Workflow generated email for reassignment of Opportunity

We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Actually, you can send email to designated recipients with Workfow, you just
can't use a template.  For some reason, it was setup this way.  You could code a
wrokaround solution by creating a PostURL that performs the actual email send it
you want and that code could use a template.  Otherwise, you can just send a
generic msg that an opportunity ws assigned and send that.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:49:05 -0800, "Chuck47" <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?

0
Matt
11/2/2004 3:26:32 PM
Another option that I just discovered....

If you do not use a template, you should be able to use a "slug" in the email
activity.  For example, if you put in &account.name; then that value will get
the name of the account.

The slugs aren't currently supported and you have to manually enter them, so
make sure you use the correct table/column names.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

wrote:

We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?

0
Matt
11/2/2004 5:29:14 PM
Hello  Matt

Using the format that you outlined below, I created an Activity to be
generated. Whenever an Opportunity status changes from "qualify" to "quote",
a phone call is created with a reminder 24 hours later than the status
change. The subject is supposed to fill in with the Opportunity topic <schema
= "name"> ....(we are using our estimate # for Opportunity topic). I tried
placing &Opportunitybase.Name in the Subject field but could not pull up the
data as per the SQL table. I also tried &Opportunity.Name without luck. I
even tried &Opportunity.topic. Am I doing something wrong?
Thank you ahead of time.

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Another option that I just discovered....
>
> If you do not use a template, you should be able to use a "slug" in the email
> activity.  For example, if you put in &account.name; then that value will get
> the name of the account.
>
> The slugs aren't currently supported and you have to manually enter them, so
> make sure you use the correct table/column names.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:26:32 -0600, Matt Parks
> <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote:
>
> Actually, you can send email to designated recipients with Workfow, you just
> can't use a template.  For some reason, it was setup this way.  You could code a
> wrokaround solution by creating a PostURL that performs the actual email send it
> you want and that code could use a template.  Otherwise, you can just send a
> generic msg that an opportunity ws assigned and send that.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:49:05 -0800, "Chuck47" <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
> the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
> workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
> an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
> grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
> workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?

Chuck,

1) Use all lowercase.  XML is case sensitive and this gets hooked into XML
processing.

2) Did you remember to the ";" at the end?

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:59:04 -0800, "Chuck47"

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Another option that I just discovered....
>
> If you do not use a template, you should be able to use a "slug" in the email
> activity.  For example, if you put in &account.name; then that value will get
> the name of the account.
>
> The slugs aren't currently supported and you have to manually enter them, so
> make sure you use the correct table/column names.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:26:32 -0600, Matt Parks
> <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote:
>
> Actually, you can send email to designated recipients with Workfow, you just
> can't use a template.  For some reason, it was setup this way.  You could code a
> wrokaround solution by creating a PostURL that performs the actual email send it
> you want and that code could use a template.  Otherwise, you can just send a
> generic msg that an opportunity ws assigned and send that.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:49:05 -0800, "Chuck47" <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
> the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
> workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
> an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
> grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
> workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?

0
Matt
12/1/2004 2:58:23 AM
Thanks Matt. It worked like a champ. This is great value added.
I only wish that there was a way to create a Workflow which compares the
Estimated Close Date of an Opportunity to today's date and then if the
Opportunity is past it's Estimated Close Date, an email is automatically sent
to the Owner and Owner's Manager. Have you found a workaround for this? Will
version 2.0 address it? I am sure that others have similar concerns!
But thanks for the help that you gave me. It was emense.
Best Regards
Chuck
cnealis@nationwidegraphics.com

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Chuck,
>
> 1) Use all lowercase.  XML is case sensitive and this gets hooked into XML
> processing.
>
> 2) Did you remember to the ";" at the end?
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:59:04 -0800, "Chuck47"
> <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Hello  Matt
>
> Using the format that you outlined below, I created an Activity to be
> generated. Whenever an Opportunity status changes from "qualify" to "quote",
> a phone call is created with a reminder 24 hours later than the status
> change. The subject is supposed to fill in with the Opportunity topic <schema
> = "name"> ....(we are using our estimate # for Opportunity topic). I tried
> placing &Opportunitybase.Name in the Subject field but could not pull up the
> data as per the SQL table. I also tried &Opportunity.Name without luck. I
> even tried &Opportunity.topic. Am I doing something wrong?
> Thank you ahead of time.
>
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
> > Another option that I just discovered....
> >
> > If you do not use a template, you should be able to use a "slug" in the email
> > activity.  For example, if you put in &account.name; then that value will get
> > the name of the account.
> >
> > The slugs aren't currently supported and you have to manually enter them, so
> > make sure you use the correct table/column names.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:26:32 -0600, Matt Parks
> > <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Actually, you can send email to designated recipients with Workfow, you just
> > can't use a template.  For some reason, it was setup this way.  You could code a
> > wrokaround solution by creating a PostURL that performs the actual email send it
> > you want and that code could use a template.  Otherwise, you can just send a
> > generic msg that an opportunity ws assigned and send that.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:49:05 -0800, "Chuck47" <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
> > the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
> > workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
> > an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
> > grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
> > workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?

