are multiple different csv options... the one you want is "CSV (Comma delimited)(*.csv)" not "CSV (Macintosh)(*.csv)" or "CSV (MS-DOS)(*.cs...

Table open error in Collections Management Query Letters
I got this "Table open error" message when I attempt to print Collection letters either individually through the collection main screen or through build collection letters. Any idea what is wrong? Thank you ...

Sort discussion forum questions by date
IN THIS HELP DISCUSSION FORUM, is there a way to sort questions by date? I see all types of questions in no specific order. Specifically, I'd like to see the most recently posted questions. How can that be done? Hi again Tammi, I believe the list in the Microsoft web portal is default sorted to date order. I don't even think there is a way to change away from that sort. What link are you using? http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.powerpoint&lang=en&cr=US If you are using one of the others, you will have to check...

Continuous Form Question
I have a continuous form that has HorseID,HorseName,ExpensesItem,ExpensesCost I have a combo box cmbsearch that shows HorseID,HorseName, that is queried to a query to only show unique Names How do I filter my Continuous form so as when I select a HorseID,HorseName it only shows those records below Thanks for any help..........Bob Hi Bob, Assuming that cmbSearch is on the main form and HorseID is its bound column, use the AfterUpdate event of the combo: Private Sub CboSearch_AfterUpdate() Form("SubFormNameHere").Form.Filter = _ "[HorseID]=" & Me.CboSe...

Is there a 'RecordChanged' event in workflow manager?
I'm not finding it if there is. I need to have CRM send Account and Incident info to BizTalk whenever the record changes, and someone suggested I write a workflow rule that posts account info to a URL to accomplish this. However, all I can find is a Status Change event that is not very useful for this. If anyone has a better idea, please don't be shy and let me know :) Also, after I save and activate the rule, it doesn't show up in the workflow monitor. thanks, Daniel. You can create a post callout for post-update. BK "Daniel Rimmelzwaan" <rimmelzwaan@xhotmail.c...

Data Shifting Question
Hello, I have several spreadsheets in the following format: Col A contains names and Cols B through H contain data. So each row contains data for a name in Col A. The problem is that some of the data rows contain only data in Col B. Or Cols B and C. Or cols B and C and D, etc. The data always starts in Col B and is in each subsequent column until there is no more; there are no blank cells between cells containing data in any row. I need to "right justify" all data so that the last data point in a row is always in Col H, the second to last always in Col G, etc. Some of...

Automator Workflows
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've found out that Automator workflows are not included with the Home &amp; Student edition for some reason. Is there any way of downloading these or making workflows myself that can be used in Office? <br> Thanks. ...

Newbie question on CString Replace method
Hi, I Try to use CString's Replace method to get rid of double- quote characters in it. I tried : strBuffer = strBuffer.Replace('\"', '\0'); and strBuffer = strBuffer.Replace("\"", ""); Both of them give me strange result. Thanks in Advance Danny, Replace() method returns the number of replaced instances. You need to call strBuffer.Replace("\"", ""); NOT strBuffer = strBuffer.Replace("\"", ""); -- Vladimir Khvostov Danny Ni wrote: > Hi, > > I Try to use CString's Repla...

sumif question #3
I am having a block right now with this. I want to get data from a different worksheet but I need a formula that will sum on two different conditions as follows. Sheet 1 Rep Account# Account Name Sales Sheet 2 Rep Account# Account Name Sales I want to pull the sales data from sheet 2 into sheet 1 based on Rep and Account# Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ =SUMPRODUCT((Rep="brianwa")*(Acct="account#")*(Sales)) -- Gre...

Subreport question
I have a report and subreport working just fine as far as outputing the data I need. The problem is formatting. When I click on properties for the subreports, there is no column width adjustment. I have been going and adjusting the column width on the tables serving as a source for the subreports and that works fine by trial and error. I was wondering if there is a way to make all the formatting on a report with subreports look exactly the same without having to go through the rigamarole. Also, I have lines around all the subreports and no lines around the data in the main report. I kn...

Unable to open your default e-mail folders
Hi all, When I login to a notebook as a local administrator, and I use another user mailbox by outlook is ok. But, when I want to use this mailbox in offline mode. I receive the following message: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not be opened." I use xp + office 2003 in notebook and windows 2000 + exchange 2000 in server. thx a lot Is your mailbox configured for Cached Exchange Mode? If so, the cache file might be damaged. Delete the ost-file and have Outlook resync with Exchange. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlo...

Workflow query
I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status event). Any ideas? PS: Merry Christmas everybody! You won't be able to this by workflows. You'll need to write custom code to trap the Update event. "Datapac" wrote: > I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a > Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status > event). > > Any ideas? > > PS: Merry Christmas everybody! MS has just ...

ADO question
I've been using ODBC for all of my DB connections, but found a solution for a problem I was having using ADO. I've been reading mdsn all day searching for something that is coherent regarding ADO. I want to post my code, and tell you where I'm having problems. Most of this is borrowed and not yet cleaned up. I'm trying to execute a stored command (SQL Server) by issuing a raw SQL command in the form of "strSQLDBFetch". When I issue this command in an SQL command line, I get all of the databases on the server I'm connected to. My problem is after the connecti...

SQL check query question
Hi everybody - I am trying to write a sql query that will pull in the check number/ and invoice number that it paid. It would also be nice if it could pull in the journal entry number as well. Any suggestions? let me revise my question please: my manager wants a report that will show the check amount paid on a PO Invoice. I need to be able to query the vendor/check number/check amount/po invoice ** the part I am struggling with is getting the query to pull the po invoice! what table would link the check number with the po invoice? "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > Hi everyb...

dialog based implementation
The member function OnExtraInit will place two dialogs (dlg1 and dlg2) side by side. dlg1 refers to the dialog pertaining to the class trs_lsr_cmd_dlg while dlg2 refers to the dialog for class trs_lsr_status_dlg. So now: trs_lsr_cmd_dlg::trs_lsr_cmd_dlg(trs_lsr_ctrl_dlg_main* pParent /*=NULL*/) : CDialog(trs_lsr_cmd_dlg::IDD, pParent) { m_hIcon = AfxGetApp()->LoadIcon(IDI_LSR_TRS_ICON); VERIFY(ptr_trs_lsr_status_dlg = new trs_lsr_status_dlg(pParent)); VERIFY(ptr_trs_test_dlg = new trs_test_dlg(pParent)); m_pParent = pParent; } trs_lsr_cmd_dlg::~trs_lsr_cmd_dlg() { if (ptr_trs...