Workflow assignment of related records to account owner

Is there a way to have related records (quotes, opportunities and orders are
what I am really concerned with) automatically assigned to the account owner
if someone other than the account owner creates them?  I would think this
would be no big deal, but I have not been able to figure it out and think I
am overlooking something.

Our structure pairs an inside sales person with some number of outside sales
people (anywhere from 1-4).  The outside sales people own all of the customer
accouts.  If an inside sales person creates an opportunity, for example, for
a particular account, I would like workflow to assign the opportunity record
to the account owner (the outside sales person).  Any insight would be
appreciated.  Thanks
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Yeah, the Assign Entity is not as Dynamic as it should be, but if you need to
assign based on Parent Account criteria, you'll need to "Hard Code" a lotta
If Then conditions.
In the Opportunity WF, apply:
Insert Conditions (If/Then will appear) in the IF:
Click Insert Conditions --> Check Entity Conditions
Entity = Account
Field = Owner
Condition =  Equals
Value = (Your target outside Sales User)
Then do an Else/If for each Outside Sales Owner that could possible own a
given Account record.

Kludgy, yes.

In fact, almost seems like you should save your self an hour of effort and
draft an e-mail for all you internal Sales folk and tell them that when they
create an Opportunity, to check the owner of the Parent Account and Assign
the Opportunity to that User... It takes very little effort on the User's
part.

But, then again, if you want the automation, this would be the best way to
go...

HTH,

"mraynor" wrote:

> Is there a way to have related records (quotes, opportunities and orders are
> what I am really concerned with) automatically assigned to the account owner
> if someone other than the account owner creates them?  I would think this
> would be no big deal, but I have not been able to figure it out and think I
> am overlooking something.
>
> Our structure pairs an inside sales person with some number of outside sales
> people (anywhere from 1-4).  The outside sales people own all of the customer
> accouts.  If an inside sales person creates an opportunity, for example, for
> a particular account, I would like workflow to assign the opportunity record
> to the account owner (the outside sales person).  Any insight would be
> appreciated.  Thanks

workflow assembly vs. workflow bulk import
hi, i have a question concerning the account the workflow service is supposed to run at. I developed a Workflow Assembly which creates an Activity in CRM. I realized - maybe because of bad configuration - that the workflow service has to be run at a crm user account to work. Is this true or is local system also possible? Because now we realized that Bulk import only works when the Local System account is used for Workflow Service. Big Problem. Anybody with a similar problem and a resolution? martin ...

Help requested to construct this workflow rule...
We have a custom field on Account Detail screen where "Contract Expiry Date" is captured. We would like to create a work flow rule which will send an alert email to the Account Owner six months before the "Contract Expiry Date". We are putting our heads around on how to create this rule but could not achieve a result. Can someone guide us to the right direction? We will appreciate your help. I'm not sure if this works on custom attributes, haven't tested that. But, if it does then you could do this using a "Wait for Timer" condition. You set the time...

XML & Relational Database
Hi all, I'm a newbie. I want to parsing XML data into a single relational database. I found that this can be done by reading XML file into a dataset and uses a DataAdapter to load them into a database. Is this a good way to parsing XML data? Are there any easier way? I'm not using a SQL Server so I can't use SQLXML lib. Where I can find a good site that provide goods example about this things? Thanks, ano Did you try with XML DOM? -- Every thing is perfect, as long as you share!!! "ano" wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm a newbie. I want to parsing XML data ...

Is there a 'RecordChanged' event in workflow manager?
I'm not finding it if there is. I need to have CRM send Account and Incident info to BizTalk whenever the record changes, and someone suggested I write a workflow rule that posts account info to a URL to accomplish this. However, all I can find is a Status Change event that is not very useful for this. If anyone has a better idea, please don't be shy and let me know :) Also, after I save and activate the rule, it doesn't show up in the workflow monitor. thanks, Daniel. You can create a post callout for post-update. BK "Daniel Rimmelzwaan" <rimmelzwaan@xhotmail.c...

after I enable a disabled account, can not access its mailbox.
i ever disable an account, and now i enable it, i can login with this account, but when i use outlook to access its mailbox,it failed. system prompt that you have not enough right to open the mailbox folder. so what can i do? anyone can show me the detail? please send email to me, if you know how to. thank you! my email address is kavenhuang@weconnor.com.cn Kaven wrote: > i ever disable an account, and now i enable it, i can login with this account, but when i use outlook to access its mailbox,it > failed. system prompt that you have not enough right to open the mailbox folder. so wha...