Chuck,

Not sure if this will be addressed with CRM 2005 or not.  However, this could be
done with a scheduled task that checks the DB each night and then triggers the
needed action with a SDK type call.  not as easy as in workflow, but it can be
done.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Chuck,
>
> 1) Use all lowercase.  XML is case sensitive and this gets hooked into XML
> processing.
>
> 2) Did you remember to the ";" at the end?
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:59:04 -0800, "Chuck47"
> <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Hello  Matt
>
> Using the format that you outlined below, I created an Activity to be
> generated. Whenever an Opportunity status changes from "qualify" to "quote",
> a phone call is created with a reminder 24 hours later than the status
> change. The subject is supposed to fill in with the Opportunity topic <schema
> = "name"> ....(we are using our estimate # for Opportunity topic). I tried
> placing &Opportunitybase.Name in the Subject field but could not pull up the
> data as per the SQL table. I also tried &Opportunity.Name without luck. I
> even tried &Opportunity.topic. Am I doing something wrong?
> Thank you ahead of time.
>
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
> > Another option that I just discovered....
> >
> > If you do not use a template, you should be able to use a "slug" in the email
> > activity.  For example, if you put in &account.name; then that value will get
> > the name of the account.
> >
> > The slugs aren't currently supported and you have to manually enter them, so
> > make sure you use the correct table/column names.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:26:32 -0600, Matt Parks
> > <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Actually, you can send email to designated recipients with Workfow, you just
> > can't use a template.  For some reason, it was setup this way.  You could code a
> > wrokaround solution by creating a PostURL that performs the actual email send it
> > you want and that code could use a template.  Otherwise, you can just send a
> > generic msg that an opportunity ws assigned and send that.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:49:05 -0800, "Chuck47" <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
> > the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
> > workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
> > an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
> > grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
> > workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?

0
Matt
12/1/2004 3:54:25 PM
Matt, is there good documentation on how to make the SDK type call? Do I need
to be well versed in Visual Basic.net or C#.net?

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> [...]
> > > wrokaround solution by creating a PostURL that performs the actual email send it
> > > you want and that code could use a template.  Otherwise, you can just send a
> > > generic msg that an opportunity ws assigned and send that.
> > >
> > > Matt Parks
> > > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:49:05 -0800, "Chuck47" <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
> > > the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
> > > workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
> > > an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
> > > grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
> > > workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?

Yes you will need to know either VB.Net or C#.

The SDK documentation is available online at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2microsoftcrmversion12sdk.asp

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> [...]
> > > wrokaround solution by creating a PostURL that performs the actual email send it
> > > you want and that code could use a template.  Otherwise, you can just send a
> > > generic msg that an opportunity ws assigned and send that.
> > >
> > > Matt Parks
> > > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:49:05 -0800, "Chuck47" <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
> > > the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
> > > workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
> > > an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
> > > grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
> > > workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?

12/1/2004 5:23:52 PM
Hello Matt.

I used your sugestion and the email activity work very well. But would like
input information about quote's contacts and owner for example. I can display
Id but not name of owner. Could help me?

Best Regards
Juan
juan@flag.com.br

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Another option that I just discovered....
>
> If you do not use a template, you should be able to use a "slug" in the email
> activity.  For example, if you put in &account.name; then that value will get
> the name of the account.
>
> The slugs aren't currently supported and you have to manually enter them, so
> make sure you use the correct table/column names.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:26:32 -0600, Matt Parks
> <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote:
>
> Actually, you can send email to designated recipients with Workfow, you just
> can't use a template.  For some reason, it was setup this way.  You could code a
> wrokaround solution by creating a PostURL that performs the actual email send it
> you want and that code could use a template.  Otherwise, you can just send a
> generic msg that an opportunity ws assigned and send that.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:49:05 -0800, "Chuck47" <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
> the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
> workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
> an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
> grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
> workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?

Hello Matt.

I try use a newsgroup but received error mesage. Because I send you this
email.

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Another option that I just discovered....
>
> If you do not use a template, you should be able to use a "slug" in the email
> activity.  For example, if you put in &account.name; then that value will get
> the name of the account.
>
> The slugs aren't currently supported and you have to manually enter them, so
> make sure you use the correct table/column names.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:26:32 -0600, Matt Parks
> <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote:
>
> Actually, you can send email to designated recipients with Workfow, you just
> can't use a template.  For some reason, it was setup this way.  You could code a
> wrokaround solution by creating a PostURL that performs the actual email send it
> you want and that code could use a template.  Otherwise, you can just send a
> generic msg that an opportunity ws assigned and send that.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:49:05 -0800, "Chuck47" <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
> the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
> workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
> an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
> grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
> workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?

Try using owneridname, contactidname, accountidname.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Another option that I just discovered....
>
> If you do not use a template, you should be able to use a "slug" in the email
> activity.  For example, if you put in &account.name; then that value will get
> the name of the account.
>
> The slugs aren't currently supported and you have to manually enter them, so
> make sure you use the correct table/column names.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:26:32 -0600, Matt Parks
> <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote:
>
> Actually, you can send email to designated recipients with Workfow, you just
> can't use a template.  For some reason, it was setup this way.  You could code a
> wrokaround solution by creating a PostURL that performs the actual email send it
> you want and that code could use a template.  Otherwise, you can just send a
> generic msg that an opportunity ws assigned and send that.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:49:05 -0800, "Chuck47" <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
> the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
> workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
> an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
> grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
> workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?

0
Matt
12/6/2004 4:14:05 PM
Thanks a lote, Matt. It worked, but please confirm that works only with name
property?
I tried &quote.contactidemailaddress1 and &account.contactidemailaddress1
with no sucess.

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Try using owneridname, contactidname, accountidname.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 04:57:02 -0800, "Juan" <Juan@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello Matt.
>
> I used your sugestion and the email activity work very well. But would like
> input information about quote's contacts and owner for example. I can display
> Id but not name of owner. Could help me?
>
> Best Regards
> Juan
> juan@flag.com.br
>
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
> > Another option that I just discovered....
> >
> > If you do not use a template, you should be able to use a "slug" in the email
> > activity.  For example, if you put in &account.name; then that value will get
> > the name of the account.
> >
> > The slugs aren't currently supported and you have to manually enter them, so
> > make sure you use the correct table/column names.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:26:32 -0600, Matt Parks
> > <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Actually, you can send email to designated recipients with Workfow, you just
> > can't use a template.  For some reason, it was setup this way.  You could code a
> > wrokaround solution by creating a PostURL that performs the actual email send it
> > you want and that code could use a template.  Otherwise, you can just send a
> > generic msg that an opportunity ws assigned and send that.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:49:05 -0800, "Chuck47" <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
> > the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
> > workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
> > an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
> > grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
> > workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?

