Windows Sharepoint services and other web application...

I was reading an article regarding Windows Sharepoint Services, and it
states that there are some limitation and/or compatibility issue if you are
running Sharepoint Services with other web application (includes Outlook Web
Access) on the same server. If my server is...

1) Standalone Windows 2003 Std Server
2) w/ Exchange 2003 (I surely will use OWA)
3) w/ Microsoft CRM 3.0
4) w/ SQL 2000 Server (mainly for MS CRM)

What do I need to pay attention so that Sharepoint services will run on this
environment smoothly?

By the way, I will install Sharepoint Portal Server on the same server,
would it be ok?

What about if the server OS is Windows SBS 2003 standard or premium edition?

Thanks for your help

0
Joe
8/2/2006 4:03:08 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

>By the way, I will install Sharepoint Portal Server on the >same server,
>would it be ok?

No it won't be OK. SharePoint Portal Server 2003 includes WSS v2 and will
not install over an existing copy of WSSv2. So if you intend to use SPS
2003, install only this - do not install WSSv2.

-------------------

SBS 2003: you already have an installation of a special version of WSS v2
when you do a SBS 2003 installation. You should ask in the SBS newsgroup
(microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs) for details of how to upgrade that
special version to SPS 2003.

------------------

Micorsoft do not recommend Exchange 2003 and SPS 2003 on the same (Win 2003
Server) server. Again ask in the SBS newsgroup for the Microsoft stance on
this combination in connection with SBS 2003 because that's a different
situation as SBS 2003 always includes Exchange on the same server.

-------------------

Adding CRM 3.0 to all the rest would to my mind be overkill. You already
have enough performance (and other?) problems with Exchange and SPS 2003 on
the same server.

-------------------------

SQL Server 2K will be used for WSS or SPS 2003 in any case (do not use the
default installation). You can use the same copy for CRM 3.0 (but see
above).

-------------------------

Engelbert

"Joe" <joselok@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I was reading an article regarding Windows Sharepoint Services, and it
>states that there are some limitation and/or compatibility issue if you are
>running Sharepoint Services with other web application (includes Outlook
>Web Access) on the same server. If my server is...
>
> 1) Standalone Windows 2003 Std Server
> 2) w/ Exchange 2003 (I surely will use OWA)
> 3) w/ Microsoft CRM 3.0
> 4) w/ SQL 2000 Server (mainly for MS CRM)
>
> What do I need to pay attention so that Sharepoint services will run on
> this environment smoothly?
>
> By the way, I will install Sharepoint Portal Server on the same server,
> would it be ok?
>
> What about if the server OS is Windows SBS 2003 standard or premium
> edition?
>
> Thanks for your help

0
Engelbert

Sharepoint attachments
Is there a way to attach a file to a column within a list? I guess what you could do is add a field that is a URL link to the document. In SharePoint that sort of field is a "HyperLink"This link then would be "attaching" the record to a separate document that resides at the other end of the link. --rms www.rmschneider.com Sholld wrote: > Is there a way to attach a file to a column within a list? ...

Install Sharepoint Support for Office 2003
I want to change an existing Office 2003 network installation. The feature I want to add is Windows SharePoint Services Support. I tried to do this via the Custom Maintenance Wizard. But the Windows Sharepoint Services Support will not install. Hopefully someone can help me with this. I don't want to manually install the feature for 300+ clients. ...

How do I change a view window's text?
Greetings! I am working on my first MDI application in Visual C++ 6.0. If I have a view window open and I want to change the file whose data is displayed in the view, I also want to have the title bar of the view window show the name of the new file. I tried calling SetWindowText(newFileName) from my OnFileOpen() event handler, but the file name did not appear. What do I need to do? Also, when the New button is clicked, I get a new view window, as expected. The title of the first view window is TrendV1, the next is TrendV2, and so on. Where are those strings generated and how would I ch...

Addresses for Microsoft's Windows Update Servers
We have several machines that have Automatic Updates on. These machines are behind a firewall and we want to block all Internet traffic except to allow updates from Microsoft's update servers. What are the addresses and ports that need to be open which will allow only Microsoft updates to be downloaded to these machines? -- Edward Hello Edward, Try port 80 and port 443 -=- "Edward W" wrote: > > We have several machines that have Automatic Updates on. These machines are > behind a firewall and we want to block all Internet traffic excep...

new calendar window "always on top"
Hello, I am looking for a long time already for a VBA code that opens a new calendar window in outlook after outlook start in a particular size and position with property "always on top". Unfortunately, I was not able up to now to find something similar. All I have so far is Set myOlApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set myNameSpace = myOlApp.GetNamespace("MAPI") Set myFolder = myNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar) myFolder.Display Any help to position the new calendar window in a particular area "always on top" is ...

