Which SIde of Trust to run SFO Client

Login onto a CRM Active Directory domain, whether or not its joined to
domain, and I can go OFFLINE without errors in SFO.

Login to the non-CRM domain which is part of a trust, it does not.
But I can add the CRM users to my non-CRM local admins etc, so its showing
the trust is working.

Does anyone know if CRM SFO should ONLY be installed on the CRM side of a
trust and then authenticate against that in order to open the SFO?

Does this mean the trust talked about in CRM is only to access resources on
a pre-ACtive Directory network?
And thus it will not work in the way described?

Many thanks any responses

Tony

0
TonyF
8/13/2004 3:53:13 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Side by Side
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 I have opened two separate workbooks, both of which are in the 2007 Excel format. When I click the "view side by side" icon, I get a top and bottom view. One workbook is the entire width of the screen and displays from the top of the screen to about half way down. The second workbook is also the entire width of the screen and it displays from the center of the screen to the bottom. I thought side by side would display next to each other rather above and below each other. Or am I missing something important??? You can change the def...

double-sided printing
I'm trying to print a program using MS Publisher 2002. I want it to print double sided but can't seem to figure out how to do it. Is it because my printer is not set up to print double sided, and therefore I don't see this functionality listed? Thanks much! If you don't know if your printer is capable to do double sided printing it would have helped if you mentioned the brand and model. But you could print page one (print 1 of 1) then send the paper through the printer again (print 2 of 2). -- Don Vancouver, USA "Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft....

re-install of Office Standard running Windows 7
I had a problem with my Outlook with error Cannot open" I tried to find a fix but didn't...I decided to uninstall Office. I then tried to re-install and got an error to type a string in the run to get info for customer support. this does not work file not found. If you installed Office from the cd the only thing you are required to enter is the Key "56Triumph T 110" <56TriumphT110@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA69BAFD-48D0-4882-93AA-29770AADB4F6@microsoft.com... > I had a problem with my Outlook with error Cannot open" I trie...

How to run program after startup 30 min
Hi All I want start program after startup 30min. Do you know how to setup in Windows XP ? Using vbs is ok for me or other suggestion. moonhk moonhkt wrote: > Hi All > I want start program after startup 30min. Do you know how to setup in > Windows XP ? > Using vbs is ok for me or other suggestion. You can use the Ping command in a batch file or script but I would recommend that you use the Sleep command from the Server 2003 Resource Kit. Just put a batch file or script (or shortcut to the batch file) in your Startup folder and use the sleep command in the batch...

How do I run excel in "maintenance mode" to run the setup and ins.
Hi not sure what your question is? Maybe explain this with some more detail -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Erik Joslyn" <ErikJoslyn@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A2D70291-B921-47F7-B2E8-8DC89BB2EFB7@microsoft.com... > I am getting an office assistant error upon opening excel. The error tells me there are no office assistant characters present on the system and to run setup in maintenance mode and install at least one character. Help! "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > not sure what your question is? Maybe explain this ...

Connecting POP clients
Hi? How do I configure the Microsoft Exchange Server with POP client connectivity features? I wish to have some clients on the Internet to be able to download their mails from the Exchange Server (using a MAPI as Outlook 2003). What is the port I need to open on the firewall? Help appreciated NIcolas POP3 is tcp 110. POP3/SSL is tcp 995 (recommended) What version of Exchange? Exchange 2003: POP3 svc disabled by default. Enable and start POP3 svc. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3ClientAccGuide/1d640734-7297-4e11-b4a3-cee794efa1fe.mspx -- Bharat Suneja...

WM_CLOSE, CWinThread, and access violation in Run()
Hi, At the very beginning of my app's InitInstance() I create and start a UI thread (CWinThread derived) that in turn creates and displays a window. The window is closed on a mouse click which usually takes place after the app's frame is displayed. The click is detected in PreTranslate() method and is then followed by posting WM_CLOSE message to the window (i.e. self). In turn, the messages shuts down the UI thread that created the window. The problem is that I get access violation in CWinThread::Run() method. I can't figure out what is going on there because the "t...