Juan,

If you look at the view Quote in SQL, those are the fields that are available.
Just note that the SQL view does not show the fields wih the proper
capitalization.  The field names are typically all lower case except for custom
fields.  Typically, only the Name or description is brought into the views for a
"referenced" table like Owner or Account.

Did you try &account.emailaddress1; or &contact.emailaddress1; ?

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Try using owneridname, contactidname, accountidname.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 04:57:02 -0800, "Juan" <Juan@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello Matt.
>
> I used your sugestion and the email activity work very well. But would like
> input information about quote's contacts and owner for example. I can display
> Id but not name of owner. Could help me?
>
> Best Regards
> Juan
> juan@flag.com.br
>
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
> > Another option that I just discovered....
> >
> > If you do not use a template, you should be able to use a "slug" in the email
> > activity.  For example, if you put in &account.name; then that value will get
> > the name of the account.
> >
> > The slugs aren't currently supported and you have to manually enter them, so
> > make sure you use the correct table/column names.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:26:32 -0600, Matt Parks
> > <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Actually, you can send email to designated recipients with Workfow, you just
> > can't use a template.  For some reason, it was setup this way.  You could code a
> > wrokaround solution by creating a PostURL that performs the actual email send it
> > you want and that code could use a template.  Otherwise, you can just send a
> > generic msg that an opportunity ws assigned and send that.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:49:05 -0800, "Chuck47" <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
> > the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
> > workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
> > an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
> > grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
> > workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?

0
Matt
12/7/2004 2:59:45 PM
Hi Matt,

I also tried this with out luck. Here are the entries I made:

&account.name;
&leadbase.subject;
&leadbase.companyname;
&leadbase.fullname;
&leadbase.telephon1;
&leadbase.emailaddress1;

They appear in the e-mail just as above with out populating the data. What
do you think I'm doing wrong?

I made this rule to send an e-mail to the new owner when ever a lead is
assigned.

Thanks very much!

Eric

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Chuck,
>
> 1) Use all lowercase.  XML is case sensitive and this gets hooked into XML
> processing.
>
> 2) Did you remember to the ";" at the end?
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:59:04 -0800, "Chuck47"
> <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Hello  Matt
>
> Using the format that you outlined below, I created an Activity to be
> generated. Whenever an Opportunity status changes from "qualify" to "quote",
> a phone call is created with a reminder 24 hours later than the status
> change. The subject is supposed to fill in with the Opportunity topic <schema
> = "name"> ....(we are using our estimate # for Opportunity topic). I tried
> placing &Opportunitybase.Name in the Subject field but could not pull up the
> data as per the SQL table. I also tried &Opportunity.Name without luck. I
> even tried &Opportunity.topic. Am I doing something wrong?
> Thank you ahead of time.
>
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
> > Another option that I just discovered....
> >
> > If you do not use a template, you should be able to use a "slug" in the email
> > activity.  For example, if you put in &account.name; then that value will get
> > the name of the account.
> >
> > The slugs aren't currently supported and you have to manually enter them, so
> > make sure you use the correct table/column names.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:26:32 -0600, Matt Parks
> > <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Actually, you can send email to designated recipients with Workfow, you just
> > can't use a template.  For some reason, it was setup this way.  You could code a
> > wrokaround solution by creating a PostURL that performs the actual email send it
> > you want and that code could use a template.  Otherwise, you can just send a
> > generic msg that an opportunity ws assigned and send that.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:49:05 -0800, "Chuck47" <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
> > the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
> > workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
> > an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
> > grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
> > workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?

Eric,

What object is the workflow tied to?

If you are working with the Lead, then the object is &lead (ie. &lead.subject;)
and there won't be an associated Account since Leads aren't tied to accounts.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Chuck,
>
> 1) Use all lowercase.  XML is case sensitive and this gets hooked into XML
> processing.
>
> 2) Did you remember to the ";" at the end?
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:59:04 -0800, "Chuck47"
> <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Hello  Matt
>
> Using the format that you outlined below, I created an Activity to be
> generated. Whenever an Opportunity status changes from "qualify" to "quote",
> a phone call is created with a reminder 24 hours later than the status
> change. The subject is supposed to fill in with the Opportunity topic <schema
> = "name"> ....(we are using our estimate # for Opportunity topic). I tried
> placing &Opportunitybase.Name in the Subject field but could not pull up the
> data as per the SQL table. I also tried &Opportunity.Name without luck. I
> even tried &Opportunity.topic. Am I doing something wrong?
> Thank you ahead of time.
>
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
> > Another option that I just discovered....
> >
> > If you do not use a template, you should be able to use a "slug" in the email
> > activity.  For example, if you put in &account.name; then that value will get
> > the name of the account.
> >
> > The slugs aren't currently supported and you have to manually enter them, so
> > make sure you use the correct table/column names.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:26:32 -0600, Matt Parks
> > <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Actually, you can send email to designated recipients with Workfow, you just
> > can't use a template.  For some reason, it was setup this way.  You could code a
> > wrokaround solution by creating a PostURL that performs the actual email send it
> > you want and that code could use a template.  Otherwise, you can just send a
> > generic msg that an opportunity ws assigned and send that.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:49:05 -0800, "Chuck47" <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
> > the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
> > workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
> > an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
> > grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
> > workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?

0
Matt
2/3/2005 11:07:45 PM
The workflow is tied to leads. At least my understanding of your question is
that when I created this workflow rule I selected 'lead' from the pull down
then created a new rule and I appied the action 'send e-mail'.