Automator Workflows
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've found out that Automator workflows are not included with the Home &amp; Student edition for some reason. Is there any way of downloading these or making workflows myself that can be used in Office? <br> Thanks. ...

Opening a form by Double clicking records in subform
I have a form with a subform embedded on it. I created a button that I use to create a filter on my database. The result of the filter is displayed in the subform. Now, what I want to be able to do is click on a row in the subform and I want the complete record of the row I clicked on to be displayed on the main form. I tried using thess two functions: Function OpenRecordForEditing() If Not IsNull([Invoice Number]) Then DoCmd.OpenForm "Invoice Tracker", OpenArgs:=1, datamode:=acFormEdit, _ wherecondition:="[Invoice Number]= " & [Invoice Number] &...

Workflow query
I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status event). Any ideas? PS: Merry Christmas everybody! You won't be able to this by workflows. You'll need to write custom code to trap the Update event. "Datapac" wrote: > I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a > Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status > event). > > Any ideas? > > PS: Merry Christmas everybody! MS has just ...

Workflow email off of custom entity
I am trying to create a workflow that sends email to a lead on the creation of an attached, custom entity. My specific case is: internet user requests information from the website. They sign up to receive the information, and what they enter on the sign-up gets put into a lead. They then request a specific item, and this gets placed into a custom entity in CRM. Now, when the custom entity is created, I want to trigger an email to be sent to the person that just requested it, which is stored on the lead. This would work if I could call a manual workflow as a subprocess from a different ent...

Assign Picklist value to another Picklist
I have 2 picklist (territorycode and Listado) and i want to add the value selected of territorycode picklist into listado picklist Could be something like this in the Onchange Event... crmForm.territorycode.value=crmForm.CFPListado.value; but didn`t work. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Daniel Rodriguez SMS - Argentina Try using the returnValue property, e.g.: crmForm.territorycode.returnValue=crmForm.CFPListado.returnValue; "Daniel Rodriguez" wrote: > I have 2 picklist (territorycode and Listado) and i want to add the value > selected of territorycode ...

Include activities created by the workflow
Can you explain me the difference between checking the Include activities created by the workflow option and not checking it .. Can you tell me if this option really works ? I hope you can help me this is mi scenario 1.- I need to send and email automatically when a case is created (I already do this with a workflow rule) .. 2.- Wait 8 hours (I already know how to do this) 3.- Then Check if any other activity has been created besides the email send in number 1 4.- If no activity has been created then I send an email I thougth that if the Include activities generated by workflow is NOT ch...

Error opening Workflow Manager and Monitor
When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the following message: "An error occured while loading the organization's date, time, and number format settings. Those settings are incompatible with the format alredy used in Workflow Monitor. To sync them, you can make changes in the System Customization area of Microsoft CRM Server." Which formats are valid? Regards Thomas Did you find a solution to this ? I have the same problem. Anne Busby thomas svensson wrote: > When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the > following message: > > &qu...

How do you return to record you were working on after requery?
I saw Linq Adams reply to Efandango's question regarding moving to a null field after a requery. I tried the code provided in the answer but it didn't work. My unique id field is numeric. I am not sure if that is why it didn't work. What I am trying to do is go to the form I was working on after a requery. I have seen a variety of code that does it, but I can't get it to work. I think my problem might be with my unique field. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I have been struggling with this for a while, but working on nothing but this for the last two days. ...

returning only a selected number of records
I have a tabel of questions and answers with autonumber. I have created a query that randomizes the autonumber so that the questions always appear in a different order when I run the query. The only problem is that I have about 1800 questions and I don't need all of them on a quiz. I know you can manually determine how many record are returned in a query by going to design mode and changing it. However I want to use a form that I always run before the query to determine the number of record returned. Like I have a textbox that I put X into and then run the query and it returns only X numbe...

Validating some issues related to CRM laptop client for Outlook
Dears, I need to validate with you some issues related to CRM laptop client for Outlook. Our sales people here need to work on CRM offline because they are out of office most of the time. Once they are in office they can connect to CRM online and synchronize their Outlook data. This is obvious . My question is: Our system administrator has asked me if it is a must that these sales people need to logon to a domain server, even if they are offline (Off course if they are offline the network connection is disabled but the domain\username authentication is still there). I told him that th...

