Workflow email: url in object? and ModifiedBy is ugly

Hi, I have two questions that should have quick answers one way or the other:

1) Is there any way to include the url to an object in the email sent from
workflow?  For example, "You're the new owner of the blahblah account.
<CLICK HERE> to access the account."  This isn't a post-URL action (I think,
since there's not a url to post to), so much as just a hyperlink for the user
to click in the email.

2) I'd like to use ModifiedBy as a slug in the workflow email ("This account
has been sent to you by <This Person>"), but the ModifiedBy field that comes
across by default is waaaay ugly ({IFOEM13429KJOF} kind of stuff).  Any way I
can send out email with the person's name that modified the record?

Thanks!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Try this:
account</a>

and for the modified by, use &account.modifiedbyname;

Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Chris S" wrote:

> Hi, I have two questions that should have quick answers one way or the other:
>
> 1) Is there any way to include the url to an object in the email sent from
> workflow?  For example, "You're the new owner of the blahblah account.
> <CLICK HERE> to access the account."  This isn't a post-URL action (I think,
> since there's not a url to post to), so much as just a hyperlink for the user
> to click in the email.
>
> 2) I'd like to use ModifiedBy as a slug in the workflow email ("This account
> has been sent to you by <This Person>"), but the ModifiedBy field that comes
> across by default is waaaay ugly ({IFOEM13429KJOF} kind of stuff).  Any way I
> can send out email with the person's name that modified the record?
>
> Thanks!

Exchange 2003 public folder object permission prob
I have completed my migration from Exch2000 to Exch 2003 and now have a Exch 2003 only environment. Now in the public folders many of the calendars events have had their owners change to the Exhange Administrator. Since these users are only authors they can no longer update their calendars events. How can I reset the owner of an object without resetting the permissions on the entire folder the object is in. ...

Printed email text appears rotated 90 degrees CCW
A colleague of mine receives emails occassionally in which the body of the email appears normally on screen, however, when she prints the email, the text appears left to right, but with each letter in the word rotated 90 degrees CCW in place. The print preview appears normal and the result is the same when printed on different printers (HP or Xerox). When she forwards the email to me and I print it, it's fine. This only happens in Outlook 2003, not Word or other Office applications. Has anyone else seen this before? Has anyone discovered why this happens? Are they HTML? Have you look...

Quick Campaign email attachments
Can you add a file attachment using the quick campaign eamil wiz. I was on the way to the forum to ask the same question. I would like to expand on the question. If it is not possible with a quick campaign, how about a full campaign? What about doing it programatically if we can't do it through a wizard. "Johnstonejim" wrote: > Can you add a file attachment using the quick campaign eamil wiz. Any updates on this? I have looked at TrueCare Newsletter add-on but this seems like it should be something we can do via CRM. All I really want to do is send out mass e-mail...

Emails Stuck in Queue #3
On random occasions after a reboot of the server, i will have emails sent to 2 specific domains get stuck in the Queue. As soon as i reboot it again, they will get sent, but until the server is rebooted they are stuck there. Has anyone ever encountered this problem before? and if so how did you fix it? are they both domains external domains? And, please confirm exchange version as well. "Karl" wrote: > On random occasions after a reboot of the server, i will have emails sent to > 2 specific domains get stuck in the Queue. As soon as i reboot it again, they > wil...

Not able to print pictures in email
I have a user that when she prints an email with a picture in it, the picture shows up as a red x. Any suggestions? Thanks, CEV ...

OWA
Is there any way to only view "unread" email when viewing messages in Outlook Web Access? Sorry about the duplication. I was receiving an error messages every time I tried to post the question, so I did not realize that the message was actually being posted to the newsgroup. Thanks to Roady and everyone for your help. "Candace" wrote: > Is there any way to only view "unread" email when viewing messages in Outlook > Web Access? Candace wrote: > Sorry about the duplication. I was receiving an error messages every > time I tried to post the quest...