From what I read in the previous threads I thought you were saying that I
had to call the data by using the syntacs &tablename.columnname. All the data
that I was trying to pull was in the table leadbase so I thought I was
suppose to write:

&leadbase.subject

I have now tried it with &lead.subject as you have shown me and it's working!

The only thing left is to try and format it. Can I incert line breaks some
how? I think I may have seen something about this in another thread. But if
there's anything you can add that would be excellent.

Thank very much for your help Matt,

Eric

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> [...]
> > > wrokaround solution by creating a PostURL that performs the actual email send it
> > > you want and that code could use a template.  Otherwise, you can just send a
> > > generic msg that an opportunity ws assigned and send that.
> > >
> > > Matt Parks
> > > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:49:05 -0800, "Chuck47" <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
> > > the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
> > > workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
> > > an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
> > > grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
> > > workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?

Hi again Matt,

I found your old post regarding how to format the e-mail:

Try putting in a <BR>.  The resulting email is HTML so that may work, but it
may
get encoded and not work.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

This is working very well. Thanks again!

Eric

"Eric Rist" wrote:

> [...]
> > > processing.
> > >
> > > 2) Did you remember to the ";" at the end?
> > >
> > > Matt Parks
> > > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > > On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:59:04 -0800, "Chuck47"
> > > <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello  Matt
> > >
> > > Using the format that you outlined below, I created an Activity to be
> > > generated. Whenever an Opportunity status changes from "qualify" to "quote",
> > > a phone call is created with a reminder 24 hours later than the status
> > > change. The subject is supposed to fill in with the Opportunity topic <schema
> > > = "name"> ....(we are using our estimate # for Opportunity topic). I tried
> > > placing &Opportunitybase.Name in the Subject field but could not pull up the
> > > data as per the SQL table. I also tried &Opportunity.Name without luck. I
> > > even tried &Opportunity.topic. Am I doing something wrong?

Glad you got it working.  Even happier that you found the answer by searching
the group history. :-)

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 06:47:01 -0800, Eric Rist

"Eric Rist" wrote:

> [...]
> > > processing.
> > >
> > > 2) Did you remember to the ";" at the end?
> > >
> > > Matt Parks
> > > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > > On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:59:04 -0800, "Chuck47"
> > > <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello  Matt
> > >
> > > Using the format that you outlined below, I created an Activity to be
> > > generated. Whenever an Opportunity status changes from "qualify" to "quote",
> > > a phone call is created with a reminder 24 hours later than the status
> > > change. The subject is supposed to fill in with the Opportunity topic <schema
> > > = "name"> ....(we are using our estimate # for Opportunity topic). I tried
> > > placing &Opportunitybase.Name in the Subject field but could not pull up the
> > > data as per the SQL table. I also tried &Opportunity.Name without luck. I
> > > even tried &Opportunity.topic. Am I doing something wrong?

2/4/2005 3:59:21 PM
Hi Matt,

Did what you suggested in the body of the e-mail messge being sent to a
manager through workflow:

Message typed in content:

This opportunity has now been won for &account.name &opportunity.name

This is exactly what got printed in the message.  Was there someway I had to
put it into a field code of some sort? Sorry, but I am just new to this and
need to do this for our installation.  Thanks!
Shauna

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Chuck,
>
> 1) Use all lowercase.  XML is case sensitive and this gets hooked into XML
> processing.
>
> 2) Did you remember to the ";" at the end?
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:59:04 -0800, "Chuck47"
> <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Hello  Matt
>
> Using the format that you outlined below, I created an Activity to be
> generated. Whenever an Opportunity status changes from "qualify" to "quote",
> a phone call is created with a reminder 24 hours later than the status
> change. The subject is supposed to fill in with the Opportunity topic <schema
> = "name"> ....(we are using our estimate # for Opportunity topic). I tried
> placing &Opportunitybase.Name in the Subject field but could not pull up the
> data as per the SQL table. I also tried &Opportunity.Name without luck. I
> even tried &Opportunity.topic. Am I doing something wrong?
> Thank you ahead of time.
>
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
> > Another option that I just discovered....
> >
> > If you do not use a template, you should be able to use a "slug" in the email
> > activity.  For example, if you put in &account.name; then that value will get
> > the name of the account.
> >
> > The slugs aren't currently supported and you have to manually enter them, so
> > make sure you use the correct table/column names.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:26:32 -0600, Matt Parks
> > <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Actually, you can send email to designated recipients with Workfow, you just
> > can't use a template.  For some reason, it was setup this way.  You could code a
> > wrokaround solution by creating a PostURL that performs the actual email send it
> > you want and that code could use a template.  Otherwise, you can just send a
> > generic msg that an opportunity ws assigned and send that.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:49:05 -0800, "Chuck47" <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
> > the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
> > workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
> > an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
> > grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
> > workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?

OK. Reread and found out about the semi-colon at the end.  I changed it to:

&account.name; &opportunity.name;

and only the opportunity name showed up in the message. How can I get both?

