Word Auto Number Question

I'm making tickets using a perforated business card sheet,
and am wondering if there is a way to automatically number
the individual tickets, i.e., not pages.

Thanks!

Kathryn Douglas
0
Kathryn
10/21/2003 3:06:08 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There's a newsgroup called microsoft.public.word.numbering that you should
check out for this. Also try microsoft.public.word.newusers.

"Kathryn Douglas" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm making tickets using a perforated business card sheet,
> and am wondering if there is a way to automatically number
> the individual tickets, i.e., not pages.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kathryn Douglas

0
Daniel

Printing WORD docs from a form

SUMing small numbers
For simplicty say I have two cells with values 0.0000004499190595611849428288 and 0.0000004499190595611849428288. If I have a formula that adds the two cells (=A1 + A2) the value seems to be accurate. But if I use the 'SUM' function (=SUM(A1:A2)) I get a result of zero, exactly. I have tried formatting the result of the SUM with scientific notation just to see if the value is just too small but it is really zero. I should see the sum to be something like .0000009... but it is zero. This came up when I tried to SUM about 31,000 data values (all small like this) and the result cam...

Storage Limit question
Using Exchange 2003/sp1 sometimes when a user goes over their mailbox limit and we increase their limit it takes ours for their mailbox to "unlock" and allow them to send. This doesn't happen all the time only occasionally but when it does happen nothing will seem to unlock it. Restarting the clients outlook or rebooting has no affect. It still sees them as over them limit even if remove limits all together. Then sometime hours later it will catch up. Doesn't matter if local user or user in remote office with steady WAN connection. Tried Outlook and OWA client bo...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Encoded Word Documents

"Magnify" on-screen phone number?
I'm using OL 2003, I look up a phone number from a contact, then turn to the phone, which is on the desk behind me, and halfway thru dialing I inevitably have to turn back to the computer to see the rest of the phone number. Is there some 3rd party app that will magnify the phone number (or any portion of the screen) so it's easier to read from a few feet away? Never mind, I found it. 3rd party, hell, it's part of XP. "T. Wise" <terwise@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23X3Eh%23MmGHA.1912@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I'm using OL 2003, I look up a ...

how to summarize total number of appearance in a column?
Can you tell me how to summarize total number of appearance in a column? For example, I have a column with three names appear at different rows another column with value to the names: John 45 Mary 15 John 33 Rick 10 Rick 11 Mary 31 Mary 22 John 0 How can I summarize: Number of times John appears (3 times), and the total number in John's row (45+33+0=78). Thank you. =COUNTIF(A1:A10,"John") =SUMIF(A1:A10,"John",B1:B10) if you replace "John" with a cell like C1 you ca...

Page Numbers #15
Publisher 2007 Is there a field for the number of pages? eg Page x of y, where y is the total number of pages. I have found the current page number field (#), but not the total. Go to the Master Page, manually type of x pages after the #. Publisher doesn't count, it will be up to you to type the number of pages. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ZootRot" <SendMeAsMuchSpamAsPossibleBecauseILoveReceivingSpam@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:e4sBAF2sJHA.4876@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Publisher 2007 > > Is there a field for the number of pages? eg Pag...

Does Office 2003 Pro Excel have auto-save?
I am trying to set up Auto save in Excel 2003 Pro. I found auto recovery but that is not what I am looking for. I think it may be an add-in. Thanks! ehop, From a previous post by Dave Peterson: If you're running xl2k or earlier, install the autosave addin via windows|Start button|settings|control panel|Add or remove programs If you're running xl2002+, then if you can find a copy of the autosave addin from an earlier version, it should work ok. But xl2002+ has something called autorecovery. It's not the same as autosave, but will allow you to recover files if excel/windows c...

Where are my saved word?

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

auto rcvd email retrieval
Hi, 3 mos. new to this world, after a ten-year hiatus, this AM, for, starters, I'm adding a disconnected table to a burgeoning contractor's .mdb. tblMyControlNumbers shall be keyed with a string I can find in the Author property of some .docs and maybe .xls's and it looks like this: "Jim Shores_1040000, Jim Shores_1040001, _1040003, and so forth and so on. Well, yesterday, there was a online order-form field at some mail-order house that called for a .Purchase Order Number'. Which means I have recieved a email with "Jim Shores_1040029" in its body. How ...

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

Decimal Point Auto Entry and Other Options
Have most of the Tools --> Options been removed going from Money 2004 to Money 2005?? I just upgraded from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Premium and am unable to find the "Automatically insert decimal point in amount field" option, and the many other options like it, that are normally under the "Editing" tab in options. I have been a loyal user for 6 years and have loved the product, but to remove these sort of time-saving features seems silly. In microsoft.public.money, gheatly wrote: >Have most of the Tools --> Options been removed going from Money 20...

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...

Default DOCX file to open w/ Word 2007 and DOC to open with Word 2
Hi, I am trying to convert several hundred mail merge documents from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Currently, if I double click a document to open it, it opens in whichever version of Word was run last. What I would like, is for ..DOC files to open in 2003 and .DOCX files to open with 2007. I've tried to change the file types to do this, but can't make it 'stick'. Any suggestions? To prevent the two Word versions from "competing" over the file associations, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_wor...

copying Arabic into Word document on Mac
I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. It always comes out either backwards (left-right) or with the letters not correctly joined up (an Algerian colleague tells me). I have tried making the web page I am copying from into a PDF first, but doesn't help. Any advice greatly appreciated. Michael <huanzuiju@googlemail.com> wrote: > I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a > multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. > It always co...

Hello,a question about handle and windows memory
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005A_01C36CB0.61900C20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1258" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello,I meet a question in the programe, In the programe,I use many loadimage() function,and put the image to some handle, when the image is more,windows give me a error that the memory error,but i have more than 300 M memory left(my machine have 512 M memory),how this happend? and how to do ? ------=_NextPart_000_005A_01C36CB0.61900C20 Content-Type: text/html; charset="windows-1258" Content-Transfer-E...

Toolbar won't auto-hide
Why is it that the auto-hide feature on my toolbar will not stay working (XP, Vista, 7)? I'll set it and it will work for a few times and then stop working. If I take it off and reset it the toolbar will usually auto-hide for a little while and than the whole thing starts again. Am I doing something wrong? Is Bill doing something wrong? Thanks in advance... Bob Well, Bob... It's almost as if no one is monitoring this group. How many MVPs are represented here? My post is sitting there ignored as well. What you are seeing may be related to my own pro...