97 and 2003 side by side
I run Win XP Pro and use both Access 97 and Access 2003. To run any database I need to right click on the icon and then select "Open with" and then select the correct version of Access. I tried changing the icon properties (for the Start in field) to make sure that the path went to the right version of Access, but it didn't help. The system seems to default to the last version of Access that I used if I just double click on one of the database icons. That means about half the time it uses the wrong version of Access to start the database. Also, the screen icons switch back a...

"cannot run this process while invoices are posting" error
I'm running year end close for inventory, ie remove discontinuted items and update standard costs. We tested the process in our test company and had absolutely no problems. Our test is an exact replica of our actual database. When we tried the run the process in our actual company, we got the error "cannot run this process while invoices are posting." We aren't posting anything and all users, except the actual driver, are logged out. Any ideas where to start? just to make sure that everything is clear, run the following delete statements in SQL Query Analyzer DYNAMIC...

How to detect if a program is running with command prompt or a batch file?
How can detect if a program is running with command prompt or a batch file and exit it? Evan Evan wrote: > How can detect if a program is running with command prompt or a batch > file and exit it? > > Evan > Conventionally, if there's a command line, it runs silently. "Evan" <hurdevan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1168146161.545901.132280@s80g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > How can detect if a program is running with command prompt or a batch > file and exit it? Iterate running processes with ToolHelp API's. Each process has a ID, as wel...

Where is client side created calculated measures in Excel2007
I'cant find out how to create client side calculated measures/members in Excel 2007? That question has no meaning to me. Could you explain what you want to do? -- HTH Bob Phillips (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "SwedishRetail" <SwedishRetail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7747B070-DF24-4EB7-A78E-101A8A389059@microsoft.com... > I'cant find out how to create client side calculated measures/members in > Excel 2007? > In the ProClarity client there is a feature for the end user to create...

side by side spreadsheets
Hi could you explain with more detail what you're trying to achieve :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Nicholas Tortorella" <malletfoundry@mallet.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5216E3CC-E923-4A4A-9138-2FC61EB1143B@microsoft.com... > Both workbooks/worksheets open. Window>New Window>Arrange Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 22:51:02 -0700, "Nicholas Tortorella" <malletfoundry@mallet.com.au> wrote: ...

Can't go Offline (Sync) with SFO
When I try to Go Offline in SFO, this error appears: "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted" Already applied the Windows 2003 hotfix - KB 834859 to both the network Server as the CRM server. But that doesnt fix the problem. The rest of SFO works fine. Does anyone have any ideas? Charlotte ...

Is RAID1 good enough for a local office database/file server (running Windows 2008 Server)? Or RAID5? Options
Hi Our IT suppliers are telling us that hard disks are now so reliable, that RAID1 good enough for a local office database/file server (running Windows 2008 Server)? Or should we go for RAID5 ? All feedback gratefully appreciated. With thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe Hi Shiperton, RAID 1 is at least equally reilable as RAID 5. Both configurations tolerate losing one disk. However, if you calculate statistically, chances are bigger that one drive will fail out of three (RAID 5) than one out of two (RAID 1). The same is statistically true that two drives will fai...

Not to run macro if row 1 selected
I need to run a macro to delete a row if any cell in that row is selected. However I do not want the macro to run if row 1 is selected. Seems simple but I can't get my head around it using IF THEN. I would be grateful for any help As ALWAYS, post your code for comments if activecell.row=1 then exit sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Joek" <Joek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7555C30A-5892-4024-A73E-0AC38BE045E4@microsoft.com... >I need to run a macro to delete a row if any cell i...

Using text in a Form to run a Query
I run a query every day against our company database to pull in specific information. I then store this information locally in my Access db. To save on space, once I'm done reviewing a record, I delete some of the fields to keep the db space low. My problem is that in the future I may have to retrieve these fields. I keep the ticket number in the Access db the same as our company database (they both have the exact same format). I create a form so that tickets can be inputted and then try to retrieve them from the company db, but it doesn't work if I try to retrieve multiple ...

printing columns side by side
I am trying to print a 100 line column into two columns on one page without changing my data? Any help:confused: -- mhayes ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mhayes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33500 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=532969 http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "mhayes" <mhayes.269i6y_1145031300.3732@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mhayes.269i6y_1145031300.3732@excelforum-nospam...

