What's the file size limit for importing excel sheet data into CRM ?

Dear All,

I have a client who wants to import huge amounts of data into the CRM
database. I would like to know the file size limit for Excel sheets
for importing data.

1. Total size of import ( if any )
2. Limit of file size every time a file is imported .

--
Thanks and Regards
Mohit Jairath

91 - 9818375383

" Hard work conquers all "

0
shareaburger
2/8/2007 6:59:36 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Dont know if there is a hard limit however I have imported 25000 records or
a 25000 line csv file with no issues

==============================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.crowecrm.com

"shareaburger" <mohitjairath@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
> I have a client who wants to import huge amounts of data into the CRM
> database. I would like to know the file size limit for Excel sheets
> for importing data.
>
> 1. Total size of import ( if any )
> 2. Limit of file size every time a file is imported .
>

> --
> Thanks and Regards
> Mohit Jairath
>
> 91 - 9818375383
>

> " Hard work conquers all "

0
John

Outbound E-mail Suffix CRM:xxxxxxxx
Hi everyone, How do I get rid of the tracking suffix CRM:xxxxxx from all of the outbound e-mails ? Is there any workflow issue if this tracking number is not attached in outbound e-mails ? I don't believe it makes a good impression if the cusomters receive e-mails with tracking info attached hence we want to get rid of this. Thanks in advance for any suggestions, You can get rid of the E-mail suffix CRM:xxxxxxx by following these instructions: Use an account such as systems administrator who has the correct privileges to access organizational settings. 1. At the bottom of the n...

export/import users grant between pcs
hi i want to export users grant from one pc and import to other pc . users are many. how can i do please help me ...

I can't open an emailed Excel Spreadsheet
I was emailed an Excel Spreadsheet for me to download and use, but my yahoo email couldn't open it. It directed me to the Microsoft webpage to find out what program it came from. What do I do now???? Is it possible that you do not have excel installed on your computer? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "New to area" <New to area@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:477288BA-4E9E-45A7-B183-A19E96F9A873@microsoft.com... > I was emailed an Excel Spreadsheet for me to download and use, but my yahoo > email couldn't open it. It directed...

saving publisher file to PDF file format #2
after creating a page in publisher i need to save it as a pdf file and send by email to a publishing house "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87A433B3-6EA5-439E-806D-74C985EA24DC@microsoft.com... > after creating a page in publisher i need to save it as a pdf file and > send > by email to a publishing house If you don't have Adobe Acrobat (not the Reader), download either of these: http://www.win2pdf.com or http://www.primopdf.com ...

excel 2000 336 error
I am running Excel 2000 on a windows 2000 machine that's on a network. All the other machies on the network access this Visual Basic file but when I try I get a 336 error stating that the "Microsoft Visual Basic component not correctly registered". Clicking the "Help" button revelas that the "ActiveX component has not been properly registered in the system registry" I've tried "repairing" the installation, "reinstalling" through the setup procedure without uninstalling and finally an uninstall and reinstall of Office 2000 but s...

How do I automatically prompt to file a sent message?
As a former NOTES user, I've become accustomed to being able to both send and file an email in "one" step. In Outlook the default is to file the sent item in the "sent" folder, or the folder in which the original message resides. I'd like the option of choosing any folder in which to file the sent message to come up automatically when I send an email. Any ideas? See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/setsavefolder.htm for sample VBA code to do this. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators,...

E-mails disappeared while trying to import from Outlook Express
I reached the capactity for Outlook Express (about 2 gigs worth of files in my inbox). When I tried to switch to Outlook, I went to import my inbox from Express. The import never completed and it crashed my computer. However, when I went back to Express, all those files in my inbox were gone. Express was still operating as if they were there (as if I was still at capacity), but I can't see them or find them. Can anyone help me figure out where they went or how to recover them? Confused <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I reached the capactity for Out...