Wave 4
I am liking Wave 4 but it would have been nice to have had the ability to attach labels to emails. ...

Still receiving email for former employees?
Hi all, Were using Exchange 2003, Server 2003, the problem is that even though the former employees have been removed from exchange, we still receive emails for these ex-employees. Is there a way to keep them from coming in or no? Enable "filter recipients not in AD." http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Sender-Recipient-Filtering.html Nue "jimmy_ray00" <jimmyray00@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CE333CD-2FC9-48B8-848C-E828D3A2BE2D@microsoft.com... > Hi all, Were using Exchange 2003, Server 2003, the problem is that even > though the form...

Can't delete new emails
I am currently unable to delete messages from my inbox. When I click delete, they do show up in my deleted folder (multiple times if I keep clicking), however they remain in my inbox. I have tried everything (highlighting multiple messages, using right click....) and nothing seems to work. ...

Using workflow manager to send email
hi I have an entity called sales rep which is linked to the store. I want to do a workflow which sends an email out to the sales rep 1 minute after the lead is created. however i have done the template bit and when i try to create a workflow i dont get the option to use the to field from the sales rep entity. Can anyone please advice me how to go about this regards Ridhima ...

Email a Quote 10-22-04
Is there a way to email a Quote (using either the web or outlook client)? -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com Not a simple one-step process. If you use the Outlook client - open the quote and in the 'File' menu you can use the "Print quote for customer" - this directly integrates with Word's mailmerge engine. You can then combine a Word Template with substitution variables from the CRM record to produce a 'nice' looking quote. You can then save that document to an appropriate l...

OUTLOOK EXPRESS OPENING EMAIL
The other day I mistakenly right clicked on the toolbar at the bottom of my screen. I think I inadvertetnly clicked "cascade windows". Since correcting it whenever I double click to open an email in Outlook Express, it doesn't open up maximized. It opens up as maybe a third of the screen and I have to maximize it to view it properly. Any advice on how to fix that? Thanks! Brian <cartfan19@yahoo.com> wrote: > The other day I mistakenly right clicked on the toolbar > at the bottom of my screen. I think I inadvertetnly > clicked "cascade windows"...

High amount of email!
Hi I am seeing a very concerning amount of emails that our exchange server is receiving. I am running Symantec Antivirus/Filtering for Exchange and it is showing that it is scanning over 200,000 emails in three days. I am also, through a third party email monitoring software, seeing email that is not coming from or sending to any of our email addresses. What is going on? We are hosting our own email server using Exchange 2000. Is it possible that our server is being used by others as a relay server? I don't think I am allowing this but any help you can provide in this matter would b...

PLEASE
I go to TOOLS > Email accounts... > Create new email account. I put in my info. I'm using gmail and put that address in. I click Finish. All seems to be okay. Then I try to send messages. All I get is a box that says it cannot be sent and is an error - "Bad Request." It won't connect with my inbox to gmail or anything. I need serious help and would appreciate anything!!!!!! Thank so much. Melody wrote: > I go to TOOLS > Email accounts... > Create new email account. I put > in my info. I'm using gmail and put that address in. I click Finish. > A...

attach an email as a "file" to a new email
I have received emails that have an attachment on them that is another email from another source. Does anyone know how to do this and can it be done on Outlook (Office 2000 version)? Thanks... It can be done easlily. What I do is open a new email and minimize it. Then I search for or go to the emails I want to attach, but do not open them. Just drag them over to the new email that was minimized earlier until it maximizes(pops up) and realease your mouse once the cursor is over the tex area. At this point that email with all its attachments will be attached to the new email. Attila &qu...

