Workflow generated task and changed owner

We are using a workflow to inform administration staff about a new generated
order. That works fine and the task will be generated for the right CRM user.
But, if we change the owner of that related order also the task previously
generated by the workflow will be re-assigned to that nre owner. With CRM 3.0
it was working fine (left the task unchanged). With CRM 4.0 the task owner
will be changed unexpected.

0
Inoco (15)
6/30/2008 10:52:00 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The first thougt which comes to me is that it might have something to
do with "Type of behaviour".

Open the task entity and double click on

N:1 relationship

name

Accoun_Task       ...Type of behavior  Parental

double click it

change the relationship behvior to "Configurable cascading" and
choose  "Assign = cascade None"

PS" i havent tested it myself , just post it if it doesnt work and
then i ll try to look into detail" :=)

0
whatelseto (435)
6/30/2008 11:00:40 AM
Thanks for you fast respons. I have tried it but it´s still the same problem.

"Aamir Bashir" wrote:

> The first thougt which comes to me is that it might have something to
> do with "Type of behaviour".
>
> Open the task entity and double click on
>
> N:1 relationship
>

> name
>
> Accoun_Task       ...Type of behavior  Parental
>
> double click it
>
> change the relationship behvior to "Configurable cascading" and
> choose  "Assign = cascade None"
>
> PS" i havent tested it myself , just post it if it doesnt work and
> then i ll try to look into detail" :=)

0
Inoco (15)
6/30/2008 11:19:02 AM
Inside task :

Have you tried to change cascading for   "SalesOrder_task

primary entity  =  order

 related = task

/Aamir
0
whatelseto (435)
6/30/2008 11:30:37 AM
Yes, is still the same.

"Aamir Bashir" wrote:

> Inside task :
>
> Have you tried to change cascading for   "SalesOrder_task
>
> primary entity  =  order
>
>  related = task
>
> /Aamir

0
Inoco (15)
6/30/2008 11:46:00 AM
I just did and there was no problem .

I just created a simple order and task.

I changed went to  customization and opened the "order" entity .

i choosed 1:N relationships

i choosed "salesOrder_task " and double clicked it.

I choosed Type of behaviour "configurable cascading"

and then Assign =  Cascade None

PS" try it without workflow first .

/Aamir

0
whatelseto (435)
6/30/2008 12:10:58 PM
I did the same. Now I have tested without a workflow (create an order and a
task with relation to that order). It runs perfect.

Than I restart the workflow and it was ok.

Many thanks for your help and greatings from Germany

"Aamir Bashir" wrote:

> I just did and there was no problem .
>

> I just created a simple order and task.
>
> I changed went to  customization and opened the "order" entity .
>
> i choosed 1:N relationships
>
> i choosed "salesOrder_task " and double clicked it.
>
> I choosed Type of behaviour "configurable cascading"
>
> and then Assign =  Cascade None
>
> PS" try it without workflow first .
>
> /Aamir

0
Inoco (15)

Sort order of tasks in calendar tri-fold printout
Is there a way to change the sort order of tasks that appear on the tri-fold calendar printout? ...

pagefile.sys in task manager goes up, never come down
os : xp sp3 powershell : 2.0 use quest cmlets machine mem = 1 gb As i do a search and detect OS via the Active Directory, i looked at the task manager and the PF Usage keeps increasing until powershell fails to run after looping for a certain number of machines. Is there a way for powershell to release the PF usage for each sucessful run when i scan "each" machine, rather than hold it forever ? On Feb 26, 11:13=A0pm, "IT Staff" <jkk...@hotmail.com> wrote: > os : xp sp3 > powershell : 2.0 > use quest cmlets > machine mem =3D 1 gb ...

Search Preferences Don't Save When Changed
I've been experiencing some annoying behavior in Excel. Everytime I open the search/replace dialog, the Options panel is hidden and "Match entire cell contents" is selected. I know it's not a default, but everytime I uncheck it, Excel doesn't save that change for the next time I run Excel. What can I do so that whatever I change is set to default the next time I run the app? Maybe you could have a dummy workbook that you put in your XLStart folder that does a Find with the settings you like: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Worksheets("sheet1").Ce...

workflow assembly vs. workflow bulk import
hi, i have a question concerning the account the workflow service is supposed to run at. I developed a Workflow Assembly which creates an Activity in CRM. I realized - maybe because of bad configuration - that the workflow service has to be run at a crm user account to work. Is this true or is local system also possible? Because now we realized that Bulk import only works when the Local System account is used for Workflow Service. Big Problem. Anybody with a similar problem and a resolution? martin ...

