workflow assembly vs. workflow bulk import

hi, i have a question concerning the account the workflow service is
supposed to run at. I developed a Workflow Assembly which creates an
Activity in CRM. I realized - maybe because of bad configuration -
that the workflow service  has to be run at a crm user account to
work. Is this true or is local system also possible?
Because now we realized that Bulk import only works when the Local
System account is used for Workflow Service. Big Problem. Anybody with
a similar problem and a resolution?
martin

0
mlazar
4/24/2007 3:43:46 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Inventory Item
Hi I am trying to go through the documentation for every module in GP to get a better understanding for its all aspcets. some terminolgies creating confusion to me like the following: in Inventory: Standard Cost vs Current Cost. what is the exact difference? how they are affected by the actual cost being used during the purchasing? thanks Alaa, The Current Cost is the actual cost updated on all inventory transactions and the Standard Cost should be manually entered. The usage for both fields is mainly in Pricelist, since the item price maybe based on percentage of the current or ac...

specify where to find an assembly in the configuration file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0068_01CAADA9.FD383D00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi! I'm reading a section in a book from Microsoft Press called .NET = FRAMEWORK 2.0 Application Development Foundation. about Installing and Configuring Application. The book says: "Another common task entails specifying where a certain version of an = assembly is located. You can do this using .NET framework 2.0 Configuration tool or my manually editing the = machine config...

Help requested to construct this workflow rule...
We have a custom field on Account Detail screen where "Contract Expiry Date" is captured. We would like to create a work flow rule which will send an alert email to the Account Owner six months before the "Contract Expiry Date". We are putting our heads around on how to create this rule but could not achieve a result. Can someone guide us to the right direction? We will appreciate your help. I'm not sure if this works on custom attributes, haven't tested that. But, if it does then you could do this using a "Wait for Timer" condition. You set the time...

Importing text files
I am trying to import a text file into excel. The text file has a space where there should be a new line. Is there a way to make excel start a new line (row) with every space in the text file? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Project Accounting vs Analytical Accounting
Has anyone demo'd Project Accounting vs Analytical Accounting and which one did you chose and why? Thanks The two products serve different purposes. 1. Do you want to track items in a subledger? 2. Do you want to track items by different types of cost codes? 3. Do you need time and expense entry? 4. Do you need payroll integration (not available in AA)? What are you trying to do? "Sandy" wrote: > Has anyone demo'd Project Accounting vs Analytical Accounting and which one > did you chose and why? > > Thanks > > > Sandy- I would not r...

Importing categories
Hi all, Well, I've been simplistic in my usage of M2K. I want to start using the paycheck feature to break out the details of my paycheck. Yes, yes. I should've done that from the get-go rather than putting in my net. The same goes to my 401K when I used to contribute (future questions on that). I've noticed that when I started a new file to see the default categories, they're different from my own .mny file where I created additional categories and sub-categories, plus I deleted the default ones that I didn't think were useful (bad me). Is there an easy way to get the o...

importing pst files #3
I've had to reload Office 2000. I am now trying to import the Outlook backup I made, which is a .pst file. I'm following the import directions, Outlook is performing the task, but nothing is showing up - I am unable to see any of my contacts, emails, or folders I created. HELP! I'm desperate! Why are you trying to import? Why not just use the old .pst file as your main Outlook data file? If you need help in doing this, go to Help | About Microsoft Outlook and tell us whether Outlook is configured in Internet Mail Only or Corporate/Workgroup mode. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook M...

MS CRM vs other products (Act, Goldmine, Siebel)
Hi, Does anyone having more information about the major different between MS CRM and other products ? Thanks for all the information Hi, I made a migration (for my customer) from ACT! to MsCRM. I did'nt use Act! very much but I can told you is not to bad but really incompleted. MS CRM is very integrated and very easy to custom and maintain. Good luck with your choice. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Does anyone having more information about the major different between MS CRM >and other products ? >Thanks for all the information > > > >. &g...

.PSD file import?
Does anyone know if there is a way to import Adobe PhotoShop files into publisher? Thx, Jose I've always had to reopen in Photoshop and save as a TIFF file. On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:35:02 -0700, "Joe" <jrlopezp@yahoo.com> wrote: >Does anyone know if there is a way to import Adobe >PhotoShop files into publisher? > >Thx, > >Jose Whilst in Photoshop save your .psd as a .tiff for standard pictures or .eps (DCS2.0 format) is you are doing color separations for an imagesetter. -- "Joe" <jrlopezp@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:00fc01c3...

Can't import OLE object into Access without getting an error mess
The operation on the OLE object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it. am copying in stuff I saved when I ran across this problem....there is a page on this at the microsoft support area but I can't find the url: -- NTC OLE Embedding uses the registered OLE Server application for the particular file-type to store the object when you insert it. If you have different registered OLE servers on the different machines you will get different behaviour. This is one of the drawbacks of OLE Embedding (but by no means the most serious). O...

workflow assembly vs. workflow bulk import
hi, i have a question concerning the account the workflow service is supposed to run at. I developed a Workflow Assembly which creates an Activity in CRM. I realized - maybe because of bad configuration - that the workflow service has to be run at a crm user account to work. Is this true or is local system also possible? Because now we realized that Bulk import only works when the Local System account is used for Workflow Service. Big Problem. Anybody with a similar problem and a resolution? martin ...

Imports
I cannot find any documentation on what the "Field Data Delimeter" does in the CRM online help, or the various newsgroups. Does anyone know? It seems obvious enough that if I'm importing a CSV, the field delimeter is the comma (as in Comma Seperated Values), but CRM calls this a "field seperator" and has a different "delimeter". I did some tests and it appears that if you have a blank cell, if you enter the delimeter (ie: "), that takes the place of a null cell value. I just wanted to confirm though and see if anyone could clarify this. Thank yo...