Migrating Office X files to Windows SBS 2k3
I have a situation with migrating some older Office X files to a new Windows Small-Biz Server 2003 environment. It seems that the person I am working with did not use the "Append file extensions" option when saving his Office X files on his Mac server (10.2.8). So now I have a situation where I need to move these extension-less files over to the Windows server but they will lose thier file associations. Is there anyway to save this extension "metadata" to convert these files on the Windows side? I have about 20GB of data to migrate and manually opening each file wi...

Inserting a file from FTP
Hello i have a FTP server that host's files for my office to share. >From one computer that has publisher 2000 on it has problems inserting a file from the ftp into a publisher document. The error i recive from that computer is that it has a problem linking a file that is not on the computer or on the network. The odd thing is that every other computer in the building can connect to the FTP and insert images from it. Also the computer can connect to the FTP through Internet Exlplorer so connectivity isn't a problem. Any help on this would be great. Also most the other computer'...

Changing default browser
Hello, I'm wondering how to change the default browser so when I click on hyperlinks in Word, Excel, and OneNote they automatically open in Firefox. Is there a way to do this? Currently they all open in IE, which I have on my computer but don't prefer to use. Thanks very much! This would be a question for a Firefox forum, as Office settings have nothing to do with the default browser. However, since I have Firefox.... On the menu, choose: Tools Options Advanced Check "Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup" Also click "...

Duplicate File Message opening an Excel 97 file from Windows Expl.
When I open an Excel 97 file from Windows Explorer or the Documents menu of the Start button, the document opens, and I get a message that "A document with the name "XXXXX" is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, evan if the documents are in different folders." If I start Excel, firs, I don't get this message. Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mark B wrote: > When I open an Excel 97 file from Windows Explorer or the Documents > menu of the Start button, the ...

Excel File Association not working
Hi, One of our users cannot open an Excel file by just double-clicking on it any longer. If he opens Excel first, he can browse to the file and open it. I looked at the file associations for .xls types of files and it lists Excel as the program to use to open .xls. I tried an Office repair, but that didn't help. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks, Sandy M Sometimes one of these works for similar problems. Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then W...

How to save a PC Excel file into MAC (it says file is read only)?
I am having troubles with an Excel workbook I created on my PC (using Excel 2000). Essentially I can't save it in a Machintosh computer. Thanks for your help ...

How to convert binary file to ASCII file
How to convert binary file to ASCII file? Thanks in advance! "prinz" <de6666@lycos.com> wrote in message news:40222AF5.B3B6EFFB@lycos.com... > How to convert binary file to ASCII file? > > Thanks in advance! > well, an ascii file is a binary file... just the bits happen to be easily displayable as letters, number, and other symbols. you will have to find out what the meaning of each bit in the binary file is, how the bits are grouped into bytes, and how the bytes are grouped into higher order things. then read the file with the appropriate file access method a...

Crm Reports 10-23-04
We are having an error when we try to run reports. It states "getting a message from crystal report viewer that "information is needed before this report can be processed" - " Any Ideas? Check out the knowledge base. There is a write for that problem... I think it has to do with getting\registering all of your Crystal services. Good luck! "Bob" wrote: > We are having an error when we try to run reports. It > states "getting a message from crystal report viewer > that "information is needed before this report can be > processed&q...

Trying to Open Excel File, But its says file is locked for editing
I'm trying to open an Excel file on a network drive. However when I try to open it. It has an Error Message: File in use. Drivers return 'Taco far return disk Chart 2005.xls' is locked for editing. Options are 'Read Only', 'Notify' or 'Cancel' I know no one is in the spreadsheet, and does not indicate who would be if there was. Can anyone help? Maybe: http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly or http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen Both from Debra Dalgleish's site. Smeeta Geary wrote: > > I'm trying to open an Exc...

