Workflow query

I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a
Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status
event).

Any ideas?

PS: Merry Christmas everybody!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You won't be able to this by workflows.  You'll need to write custom code to
trap the Update event.

"Datapac" wrote:

> I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a
> Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status
> event).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> PS: Merry Christmas everybody!
MS has just released a set of tutorials and sample set. It includes an
example to tackle your problem.

A Business Process and Workflow Accelerator for Microsoft CRM Version 1.2

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8D31A81C-E369-4E07-8268-6E2407C6BF14&displaylang=en

HTH,

Gaurav Dalal

"Datapac" wrote:

> I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a
> Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status
> event).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> PS: Merry Christmas everybody!
If it's ANY UPDATE event that would be tough.  But if you didn't mean that
literally ....

You can set a workflow to check the conditon of a field for an object.  Set
the workflow to kick off on Create and then use Check Object Conditon.  A
simple example, when an Account accounttypecode = Standard then perform a
specific action.  These options are possible throughout Workflow.

"Ambuj" wrote:

> You won't be able to this by workflows.  You'll need to write custom code to
> trap the Update event.
>

> "Datapac" wrote:
>
> > I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a
> > Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status
> > event).
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > PS: Merry Christmas everybody!
You can just use a wait condition. Set up a workflow rule that starts
on case create and use a Wait condition that will sit idle until the
field/value that you set up is changed to the value that will trigger
your event....

0
SteveT
12/23/2004 9:35:34 PM
This will work, as long as you only want the event to fire once.  If you need
this to monitor the record for more than 1 change, than this won't work.  This
can also increase the overhead on the system as the workflow tables will have a
extra records in there for these rules.

An alternative is to implement a Post-Callout.  It's not as easy, but it will
work.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On 23 Dec 2004 13:35:34 -0800, "SteveT" <drumguy61-google@yahoo.com> wrote:

You can just use a wait condition. Set up a workflow rule that starts
on case create and use a Wait condition that will sit idle until the
field/value that you set up is changed to the value that will trigger
your event....

0
Matt

Unmatched Query 12-07-07
Is it possible to create an unmatched query without having a primary key or a field to uniquely identify each record? Thanks. You have to have some way to identify which records should match which records - that can be multiple fields and does not have to include a primary key. For example the following would work. SELECT A.* FROM SomeTable as A LEFT JOIN AnotherTable As B ON A.LastName = B.LastName AND A.FirstName = B.FirstName AND A.ZipCode = B.ZipCode WHERE B.LastName is Null There might be problems in records being returned where there is a match if any of the fields can be null. ...

workflow assembly vs. workflow bulk import
hi, i have a question concerning the account the workflow service is supposed to run at. I developed a Workflow Assembly which creates an Activity in CRM. I realized - maybe because of bad configuration - that the workflow service has to be run at a crm user account to work. Is this true or is local system also possible? Because now we realized that Bulk import only works when the Local System account is used for Workflow Service. Big Problem. Anybody with a similar problem and a resolution? martin ...

Help requested to construct this workflow rule...
We have a custom field on Account Detail screen where "Contract Expiry Date" is captured. We would like to create a work flow rule which will send an alert email to the Account Owner six months before the "Contract Expiry Date". We are putting our heads around on how to create this rule but could not achieve a result. Can someone guide us to the right direction? We will appreciate your help. I'm not sure if this works on custom attributes, haven't tested that. But, if it does then you could do this using a "Wait for Timer" condition. You set the time...

Is there a 'RecordChanged' event in workflow manager?
I'm not finding it if there is. I need to have CRM send Account and Incident info to BizTalk whenever the record changes, and someone suggested I write a workflow rule that posts account info to a URL to accomplish this. However, all I can find is a Status Change event that is not very useful for this. If anyone has a better idea, please don't be shy and let me know :) Also, after I save and activate the rule, it doesn't show up in the workflow monitor. thanks, Daniel. You can create a post callout for post-update. BK "Daniel Rimmelzwaan" <rimmelzwaan@xhotmail.c...

Table open error in Collections Management Query Letters
I got this "Table open error" message when I attempt to print Collection letters either individually through the collection main screen or through build collection letters. Any idea what is wrong? Thank you ...

Automator Workflows
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've found out that Automator workflows are not included with the Home &amp; Student edition for some reason. Is there any way of downloading these or making workflows myself that can be used in Office? <br> Thanks. ...