External emails into a queue
Hi, is there a way to set external emails into a queue, for instance, all emails to support@xxx.com will go to customer service queue. And we can then split all the email in this queue equally among all the customer service agent. Current situation: Currently i'm trying to create a rules that any incoming mails recieve to let say User A email account. All this mail will automated goes into the assigned queue folder. I have already enable the queue function for user A in my CRM queue setting & to the appointed folder. Plus i have setup the email router rules deployment wizard for ...

how to forward a users email
I have a user that needs to have his email forwarded. how do i do this in exchange 5.5. Hi Larry, Take a look at the following article, it should help. 255697 XADM: How to Forward E-mail Messages from an Exchange Mailbox to a POP3 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=255697 -- Patrick Genova Pgenova@online.microsoft.com Please do not send mail directly to this alias. This alias is for Newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "larryb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b4b301c437...

outgoing email thru aol.com
cannot send email but can receive. have ckd all settings - see error msg below. any help will be appreciated. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'mormec@aol.com'. Subject 'testing...

outlook 2007, exchange 2007 in SBS 2008 email attachment extensions changed
Day one after rolling out SBS2008 after migrating from SBS200, A number of users are complaining about Word doc's arriving as .do_ and pdf's arriving as .pd_ which need to be renamed to work as intended. Have googled and binged to no avail. Forefront wasn't installed, and get-attachmentfilterlist commands in the Exchange power shell don't return anything that clarifies the situation. Anyone any ideas where this is coming from? Thanks AC You sure you have no other mail filtering? If you have no forefront.. it doesn't sound to me like it's the SBS ...

exporting a list of email addresses
I have had a request for all of the email addresses of our faculty. I have a distribution group for faculty. However, I have not been successful in finding a way to export the members of that group to a text file or another other type of list. Any suggestions? -- Kenny Goodson Director of Computer Services Northeast Texas Community College try IMI GAL Exporter The URL is: http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imige.htm We uses it without any problems more that 6 years.... "KennyG" <KennyG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63239343-B1AB-4DFB-8B24-05189...

URGENT HELP NEEDED! Need to restore email account
A friend of mine has just deleted her primary email account (listed as Microsoft Exchange Server) from her Outlook 2003 (she's running Win 2000) as she has just got a new internet provider but on doing that all her inbox, address book etc has disappeared. She desperately needs to recover it as soon as possible .. can it be done and if so how? Would really appreciate any help as she has urgent messages which need to be sent The mail and contacts would still be on the Exchange Server. She can use = the Tools | E-mail Accounts command to add the Exchange account back to = Outlook.=20 ...

Email Embedded Link
I have outlook express 5.0 and every time I click on an embedded link in my email it comes up with PROGRAM NOT FOUND... "Windows cannot find Program.exe", and it want's me to browse to find Program.exe. Could someone help? Thanks! Jah This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inete...

Setup server to email administrator when a users mailbox is full
Is it possible to have either exchange server (2003 in this case) or windows server 2003 email the administrator or postmaster account to alert him to the fact a users exchange mailbox is full (full in regard to the imposed limit by the admin)?? or when an event is generated to the fact? Thanks so much for your time in advance, Seth On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:07:02 -0800, "Seth at Sherwood" <SethatSherwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to have either exchange server (2003 in this case) or windows >server 2003 email the administrator or postmaster ...

How do I know which type of email server (POP3, HTTP,etc) mine is.
When setting up an email account, I don't know which type of server to use. My email is on www.gmx.at. Should i use POP3 or HTTP or another one? "ema" <ema@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1029CAAF-7FDA-4629-B0CE-D8999BE16609@microsoft.com... > When setting up an email account, I don't know which type of server to > use. > My email is on www.gmx.at. Should i use POP3 or HTTP or another one? So what does gmx.at say when you call them? What do their help web pages say? Unless it's web only it's probably pop, the vast majority of...

Public Folders
Hello All, Running E2003 STD sp1 on WS2003. One public folder was deleted with had an email address. when I've restored the folder from the tape backup the folder had to be re enabled to allow mail access again. The system no longer will allow the folder to have its original email address and says the address is still in use. Have check all the places I know to find were the old address is hiding but unable to find it to remove it and allow its reuse. Any suggestions? Regards Neville On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 04:32:02 -0800, "Neville" <Neville@discussions.microsoft.com&...