Web Forms
I have a web form that is used internally on our Sharepoint website. I can receive the data fine. The thing I want is to receive the form exactly as the user sees it with the data in the appropriate fields. I am new to publisher so I'm not sure that it's even possible. Thanks!!!! -- Shane Leach IS Coordinator Probably not, but read: "Publisher web publication forms 101" http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx DavidF "Shane Leach" <ShaneLeach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:508F54DD-1E43-402B-BFAF-3954940DA57...

Windows 2007 won't load
My copy of Windows 2007 would not load until I looked at http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/problemsstartingword.htm where I discovered that because it could not find the printer, it continued to crash. Access, Excel etc. do not do this. Clearly this is a major problem with Word, but Microsoft don't have anything about this on their site. All versions of Word need a locally installed printer driver set as the Windows default printer. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Broadbent" <smn@snassociates.co.uk> wrote in message news:OmyNgtD#KHA.1892@TK2MSFT...

Positioning a window
Hello, I know that the way to open an ie window is the next one: CString strUrl = "http://www.msdnbrasil.com.br/"; if(ShellExecute(miHandle, "open", strUrl, NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL) <= HINSTANCE(32)) { //erro } but I need to change its position and size. I've tried SetWindowPos, but I can't guess the first parameter. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance. You should not *guess* the HWND. Get it through COM (IDispatch) interface of IE. To make it work you cannot use ShellExecute, try CoCreateInstance. "txemuki" <txemasm@hotmail.com> wrote i...

Add "Master Number" field to the SOP_Entry window
Hi, Is there a way in modifier to add the SOP "Master Number" field to the SOP _Entry window. It is displayed on the SOP_Document_Detail_Entry window. I cannot add it as a global field so there must be a trick to it?? Thanks Because there is no Auto-Linked table to the SOP Entry form, you'll need to use VBA to pull it out of the table and display it on the window. Leslie -- Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP cell: 972-814-8550 fax: 972-692-7472 "Glen" wrote: ...

Recipient policy application
I am using two recipient policies in an Exchange 2003 org. Both policies configure seperate address spaces, the default policy having a %g%s@org.co.uk and the second (higher priority) policy is applying PreFix%g%s@org.co.uk. The second policy is scoped to contact objects only Here is the problem: any object that has either policy assigned to it gets randomly generated values created and applied if they do not have a first name or last name value. This happens on each application of the policy. The result of this is that all contacts, user objetcs and even Exchange System Objects are havin...

window mail code 800cccdf for gmail
I can not send emails using this program i have checked my settings they are correct this is A New Computer with 1gb of Memory and almost 1tb of harddrive space here is one of the messages i get XOAUTH authentication failed. None of the authentication methods supported by your IMAP Server (if any) Are Supported on this computer Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server, due to non-network errors. This could. for Example indicate a lack of memory on your system. Configurate Account: my account name Server: imap.gmal.com User Name.: My User Name Protocol IMAP Port...

Outlook Web Access
We have exchange 2003 sp1 server 2003 sp1and just started setting up a password policy. The problem we are having is that when a user has an expired password and they try to access exchange via the web, they get redirected to a http 403 access denied page instead of the aexp2b page to change their password. They can go to the aexp2b page directly and change the password, they can use the button inside of outlook on the options page to change their password, just doesn't work when redirected at the login. I have verified all the settings, I have ssl installed and configured properly as all ...

Windows Update uninstall problem
I hope I posted this in the right place. I tried to uninstall an update using a C++ application I made. I use the Windows Update Agent API create an IUpdateSession then an IUpdateInstaller I set the update collection for the installer and then use the IUpdateInstaller->Uninstall method but I get the 0x80240028 error message. I understand that this means an uninstall can be started only by WSUS but is there any way I to send a command to the WSUS to uninstall the update or to "associate" my application with the WSUS server? Thank you! I observed that the IUpdateSess...

Remote Web Workplace icons are garbleb
-- Frustrated ...

CRM Outlook Client install on Terminal Services.
MS has released some info on Microsoft CRM 3.0 Desktop Client for Outlook Deployment with Terminal Server. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=cbad1af7-8fde-40f2-8df5-935a363f87d9&displaylang=en Also some further instructions can be found on our blog http://blogs.emonarch.net/crm Sean Fullerton Principal - MS CRM Practice eMonarch Hi Sean, I followed the instructions in the readme file step by step but my script doesn't seam to run during login. Any ideas? Thanks, Danielle Sturgess "Sean Fullerton" <stfullerton-no.spam@hotmail.com.nospam&g...