Are emails auto-generated to Required Attendees of Appointments?
With regard to appointments in the CRM, I'm not sure where to confirm if email notifications are going to Required attendees. We use appts. to track our meetings with customers and sometimes they are added in after the meeting is held. I ask this because, in the blank area of the appointment, we sometimes include internal notes that I don't want our prospects to see. One time, one of my sales reps added a question, and the prospect emailed back with a reply! This is bad. If I'm going to invite a client to a meeting, I do it by phone or separate email. Does anyone know h...

Changing DB Column Names
Hey folks, I've reversed engineered a SQL Server database into Visio. There are alot of database column names I'd like to change however there are alot of Stored Procedures that reference the old names. Is there a way to make Visio update my Stored Procedures whenever I change a database column name? Thanks! not being terribly familiar with how stored procedures calls are built (clueless), I'd start with the question can they be accessed via VBA externally? AFAIK Visio has no native support for playing with stored procedure calls. Al "John Smith" <js@no.com&g...

How do I change spread sheet data into address labels?
Should find everything you need to know at David McRitchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "DS" <DS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF496BC1-5632-4F70-9EA3-EAFAD3868C4B@microsoft.com... " thank you! I see what I was doing wrong :D ...

Year-end Close for all modules should generate a report
There should be status reports generated for the year-end close procedures on all modules to verify if the process completed successfully or not. If not, what the problem is. The year-end close for fixed assets was performed and apparently didn't complete successfully and now, in February, when trying to post January depreciation, it is discovered that the year never closed. It's not possible to go back now to get a backup from the last day of the year and try again, after 1-1/2 months of activity. Had a report been generated at the time, it would have been known then that there...

Task Response Property aways return 0
Hello, I have some tasks received from my POP3 account. For each task I get it properties with: task->GetProps(null, 0, &count, &props) When I try to get named property for the Response Status: MAPINAMEID NamedID; NamedID.ulKind = 0x8120; hRes = task->GetIDsFromNames(1, &NamedID, 0, &NamedPropTags); For this property I get always value 0. Is it one of those strange Outlook things where it only gets set under some very specific circumstances (only gets set for Exchange tasks)? Thank you in advance. Alexander ...

making changes using VB.NET
Thanks very mach for your help :) Now I have another problem , I have xml database, and need to make changes in specific data. I can successfuly find the wanted node using XmlNodeReader but then I have problem : How can I convert it to the type (xmlWriter or something else) to make the change in the data (for example to change the price of product). Thanks in advance :) -- Message posted via http://www.dotnetmonster.com ...

Outlook tasks not importing all
Running Project Server 2007 and Outloop 2007. We recently installed the outlook add-in. When we try to import new assigments into Outlook we only get a partial list of tasks. Seems to be just new tasks added recently. No tasks from older but still valid projects. Should it not import every task assignement to the resource? Any ideas? mrrrl -- No, you have to configure the Project Server add-in in Outlook by going to Tools - Options - Project Web Access. You will see that the default settings only import the next two weeks worth of tasks. You need to specify several other ...

Help requested to construct this workflow rule...
We have a custom field on Account Detail screen where "Contract Expiry Date" is captured. We would like to create a work flow rule which will send an alert email to the Account Owner six months before the "Contract Expiry Date". We are putting our heads around on how to create this rule but could not achieve a result. Can someone guide us to the right direction? We will appreciate your help. I'm not sure if this works on custom attributes, haven't tested that. But, if it does then you could do this using a "Wait for Timer" condition. You set the time...

Adding a document shortcut to an Outlook task
Maybe I'm going crazy. I was positive that in the past I was able to place a shortcut to a Word document in an Outlook task by dragging the document from an Explorer window using the right mouse button onto the open task. If I do that to the desktop, I get a prompt asking me if I want to move, copy, or create a shortcut. I thought it used to work like that into a task as well. Today, when I tried it, I got no prompt and the document was copied to a temporary location (\Temporary Internet Files\OLK19). It isn't a shortcut, but a copy of the document, which is worse than useless. I ...

