Where is Address Contact?

On the "information" tab in an account, there is an address at the bottom of
that window.  Where is the "address contact" for that address?

In the "More Addresses" screen, there is an address contact field, but I
don't see that field on the "information tab" address.  That doesn't make a
lot of sense (especially since this field integrates to GP).

Is there a way to add this field to that address section?

Brandon
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Guess you're referring to the address1_primarycontactname field. It is not
included by default, but you can add it from the list of available fields.

--
Michael
http://www.stunnware.com/crm
"Brandon" <Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On the "information" tab in an account, there is an address at the bottom
> of
> that window.  Where is the "address contact" for that address?
>
> In the "More Addresses" screen, there is an address contact field, but I
> don't see that field on the "information tab" address.  That doesn't make
> lot of sense (especially since this field integrates to GP).
>
> Is there a way to add this field to that address section?
>
> Brandon

0
Michael
5/30/2006 9:46:07 PM
I tried that, but it's not showing the contact name from Great Plains in our
integrated environment.  That doesn't make sense.

--
Brandon
Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"

"Michael H�hne" <michael.hoehne@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> Guess you're referring to the address1_primarycontactname field. It is not
> included by default, but you can add it from the list of available fields.
>
> --
> Michael
> http://www.stunnware.com/crm
> "Brandon" <Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> On the "information" tab in an account, there is an address at the bottom
>> of
>> that window.  Where is the "address contact" for that address?
>>
>> In the "More Addresses" screen, there is an address contact field, but I
>> don't see that field on the "information tab" address.  That doesn't make
>> lot of sense (especially since this field integrates to GP).
>>
>> Is there a way to add this field to that address section?
>>
>> Brandon

0
Brandon
5/30/2006 11:20:47 PM
Is there any schema name of the field you're looking for in the GP
documentation? I don't work with GP, so I cannot look into the specs. DO
they give more detailed information about what "address contact" is?

--
Michael

http://www.stunnware.com/crm

"Brandon" <bsmith@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I tried that, but it's not showing the contact name from Great Plains in
>our integrated environment.  That doesn't make sense.
>
> --
> Brandon
> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
> http://www.presentationsdirect.com
>
> "Michael H�hne" <michael.hoehne@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> Guess you're referring to the address1_primarycontactname field. It is
>> not included by default, but you can add it from the list of available
>> fields.
>>
>> --
>> Michael
>> http://www.stunnware.com/crm
>> "Brandon" <Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>> On the "information" tab in an account, there is an address at the
>>> bottom of
>>> that window.  Where is the "address contact" for that address?
>>>
>>> In the "More Addresses" screen, there is an address contact field, but I
>>> don't see that field on the "information tab" address.  That doesn't
>>> make a
>>> lot of sense (especially since this field integrates to GP).
>>>
>>> Is there a way to add this field to that address section?
>>>
>>> Brandon

0
Michael
5/31/2006 8:41:40 AM
Hi Brandon,
                    In out of box CRM connector with GP, the contact field
in UI address is not mapped as the field is not exposed by out of box CRM.
(Under more address it's integrated.) So if you want to integrate this field
, then you need a simple customization of integration. The map between
account/contact to GP customer should be modified. You will require biztalk
and visual studio to do it. Please go through the customization chapter of
connector. It has all the details.

Thanks,
Debarghya

"Brandon" <Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On the "information" tab in an account, there is an address at the bottom
> of
> that window.  Where is the "address contact" for that address?
>
> In the "More Addresses" screen, there is an address contact field, but I
> don't see that field on the "information tab" address.  That doesn't make
> lot of sense (especially since this field integrates to GP).
>
> Is there a way to add this field to that address section?
>
> Brandon

0
Debarghya

Outlook 2007 Business Contact Manager and Outlook Connector
Hi, I'm new to all of this but hope someone will know the answer. Because I have several computers active at any one time and multiple email accounts for different business entities, I've got my email set up through Hotmail using Windows Live Domains so that the email address uses the domain names I own. I do this because all computers then have copies of sent items. This is helpful because I don't need to hunt thorough the different PST files on the different machines. I have installed Outlook Connector in Outlook 2007 so I can access those email accounts in Outlook whic...

Address List Synchronization
My scenario is I have 2 Windows 2003 Active Directory Forests and 1 Exchange 2003 Organization. The users in the forest without the Exch Org have 2 AD accounts (1 for each forest) and the Exch Mailbox has granted rights to the external accounts. So mailflow works fine and so does free & busy information but the problem is sharing calendars. My problem is the GAL lists the accounts from the Forest that has the Exch Org so I cannot find a way for users in the othe Forest to share their calendars and view shared calendars, since I don't know of a way to share an object that is not...

