Word mail merge

After printing a document there exists a activity with subject "Word
Mail Merge" to the contact with status completed.
Is there a possibility to change the  subject name or to make a link
to the original Word document?

R,
Joop.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I think that the subjct name is hardcoded.  The issue of only adding this
paltry information to the activity and not showing what document was sent is
a problem many have asked about.

Microsofts workaround to this glaring gap in functionality is to then add a
copy of the word document to the record using notes.  Totally unworkable if
you have just mail merged to 2000 customers!

Regards

Peter

"Joop" <j.hilverink@hfmcv.nl> wrote in message
> After printing a document there exists a activity with subject "Word
> Mail Merge" to the contact with status completed.
> Is there a possibility to change the  subject name or to make a link
> to the original Word document?
>
> R,
> Joop.

0
Peter
2/5/2004 11:46:55 AM
I hoped there was a better solution.

Regards,

Joop.

"Peter Cutts" <peter.cutts@DELETEquixote-uk.com> wrote in message news:<uk1VD396DHA.2432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> I think that the subjct name is hardcoded.  The issue of only adding this
> paltry information to the activity and not showing what document was sent is
> a problem many have asked about.
>
> Microsofts workaround to this glaring gap in functionality is to then add a
> copy of the word document to the record using notes.  Totally unworkable if
> you have just mail merged to 2000 customers!
>
> Regards
>
> Peter
>
> "Joop" <j.hilverink@hfmcv.nl> wrote in message
> > After printing a document there exists a activity with subject "Word
> > Mail Merge" to the contact with status completed.
> > Is there a possibility to change the  subject name or to make a link
> > to the original Word document?
> >
> > R,
> > Joop.
When you say Word Mail Merge are you merging data from
CRM to Word.  Can I mail merge reports, and contract,
etc? Please let me know how?

Thank you.

0
thomasa01

Printing WORD docs from a form

E-mails; First letter of each line is Capitalized
Seems as if every first word on everyline automatically becomes upper case? How do we shut this off/ thanks-JP Sigh... what version of Outlook are you using and do you have Word being used as the editor? Have you looked at the autocorrect options if you are using Word? What troubleshooting have you already tried so we don't repeat things that did not work? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and findi...

Using Outlook for AOL e-mail #2
I have set up my Outlook to handle my AOL e-mail as per the instructions on the Microsoft web page: http://office.microsoft.com/en- us/assistance/HA010936921033.aspx I see my inbox. The problem is when I try to send an e- mail, I get: Task 'AOL E-Mail - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC7D): "Your outgoing (SMTP) server does not support SSL - secured connections. If SSL - secured connections have worked in the past, contact your server administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP). I talked to 3 different support people at AOL, and they have no idea. Any ideas? I...

Exchange Only mail not going.
Server = 2003 Std Exchange = 2003 Std Clients using SMTP & POP to/from various ISP's, Exchange is the central archive for company. But will eventually be ONLY email. Email addressed via Exchange goes nowhere. Some sit in X400 queue, others just vanish. Email from Administrator account. (No SMTP to ISP, ONLY an Exchange account) just vanishes. Not on any queue, but Outlook claims it was sent. Email To Administrator From Administrator using X400 address vanishes Email To Administrator From Administrator using SMTP address vanishes. Email To working client From Administrator using X400 o...

Work Flow
Haloo Is it possible to prepare E-mail for the customer by using work flow? I don't want to sent e-mail just prepere it. Regards Mark P. Funnily enough....you can create a marketing campaign in crm 3.0 and add a email activity. When you deploy the emails to your contact list they will not be sent out. In your words they have been prepared for the customer. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3C15E5C-E60A-4764-BF39-1B1B649EC60C@microsoft.c...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Mail send to the wrong receiver
Dear Mdm/Sir, I've send to mail to my friends, the Email address is correct; because I created it at my personal address book. But after I send out the mail, this mail was receive by one of my colleague. May I know what's wrong with my Outlook 2000 and how to solve it ? Thank You ! Regards, William I doubt it is an Outlook problem. Either you entered the address into your address book incorrectly or you were given the wrong address to begin with. Outlook sends to whatever server responds to the address's domain. From there, it's out of Outlook's hands. "...

Why does Outlook mark RSS feeds as junk mail?
I can't tell if this is a double post as IE closed the tab automatically. After corruption on my mail profile or OST, which ScanPST and SanOST did not fix, re-importing email from Exchange into Outlook 2007 leaves me with several problems: -custom categories lost -message flags lost -duplicate folders, the default being empty, the secondary with my Outlook items in -all my RSS feeds being marked as junk mail (junk mail filter set on Low) help? When RSS is stored in the mailbox, this is normal behavior. It's usually better to turn off filtering until the ost is recreated. Did you...

Mails sending but not being received
Sending emails from Windows Mail with a POP3 account to external accounts but they are not being received. No rejection messages, they send as usual. Also receiving emails from these external accounts without any problem. Have tested 2 alternative Hotmail and Gmail accounts I have, same results. Have contacted the POP3 service provider, they have tested the account and sent mails from my email address to my alternative accounts successfully. Am working on Vista, never had this problem for last 14 months until 2 days ago. Anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? Th...

Importing OE6 mail rules to Outlook 2000
I recently migrated from Ooutlook Express 6 to Outlook 2000. I used the import facilities to import all my mail, accounts, etc.. But the massive mail rules I had on OE6 (screening SPAM) only came across with the first excluded word! The rules are of the form ' if 'xxx' or 'yyy' or ...., then delete it' What I get in Outlook 2000 is only 'if 'xxx' then delete it. All the other SPAM trigger words did not import. Any advice? Saint Steve ...

Encoded Word Documents

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Where are my saved word?

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Mail Folders
I really need to copy my mail folders onto my hard drive or a disk. How can I do this? If it's in a PST file you can just shutdown Outlook and copy the files with copy or xcopy. We do this all the time to make simple backups of the file or to move from one machine to another. -- Herb Martin "Mary Ann" <MaryAnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AB20749-929A-42AE-912A-A04FA21F4853@microsoft.com... > I really need to copy my mail folders onto my hard drive or a disk. How can I > do this? ...

Mailing Labels
Good afternoon. Please keep in mind I am not a programmer. Is there an easy way to take names and addresses from a work sheet and make them available as mailing labels? Thank you in advance John Use Word for the labels and Excel as data source, ample descriptions here http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/index.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "RoadKing" <jddonadio@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:rAsTi.5195$c9.4627@bignews8.bellsouth.net... > Good afternoon. > > Please keep in mind I am not a programmer. Is there an easy way to take > names a...

I D like to recover my old e mail addresses from net zero
How can i recover my e mail addresses from netzero Ibelieve It has to do with the upgrade from outlool express to Windows Mail Hi, Nestor. What does NetZero support say when you ask them? This has NOTHING to do with the upgrade from OE to WM. RC -- R. C. White, CPA San Marcos, TX rc@grandecom.net Microsoft Windows MVP Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810)) in Win7 Ultimate x64 "Nestor Lozada" wrote in message news:eMD6rSCULHA.784@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... How can i recover my e mail addresses from netzero Ibelieve It has to do with the u...

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

my e-mail dose not work in office 2007
i am trying to e-mail from office 2007 i have to icon but when i click on it nothing happens do i have to activate it "glo" <glo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D3ED581-F3ED-4C6A-9048-893EC1F57761@microsoft.com... >i am trying to e-mail from office 2007 i have to icon but when i click on >it > nothing happens do i have to activate it And your email client is? -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) See if your mail p...

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...