Adding columns to "Look Up Records" window #4
In certain places in CRM (specifically highlight a Lead, click New Email, and press the looking glass lookup button to the right of the To field) when I do a Lookup for contacts or accounts, the window "Look Up Records" appears with a list of entities at the top, a search field, and two lists below. The left list is available records and the right is selected records. The Available Records list only displays a single column, the name of the account or contact. I want to display more columns, and scollbars are OK. My specific issue is that I have 4 "Rick Johnson" c...

Portal Workflow
I have an intermittant problem showing up in Workflows (BP2.7 GP8 sp4a). Most times HR or Payroll dept changes go through fine, but sometimes one gets stuck. Go to ->Site Settings>Application Settings>Workflow>Process Log. When this happens "End" and resubmit fixes it. Once, I had Microsoft helped me clear the tables when "End" did not work". What might be causing this? Comments Tab ********************************************************* Network The system encountered the following error while processing your Service request: Act...

Sending e-mail with attachment to all Contacts of an Account
Hi, My sales people want to send out e-mails to all the contacts of their accounts. the process they want to follow is : Open-up Account , click on contact and highlight all the contact and send an e-mail, they want to be able to attach a PDF or some other document to this e-mail as well. They DON'T want to individually select each activity later-on and attach document and click Send e-mail either. Any ideas as to how to accomplish this with as less number of clicks as possible ? Thanks for your help, Kishore Hi Kishore, Are you interested in custom solutions?. If so please...

IF formula to flag 'record types'
I need an IF formula to display TRUE or FALSE depending on what text i contained in a cell. Eg. Column J Contains differnt record types: 'New Agreement' 'Expiring (URGENT)' 'Completed' 'Pending' 'Cancelled' I need a formula to look up this row & display True IF it contain either of these 3 record types: New Agreement, Expiring (URGENT) 'Pending' I tried this, it's completely wrong I know, but it might give u better idea of what im looking for: =IF(J2='Agreement',OR,'Expiring (URGENT)',OR,'Ne Agreement',TRUE,...

assigning categories to email in outlook 2007
I only get color categories when I right click the category column in my email. How do I get the subject category list to show up? Is this an upgrade version of Office? Did you have a prior versioh of Outlook installed? If yes, then right click on the root of the mailbox, select properties, and then under the General Tab. select the option to "upgrade to color categories." -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 ...

Trying to combine multiple records into one record in a Query
I am new to Access, and very little knowledge about SQL. I read allot about normalization, need to know if I went to far with it with my Family table. Here is the structures for the tables I have, and of the query I want to create. Contact Table: tabContactID (Autonumber) ContactID (Create using VBA in a form) (PK) FirstName LastName etc.... Example: tabContactID ContactID FirstName LastName etc.... 0001 DonDuck Donald Duck 0002 MicMouse Mickey Mouse Next the Family Table: tabFamID (Autonumber)(PK...

Account Group ID #2
Even though I have included Account Group ID in my FA import it is not being assigned to the asset. This is a problem since the asset G/L depends on this ID. Right now all assets appear to be defaulting to the default Account Group ID. ...

Deleting records from an "Unmatched" query
Hoping someone can help me resolve a seamingly simple task. I have a query that finds records in Table1 that do not have matching fields in Table2 and then I want to delete those records from Table1. I'm obviously a novice but, I usually get by. Need help this time. Thanks. (btw, running Access 2000 & 2007) SImplest is one field in A matches to one field in B DELETE * FROM TableA WHERE TableA.SomeField IN (SELECT MatchingField FROM TableB) -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland Baltimore Count...

Workflow
Hi, We are using Great Plains 8 and soon might be upgrading to 9.0. We are considering to implement a Workflow and Document Management system and will very soon start reviewing the products. Two workflow systems that we will be looking into are Teamplate from Captaris and Documentum. We would like to know which workflow system has a better integration with Great Plains? Any other workflow system that we should consider? Thanks, ...

Assign Contact to specific Email account
I use Outlook 2007 and have it handle 4 different email accounts of mine. Is there a way to assign a contact to a specfic account? Example: Accounts me@email.com metoo@email.com methree@email.com Default: me@email.com Contact: Mickey Mouse When I email Mickey Mouse I want it to be sent automatically from methree@email.com with out having to select ACCOUNT from the ribbon. Thanks B Nope, that is not possible. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Down...