View Null Results in Query
i have an access 2003 query SELECT [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip].[Event Type], [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip].State, DateSerial(Year([Date/Time*]),Month([Date/Time*]),Day([Date/Time*])) AS [Date], TimeSerial(Hour([Date/Time*]),Minute([Date/Time*]),0) AS TimePeriod, Count(*) AS Total FROM [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip] GROUP BY [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip].[Event Type], [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip].State, DateSerial(Year([Date/Time*]),Month([Date/Time*]),Day([Date/Time*])), TimeSerial(Hour([Date/Time*]),Minute([Date/...

SQL check query question
Hi everybody - I am trying to write a sql query that will pull in the check number/ and invoice number that it paid. It would also be nice if it could pull in the journal entry number as well. Any suggestions? let me revise my question please: my manager wants a report that will show the check amount paid on a PO Invoice. I need to be able to query the vendor/check number/check amount/po invoice ** the part I am struggling with is getting the query to pull the po invoice! what table would link the check number with the po invoice? "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > Hi everyb...

Workflow query
I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status event). Any ideas? PS: Merry Christmas everybody! You won't be able to this by workflows. You'll need to write custom code to trap the Update event. "Datapac" wrote: > I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a > Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status > event). > > Any ideas? > > PS: Merry Christmas everybody! MS has just ...

Headings to rows in a query
Hi I have a number of columns in the query and I created one column called data from and I would like to put those headings to rows. How to do it? Example Cost C Cost D Data From 1122 Cost C 1122 Cost D Can you advise how to do it? -- Greatly appreciated Eva Usually you do something like this in labels on the form or report which uses your query as a recordsource. Please explain why you want to do this in your query. Steve santus@penn.com "Eva" <Eva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40EBA712-466B-...

Edit and save query criteria
I have 2 Select queries where the results criteria changes on a yearly basis for 2 fields. There are 6 tables referenced in the queries. Only 2 tables referenced with 1 field each where the criteria would be changed. How could a user edit and save these changes? These are very Novice users of a database who would not have access to the open database. This was a homegrown database, but now trying to make it useable for others who have little to no experience. Thanks for any and all suggestions. -- DN One way would be to use a parameter prompt where the users are prompte...

Error opening Workflow Manager and Monitor
When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the following message: "An error occured while loading the organization's date, time, and number format settings. Those settings are incompatible with the format alredy used in Workflow Monitor. To sync them, you can make changes in the System Customization area of Microsoft CRM Server." Which formats are valid? Regards Thomas Did you find a solution to this ? I have the same problem. Anne Busby thomas svensson wrote: > When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the > following message: > > &qu...

Update Query
I have a table made up of fields A, B, and C. I want to update the data in the table such that the value in fields C is placed in field A, and field C is set to null. thanks for the help -seems like this should be very simple. -- Bill Gable On Tue, 15 May 2007 12:46:01 -0700, Big Dog wrote: > I have a table made up of fields A, B, and C. I want to update the data in > the table such that the value in fields C is placed in field A, and field C > is set to null. thanks for the help -seems like this should be very simple. Back up your table first. Create an update query. Upd...

Include activities created by the workflow
Can you explain me the difference between checking the Include activities created by the workflow option and not checking it .. Can you tell me if this option really works ? I hope you can help me this is mi scenario 1.- I need to send and email automatically when a case is created (I already do this with a workflow rule) .. 2.- Wait 8 hours (I already know how to do this) 3.- Then Check if any other activity has been created besides the email send in number 1 4.- If no activity has been created then I send an email I thougth that if the Include activities generated by workflow is NOT ch...

Workflow email off of custom entity
I am trying to create a workflow that sends email to a lead on the creation of an attached, custom entity. My specific case is: internet user requests information from the website. They sign up to receive the information, and what they enter on the sign-up gets put into a lead. They then request a specific item, and this gets placed into a custom entity in CRM. Now, when the custom entity is created, I want to trigger an email to be sent to the person that just requested it, which is stored on the lead. This would work if I could call a manual workflow as a subprocess from a different ent...

and query
Hi all This is my sum: =COUNTIF(B:B,1)+COUNTIF(P:P,">=0") But at the moment it counts both values, i need it to count only if both of those match. For example if Cell B1 = 1 and Cell P1 = >1 then it will count. I am sure this is probably quite simple, but i am still at the 'simple' stage : ) Many thanks, and merry christmas. Darren --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "digitallifeform" <digitallifeform.yu18m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:digitallifeform.yu18m@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi all > > This is my...

