Workflow -Assembly Call

How does add subtract in the Workflow>> assembly call works.
I do understand that ypu can write your own custom workflows, register it
and then call them from here, but I am pretty confused with the existing
functionality.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

workflows can call other workflows
workflows can also call a method in a .net assembly. ie you could write a
piece of code in c# or vb.net and then have the workflow call your code.

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm

"SAM" <SAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How does add subtract in the Workflow>> assembly call works.
> I do understand that ypu can write your own custom workflows, register it
> and then call them from here, but I am pretty confused with the existing
> functionality.

0
John
2/16/2006 6:33:18 AM
I think SAM means, how do you use the 2 assemblies supplied in the workflow
manager called 'Add Date and Time' and 'Subtract Date and Time'.  I have had
a go and can't see what you can do with them.

You select the assembly, tell it the date time field you want then the
offset in say years. But where do you tell it where you want the result put?
I think I have the wrong end of the stick.

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> workflows can call other workflows
> workflows can also call a method in a .net assembly. ie you could write a
> piece of code in c# or vb.net and then have the workflow call your code.
>

> =======================
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm
>

> "SAM" <SAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How does add subtract in the Workflow>> assembly call works.
> > I do understand that ypu can write your own custom workflows, register it
> > and then call them from here, but I am pretty confused with the existing
> > functionality.

Anyone sort this out yet?  I'd like to know how to use this to add some time
to the estimated close date of an opportunity on creation...

Thanks
Jon

"Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I think SAM means, how do you use the 2 assemblies supplied in the workflow
> manager called 'Add Date and Time' and 'Subtract Date and Time'.  I have
> had
> a go and can't see what you can do with them.
>
> You select the assembly, tell it the date time field you want then the
> offset in say years. But where do you tell it where you want the result
> put?
> I think I have the wrong end of the stick.
>
> "John O'Donnell" wrote:
>
>> workflows can call other workflows
>> workflows can also call a method in a .net assembly. ie you could write a
>> piece of code in c# or vb.net and then have the workflow call your code.
>>

>> =======================
>> John O'Donnell
>> Microsoft CRM MVP
>> http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm
>>

>> "SAM" <SAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How does add subtract in the Workflow>> assembly call works.
>> > I do understand that ypu can write your own custom workflows, register
>> > it
>> > and then call them from here, but I am pretty confused with the
>> > existing
>> > functionality.

0
Jon
2/21/2006 2:40:45 PM
For anyone interested in this, I figured it out using this article as a
basis:
http://www.mscrmguy.com/hols/assembly/

Hope that helps
Jon

"Jon Poploskie" <jpoploskie@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> Anyone sort this out yet?  I'd like to know how to use this to add some
> time to the estimated close date of an opportunity on creation...
>
> Thanks
> Jon
>
> "Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I think SAM means, how do you use the 2 assemblies supplied in the
>>workflow
>> manager called 'Add Date and Time' and 'Subtract Date and Time'.  I have
>> had
>> a go and can't see what you can do with them.
>>
>> You select the assembly, tell it the date time field you want then the
>> offset in say years. But where do you tell it where you want the result
>> put?
>> I think I have the wrong end of the stick.
>>
>> "John O'Donnell" wrote:
>>
>>> workflows can call other workflows
>>> workflows can also call a method in a .net assembly. ie you could write
>>> piece of code in c# or vb.net and then have the workflow call your code.
>>>

>>> =======================
>>> John O'Donnell
>>> Microsoft CRM MVP
>>> http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm
>>>

>>> "SAM" <SAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Jon
2/21/2006 3:26:06 PM
To put the result of the standard assembly calls into an attribute it takes
two steps:

1. Run the "Add date and time" assembly call, give it a name, and choose
your parameters.
2. Choose Insert Action | Update Entity | Choose the entity | Choose the
field | choose "=" | select the lookup icon | choose "Dynamic Value" | In the
"Entity" drop down you will find the name of the assembly that you created in
step 1. Choose it. |

Choose "OK" and "OK" and you are done!

