Work Flow - how to prepare E-mail

Haloo

Is it possible to prepare E-mail for the customer by using work flow?
I don't want to sent e-mail just prepere it.

Regards Mark P.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Funnily enough....you can create a marketing campaign in crm 3.0 and add a
email activity. When you deploy the emails to your contact list they will
not be sent out. In your words they have been prepared for the customer.

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm

"Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Haloo
>
> Is it possible to prepare E-mail for the customer by using work flow?
> I don't want to sent e-mail just prepere it.
>
> Regards Mark P.

0
John
1/31/2006 5:28:49 AM
Is it possisible to do it from Order ?

I want to prepare an e-mail to customer form order but there is no
opportunity to create action "create activity" type “e-mail”  in CRM 3.0
workflow manager.
I can only create action "sent e-mail".

Regards Mark Popkowicz

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> Funnily enough....you can create a marketing campaign in crm 3.0 and add a
> email activity. When you deploy the emails to your contact list they will
> not be sent out. In your words they have been prepared for the customer.
>

> =======================
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm
>

> "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Haloo
> >
> > Is it possible to prepare E-mail for the customer by using work flow?
> > I don't want to sent e-mail just prepere it.
> >
> > Regards Mark P.

You would have to create a custom Workflow assembly for this, or get it from
someone else.

"Mark" wrote:

> Haloo
>
> Is it possible to prepare E-mail for the customer by using work flow?
> I don't want to sent e-mail just prepere it.
>
> Regards Mark P.

Hyperlinks to DB dont work now that DB is converted
We have converted all our Access 97 databases to Access 2000- not without a lot of issues. Most of them have now been researched and resolved, some re-coded, etc. We have one issue that we cannot resolve. We used to have hyperlinks on our Intra-net to several Access Databases. These were essentially "shortcuts" to the databases so that the general population could have easy access. Now that we did our Access conversion, the hyperlinks on our intranet do not work. Clicking on the link gives an option to open the file from its current location or download it to a local loc...

Send to Onenote on Windows 7, driver won't work?
I downloaded the driver from David Rasmussen, but every time I open OneNote after printing to XPS I get the message "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." If I click continue it still doesn't work. This was one of my favorite features - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find me a way to use OneNote! I lived off of it last year. Rilli wrote: > I downloaded the d...

Exchange and other mail server
Hi all, Since MS offers this license model for hosters, it is possible to offer customers an exchange mailbox without buying an exchange server. Is it possible to offer a customer one exchange mailbox for a certain mail address and on another mail server the other mail addresses of his domain? This makes sense, since he pays money for every exchange mailbox and he might not need every mail address in an exchange mailbox. Additionally the two mail servers should be installed on the same machine (maybe with 2 different IP addresses). I guess one mailserver would be the master that receiv...

auto caps don't work
in outlookk 2003, even tho i have set tools, options, spelling to autocorrect the first word of a sentence. it doesn't do it. i have never had this problem before, but now i have a new laptop and can't get this feature to work. -- tom martin Are you using Word as your editor? If so, your settings are there. Otherwise, learn to type. http://www.broderbund.com/jump.jsp?itemID=4713&itemType=CATEGORY&path=1%2C2%2C4713&ysmchn=GGL&ysmcpn=Typing&ysmcrn=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50&ysmtrm=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50+mavis+beacon&ysmtac=PPC&ovtac=PPC&SR=s...

Search does not work for one workbook
I have workbook, but search (spotlight) often does not work for it. Drives me crazy. What can this be. I see peoples names in there. Kevs OS 10.6.2 INTEL imac Office 2004 Hi Kevs: It could be the file format the workbook is saved in. What extension does the file-name have? The extension tells the system what kind of data a file contains, which controls which importer Spotlight uses to read the file: if there is no extension you could get strange results. Cheers On 6/01/10 2:47 AM, in article C7689F21.5718F%forums55@verizon.net, "forums55@verizon.net"...

EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know #12
EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know Hello every body , im be glad to introduce one of the best MLM for every body who wants to explod his/her earning with very simple steps and incredible situation! JUST IMAGINE...... If you achieve only 10% success you will still make $ 143,489.28 If you achieve only 1% success you will still make $ 14,348.928 But If we trust to each other and be serious, reaching to $ 1,434,892.8 is not seem so far,just three or four weeks!! The whole works that you should do : 1) You should open an e-gold account ,th...

How does hibernate work
I have a question on the details of how hibernate works. I know it's saving everything in memory to the hiber file. Since power seems to be truly off at hibernation I assumed the flag to tell the PC to resume from the hiber file rather than normal booting must be either saved on disk or flashed to a bit of bios rom space, or maybe in space maintained by the clock battery. But the cure for a laptop that is stuck in a loop of constantly resuming from hibernating is to unplug it and take the battery out for a while so where actually is the flag to signal the system that it's in hi...

working with temporary working files..
I keep getting the message that I cannot save a temp. working file. This work has been save on a cd and transfered back on to my desk top. Help ...

Non-working work week
Is there any way to make an entire week a non-working work week? As in, a task is going to take 25 days, but the 4th of July occurs in the middle and you want to show that during that week (or 2), no work will occur. Besides creating a new task or extending the task during. Thanks in advance! Hi RVE, Open up the calendar, "Tools", 'Change working time..', then simply select the days you want as non working. Make sure that the calendar you change is the Project calendar and is the basis for all other calendars such as individual resource calendars. Hope thi...

MS Outlook automatic mails with attachments
Hey folks, So my company does weekly reporting (or is supposed too) via emailing in an excel spreadsheet. of course, reps tend to forget come friday or saturday night, and we end up calling around monday for reports. is there someway to schedule an email to automatially send AND to attach a file from the local hard drive? Then we only have to worry about them shutting down outlook... I've seen a couple add on programs that will do that, but I figure there must be a way to do it without purchasing one of these programs / installing it on all workstations... Thanks in advance... http...

Graphing work and remaining work over time
I would like to generate a graph showing total actual work and remaining work for a top level task over time (week), This would enable me to show the projected remaining work through the duration of the project as it decreases from N to 0, and show the actual work completed though the duration of the project as it increases from 0 to N. The canned visual reports don't allow me to do this (that I can see anyway). Maybe I'm missing something. I also can't see how to customize a visual report that will do what I want. Using Microsoft Project 2007 (not the Server edit...

GP8 Manufacturing
Hello Everybody. Our Shop works 5 days a week (closed weekends). We have a WC that works 6 days a week (down Sundays only). We have setup both the Shop and WC Calendars to reflect this reality. We would expect that, when scheduling an MO that routes thru this WC, the WC calendar will override the Shop Calendar? However, our tests are not showing this to be true - We use a Backwards Infinite Scheduling Method and it always skips the weekend when calculating the start day of an MO regardless of the WC. Does anyone have any experience working with the WC Calendars? Please share your wis...

Exporting mailing list to MS Word using Mail Merge
I am having trouble using the Mail Merge fuction on MS Word 2003. I cannot import list from saved .xls file in Excell 2003. I have full customer information fileds including name, address, and city/state fields but cannot import these fields to Word to create mailing labels.Need help! Thank You Each entry in the excel file needs to be on one row. Example: A2 = lastname1, B2 = firstname1, C2 = Address1, D2 = state1 ... A3 = lastname 2, B3 = firstname2 etc etc Make sure there is no other information on that sheet (except possibly column headers) Then in Word, using the mail me...

outlook2003 send button does not work
send button does not work i have tryed a new email acc. and reinstalling with no luck. now i am useing express and then export to outlook ...

Drag and Drop does not work
Hi all. This is funny: When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" to "Backup" I get an error message. When I right click and select "move to folder"- it does work. ANY CLUES? TIA Guy Not a single one. No Outlook version = no clues. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Guy Cohen asked: | Hi all. | | This is funny: | When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" ...