Running on low free space
That little monster alert keeps popping up every two minutes when I am on the console. I have gotten it so that I have 161 MB of free space, but when I start to do a virus pattern update with Trend Micro it drops down to about 45 mbytes, and the update craps out with a statement that the update is 80 per cent and the action is uncompleted. What can I do to get more free disk space from this hog. There is 18 Gigs in the system partition and I am at SP1, and not going any further. Can I get rid of all the uninstall points related to KB? There are three log files that are rea...

Updating a Running total from a cell
Hi, I have an inventory list that I want to update the "On-Hand" field, keep the running total, from an update entry into the "this shipment" field for each inventory item. I will not be adding lines, just updating the "this shipment" cell for each product. I want it to look like this: On Hand This Shipment Running Total Product #1 5 3 8 Product #2 10 -5 5 Product #3 20 10 30 ...

Outlook Client with NT Computer(NT 4.0 and 2000 Pro) Can't connect to server.
I have problem with Client to connect to Exchange 2000 Server. Clients with Window 98 and 2000 pro work within the same subnet, and a few with NT and 2000 Pro don't work with the different subnets, even though Outlook Web Access is working fine and network access is working properly. I figured that this is not network problem because by using UNC, Client computer can see Server computer and access to it. It is not the Account problem either. I also used an admin account. I still can't connect. It is too unprofessional to blame microsoft for this, but Microsoft didn't have ...

Run time error: abnormal program termination
This is the error message each time when trying to creat new message in outlook 2000: Runtime Error! Program:C:\proga~1\micros~2\office\outlook.exe abnormal program termination I've tried: - remove/re-install outlook - remove outcmd.dat, views.dat, frmcache.dat, extend.dat and the registry key Hkey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Exten sions and Hkey_Local_Machine\Software|Microsoft\Office\Addins - open outlook in safe mode And all these doesn't work. Some background info: - OS: XP pro - network email: Exchange 2000 server - user installed Adobe Acrobat 5.0 wh...

outlook newsreader client
Are we ever going to get one? I noticed that Outlook 2003 still does not have one. Probably not. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Jason Gallas" <jgallas@usa.nospam.net> wrote in message news:OFg2DHhrDHA.4080@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Are we ever going to get one? I noticed that Outlook 2003 still does not > have one. > > It probably won't work! Sorry, I had to. S...

HTML Side in php
Hi, How can I get information from a HTML side and which uses also php on some. On that webpage interested contacts put their name and address on the side, so they can get more information from the company. How should the information be transferred that it goes directly into the MS CRM system and automatically a contact is created? Are there any Tools? Is it possible that the Information can be transferred to the SQL Database? Thanks Have a look at the SDK,......you can create applications or webpages that display and interact with CRM data. -Gary "Robert" <Robert@disc...

Swaped sides
I am using Excel 2002. When I opened up Excel today, I found that the worksheet had swaped sides. In other words, the row headers are now sitting on the right side, AND column A is on the right also. Everything that sits on the right is now on the left and vice versa. This is a first for me. Anyone got any ideas on what went wrong? I also reloaded Excel, but to no avail. Thanks for your help. Shirley, Tools / Options / International / Uncheck "View current sheet right to left" -- Regards, Auk Ales * Please reply to this newsgroup only * * I will not react on unsolicited ...

Running applications with MFC
I have created a small application that uses MFC. The corresponding exe will be distributed to a lot of costumers and must be able to run without installation of any kind. In order to accomplish this I have linked MFC staticly. Are there other things I must do to in order to make sure that my app will run smoothly on other computers than my own? I have used some combo boxes, some dialogs and the class CStdioFile. Normally static linking is enough, but to ensure you have not used any non-standard third party libraries, better to use depends.exe once to check all dependencies. -- Igor G...