What is the SystemUserBase - ActiveDirectoryGUID field ?

We've got 3 crm environments all with their own domains - live, test
and dev. I'm investigating why we cant add users from our main(live)
domain to the dev environment, and can't edit existing users from the
live domain on the dev domain
I've noticed a field on the SystemUserBase table called
ActiveDirectoryGUID. My first impression was that it was the id of the
relevant AD account, however the live guid for my crm account is
different from the ActiveDirectoryGUID on my test crm account, and
both records work fine. Whereas the ActiveDirectoryGUID on dev (which
has problems) is the same as live.
Can anyone shed some light on this ?
Thanks in advance

0
Webb0
7/4/2007 11:01:26 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You've got it right - that guid is the link to AD for the user.  So I'm not
sure why you're surprised that "the live guid for my crm account is
different from the ActiveDirectoryGUID on my test crm account".  In theory,
every AD account on the planet should have a unique ID - so if  you have 3
user accounts, in 3 domains, that you use to access the 3 CRM installations,
each AD account will have its own unique id.

On your implementation with problems (dev), how did your systemuser
information come to be? - was it a fresh installation or did you redeploy
the live data into the dev environment.  I'd hazard a guess that if the
ActiveDirectoryGUIDs are the same between two systems, that you tried to
simply restore the live databases onto your dev server, which won't work
because your dev domain knows nothing about the AD objects referenced in the
CRM database.  The only way to make a copy of CRM data and use it elsewhere
is to use the redeployment tool.

Not sure if I've helped or just muddied the waters.

Dave Ireland

"Webb0" <graeme@ozaweb.com> wrote in message
> We've got 3 crm environments all with their own domains - live, test
> and dev. I'm investigating why we cant add users from our main(live)
> domain to the dev environment, and can't edit existing users from the
> live domain on the dev domain
> I've noticed a field on the SystemUserBase table called
> ActiveDirectoryGUID. My first impression was that it was the id of the
> relevant AD account, however the live guid for my crm account is
> different from the ActiveDirectoryGUID on my test crm account, and
> both records work fine. Whereas the ActiveDirectoryGUID on dev (which
> has problems) is the same as live.
> Can anyone shed some light on this ?
> Thanks in advance

0
Dave
7/6/2007 2:00:03 AM
Hi Dave, thanks for your reply. The reason I'm suprised is exactly for
the reasons you've explained - the AD guid should be unique. However
I only have 1 AD account which has been used to create to create a CRM
account on each of our 3 CRM environments on their respective domains,
so  I would expect the ActiveDirectoryGUID value on both live and test
CRM accounts (which have the same DomainName value) to be the same,
but they're not.

Apparently our test environment was a 'full redeployment' of the live
environment, whereas dev was a new installation 'only using the
existing databases and customizations'.

Ps - Don't worry about the water, it couldn't get much muddier!

0
Webb0

how do I save field mapping for importing contacts?

Custom Field to Show up in Field List
Hello to All - This is a simple question, but I've searched through all the data bases and can't find an answer. Is it possible to create a custom field that shows up in the field list with a meaningful name? I'm using the Flag 1 field to mark certain tasks in the schedule. To display the field in the schedule, I changed the Column Title to something meaningful so that I know what it is. The problem is that if I hide the column, then to redisplay it, I have to remember that I used the Flag 1 field. Is there a way to create a custom field and change the name to somethi...

Calculated Field in a Pivottable
I have a pivottable with 2 row fields showing a structure heirarchy, a column field showing status and a data field showing headcount. What I would like to do is add a calculated field to show the percentage of headcount that have a status of complete compared to the subtotal for that tier of the heirarchy. If possible I would like to include this as a single calculated value as an additional row field as opposed to adding a second data field and using the '% or row' option. Is there a way of doing this? Hi, Why don't you show us a sample of the data and what you would like th...

Field greyed out
Hi, If i go to Cards-->Inventory-->Items I would like to edit the Current Cost field, but it is greyed out. I am not able to edit. Does anyone know how i can make the field editable? -- Thanks in advance, Susanna Susanna: The reason the field is greyed out in the Item Card is because changing the Item Cost revalues your inventory and thus you need to go through the proper process to do so. The way to change the current cost is to go Tools>Utilities>Inventory>Change Average Cost, (or Adjust Costs if you need to change the value of previous purchase receipts). Using this met...

Sorting Text Fields Containing Letters and Numbers
To whom it may confuse. I have a query with a text field that needs to be sorted in descending order. The field name is "ContainerNumber" and the data will always have at least a letter in the begining. As you can see the data sample "D100/07" comes after "D10/07" and that is not what I need. I need "D11/07" to come after "D10/07" and so on. How can I fix this? ContainerNumber D03/07 D06/07 D07/07 D08/07 D09/07 D10/07 D100/07 D101/07 D102/07 D103/07 D104/07 D105/07 D106/07 D107/07 D108/07 D109/07 D11/07 D110/07 D111/07 D112/07 D113/07 D114...