Those damn pst files!!
Hello, I have had MANY problems with outlook, first, I had problems where I had to reinstall every time I closed outlook xp or I couldn't send emails, then I tried the detect and repair--restore defaults, then I reconfigured and it seemed to work fine...EXCEPT I could no longer intellisync or sync anything...I looked into the matter, and found that my default Outlook.pst was now outlook1.pst, so I changed the name to outlook.pst, reconfigured (again lost the address book in the process) and still can't sync...what is up with these damn pst files? WHERE should I put that OUTL...

problems with inserting html to xslt file.
Hi, I have a string/xml value that has to be inserted to a specific <xsl:tempalte> tag, I have a namespace registered so that I can insert new XSL elements. nsmgr = New XmlNamespaceManager(myXslt.NameTable) nsmgr.AddNamespace("xsl", "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform") This is the string that has to be inserted to xsl:template tag : <tr> <td><xsl:apply-templates select="bla" /></td> </tr> If I try the element.insertXml method there is an error saying undeclared namespace and poiting to the <xsl:apply> tag. The...

email size
Is it possiable to restrict internal emial to a certain size? Gino In Global Settings | Message Delivery | Properties. This configures it for entire Organization, including incoming/outgoing/internal/internet mail. How to set size limits for messages in Exchange Server http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322679/ -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Gino" <gangelozzi@firstcomcu.org> wrote in message news:e35h2Lx4GHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Is it possiable to...

Storing strings in header file via resource file (.rc file) ?
Hi: My application needs to support multiple languages. I'm now planning to strong strings in multiple string tables in the rc file; where each string table contains one language. My question is: will it be much simpler to store those strings in multiple header files? In this case a string can be used directly without the need to use CString to load each string before using it. Please let me know if I'm missing some advantages using the rc file to store strings. Thanks in Advance. Polaris "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<e...

Problem converting Quicken backup file to Money 2004
Hi, When I use the Converting Quickent Files feature, after the conversion is done, it shows the correct balance in the Quicken balance, but on the Money balance column, it's all zero. After conversion, I open the converted Money file, all accounts still show zero balance. What's the correct way to import all Quicken accounts and balance to Money? thp ...

Can i import one excel file to another excel file?
I have a new excel file that I want to update with an older excel file, can I import the two? There must be an easy way to merge the two together without having to retype. Depends on what you mean by update. If it's just to add more data to the bottom of an existing list, open both files, then select the data, Edit/Copy it and Edit/Paste to the other workbook. If that's not what you want, can you be more specific? On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:59:09 -0700, "kimbers867" <kimbers867@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a new excel file that I want to update with ...

CRM Mobile querying recipientAddr,recipientSrvcPort etc
Hi there Since we installed CRMMobile our (new) server has been SO SLOW! SqlServer is taking anywhere from 69 - 99% cpu time (mostly around 99) I have run sql profiler and discovered that many times a second the following transactions are running: exec sp_executesql N'SELECT recipientAddr,recipientSrvcPort,sourceAddr,sourceSrvcPort, MIN(arrivalDate) as minArrivalDate, count(*) as messageCount FROM vwInBoundQueue WHERE recipientAddr=@recipientAddr AND recipientSrvcPort=@recipientSrvcPort GROUP BY sourceAddr,sourceSrvcPort,recipientAddr,recipientSrvcPort ORDER BY minArrivalDat...

OL 2002 - Attached MSG file - No body property returned
We have a large number of psts with emails bearing problematic MSG attachments. The PST files appear to be from an Exchange environment (Likely 2000). We are using VB6 to access the data via Outlook 2002 (we've tried 2003, but with the same results). Outlook 2002 (sp-2) is not returning any value for the body property of an attached MSG email items. When opening them in Outlook, you can see that there is in fact body text which seems only to be visible when viewed through the UI in OL. Here is something odd: 1. When viewed in Quick View Plus (ver 6 & 8) it appears with only the heade...

opening .wks files
Had created spreadsheets as .wks files on Windows ME. I'm unable to open these now that I've upgraded to XP and Office XP. I've tried to associate them with Excel but they will not open properly. How can I retreive these? Hi a repost from Ken Wright to convert MS Works files: ----- Generally you would normally open the file in WORKS and then save it down as a file that Excel can read. .xlr is a native Excel format, or .txt, ..csv, dbaseIV are all formats it can read. You can also find a converter here if you don't have WORKS. http://www.rl-software.com/indexjs.htm?/con...