Hope this helps

--
Bullitt Fitzhugh
Integrated Business Systems

"SAM" wrote:

> How does add subtract in the Workflow>> assembly call works.
> I do understand that ypu can write your own custom workflows, register it
> and then call them from here, but I am pretty confused with the existing
> functionality.

To put the result of the standard assembly calls into an attribute it takes
two steps:

1. Run the "Add date and time" assembly call, give it a name, and choose
your parameters.
2. Choose Insert Action | Update Entity | Choose the entity | Choose the
field | choose "=" | select the lookup icon | choose "Dynamic Value" | In the
"Entity" drop down you will find the name of the assembly that you created in
step 1. Choose it. |

Choose "OK" and "OK" and you are done!

Hope this helps

--
Bullitt Fitzhugh

--
Bullitt Fitzhugh
Statera
www.statera.com

"Bullitt Fitzhugh" wrote:

> To put the result of the standard assembly calls into an attribute it takes
> two steps:
>
> 1. Run the "Add date and time" assembly call, give it a name, and choose
> your parameters.
> 2. Choose Insert Action | Update Entity | Choose the entity | Choose the
> field | choose "=" | select the lookup icon | choose "Dynamic Value" | In the
> "Entity" drop down you will find the name of the assembly that you created in
> step 1. Choose it. |
>
> Choose "OK" and "OK" and you are done!
>
> Hope this helps
>
> --
> Bullitt Fitzhugh
> Integrated Business Systems
> www.ib-systems.com
>

> "SAM" wrote:
>
> > How does add subtract in the Workflow>> assembly call works.
> > I do understand that ypu can write your own custom workflows, register it
> > and then call them from here, but I am pretty confused with the existing
> > functionality.

Unable to call webservice using HTTP GET...

Help requested to construct this workflow rule...
We have a custom field on Account Detail screen where "Contract Expiry Date" is captured. We would like to create a work flow rule which will send an alert email to the Account Owner six months before the "Contract Expiry Date". We are putting our heads around on how to create this rule but could not achieve a result. Can someone guide us to the right direction? We will appreciate your help. I'm not sure if this works on custom attributes, haven't tested that. But, if it does then you could do this using a "Wait for Timer" condition. You set the time...

Automator Workflows
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've found out that Automator workflows are not included with the Home &amp; Student edition for some reason. Is there any way of downloading these or making workflows myself that can be used in Office? <br> Thanks. ...

Is there a 'RecordChanged' event in workflow manager?
I'm not finding it if there is. I need to have CRM send Account and Incident info to BizTalk whenever the record changes, and someone suggested I write a workflow rule that posts account info to a URL to accomplish this. However, all I can find is a Status Change event that is not very useful for this. If anyone has a better idea, please don't be shy and let me know :) Also, after I save and activate the rule, it doesn't show up in the workflow monitor. thanks, Daniel. You can create a post callout for post-update. BK "Daniel Rimmelzwaan" <rimmelzwaan@xhotmail.c...

Workflow query
I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status event). Any ideas? PS: Merry Christmas everybody! You won't be able to this by workflows. You'll need to write custom code to trap the Update event. "Datapac" wrote: > I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a > Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status > event). > > Any ideas? > > PS: Merry Christmas everybody! MS has just ...

Error opening Workflow Manager and Monitor
When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the following message: "An error occured while loading the organization's date, time, and number format settings. Those settings are incompatible with the format alredy used in Workflow Monitor. To sync them, you can make changes in the System Customization area of Microsoft CRM Server." Which formats are valid? Regards Thomas Did you find a solution to this ? I have the same problem. Anne Busby thomas svensson wrote: > When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the > following message: > > &qu...

Include activities created by the workflow
Can you explain me the difference between checking the Include activities created by the workflow option and not checking it .. Can you tell me if this option really works ? I hope you can help me this is mi scenario 1.- I need to send and email automatically when a case is created (I already do this with a workflow rule) .. 2.- Wait 8 hours (I already know how to do this) 3.- Then Check if any other activity has been created besides the email send in number 1 4.- If no activity has been created then I send an email I thougth that if the Include activities generated by workflow is NOT ch...