HELP: Window heirarchy problem...
I need to determine at runtime if a window is a child of the main window parent frame (CFrameWnd). I was using code like this: if (GetParentFrame() == AfxGetMainWnd()) { } and this seemed to be working fine if I had something like this: main window main view WINDOW IN QUESTION or main window main view splitter view splitter view WINDOW IN QUESTION view BUT... If I had a dialog popped up from the main frame, GetParentFrame() would still chase up the tree and find the main window. I thought abou...

Follow-up Windows Failing on Load
When I click Follow Up, it says LOADING and then nothing comes up. Tried an uninstall and re-intall of the software into a fresh program directory... What's wrong? HELP!!! rml It should be on the right hand side of the window (try clicking the arrows on the top right to expand the pane)... Also check if javascript is blocked and also popup blockers. Yes, I checked all that... It says "loading", which then disappears, then nothing. It's doing this on ALL of our machines, whereas before it was working on all of them... It's sometihing with the server I'...

Copying The Windows User Account
Am I able make a copy of the complete Windows user account; so that when I do a clean install I can restore the account to its previous state? Is creating the exact user name and account type sufficient, or is there other information needed? How do I do this, I am running XP Home Edition on a 32 bit machine. On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 11:24:03 -0700, paul <paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Am I able make a copy of the complete Windows user account; so that when I do >a clean install I can restore the account to its previous state? Is creating >the exact user nam...

outlook 2007 will not open after upgrading to windows 2007
Cannot open Outlook 2007n after upgrading from Vista to Windows 2007, says cannot open files. Can you be a little more specific about what EXACTLY the error message says? Does this happen even if you start Outlook in Safe Mode? (hold down CTRL while you click the icon) See if this helps: http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/tsol.htm#safe Have you tried starting Outlook with the /resetnavpane switch? See if this helps - http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/tsol.htm#cls -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.off...

Excel should not be an MDI style application.
Excel seems to be running in an MDI (Multiple Document Interface) style mode. All other office products are SDI (Single Document Interface) or at least work that way. The problem is that when you close Excel, with the X in the corner, you wind up closing all of the Excel documents, even though it asks you if you want to save them, the most common thing to do is say no when you have just looked at a spreadsheet quickly, since at times Office applications ask even when no apparent changes were made. It is true that we should be more careful and fully read the pop up boxes that appear...

adding service tracking
I’m wanting to try and add a service tracking site at my work using asp but I need it to be able to put customer info and parts sold on hold in the RMS software. Is this possible and if so where would be a good place to get some info or can I do it with SQL queries ...

First Windows 7 PC arriving Soon and Have Questions
Hi, today I ordered a ZT Affinity Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz 1GB Radeon 5450 Blu-Ray ROM Desktop w/ Windows Professional 64bit. This will be my first Win7 PC. What should I do before using the PC everyday? I'm thinking drop the DVD\Blu Ray player to a very low drive letter, setup a permanent swap file. and I'd like to partition the 2TB HDD. Do I need third party software to partition a Win7 HDD? What else would you do to set up this PC? Thanks, Sam For expert Windows 7 advice, please post your inquiry in the appropriate Windows 7 Forum: http://answers.mic...

windows mail stationery
Hello, I am using windows vista & I am trying to sent emails using the stationery feature as a nice background. When I insert it and write my email, the recipient receives it as an attachment rather than a background. is there an option somewhere that will fix this? I hope this is clear and thank you for any help. -- vista oldie fan Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com The recipient is probably reading in plain text. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "vista oldie fan" <vista.oldie.fan.49sqk5@no-mx.forums.vi...

Opening up a new Outlook window for a separate mailbox
Here is my situation. One of my users, has 2 mailboxes he needs to check, and he needs to have them both open at the same time, preferrably in separate windows so he can copy stuff from one mailbox to the other. He had had this working before, and right after we upgraded him to Office 2003 it was working again, but now we can't seem to get it to work anymore. Does someone know how to open up another mailbox into a separate window so he can see 2 mailboxes at the same time? Thanks, Chris Add the mailbox to his profile. Then right click on the second Inbox and choose Open in New Wind...

GP 8 Service Pack 5 Service Advantage
Hi, I am upgrading from GP 8 to GP 9 as the first step I installed GP 8 SP 5 and getting error message about SVC00951 (invalid object), which is a ServiceAdvantage table. There are no ServiceAdvantage tables in the company database. any ideas ? thanks Syed ...