Is there a 'RecordChanged' event in workflow manager?
I'm not finding it if there is. I need to have CRM send Account and Incident info to BizTalk whenever the record changes, and someone suggested I write a workflow rule that posts account info to a URL to accomplish this. However, all I can find is a Status Change event that is not very useful for this. If anyone has a better idea, please don't be shy and let me know :) Also, after I save and activate the rule, it doesn't show up in the workflow monitor. thanks, Daniel. You can create a post callout for post-update. BK "Daniel Rimmelzwaan" <rimmelzwaan@xhotmail.c...

change csv list separator per file?
Hi all, for my work I have to generate different .csv files. Some have a comma "," as list separator, other files need ";" Is there a workaround so that I don't have to change the list separator setting in my regional settings? And/or can I add a "replace ";" by ","" in a macro that converts workbout in a range of .csv sheets? Thanx for your aid, brt! use the "Text to Columns" option on the data menu. Choose delimited, check the boxes for ,(comma) and ;(semi colon) The preview will show how the data has been split, click ...

Automator Workflows
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've found out that Automator workflows are not included with the Home &amp; Student edition for some reason. Is there any way of downloading these or making workflows myself that can be used in Office? <br> Thanks. ...

Change View of Report
I have a form that contains a subform and one of the fields in that subform I've allowed to "wrap text" and all works good...however on my report when a field has "wrap texted" that cell's size increases but the other cells don't...hard to picture? I have my report set up almost like an excel worksheet where all the text boxes are aligned together and have borders. Any help would be great. Thanks Bunches Crystal T wrote: >I have a form that contains a subform and one of the fields in that subform >I've allowed to "wrap text" and all...

Cell comment boxes shouldn't change size/shape unless changed by u
Often when columns in the worksheet are resized or deleted, the cell comments in other columns have their yellow boxes change size and shape, to where i can no longer see the whole comment when i hover over the cell. It's very cumbersome to have to reset the sizes of all my comment boxes. Please find a way to make the comment boxes' size/shape "stick" to where i set it so i can continue to see the whole comment when other worksheet attributes are changed. (I use Microsoft Office in Windows XP; but happened in prior Windows too.) Thank you Perhaps this has b...

changing image display application
I have a form that is designed to display stored images of customer records which have been scanned and stored on disk. My problem is that the system wants to display the images using Microsoft Paint and I want them to be opened with Microsoft Office Picture Manager. I have tried several methods to change the default application with which the images are opened, and it seems to work, meaning that Picture Manager is used when I double click on an image file in the file system explorer. However when I try to use the database form to open the same file, the system reverts back to opening it wi...

Workflow query
I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status event). Any ideas? PS: Merry Christmas everybody! You won't be able to this by workflows. You'll need to write custom code to trap the Update event. "Datapac" wrote: > I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a > Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status > event). > > Any ideas? > > PS: Merry Christmas everybody! MS has just ...

Generate money
Don't miss the chance to generate a lot of money with AGLOCO Viewbar! No risk and absolutely free! - http://www.agloco.com/r/BBCQ5313 ...

POS2009 Database Listing (Change Connection)
Hi There, When you choose databases to be used in POS2009 (Change connection button) it lists the databases which can be used. Now if you restore a database using SQL Management Studio, the restored database doesn;t appear. How do i get my database to appear on the POS2009 database list to use on my till. Thanks, Matt ...

Tasks disappearing in Outlook 2002
Anybody experienced uncompleted tasks disappearing out of Outlook 2002? An employee could be fired because they keep complaining of their active task list (which is required) disappearing when they come to work in the morning. Before action is taken, though, I thought I'd better ask if anyone else has experienced this. Note: we are not on an Exchange Server, there's nothing in the "deleted" folder, I've run the view by catagory and there are ONLY completed items left. Thx ...

Outlook 2003 Task View formatting
Does anyone have a way to format a Task item when in Outlook Task view, such as, highlighting a particular Task row? yes. Explain what you want to do. Or just go and look at the Automatic Formatting function. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "brightenmyoutlook" <rjbeaupre@gmail.com> wrote in message news:278e5a3c-63c3-479a-bc15-391e492495b3@v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone have a way to f...

Include activities created by the workflow
Can you explain me the difference between checking the Include activities created by the workflow option and not checking it .. Can you tell me if this option really works ? I hope you can help me this is mi scenario 1.- I need to send and email automatically when a case is created (I already do this with a workflow rule) .. 2.- Wait 8 hours (I already know how to do this) 3.- Then Check if any other activity has been created besides the email send in number 1 4.- If no activity has been created then I send an email I thougth that if the Include activities generated by workflow is NOT ch...