Portal Workflow
I have an intermittant problem showing up in Workflows (BP2.7 GP8 sp4a). Most times HR or Payroll dept changes go through fine, but sometimes one gets stuck. Go to ->Site Settings>Application Settings>Workflow>Process Log. When this happens "End" and resubmit fixes it. Once, I had Microsoft helped me clear the tables when "End" did not work". What might be causing this? Comments Tab ********************************************************* Network The system encountered the following error while processing your Service request: Act...

Workflow
Hi, We are using Great Plains 8 and soon might be upgrading to 9.0. We are considering to implement a Workflow and Document Management system and will very soon start reviewing the products. Two workflow systems that we will be looking into are Teamplate from Captaris and Documentum. We would like to know which workflow system has a better integration with Great Plains? Any other workflow system that we should consider? Thanks, ...

Deleting records from an "Unmatched" query
Hoping someone can help me resolve a seamingly simple task. I have a query that finds records in Table1 that do not have matching fields in Table2 and then I want to delete those records from Table1. I'm obviously a novice but, I usually get by. Need help this time. Thanks. (btw, running Access 2000 & 2007) SImplest is one field in A matches to one field in B DELETE * FROM TableA WHERE TableA.SomeField IN (SELECT MatchingField FROM TableB) -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland Baltimore Count...

Outlook 2003 & OWA on Exchange 2003 query
Hi, I have a user who uses Outlook 2003 and OWA to access their email. Email is downloading to their Outlook 2003 and disappearing from their OWA inbox. Is there any way to ensure email is left on the server so that they can access their email using Outlook or Owa. They don't want any mail disappearing unless they explicitly delete it. I know you can do this with POP3 accounts. I thought this was an inbuilt feature of Exchange accounts. Comments Appreciated Andy. Your Outlook 2003 clients are configured to use Personal Folders (PSTs) and the Delivery location is set to the PST rath...

Can a form be based on two queries?
I have a fairly complicated query that I based a form on. Basically this query only gives me one text box on my form. I want two more text boxes on my form based on two more different and not related queries. My form is currently based on a record that sums up the amount of one field in a complex query. This box behaves as I wish it to do. No, it can't. But you can include subforms based on another query/table. "tom" wrote: > I have a fairly complicated query that I based a form > on. Basically this query only gives me one text box > on my form. > > ...

Transposing Data from Query
Hi there I wonder if anyone can offer some advice on acheiving an end result. I have data which comes from a database in the format: Date AdvisorName Type1Sales Type2Sales Type3Sales 10/11/2007 Brian Thomson 5 3 2 This information is then stored into another database in the format: Date AdvisorName SalesType Sales 10/11/2007 Brian Thomson Type1Sales 5 10/11/2007 Brian Thomson Type2Sales 3 10/11/2007 Brian Thomson Type3Sales 2 It is almost like a pi...

Fill Query
I have a fill right problem, where I want excel to give me the result o the cell below. In a Horizontal table, with years along the columns, I have th following in B1 'Sheet 2'!A1 + 'Sheet 2'!A100 + 'Sheet 2'!A200 Is there a way to fill right, so I get the result in B2 'Sheet 2'!A2 + 'Sheet 2'!A101 + 'Sheet 2'!A201 instead of B1,B100 and B200 Any help appreciated. Hywel Manchester U -- Hywe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Hywel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&use...

workflow #4
Hi I have installed Override Sales credit limit workflow. The work flow works for a bit and then falls over. The user will submit for approval and when she goes back into the order ,the status is still waiting to be submited. Sometimes when we run reconcile it resolves the problem. and there again it does not and the order cannot be approved. Has anybody had this issue and if so How did you resolve it Please help ------=_NextPart_0001_193EBBD6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. In some cases where Workflow may function for ...

Delete query using criteria from another query
I would like to create a delete query that uses a calculated value from another query as the criteria. When I set up the query initially as a select query, it shows the correct records that I would like to delete. When I turn it into a delete query and run it, it will not delete "could not delete from specified tables". I have full access the tables, none are read only etc. Settup: table1 query1 ems_kit_id ems_kit_id lot_number lot_number number_assigned number_in_kit ...