Thanks!
Shauna

"Shauna Koppang" wrote:

> [...]
> > > wrokaround solution by creating a PostURL that performs the actual email send it
> > > you want and that code could use a template.  Otherwise, you can just send a
> > > generic msg that an opportunity ws assigned and send that.
> > >
> > > Matt Parks
> > > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:49:05 -0800, "Chuck47" <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
> > > the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
> > > workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
> > > an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
> > > grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
> > > workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?

you missed point #2 below.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Chuck,
>
> 1) Use all lowercase.  XML is case sensitive and this gets hooked into XML
> processing.
>
> 2) Did you remember to the ";" at the end?
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:59:04 -0800, "Chuck47"
> <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Hello  Matt
>
> Using the format that you outlined below, I created an Activity to be
> generated. Whenever an Opportunity status changes from "qualify" to "quote",
> a phone call is created with a reminder 24 hours later than the status
> change. The subject is supposed to fill in with the Opportunity topic <schema
> = "name"> ....(we are using our estimate # for Opportunity topic). I tried
> placing &Opportunitybase.Name in the Subject field but could not pull up the
> data as per the SQL table. I also tried &Opportunity.Name without luck. I
> even tried &Opportunity.topic. Am I doing something wrong?
> Thank you ahead of time.
>
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
> > Another option that I just discovered....
> >
> > If you do not use a template, you should be able to use a "slug" in the email
> > activity.  For example, if you put in &account.name; then that value will get
> > the name of the account.
> >
> > The slugs aren't currently supported and you have to manually enter them, so
> > make sure you use the correct table/column names.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:26:32 -0600, Matt Parks
> > <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Actually, you can send email to designated recipients with Workfow, you just
> > can't use a template.  For some reason, it was setup this way.  You could code a
> > wrokaround solution by creating a PostURL that performs the actual email send it
> > you want and that code could use a template.  Otherwise, you can just send a
> > generic msg that an opportunity ws assigned and send that.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:49:05 -0800, "Chuck47" <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
> > the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
> > workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
> > an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
> > grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
> > workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?

0
Matt
3/14/2005 10:40:05 PM
 Yeh! Finally got it.  Ok first time a bit slow. Thanks!!!  Now from what I
asked earlier how do I get in the URL like to that closed opportunity?

Thanks again for your patience and assistance.
Shauna

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> [...]
> > > wrokaround solution by creating a PostURL that performs the actual email send it
> > > you want and that code could use a template.  Otherwise, you can just send a
> > > generic msg that an opportunity ws assigned and send that.
> > >
> > > Matt Parks
> > > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:49:05 -0800, "Chuck47" <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
> > > the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
> > > workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
> > > an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
> > > grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
> > > workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?

Hi Again,

OK got it to also work for leads as well. Thanks again for your assistance.
Shauna

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> [...]
> > > wrokaround solution by creating a PostURL that performs the actual email send it
> > > you want and that code could use a template.  Otherwise, you can just send a
> > > generic msg that an opportunity ws assigned and send that.
> > >
> > > Matt Parks
> > > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:49:05 -0800, "Chuck47" <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
> > > the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
> > > workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
> > > an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
> > > grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
> > > workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?

OK so created an Opportunity Rule to notify the manager when a new
opportunity is created with the &opportunity.name; and the
&opportunity.accountidname. This works fine.  I want also to have it put in
the &opportunity.estimatedvalue;.

The problem is as soon as I click save while creating the opportunity it
send the e-mail, and I have to click save in order to get the Products side
tab to add in the values calculated by the system.  I need to make it wait
until I add the products and save and close.  How do I code this in the
workflow?

Thanks!
Shauna (Slowing getting there)

"Shauna Koppang" wrote:

> OK. Reread and found out about the semi-colon at the end.  I changed it to:
>
> &account.name; &opportunity.name;
>
> and only the opportunity name showed up in the message. How can I get both?
>
> Thanks!
> Shauna
>
> "Shauna Koppang" wrote:
>
> > Hi Matt,
> >
> > Did what you suggested in the body of the e-mail messge being sent to a
> > manager through workflow:
> >
> > Message typed in content:
> >
> > This opportunity has now been won for &account.name &opportunity.name
> >
> > This is exactly what got printed in the message.  Was there someway I had to
> > put it into a field code of some sort? Sorry, but I am just new to this and
> > need to do this for our installation.  Thanks!
> > Shauna
> >
> > "Matt Parks" wrote:
> >
> > > Chuck,
> > >
> > > 1) Use all lowercase.  XML is case sensitive and this gets hooked into XML
> > > processing.
> > >
> > > 2) Did you remember to the ";" at the end?
> > >
> > > Matt Parks
> > > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > > On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:59:04 -0800, "Chuck47"
> > > <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello  Matt
> > >
> > > Using the format that you outlined below, I created an Activity to be
> > > generated. Whenever an Opportunity status changes from "qualify" to "quote",
> > > a phone call is created with a reminder 24 hours later than the status
> > > change. The subject is supposed to fill in with the Opportunity topic <schema
> > > = "name"> ....(we are using our estimate # for Opportunity topic). I tried
> > > placing &Opportunitybase.Name in the Subject field but could not pull up the
> > > data as per the SQL table. I also tried &Opportunity.Name without luck. I
> > > even tried &Opportunity.topic. Am I doing something wrong?
> > > Thank you ahead of time.

No easy way to do that with the current release.  You want to trap an OnChange
event which is not exposed through workflow.  A PostCallout can be used for
this, but they aren't easy to setup and require coding.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:35:03 -0800, "Shauna Koppang"

"Shauna Koppang" wrote:

> OK. Reread and found out about the semi-colon at the end.  I changed it to:
>
> &account.name; &opportunity.name;
>
> and only the opportunity name showed up in the message. How can I get both?
>
> Thanks!
> Shauna
>
> "Shauna Koppang" wrote:
>
> > Hi Matt,
> >
> > Did what you suggested in the body of the e-mail messge being sent to a
> > manager through workflow:
> >
> > Message typed in content:
> >
> > This opportunity has now been won for &account.name &opportunity.name
> >
> > This is exactly what got printed in the message.  Was there someway I had to
> > put it into a field code of some sort? Sorry, but I am just new to this and
> > need to do this for our installation.  Thanks!
> > Shauna
> >
> > "Matt Parks" wrote:
> >
> > > Chuck,
> > >
> > > 1) Use all lowercase.  XML is case sensitive and this gets hooked into XML
> > > processing.
> > >
> > > 2) Did you remember to the ";" at the end?
> > >
> > > Matt Parks
> > > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > > On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:59:04 -0800, "Chuck47"
> > > <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello  Matt
> > >
> > > Using the format that you outlined below, I created an Activity to be
> > > generated. Whenever an Opportunity status changes from "qualify" to "quote",
> > > a phone call is created with a reminder 24 hours later than the status
> > > change. The subject is supposed to fill in with the Opportunity topic <schema
> > > = "name"> ....(we are using our estimate # for Opportunity topic). I tried
> > > placing &Opportunitybase.Name in the Subject field but could not pull up the
> > > data as per the SQL table. I also tried &Opportunity.Name without luck. I
> > > even tried &Opportunity.topic. Am I doing something wrong?
> > > Thank you ahead of time.