Workflow email off of custom entity
I am trying to create a workflow that sends email to a lead on the creation of an attached, custom entity. My specific case is: internet user requests information from the website. They sign up to receive the information, and what they enter on the sign-up gets put into a lead. They then request a specific item, and this gets placed into a custom entity in CRM. Now, when the custom entity is created, I want to trigger an email to be sent to the person that just requested it, which is stored on the lead. This would work if I could call a manual workflow as a subprocess from a different ent...

Portal Workflow
I have an intermittant problem showing up in Workflows (BP2.7 GP8 sp4a). Most times HR or Payroll dept changes go through fine, but sometimes one gets stuck. Go to ->Site Settings>Application Settings>Workflow>Process Log. When this happens "End" and resubmit fixes it. Once, I had Microsoft helped me clear the tables when "End" did not work". What might be causing this? Comments Tab ********************************************************* Network The system encountered the following error while processing your Service request: Act...

system calls
Is it possible to make system calls without a DOS box/command windows popping up? I'm making calls with the system function which always seems to cause this. I'm using various console applications. Anyway to avoid the windows popping up? Or at least have them behind the main window? Or even just in one place so the don't dance all over the screen? Cheers, K You can use CreateProcess and redirect the outputs. ex: you can create a cmd file, and put your command(s) into and then start all the stuff and get the output. sample source code: BOOL CmdRun(LPSTR lpszCmd, LPSTR *...

Calling Derived class OnInitDIalog
My class is derived from CPrintDialog and I am passing hDlg handle to hook function.... something like INT CALLBACK PrintHookProc(HWND hDlg, UINT nMsg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) { //hDlg = HWND window handle of CMyPrintDialog which is CPrintDialog Derived class switch (nMsg) { case WM_INITDIALOG: { Now suppose here I want to call 'InitDialog of my DERIVED CMyPrintDialog'.. How do I do that ??? THanks in advance -Akshay akshay4friend@yahoo.com wrote: > My class is derived from CPrintDialog and I am passing hDlg handle to > hook function.... > > s...

Workflow
Hi, We are using Great Plains 8 and soon might be upgrading to 9.0. We are considering to implement a Workflow and Document Management system and will very soon start reviewing the products. Two workflow systems that we will be looking into are Teamplate from Captaris and Documentum. We would like to know which workflow system has a better integration with Great Plains? Any other workflow system that we should consider? Thanks, ...

CRM will not Sync Phone Calls
We just started using CRM 4.0 and trying to Sync on 1 computer (all others work fine) this once computer keeps trying to Sync 45,000 phone calls. We had it down to 10,000 calls but once it restarted it went back to 45,000. Any suggestions as to why these phone calls wont sync? Check your local data and ensure you are filtering the way you want. You can check local data querys under the CRM menu "Modify Local Data Groups" "Briand" wrote: > We just started using CRM 4.0 and trying to Sync on 1 computer (all others > work fine) this once computer keeps tryi...

workflow #4
Hi I have installed Override Sales credit limit workflow. The work flow works for a bit and then falls over. The user will submit for approval and when she goes back into the order ,the status is still waiting to be submited. Sometimes when we run reconcile it resolves the problem. and there again it does not and the order cannot be approved. Has anybody had this issue and if so How did you resolve it Please help ------=_NextPart_0001_193EBBD6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. In some cases where Workflow may function for ...

triggering a workflow activity when another workflow is finished
I have a workflow in CRM 4.0 that has 2 steps - the first step runs a child workflow and the second step sends out an email dependent on the first step's results. Unfortunately, the second step starts before the child workflow in the first step is completed - not what I want to do. How do I make the second step wait for the child workflow to finish? On Jan 24, 5:34=A0pm, Laura Bennett <l...@embracepetinsurance.com> wrote: > I have a workflow in CRM 4.0 that has 2 steps - the first step runs a > child workflow and the second step sends out an email dependent on the > first...

