Workflow email slow to send - CRM 4

When a workflow is ran and completed, the related email takes upwards of an
hour to be delivered. When sending an email to a user from the contact page
the email is delivered within a few minutes.
Are there any known settings I should check to speed up the email process,
perhaps an email polling timer somewhere?

thank you in advance
0
timtw (3)
4/8/2009 7:45:03 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

How is the mail being sent - are you using the email router to send mail
created by workflows?

Dave Ireland

"tim-tw" <timtw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When a workflow is ran and completed, the related email takes upwards of
> an
> hour to be delivered. When sending an email to a user from the contact
> page
> the email is delivered within a few minutes.
> Are there any known settings I should check to speed up the email process,
> perhaps an email polling timer somewhere?
>
> thank you in advance

0
direland (470)
4/8/2009 11:09:03 PM
They are using the Outlook option to relay emails.

"Dave Ireland" wrote:

> How is the mail being sent - are you using the email router to send mail
> created by workflows?
>
> Dave Ireland
>
> "tim-tw" <timtw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When a workflow is ran and completed, the related email takes upwards of
> > an
> > hour to be delivered. When sending an email to a user from the contact
> > page
> > the email is delivered within a few minutes.
> > Are there any known settings I should check to speed up the email process,
> > perhaps an email polling timer somewhere?
> >
> > thank you in advance

0
timtw (3)
4/9/2009 11:06:08 AM
Ok then, can you check the CRM sync frequency for the user that is sending
the mail?  By default, I think it's every 15 minutes, but it can be changed.
So the workflow should create the email and it will be marked as pending.
The next time the 'Sender' 's outlook syncs with CRM, the email should be
sent from the oulook client.

Remember that the email only gets sent when the CRM for Outlook syncs with
the CRM Server, so if the user is logged off or the CRM addin becomes
disabled, the email is not going out.

Dave

> They are using the Outlook option to relay emails.
>

> "Dave Ireland" wrote:
>
>> How is the mail being sent - are you using the email router to send mail
>> created by workflows?
>>
>> Dave Ireland
>>
>> "tim-tw" <timtw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When a workflow is ran and completed, the related email takes upwards
>> > of
>> > an
>> > hour to be delivered. When sending an email to a user from the contact
>> > page
>> > the email is delivered within a few minutes.
>> > Are there any known settings I should check to speed up the email
>> > process,
>> > perhaps an email polling timer somewhere?
>> >
>> > thank you in advance

0
direland (470)
4/9/2009 3:13:42 PM
Thanks for your time and input Dave,

You got me looking in the right place and the timing is better. We are
slowly taming this animal!
0
timtw (3)
4/13/2009 7:19:44 PM
We are having the same issue but we are using the Email Router.  Do you have
any suggestions on troubleshooting these delays?

Thanks.

"tim-tw" wrote:

> Thanks for your time and input Dave,
>
> You got me looking in the right place and the timing is better. We are
> slowly taming this animal!
0
Vicki (34)

why is image001.gif attached to all my outgoing emails?
is word your email editor? Did you set a header or footer in word, or use bullet points (especially in the header or footer)? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EAS...

Are emails auto-generated to Required Attendees of Appointments?
With regard to appointments in the CRM, I'm not sure where to confirm if email notifications are going to Required attendees. We use appts. to track our meetings with customers and sometimes they are added in after the meeting is held. I ask this because, in the blank area of the appointment, we sometimes include internal notes that I don't want our prospects to see. One time, one of my sales reps added a question, and the prospect emailed back with a reply! This is bad. If I'm going to invite a client to a meeting, I do it by phone or separate email. Does anyone know h...

Mail won't send
Why do I keep getting this error message interittantY Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: XXXXXX Sent: 10/17/2003 11:04 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: XXXXon 10/17/2003 11:04 PM 550 5.7.1 (deleted e-mail address)Relaying denied: You must check for new mail before sending mail. This could be the result of virus spreadking spam. I had the same problem. I sent an email to persons in my email account to advise those who had my email address they may have a virus that was sending unwanted ema...

workflow assembly vs. workflow bulk import
hi, i have a question concerning the account the workflow service is supposed to run at. I developed a Workflow Assembly which creates an Activity in CRM. I realized - maybe because of bad configuration - that the workflow service has to be run at a crm user account to work. Is this true or is local system also possible? Because now we realized that Bulk import only works when the Local System account is used for Workflow Service. Big Problem. Anybody with a similar problem and a resolution? martin ...