0
Matt
3/15/2005 12:44:48 AM
Matt,

Can you suggest how can i change the date format.
Current in my work flow it appears in this way:

Estimed Close Date: 2005-05-18T07:00:00Z

Thanks,
Venkat Bendalam

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> [...]
> > > wrokaround solution by creating a PostURL that performs the actual email send it
> > > you want and that code could use a template.  Otherwise, you can just send a
> > > generic msg that an opportunity ws assigned and send that.
> > >
> > > Matt Parks
> > > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:49:05 -0800, "Chuck47" <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
> > > the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
> > > workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
> > > an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
> > > grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
> > > workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?

Afraid not.  The slug support is pretty limited.  There might be a way to access
the "date" portion of a datetime field, but I have not pursued it myself.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> [...]
> > > wrokaround solution by creating a PostURL that performs the actual email send it
> > > you want and that code could use a template.  Otherwise, you can just send a
> > > generic msg that an opportunity ws assigned and send that.
> > >
> > > Matt Parks
> > > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:49:05 -0800, "Chuck47" <Chuck47@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to
> > > the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a
> > > workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that
> > > an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is
> > > grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a
> > > workflow process in place that can handle my intentions?

6/27/2005 2:38:07 PM
Thanks Matt for the prompt reply.

Only Date part with out time would be just fine. Pls let me know if you find
a way out.
Thanks
Venkat.

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Afraid not.  The slug support is pretty limited.  There might be a way to access
> the "date" portion of a datetime field, but I have not pursued it myself.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 05:43:05 -0700, Venkat Bendalam
> <VenkatBendalam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Matt,
>
> Can you suggest how can i change the date format.
> Current in my work flow it appears in this way:
>
> Estimed Close Date: 2005-05-18T07:00:00Z
>
> Thanks,
> Venkat Bendalam
>

> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
> > Juan,
> >
> > If you look at the view Quote in SQL, those are the fields that are available.
> > Just note that the SQL view does not show the fields wih the proper
> > capitalization.  The field names are typically all lower case except for custom
> > fields.  Typically, only the Name or description is brought into the views for a
> > "referenced" table like Owner or Account.
> >
> > Did you try &account.emailaddress1; or &contact.emailaddress1; ?
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 02:09:01 -0800, "Juan" <Juan@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Thanks a lote, Matt. It worked, but please confirm that works only with name
> > property?
> > I tried "e.contactidemailaddress1 and &account.contactidemailaddress1
> > with no sucess.
> >
> > "Matt Parks" wrote:
> >
> > > Try using owneridname, contactidname, accountidname.
> > >
> > > Matt Parks
> > > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > > On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 04:57:02 -0800, "Juan" <Juan@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello Matt.
> > >
> > > I used your sugestion and the email activity work very well. But would like
> > > input information about quote's contacts and owner for example. I can display
> > > Id but not name of owner. Could help me?
> > >
> > > Best Regards
> > > Juan
> > > juan@flag.com.br

Hi Matt,

Can you tell me how I specify account owner rather than case owner to be
email when a case is created? I have read your postings about slugs but does
this just relate to subject and body copy or can you use in the "To:"? I
don't seem to be able to type in this as it is greyed out.

Thanks

Simon

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Eric,
>
> Glad you got it working.  Even happier that you found the answer by searching
> the group history. :-)
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 06:47:01 -0800, Eric Rist
> <EricRist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Hi again Matt,
>
> I found your old post regarding how to format the e-mail:
>

> Try putting in a <BR>.  The resulting email is HTML so that may work, but it
> may
> get encoded and not work.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
> >>>>

> This is working very well. Thanks again!
>
> Eric
>
> "Eric Rist" wrote:
>
> > The workflow is tied to leads. At least my understanding of your question is
> > that when I created this workflow rule I selected 'lead' from the pull down
> > then created a new rule and I appied the action 'send e-mail'.
> >
> > From what I read in the previous threads I thought you were saying that I
> > had to call the data by using the syntacs &tablename.columnname. All the data
> > that I was trying to pull was in the table leadbase so I thought I was
> > suppose to write:
> >
> > &leadbase.subject
> >
> > I have now tried it with &lead.subject as you have shown me and it's working!
> >
> > The only thing left is to try and format it. Can I incert line breaks some
> > how? I think I may have seen something about this in another thread. But if
> > there's anything you can add that would be excellent.
> >
> > Thank very much for your help Matt,
> >
> > Eric
> >
> > "Matt Parks" wrote:
> >
> > > Eric,
> > >
> > > What object is the workflow tied to?
> > >
> > > If you are working with the Lead, then the object is &lead (ie. &lead.subject;)
> > > and there won't be an associated Account since Leads aren't tied to accounts.
> > >
> > > Matt Parks
> > > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > > On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:11:04 -0800, Eric Rist <Eric
> > > Rist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Matt,
> > >
> > > I also tried this with out luck. Here are the entries I made:
> > >
> > > &account.name;
> > > &leadbase.subject;
> > > &leadbase.companyname;
> > > &leadbase.fullname;
> > > &leadbase.telephon1;
> > > &leadbase.emailaddress1;
> > >
> > > They appear in the e-mail just as above with out populating the data. What
> > > do you think I'm doing wrong?
> > >
> > > I made this rule to send an e-mail to the new owner when ever a lead is
> > > assigned.
> > >
> > > Thanks very much!
> > >
> > > Eric

Hi Simon,

did you ever get an answer on your question regarding mails to the Account
Owner when creating a new Case?