Is there a 'RecordChanged' event in workflow manager?
I'm not finding it if there is. I need to have CRM send Account and Incident info to BizTalk whenever the record changes, and someone suggested I write a workflow rule that posts account info to a URL to accomplish this. However, all I can find is a Status Change event that is not very useful for this. If anyone has a better idea, please don't be shy and let me know :) Also, after I save and activate the rule, it doesn't show up in the workflow monitor. thanks, Daniel. You can create a post callout for post-update. BK "Daniel Rimmelzwaan" <rimmelzwaan@xhotmail.c...

Bulk Sharing
Does anyone have an easy way to share 65,000 employers with a team of users? Have you checked to make sure sharing is the right approach instead of using the CRM security functionality to give those users the right level of access to the records? ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP Web - http://www.crowecrm.com Blog - http://www.crowecrm.com/crowe/microsoft/crmblog.cfm "Anne_M" <AnneM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCF309C4-4E7A-4A30-BC28-A5232559AFEF@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have an easy way to share 65,000 emp...

Import Text Data Then Chart Results?
I'm trying to get the data from the following website (Fed Bank of St. Loiuise) to my spread sheet then graph the results. I don't know how to convert the quiry results to numbers I can work with. Would appreciate some advice please. Here's the site: http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h10/Summary/indexnc_m.txt You can use Data->Text to columns to split this data into columns whic can be plotted. Make sure you choose the "Text" format for importing the date column else Excel can ruin date formats. - Leni -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi J...

Automator Workflows
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've found out that Automator workflows are not included with the Home &amp; Student edition for some reason. Is there any way of downloading these or making workflows myself that can be used in Office? <br> Thanks. ...

Workflow query
I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status event). Any ideas? PS: Merry Christmas everybody! You won't be able to this by workflows. You'll need to write custom code to trap the Update event. "Datapac" wrote: > I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a > Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status > event). > > Any ideas? > > PS: Merry Christmas everybody! MS has just ...

Error opening Workflow Manager and Monitor
When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the following message: "An error occured while loading the organization's date, time, and number format settings. Those settings are incompatible with the format alredy used in Workflow Monitor. To sync them, you can make changes in the System Customization area of Microsoft CRM Server." Which formats are valid? Regards Thomas Did you find a solution to this ? I have the same problem. Anne Busby thomas svensson wrote: > When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the > following message: > > &qu...

Custom Assembly error in SSRS 2008 Options
Hi Experts, I am facing an issue with SSRS 2008. Currently I am modifying a SSRS report which will take parameters from an XML datasource. I am using sub reports on my main report and passing parameter values to sub reports from main report. Sub reports working good without any issue individually but when I am running them from the main report I am getting error "An eror occured during local report processing Hidden expression for tablix (Sub report tablix) contains an error. Object reference not set to an instance of an object". I am using custom assembly to...

importing statements
I'm getting an error when trying to import my bank statement. It reads "A transaction in the QIF file has a date that could not be resolved and therefore was not recorded into your Money file. Check your Regional Settings in the Windows Control Panel to make sure they match the date format of the QIF file, and then try importing the file again." Please help! Thanks In microsoft.public.money, teresa wrote: >I'm getting an error when trying to import my bank >statement. It reads "A transaction in the QIF file has a >date that could not be resolved a...

Include activities created by the workflow
Can you explain me the difference between checking the Include activities created by the workflow option and not checking it .. Can you tell me if this option really works ? I hope you can help me this is mi scenario 1.- I need to send and email automatically when a case is created (I already do this with a workflow rule) .. 2.- Wait 8 hours (I already know how to do this) 3.- Then Check if any other activity has been created besides the email send in number 1 4.- If no activity has been created then I send an email I thougth that if the Include activities generated by workflow is NOT ch...

Workflow email off of custom entity
I am trying to create a workflow that sends email to a lead on the creation of an attached, custom entity. My specific case is: internet user requests information from the website. They sign up to receive the information, and what they enter on the sign-up gets put into a lead. They then request a specific item, and this gets placed into a custom entity in CRM. Now, when the custom entity is created, I want to trigger an email to be sent to the person that just requested it, which is stored on the lead. This would work if I could call a manual workflow as a subprocess from a different ent...

No Labels for Assembly Items = Completely Unacceptable
The longer I use RMS, the more this bothers me. The Label Wizard even offers an Item Selection criteria option for Assembly Items. The trouble is that it doesn't work! It's apparent that design intent did exist for printing labels for assembly items. Riddle me this, Microsoft: how long will I wait before I get the functionality you so obviously intended? What is the point of even having an assembly item if I can't print a label for it? I beg you. Please. Pretty please with sugar on top. Give me labels for assembly items!!! My frustration runneth over, Tom -- The wor...

Portal Workflow
I have an intermittant problem showing up in Workflows (BP2.7 GP8 sp4a). Most times HR or Payroll dept changes go through fine, but sometimes one gets stuck. Go to ->Site Settings>Application Settings>Workflow>Process Log. When this happens "End" and resubmit fixes it. Once, I had Microsoft helped me clear the tables when "End" did not work". What might be causing this? Comments Tab ********************************************************* Network The system encountered the following error while processing your Service request: Act...

Importing Excel spreadsheets
How can I import an Excel spreadsheet from the web into a current worksheet? We have a company intranet with a link to an Excel spreadsheet that is updated often. I would like to create a macro to go out to the site and pull the spreadsheet into one of my spreasheets. Any help would be great. Thanks Mike ...