Interactive email
I want to create a form that I can email to friends with boxes they can check and then send back. Can this be created in MS Publisher? Well, thanks XXZFZFCJKCGHXGFBJXFFO.. I was hoping for something a little more informative.. Anyone Are your 'friends' incapable of typing - Yes - No - Maybe - Perhaps -- Well, I guess thats one way to "solve" a problem.. thanks... ...

Help requested to construct this workflow rule...
We have a custom field on Account Detail screen where "Contract Expiry Date" is captured. We would like to create a work flow rule which will send an alert email to the Account Owner six months before the "Contract Expiry Date". We are putting our heads around on how to create this rule but could not achieve a result. Can someone guide us to the right direction? We will appreciate your help. I'm not sure if this works on custom attributes, haven't tested that. But, if it does then you could do this using a "Wait for Timer" condition. You set the time...

Email #26
Does anyone know how to get animated pictures in their mail. I always get them but have not figured out how to do it myself. If I copy and paste it is only the still picture. Thanks to all & have a great New Year! ...

Message Options (Delayed Emails) #3
Hi all, I have a user on my network who uses the Message Options often to delay emails in the Outbox to a specific time. The problem is only with this user. Users OS is 2000 Pro/Office XP (Outlook 2002) and is not working offline. Server is Exchange server 5.5 LDAP not POP3. (For example, the user can write an email at 1pm and click send and the email will sit in the Outbox until the specified time the user has set in the Message Options dialog box.) The problem is that sometimes the messages work and sometimes they dont. Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks. ...

Is there a 'RecordChanged' event in workflow manager?
I'm not finding it if there is. I need to have CRM send Account and Incident info to BizTalk whenever the record changes, and someone suggested I write a workflow rule that posts account info to a URL to accomplish this. However, all I can find is a Status Change event that is not very useful for this. If anyone has a better idea, please don't be shy and let me know :) Also, after I save and activate the rule, it doesn't show up in the workflow monitor. thanks, Daniel. You can create a post callout for post-update. BK "Daniel Rimmelzwaan" <rimmelzwaan@xhotmail.c...

Outbox /Sending Problem
My outbox in outlook 2002 continues to show it is trying to send 1 of 2 messages when my outbox is empty. It I try to send a new outgoing, it wont send it. Its like the pipe is clogged. Suggestions?? ...

Automator Workflows
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've found out that Automator workflows are not included with the Home &amp; Student edition for some reason. Is there any way of downloading these or making workflows myself that can be used in Office? <br> Thanks. ...

How to track an email
Ok, I got an email from user@ourdomain.com. This user no longer works for us, so I know he did not send it. And it did not show a first or last name, just the email address as who it was from. I have 1 exchange server 2003 (windows 200). Is there anyway I could block emails that say they are coming from @ourdomain, when they really are coming from an external source? Sorry, I have no real training on exchange, so I am always trying to learn. Thanks Even if it's possible, you may not want to do this. You'll find that it'll block legitimate emails from your people who&#...

Why cant I save doc then send email from open doc?
s update/change information in Publisher documents and click "SAVE". When I need to send to another person I click File, Send e-mail - document as attachment. The recipient recieves the original document, not the docoument with saved changes. Why is this???? I find when I close Publisher after clicking "SAVE" and send from Outlook at an attachment the recipient recieves the correct doc. Since sending e-mail from an open document is an option, I should be able to use it. Does anyone have this problem???? -- -kc ...

Outlook Rules to move messages
I have been asked what happens if 2 rules that move a message to 2 different folders are valid for more than 1 email. e.g. rule 1: move an email with manchester in subject to manchester folder rule 2: move an email with liverpool in subject to liverpool folder what will happen if my email contanis both manchester and liverpool in the subject folder. You'll end up with one copy in the Manchester folder and one copy in the Liverpool folder. This is why sorting your rules, settings exceptions and setting the "stop processing rules" action is so important. For ...

How to embed HTML in an Email?
I am using outlook express. How do I embed HTML in an email? You'd get a more expert answer if you posted in a newsgroup that was specific to Outlook Express. OE is part of Internet Explorer, not Microsoft Office which is what this group supports and has expertise in. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx Choose your version from there. When you post, please include your version of OE and account type (POP3, etc.), as well as any error messages/numbers, and troubleshooting steps you've taken. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http...