I have the same issue and would like to overcome this.

- Anders
--
A. Borggaard

"Simon" wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> Can you tell me how I specify account owner rather than case owner to be
> email when a case is created? I have read your postings about slugs but does
> this just relate to subject and body copy or can you use in the "To:"? I
> don't seem to be able to type in this as it is greyed out.
>
> Thanks
>
> Simon
>

> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
> > Eric,
> >
> > Glad you got it working.  Even happier that you found the answer by searching
> > the group history. :-)
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 06:47:01 -0800, Eric Rist
> > <EricRist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi again Matt,
> >
> > I found your old post regarding how to format the e-mail:
> >

> > Try putting in a <BR>.  The resulting email is HTML so that may work, but it
> > may
> > get encoded and not work.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM
> > >>>>

> > This is working very well. Thanks again!
> >
> > Eric
> >
> > "Eric Rist" wrote:
> >
> > > The workflow is tied to leads. At least my understanding of your question is
> > > that when I created this workflow rule I selected 'lead' from the pull down
> > > then created a new rule and I appied the action 'send e-mail'.
> > >
> > > From what I read in the previous threads I thought you were saying that I
> > > had to call the data by using the syntacs &tablename.columnname. All the data
> > > that I was trying to pull was in the table leadbase so I thought I was
> > > suppose to write:
> > >
> > > &leadbase.subject
> > >
> > > I have now tried it with &lead.subject as you have shown me and it's working!
> > >
> > > The only thing left is to try and format it. Can I incert line breaks some
> > > how? I think I may have seen something about this in another thread. But if
> > > there's anything you can add that would be excellent.
> > >
> > > Thank very much for your help Matt,
> > >
> > > Eric

why is image001.gif attached to all my outgoing emails?
is word your email editor? Did you set a header or footer in word, or use bullet points (especially in the header or footer)? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EAS...

workflow assembly vs. workflow bulk import
hi, i have a question concerning the account the workflow service is supposed to run at. I developed a Workflow Assembly which creates an Activity in CRM. I realized - maybe because of bad configuration - that the workflow service has to be run at a crm user account to work. Is this true or is local system also possible? Because now we realized that Bulk import only works when the Local System account is used for Workflow Service. Big Problem. Anybody with a similar problem and a resolution? martin ...

Are emails auto-generated to Required Attendees of Appointments?
With regard to appointments in the CRM, I'm not sure where to confirm if email notifications are going to Required attendees. We use appts. to track our meetings with customers and sometimes they are added in after the meeting is held. I ask this because, in the blank area of the appointment, we sometimes include internal notes that I don't want our prospects to see. One time, one of my sales reps added a question, and the prospect emailed back with a reply! This is bad. If I'm going to invite a client to a meeting, I do it by phone or separate email. Does anyone know h...

Year-end Close for all modules should generate a report
There should be status reports generated for the year-end close procedures on all modules to verify if the process completed successfully or not. If not, what the problem is. The year-end close for fixed assets was performed and apparently didn't complete successfully and now, in February, when trying to post January depreciation, it is discovered that the year never closed. It's not possible to go back now to get a backup from the last day of the year and try again, after 1-1/2 months of activity. Had a report been generated at the time, it would have been known then that there...

Can not open email item
Keep getting this message " Can't open this item. The object could not be found." when trying to read email from a person sending from aol. ...

Email #26
Does anyone know how to get animated pictures in their mail. I always get them but have not figured out how to do it myself. If I copy and paste it is only the still picture. Thanks to all & have a great New Year! ...

Help requested to construct this workflow rule...
We have a custom field on Account Detail screen where "Contract Expiry Date" is captured. We would like to create a work flow rule which will send an alert email to the Account Owner six months before the "Contract Expiry Date". We are putting our heads around on how to create this rule but could not achieve a result. Can someone guide us to the right direction? We will appreciate your help. I'm not sure if this works on custom attributes, haven't tested that. But, if it does then you could do this using a "Wait for Timer" condition. You set the time...

Interactive email
I want to create a form that I can email to friends with boxes they can check and then send back. Can this be created in MS Publisher? Well, thanks XXZFZFCJKCGHXGFBJXFFO.. I was hoping for something a little more informative.. Anyone Are your 'friends' incapable of typing - Yes - No - Maybe - Perhaps -- Well, I guess thats one way to "solve" a problem.. thanks... ...

Message Options (Delayed Emails) #3
Hi all, I have a user on my network who uses the Message Options often to delay emails in the Outbox to a specific time. The problem is only with this user. Users OS is 2000 Pro/Office XP (Outlook 2002) and is not working offline. Server is Exchange server 5.5 LDAP not POP3. (For example, the user can write an email at 1pm and click send and the email will sit in the Outbox until the specified time the user has set in the Message Options dialog box.) The problem is that sometimes the messages work and sometimes they dont. Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks. ...

Is there a 'RecordChanged' event in workflow manager?
I'm not finding it if there is. I need to have CRM send Account and Incident info to BizTalk whenever the record changes, and someone suggested I write a workflow rule that posts account info to a URL to accomplish this. However, all I can find is a Status Change event that is not very useful for this. If anyone has a better idea, please don't be shy and let me know :) Also, after I save and activate the rule, it doesn't show up in the workflow monitor. thanks, Daniel. You can create a post callout for post-update. BK "Daniel Rimmelzwaan" <rimmelzwaan@xhotmail.c...

Automator Workflows
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've found out that Automator workflows are not included with the Home &amp; Student edition for some reason. Is there any way of downloading these or making workflows myself that can be used in Office? <br> Thanks. ...