Calculation on a field code
I have a field code that returns a month name, like April. I was to also display in my document just the first 3 characters of the field code, or in this case, APR. Can I do that without creating a second field code? It depends on what type of field code your field is, but let's suppose it's a REF field. Then one approach is to use a nested field like this: { QUOTE "{ REF myfield } 2010" \@MMM } (where each pair of {} are the "special field braces" that you can insert using ctrl-F9). Peter Jamieson http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk On 14/04/2010 20:...

Adding Field Values
Has anyone added values in fields to give a total? There are 20 fields. 1 - 19 have a value (say 5 each) Field number 20 requires the total of 19 x 5. Any assistance greatly appreciated. Cheers, Mandy. Hi Mandy You can use JavaScript on Form onLoad or onSave to do it. sample code: var sum = crmForm.all.[fieldname1].DataValue + crmForm.all.[fieldname2].DataValue + crmForm.all.[fieldname3].DataValue + ... var total = sum * 5; crmForm.all.[fieldname20].DataValue = total; Hope this helps! Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com Mandy wrote: > Has anyone added...

Update Table - One field
Hi All, I need to update multiple fields in my table and one field needs to be updated twice, that is, I need to remove the first character (an ') and also insert an hyphen. The updates run fine separately, but I don't know how to update the same field twice in one query. Do I need to run a subquery? Thanks, BS You should be able to do that all in one query UPDATE YourTable SET YourField = Mid(Left([YourField],4) & "-" & Mid([YourField],5),2) That inserts a hyphen between the 4th and 5th characters in the string and then trims off the first character from ...

Increase Description field maximum in Case Form?
Howdy. Is there a way to increase the maximum character allotment in the Description field (above 2000) in the Case *Resolved* Form? I know how to increase the allotment for the Description field in the regular Case view: (Settings > System Customization > Cases > Customize Form > Description > Change Properties > Formatting > Maximum Length) but not in the Resolved Form. Thanks! Afarid you can't do that here. This translates to an Activity and you can not modify activities in a supported manner. Also, there is a diff between the fields. The one you can ...

Carry the field
Access 2007, have a table that looks up two fields in another table. Fld1 and Fld2. Fld2 is a description of Fld1. So when the user select Fld1, how can I get Fld2 to carry on to this new table? Striker3070, In a well normalized database you would not store the description in two tables. You can use DLookup to get the description to display on your form. If numeric... =DLookup("Fld2", "YourTable", "[Fld1]=" & Me![Fld1]) If text... =DLookup("Fld2", "YourTable", "[Fld1]='" & Me![Fld1] & &quo...

How to convert text fields to numeric fields without losing data in text fields.
I have a table in Access. It has a text field filled with numeric values. How do I convert the text field to numeric without losing all the text data in it that is numeric? I appreciate any assistance. Add a new numeric field to your table. Run an update query that will update the new numeric field with the value of the text field. Delete the old text field. Change the name of the new text field to what the old text field was. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Frank" wrote: > I have a table in Access. It has a text field filled with numeric values. > How do I c...

SystemUserID in SystemUserBase
I have been testing to see if a disabled user can be reactivated and show up with a SystemUserID in the SystemUserBase. From what I can see it will will show up as a new account. The AD account was disabled from AD quite some time ago. I notice tha the Object GUID that is viewable with ADSIEDIT in AD does not corrospond with the SystemUserID. If I new how the SystemUserID entry was created I could manually create the record in the table. I least I think I could. Anyone know how they are created under the hood. It would be a bit tedious to go through the license table to see if the ...

How to selectively insert data in fields
Hi all, I have a table "tblBills" with fields "orderID", "supplier", "suppliername" and another table "tblInstSales" with fields "orderID", "installername", "salesrepname" How can I update the field "suppliername" based on what exists in field "supplier" Example: if in field "supplier" entry is "Installer" then use data from field "installername" and if it is "Salesrep" then use data from "salesrepname" I am a newbie with limited query ...