Workflow query
I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status event). Any ideas? PS: Merry Christmas everybody! You won't be able to this by workflows. You'll need to write custom code to trap the Update event. "Datapac" wrote: > I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a > Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status > event). > > Any ideas? > > PS: Merry Christmas everybody! MS has just ...

Help displaying new email icon.
Hi I've just started getting a problem with Outllok 2003. When I recieve email the envelope icon that tells me that I have new email appears with the inactive icons ie it does not show the envelope icon - it hides it away with the inactive icons. I would like it displayed (as it used to be), how do I get it to always display when new email arrives? Thanx Simon right click the Windows Start button, select Properties then the Taskbar tab and customize. look for the entry "you have new unopened items" and set its behaviour to "always show" "Simon" <si@com...

My unwanted email messages can't be deleted
I just got a new laptop and when I try to delete my email messages, they show a line thru the middle, but they won't go away. Also, there are many messages in my new email that have been deleted long ago from my desktop. What to do? Thanks so much. "Cheyenne" <Cheyenne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DFD705B-A11D-47DE-9AEF-94F2A1A38C3E@microsoft.com... >I just got a new laptop and when I try to delete my email messages, they >show > a line thru the middle, but they won't go away. > > Also, there are many messages in my new emai...

Find and Email Address
Hello All I want to create a mail address but I am being informed by exchange the mail address already exist but there is no mailbox so I can only assume the address has been asigned to a user Is there a way of finding an email address that may have been asigned to a user without looking at every uses address properities. wayne Try this: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/finding_smtp_ad.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Wayne" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote in message news:%233NcvpRX...

Error opening Workflow Manager and Monitor
When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the following message: "An error occured while loading the organization's date, time, and number format settings. Those settings are incompatible with the format alredy used in Workflow Monitor. To sync them, you can make changes in the System Customization area of Microsoft CRM Server." Which formats are valid? Regards Thomas Did you find a solution to this ? I have the same problem. Anne Busby thomas svensson wrote: > When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the > following message: > > &qu...

Disappearing Emails
When I get an email in the inbox. Whatever has the focus on it dissppears after a couple of seconds. Then the next email will disappear. etc... Only on inbox folder, and nothing appears in the deleted folder, in the upper right it says filters applied even though I turned off all rules. Thanks Robert Sounds like you're using a view that only shows unread messages and you have Outlook set to mark a message as read after it's been displayed in the Preview Pane. Go to View -> Current View and make sure that you've selected "Messages" and not "Unread M...

why text only on my in-coming emails?
why am I getting text only on my in-coming emails? Hello Happy, What version of Outlook are you using? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html > why am I getting text only on my in-coming emails? > Do you have the option set to read all standard mail in plain text? It's under Tools > Options > Email Options. -Peter "Happy Jack" <Happy Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B76EED14-D933-4379-A75C-145590477C86@microsoft.com... > why am...

Include activities created by the workflow
Can you explain me the difference between checking the Include activities created by the workflow option and not checking it .. Can you tell me if this option really works ? I hope you can help me this is mi scenario 1.- I need to send and email automatically when a case is created (I already do this with a workflow rule) .. 2.- Wait 8 hours (I already know how to do this) 3.- Then Check if any other activity has been created besides the email send in number 1 4.- If no activity has been created then I send an email I thougth that if the Include activities generated by workflow is NOT ch...

Workflow email off of custom entity
I am trying to create a workflow that sends email to a lead on the creation of an attached, custom entity. My specific case is: internet user requests information from the website. They sign up to receive the information, and what they enter on the sign-up gets put into a lead. They then request a specific item, and this gets placed into a custom entity in CRM. Now, when the custom entity is created, I want to trigger an email to be sent to the person that just requested it, which is stored on the lead. This would work if I could call a manual workflow as a subprocess from a different ent...

Email Functionality
Hi, In the help menu doc, it says the following Recipients of your e-mail will have the option of either requesting more information (thus becoming a lead) or requesting that they be removed from your e-mail list. Is this a built in feature or do i have to do some customisation in other to get this functionality. Has any one got further infomation on this. Kind Regards Abby ...