Upgrading unbuffered stream calls from <fstream.h> to <fstream>
Hi I am trying to maintain some old code written for VC6.0 using the <fstream.h> header and library, to be compatible with <fstream> as used in VS2003/2005, etc. The original project used a stream for "logging" - recording messages during operation for debugging, monitoring, etc. In order to have the messages immediately available in a file, the original code set the stream to be "unbuffered". Thus, every character (or string) sent to the stream was almost immediately available for inspection in the output file. The original project used the following...

interesting question about workflow
Hey guys , Is it possible to get all open activities by single e-mail at 8.30 in the every morning with the help of workflow manager? If no then any alternative solution? regards Aami ...

What's this web page feature called?
On the yahoo home page, if the mouse pointer hovers over items in the "My Favorites" list, a floating window opens up. http://m.www.yahoo.com/?r0=1258393277 Or www.yahoo.com which takes you to the first link. What's that feature called? I'm trying to find a way to disable it in IE 8. No clear responses since yesterday. I'm hoping maybe someone here has enough page design knowledge to just provide a bit of vocabulary. This group deals with Windows XP issues, the internetexplorer.general group would be a better place to ask. -- -- &qu...

workflow email 10-03-06
Hi, Has anyone run into a problem where the email generated from workflow are not CRM emails but regular outlook emails? Please let me know if there is any work around it or if i am missing something basic. Thanks, ...

Service Call
We frequently have the need to move an item which is on a Service Call to a different ticket. Most of the time, these were put on a PO. Current functionality does not allow the part to be moved to a different Call without cancelling the PO and then re-creating it - not a good/reasonable solution. At a minimum, there should be a utility/button to remove the PO reference from the parts line thereby allowing the part to be deleted/moved. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, cl...

How to publish workflow and see published workflow
Hi All , How to publish workflow and see published workflow. I just want to confirm my self that my workflow is published. I am new to in this CRM 4.0 .Please help me ASAP -- With Regard Dhiraj Go to Settings > Workflows. This will list all of your workflows by default, and should show a column for "status" (draft or published). You can change the view to show all workflows, or all published workflows from the top right drop0down as with all views. Note that you can't edit a published workflow without first unpublishing it, for additional confirmation that it is in f...

Sending Closed Case Emails using workflow rule
For some reason when I create a workflow rule for manually sending an email when a case has been resolved, it does not send an email. I'm not quite sure what else needs to be done. I added a condition while creating the rule, which basically says when case status = "resolved", send email using template "closed case acknowledgment". However, when I go in to test it and apply the rule that I created and resolve the case, it does not send an email. Is there something I'm doing wrong here? Thanks for the help. When you apply a manual rule it checks for the c...

Workflow
The Oppty onSave event has some moderate javascript to calcuate number of days between two dates. I noticed an error in this calculation have have corrected it. Now, I need to update all the existing records. Is there a way to run a workflow to fire off the onSave event of the Oppty? The easiest way I can think of is updating the value directly in back-end. Workflow cannot be called form OnSave untill and unless it's been deployed as dll and calling from code(bit complicated). You can think about a temporary workflow with your new logic to update the field and make this workflow ...

Exception in CreateDialogIndirect when call DoModal in debug
I have a project dialog based. This dialog has several button, one of this call another dialod with DoModal (i call it MeterDlg). This is working perfect. >From the main Dlg i also have some other button and one of that call another dialog (DiagDlg). This works also OK. The problem is when i call the MeterDlg from DiagDlg. In DEBUG and ONLY in debug i have an exception when calling DoModal in CreateDialogIndirect. It seems that all the parameter are ok. The strange thing is that in release it works ok. I use EVC 4. Can someone explain it? What kind of exception? What is the manifestat...

Logical AND in conditions for workflow rule
Hi, I have Microsoft CRM 3.0 and Workflow Manager. I created a workflow rule for Case enity and Change Status Event. Anyway, I have If { condition1 condition2 } then { Send e-mail template } In the If condition I have two conditions which I want checked. When I activate this rule, I notice that an e-mail is sent no matter which condition is true. In other words, the two conditions are Logical OR. I don't want this. I need for both Conditions to be true, In other words, I want Logical AND. How do I do this? Nest another If/Then statement after the first condition (c...