Contacts folder versus Address Book
I'm running Outlook XP under Windows XP Pro on my home computer. I'm the only user. I want to add a new entry to my Outlook Address Book. I open the Outlook Address Book and click to make a New Entry. At the bottom of the window there is "Put this entry" and two options: Contacts, Outlook Address Book. I click Outlook Address Book and get this message: You cannot create entries for this address book. If, instead, I choose Contacts, there's no problem, I see the new contact in Outlook's the Contacts folder, but not in the Address Book. How do I add a new entry t...

send on behalf of but reply do different address?
Hi a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone know if this is possible please? Thanks Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send replies to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Out...

after adding new address they do not come up in address book
I have a very large address book and now when I add new names to it and want to send out my newsletter the addresses I have added do not come up in the list. is there a max to the number of conacts in my list? any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Please provide at least some information. Outlook does not even use an address book. Are you certain you are talking about Outlook and not some other program? What version of Outlook is this? How are you trying to add entries? What happens when you try? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ginaweston" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Dialing a contact: How do I set this up?
I have Outlook 2007 running on XP. When I open a contact, there is a tool to "call" the contact. How do I set up with my phone/modem to enable dialing a contact?? It's not in the help anywhere? Barry Milliken Outlook just uses the Windows dialer. If you don't know how to set up the Windows dialer, you'll need to ask in the correct OS group. It's not an Outlook issue. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "barry milliken" <barry.milliken@verizon.net> wrote in message news:uUXFXX0WHHA.388@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have Outlook 2007 running on X...

Importing Eudora address book
I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it imported zero of zero contacts. dragonfly <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. > I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it > imported zero of zero contacts. In what form is the Eudora address book? Have you tried exporting from Eudora in a CSV format? Have you tried importing it with Outlook Express and then importing it with Outlook from there? -- Brian Tillman Tha...

SFO sync issue with outlook contacts (address name filed)
Hi all, I installed SFO on several outlook clients to get the CRM database available "on the field". The synchronization (Go offline / Go online) works fine but when SFO adds the CRM contacts to the outlook contact folder, it drops the "address name" field in from contact information. All other fields (First Name, Last Name, Street 1, Street2, ZIP, ...) are copied correctly. I renamed the "address name" field as "street 0" and I am wondering if it could be the reason of the problem. 1- Can anyone tell me if the "address name" field is c...

Addresses disappear from the address bar
I have Windows 7 x64 and IE v. 8.0.7600.16385 which works fine with one minor exception... Until recently, all the addresses I typed in the address bar were saved and were visible in a drop down window. Since this morning, only the home page address is in the address bar and drop down window contains no other addresses. Even if I type in an address, it disappears if I switch to a home page. I did not change any settings in the Tools > Internet Options... How to restore the save function on the address bar in the IE? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Ilya, Click Alt...

Exchange 5.5 Address Book Views
In Outlook2000, new message, when I click TO: button the GAL comes up. If I want to go down to the contacts I have to arrow down a whole lis of unused offices. I'm unable to delete any of them. In Exchange5.5 under our site name, -Address Book Views --Offices ---a ---b ---c ---yada all these offices are empty except for one, which has all my users bu if I try to delete the unused offices it comes back with "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION REQUIERED TO COMPLETE THIS OPRATION MICROSOFT EXCHANGE DIRECTORY ID NO. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS" I am logged in as Administrator with f...

Delete email address
I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the email address? I'm running exchange 2003 -- Thanks for your help. Kevin On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:20:00 -0800, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the >email address? I'm running exchange 2003 If the email address is still hanging around, delete the mail-enabled object in ADUC under the Exchange System Objects container ( viewable with Advanced Features enabled. ...

names ans addresses
hi to everyone, have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your writings to me my first question is i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007 and for each column i want name first name introd by like dislike address now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate the others and only to bring up those that like that subject please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh -- bobbydog --------------------------...

Address Labels
How to create address labels in excel Kristin, If you have the label information in a table its easiest to use that as your data source for a mail merge in Word. Just make sure that each column has a unique title starting in row 1 column A and the data starts in row 2. And make sure there are no blank rows or columns anywhere else in the table and it should work fine. HTH PC "K. Bieri" <Kristin@Bobaroo.com> wrote in message news:0b4c01c34647$d00310b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How to create address labels in excel ...

Help with addresses
Hi... using Outlook 2000 (Office 2000/Word 2000) When creating an envelope using Word, then selecting from my address book, I am not sure where Word is getting it's info, I assume my Contact file, but the last line in the recipients address comes up United States of America- of course, it's good... but I only mail in the US and I don't enter that with each contact..and don't want that to print.. is there some way to prevent that from printing? -- B'Regards, Vinnie ...