How to track an email
Ok, I got an email from user@ourdomain.com. This user no longer works for us, so I know he did not send it. And it did not show a first or last name, just the email address as who it was from. I have 1 exchange server 2003 (windows 200). Is there anyway I could block emails that say they are coming from @ourdomain, when they really are coming from an external source? Sorry, I have no real training on exchange, so I am always trying to learn. Thanks Even if it's possible, you may not want to do this. You'll find that it'll block legitimate emails from your people who&#...

Outlook Rules to move messages
I have been asked what happens if 2 rules that move a message to 2 different folders are valid for more than 1 email. e.g. rule 1: move an email with manchester in subject to manchester folder rule 2: move an email with liverpool in subject to liverpool folder what will happen if my email contanis both manchester and liverpool in the subject folder. You'll end up with one copy in the Manchester folder and one copy in the Liverpool folder. This is why sorting your rules, settings exceptions and setting the "stop processing rules" action is so important. For ...

Why cant I save doc then send email from open doc?
s update/change information in Publisher documents and click "SAVE". When I need to send to another person I click File, Send e-mail - document as attachment. The recipient recieves the original document, not the docoument with saved changes. Why is this???? I find when I close Publisher after clicking "SAVE" and send from Outlook at an attachment the recipient recieves the correct doc. Since sending e-mail from an open document is an option, I should be able to use it. Does anyone have this problem???? -- -kc ...

How to embed HTML in an Email?
I am using outlook express. How do I embed HTML in an email? You'd get a more expert answer if you posted in a newsgroup that was specific to Outlook Express. OE is part of Internet Explorer, not Microsoft Office which is what this group supports and has expertise in. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx Choose your version from there. When you post, please include your version of OE and account type (POP3, etc.), as well as any error messages/numbers, and troubleshooting steps you've taken. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http...

Workflow query
I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status event). Any ideas? PS: Merry Christmas everybody! You won't be able to this by workflows. You'll need to write custom code to trap the Update event. "Datapac" wrote: > I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a > Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status > event). > > Any ideas? > > PS: Merry Christmas everybody! MS has just ...

Outlook 2000 email filters
I need help in setting up porn filters. Please Harvey harvey <hdarnell@selu.edu> wrote: > I need help in setting up porn filters. Please You can edit your "Adult Senders.txt" and "Junk Senders.txt" files with Notepad, adding to them whatever domains you wish to block. Use the Organize wizard to enable Junk and Adult filtering. You cannot modify the built-in body filters Outlook uses to scan incoming mail. For more control, get a program like http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/. -- Brian Tillman ...

I am not receiving all my emails, where are they going?
I have recently upgraded and am no longer using Outlook Express, but now have Microsoft outlook. (using Windows XP home) Since this upgrade, a couple of months ago, I am not receiving all my emails, where are they going? how can I get around the problem? What version of Outlook are we talking about here? Did you remove the account from Outlook Express already to make sure they aren't downloaded by OE? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 "Ollie"...

Generate money
Don't miss the chance to generate a lot of money with AGLOCO Viewbar! No risk and absolutely free! - http://www.agloco.com/r/BBCQ5313 ...

Disappearing Emails
When I get an email in the inbox. Whatever has the focus on it dissppears after a couple of seconds. Then the next email will disappear. etc... Only on inbox folder, and nothing appears in the deleted folder, in the upper right it says filters applied even though I turned off all rules. Thanks Robert Sounds like you're using a view that only shows unread messages and you have Outlook set to mark a message as read after it's been displayed in the Preview Pane. Go to View -> Current View and make sure that you've selected "Messages" and not "Unread M...

Error opening Workflow Manager and Monitor
When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the following message: "An error occured while loading the organization's date, time, and number format settings. Those settings are incompatible with the format alredy used in Workflow Monitor. To sync them, you can make changes in the System Customization area of Microsoft CRM Server." Which formats are valid? Regards Thomas Did you find a solution to this ? I have the same problem. Anne Busby thomas svensson wrote: > When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the > following message: > > &qu...

why text only on my in-coming emails?
why am I getting text only on my in-coming emails? Hello Happy, What version of Outlook are you using? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html > why am I getting text only on my in-coming emails? > Do you have the option set to read all standard mail in plain text? It's under Tools > Options > Email Options. -Peter "Happy Jack" <Happy Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B76EED14-D933-4379-A75C-145590477C86@microsoft.com... > why am...

Include activities created by the workflow
Can you explain me the difference between checking the Include activities created by the workflow option and not checking it .. Can you tell me if this option really works ? I hope you can help me this is mi scenario 1.- I need to send and email automatically when a case is created (I already do this with a workflow rule) .. 2.- Wait 8 hours (I already know how to do this) 3.- Then Check if any other activity has been created besides the email send in number 1 4.- If no activity has been created then I send an email I thougth that if the Include activities generated by workflow is NOT ch...

Workflow email off of custom entity
I am trying to create a workflow that sends email to a lead on the creation of an attached, custom entity. My specific case is: internet user requests information from the website. They sign up to receive the information, and what they enter on the sign-up gets put into a lead. They then request a specific item, and this gets placed into a custom entity in CRM. Now, when the custom entity is created, I want to trigger an email to be sent to the person that just requested it, which is stored on the lead. This would work if I could call a manual workflow as a subprocess from a different ent...

MIssing Email #5
We have an Exchange 2003 clustered environment. I have user's complaining that they are not receiving some emails. We have receive alot of emails during the day and I have a user atleast once a day that says that he/she never received an email. I checked Message Tracking and I don't see the emails there. However other people on exchange that were cc'd on the emails receive the emails. Can you help? are these internal emails? or email from the Internet? "AJ" <mzalj@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:OJf4dZ$VFHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > We have an...