Calculated field IM
Hi I am writing an integration to bring in Receivables Transaction in GP V9 I would like to be able to have a script attached to the Amount field to add 2 fields on my source file to get the value for the Amount. Don't seem to get the syntax correct - can anyone help? thanks Jean In the field script, you can use something like this: CurrentField = SourceFields("SOURCE.FIELD1") + SourceFields("SOURCE.FIELD2") Where SOURCE is the name of the data source, and FIELDx is the name of the field in the data source. You don't need SOURCE if you only have 1 data sour...

validate a field based on sum of other fields
I have to assign commission to agents for each "order". I can have anywhere from 1 agent at 100% commission to 5 agents with every possible combination of percentages. Obviously, I need the percentage entries to only add up to 100 and I'd like to force the user to adjust the figures until they total 100. Firstly, am I right in assuming it would be better to be assigning the agents to the orderIDs in separate records: OrderID, Agent, Agent Percentage (as opposed to having one record contain the OrderID, Agent1, Agent1Percentage, Agent2, Agent2Percentage, Agent3, Agent3Pe...

Pivot Table Calculated field #3
I have a pivot table with columns for No's, Yes's and Grand Total. I would like to calculate the % of Yes's by dividing the Yes's by the Grand total. Can someone give me an easy explanation of how to do that or a source? I have tried every thing I can think of and the directions I have found have not helped.... Thanks, Ann To calculate total percent Yes, you could use the GETPIVOTDATA function in a formula outside the pivot table. For example: =GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5,"Valid","Yes")/GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5) MOE wrote: &g...

Form Fields In Outlook Template
Help !!! I'm not a developer, just a user, but I need some help. What I want to do is create an Outlook 2003 template, that uses form fields (Text, drop down boxes, etc.....) However, it looks like to properly create an Outlook template, you cannot use Word as your editor. But if I do not use Word as the editor, then I cannot access the Form Toolbar. This cannot be a new request - but I just cannot seem to figure this out. Help !!! Thank you See my response to your other post on this issue.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart...

Default fields in new fields
Using Outlook 2K When creating a new mail folder, it does not include the Subject and Received fields necessitating their having to be added every time. How can I get this to revert to the default fields? Thanks, Cathy ...

multiple critera for one field in a query
Hi, i am trying to get a count of a certain criteria but in different columns. Its hard to explain, but assume i have a table which consists of... A 550 B 600 C 20 A 100 C 75 B 120 D 390 Then in a query I am trying to have the result of: Over 500 Over 100 Over 25 Under 25 A 1 1 0 0 B 1 1 0 0 C 0 0 1 1 D 0 1 0 0 The way i have done...

required fields
Hello: Through either VBA or Modifier, is it possible to make a field that is required in Great plains by design to not be required but be optional instead? I doubt it. The best that I could come up with was to just have VBA fill the required field with a "dummy" piece of information and move on. Any other ideas? I suppose the only other way is through Dexterity. The field is the "Interview Range from 1 to" in the HR Interview Setup window. I just decided to have VBA fill it with "01". Thanks! childofthe1980s You are right, fields Required by GP cann...

Locking Field position on screen.
I have created a simple form in Word 2007 with maybe 2 or 3 fields across and 3 or 4 fields down, but my problem is I would like to be able to lock the field positions in place on the screen. When I type in a field, the field to the left moves. I need to lock the position. Can this be done. Frank Most forms designers put form fields in table cells of a fixed dimension. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Francis Cunningham, Jr." <FrancisCunninghamJr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

scripto to cut/paste to next field
Here is my situation: 1) A page on IE will be open, and I will have a cursor in a field on the page (field that has text in it) 2) I need to hit a shortcut (ctrl-shft-something) that cuts everything to the right of the cursor, advances a field (effectively, replicates ‘tab’ action), and pastes Anyone have some code (and instructions on what to do with the code) that may solve the above? -- Boris "BorisS" <BorisS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4B54CE9-F2A4-4195-B2E3-ABA75A49202C@microsoft.com... > Here is my situation: > > 1...

When printing a contact the other field (Notes) get cut off
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. <br> I have tried this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried a different printer also. Please help On 3/10/10 12:47 PM, mwilshrie@officeformac.com wrote: > Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. I have tried > this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried > a different printer also. Please help Can you post a picture of what you're de...

text field to date field field
I have a database that has a text field called "visit" it has been filled with data ie., " 6/22/07 - not good, " the field may also be blank or it may contain random text after the date. In some cases no date at all just text. I would like to create a new field called DateVisit that contains just the dates that were entered in the field "visit" it has been a struggle and I have made no progress please help abbenj@verizon.net/nospam From your description, the field might contain a date, or a date and text, or text, or nothing. How would you explai...

Change of Text Field from "Text" to Empty "Lookup"
Hi, MOPS 2007 with SP2. I have recently experienced two occasions with two seperate schedules where all the text fields have changed their input criteria from normal "text" to a blank lookup table. This has removed all the data that was previously in the fields. This appears to have happened automatically. Project Professional users have not changed the settings in their files. The administrator claims not to have changed any settings in global. Furthermore, the administrator is now claiming that local macros are probably causing this, without explaining how it happ...