2003 Won't receive mail
Outlook 2003 times out receiving mail. This happens only on one machine. The exact same settings on another machine work fine and retrieve the e-mail. Winsock error 10054 from this machine only. All others are fine Repair install, uniinstall Service packs all tried. Thank you. That error usually indicates a problem with the remote server and not with Outlook. I would also tend to suspect any software your ISP has asked you to install to allow you to connect to them, this can cause an issue. Winsock error 10054 means: connection reset by peer. Is the one machine using ActiveSy...

Internet Explorer E-mail links are no longer working in Outlook?
Hi, As soon as I click an e-mail link in Internet Explorer, another Outlook pops up. It used to just open a fresh new e-mail screen with the persons address already in the "TO:" line ? I can't figure out what I did wrong. Thanks, Rich ...

SunTrust Auto-Download Not Working after Banking Upgrade
I have been automatically downloading transactions from SunTrust since I installed MS$ 2007 Deluxe last year. I have done this without having to signup (for a fee of 5.95/month) with SunTrust for MS$ support. AFter the MS Banking Upgrade, I had to re-establish my SunTrust account with MS$. But, now I'm told (by MS$) that I don't have a SunTrust on-line account. Any thoughts? Anyone? I have been having issue as well with Suntrust, even if you get it to work you will find that its basically useless now downloading and duplicating pending transactions repeatedly, this is where I am ...

Spell check not working.

Working with option buttons in Word 2002
So, we are trying to create a form in Word 2002 in which we offer a series of radio or "option" buttons for some of our survey questions. However, we are struggling to make the option buttons work through the "Web Tools" toolbar. We can create the list we want to create, but can't save the file so it can be e-mailed and utilized in the correct capacity. Can someone please walk me through the steps of how to create a form in which there are numerous questions, almost all of which utilize the same clickable "option buttons" to choose either a &q...

receiving double e.mails
In my inbox in Outlook everytime I get an e.mail there is always 2 of the same e.mail coming through-Can anyone help me with this Please? What version of Outlook are you using? Sounds like you may have duplicate accounts pulling e-mail from your mailbox. Or perhaps a misconfigured rule that is duping your received messages? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "Louise" <Louise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82D90374-7B29-4648-96EB-D3F2C288C757@microsoft.com... >...

Wierd E-Mail Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080002040000030202030407 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Greetings All, System Info: OLXP w/ AVG (Free) Antivirus I've been developing a problem receiving e-mail from GMail with OL. Initially, I would not be able to download an e-mail with an attachment > 2MB in size. OL would attempt to download it, but it would not arrive in the Inbox. I would log into GMail, from its homepage, and forward it to another e-mail account. Then OL would download it without any...

Working with WORKS
We have some spreadsheets in WORKS 4.5 fpr Windows 95. But Excel 2000 won't open them. It says that the version is incompatible. How can that be if it is an older version of WORKS? Using Windows XP. -- ____________________ Bill DeShawn Please reply to group only Thank you http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn Generally you would normally open the file in WORKS and then save it down as a file that Excel can read. .xlr is a native Excel format, or .txt, .csv, dbaseIV are all formats it can read. You can also find a converter here if you don't have WORKS. http://www.rl-software.co...

Size of excel work book is not full screen
The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the window either. Maybe the workbook is protected with the windows option checked. Tools|Protection|unprotect workbook (if that option is available) You may need a password. Mike wrote: > > The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking > on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the > window either. -- Dave Peterson ...

Autocalc not working
When I select a group of cells, in most of my excel docs, the sum of those cells is displayed in the bar at the bottom of the sheet. In some docs, it doesn't work. I've right-clicked on the bar and sum is checked, but nothing happens. Is this my fault? Most things are. TIA Steve In those "some" docs, the numbers are probably entered/pasted as Text, rather than numeric values. To convert them, copy a blank cell, select your 'numbers' and choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Add radio buttons. In article <fa2gsk$oit$1@news.datemas.de>, ...