Send e-mail from different addresses with one Exchange server...
I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each company. How can we make it so he getst to choose which address e-mail is SENT from? Is there a way to do it in Outlook 2007? "centre21" <centre21@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias:f8c27a5a-65fb-4862-b95f-27cd87248a36@v13g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. > This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each > company. How can we make it so ...

excel spreadsheet with email and contact info into GAL
Is there a way to get a spreadsheet of contact information into the GAL? CSVDE -- "toma" <toma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C49849AF-A68A-4A3C-A86E-55A3EF5FB401@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to get a spreadsheet of contact information into the GAL? > Yes, you can simply use CSVDE or script it. How to use Csvde to import contacts and user objects into Active Directory http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327620 -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------...

How do I get a MAC address?
Please could someone tell me the best way to get the MAC Address of a local machine? i.e. the machine of a user browsing a web page, where the webpage is run by my servers. I have had a look around and it seems to be that ActiveX and some COM calls is the only route to go but I am a rookie in this area, so any pointers/help would be greatly apprieciated. Many thanks, -Nils + The best things in life are free but then so are the worst. Here's how I do it; it should work on any platform from Win98 on: #include <iphlpapi.h> // remember to link w/ iphlpapi.lib #define...

How to select a particular smtp address (alias) for sending e-mail?
We are hosting multiple domains in our Exchange 2000 server because we have multiple business units. Each user has multiple smtp e-mail addresses per mailbox. For example, johnsmith@companya.com, johnsmith@companyb.com, and johnsmith@companyc.com etc. where the first one is the default address. How do we select a particular smtp e-mail address for sending e-mail? Thanks. Stanley Tang ...

c360 and Contact database
Folks: I have CRM 3.0 running. I am in the process of moving the SQL Server databases (SQL 2000) to a new server with the same name in the same domain. On the current (old) database server, I see the following databases c360_solutions and MSCRMForContact. Any Idea whether these databases are used for CRM? Thanks ! The c360 database is used for any c360 extensions you have installed in CRM, such as their Activity Summary, Duplicate Detection, etc. The other database sure looks like it has something to do with CRM, but I'm not familiar with it. Maybe it was something set up for a...

Group addresses in Address Book
Group addresses adds an incorrect address and addresses formerly deleted. I can't correct it and the email won't send. I'm not sure what you are doing. If you open the Address Book | New | New Group | Select Members and choose the ones in the Address Book you want, that is all you should see. Are you doing it differently? Is this an old group? Try creating a new one. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Mack2" <Mack2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:621B0FED-CD54-4634-B9E3-CDF...

Automatic contact/address inclusion in address book
Hi is there a way to include everybody who either sends me a mail or to whom i send a mail AUTOMATICALLY in the contac/address book? regards gabriel The former no one would ever want. For the latter, no current versions of Outlook have the ability to add recipients automatically to your Contacts Folder. Only the long abandoned IMO mode of Outlook 98/2000 did that. To automatically add the email address of people you respond to your Contacts Folder requires code: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ggs" <truthnospam@icon.c...

ghost address or alias
Using Exchange 2003 about a month ago, i deleted a user (lets call him michael) from AD using ADUC, and confirmed the deletion of the mailbox. Ever since doing this, when ever a mail is sent to another user (lets call him mark), the sender receives an NDR for the user that was deleted(michael). Mark still received the mail. I have checked mark,s aliases and any mailbox rules he may have, but can't seem to find anything related to the "michael" address. Any ideas??? Tx Sean One more thing i just realised: This only occurs with calendar items (i.e appointments/invites) &qu...

Contacts in Outlook Desktop client
In Outlook desktop CRM Options the Contacts sincronization was set on by mistake. All personal contacts went copied to CRM and all contacts on CRM went copied to Outlook. The option check box is now off but the contacts mess still in both sides. How can I delete personal contacts from CRM? -- Francisco Changing a setting in the application won't remove the contacts. You'll have to remove them manually or write some code to do this. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Francisco" <Francisco@discussions...

Address Book Contacts Folders
Hi: I have a friend using OE6 and somehow he has contacts listed in both the Shared Contacts and Main Identity's Contacts folders. All my contacts are listed in the Main Identity's Contacts folder and I have never seen any in the Shared Contacts folder. What is the purpose of the Shared Contacts folder versus it's sub folder Main Identity's Contacts ? Also having contacts listed in both folders what would be the recommended action for him to take? I would think to place all them in the Main Identity's Contacts folder, but I want to be sure. Is thi...

how do I transfer old XP address book to new vista computer
how do I transfer old XP address book to new vista computer We have no idea what you are asking. This is an Outlook group. Outlook does not even use an address book, and there is no "XP" version of Outlook. Clarify what it is you need to do and why you think it is an Outlook question. So far, you seem to be asking about operating systems, not Outlook. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "bob" <bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58764E1E-33F6-4958-BFE2-1835040BDC6F@microsoft.com... > how do I transfer old XP address book to new vista computer ...