WFM working off a date

I was wondering if anyone has ideas about triggering a workflow based
on a date. I would like to auto generate a message to go out 3 days
prior to an estimated date to close an opportunity, but so far had no
success. I'm willing to bet that I am not the first to want to use a
date as a trigger...

Has anyone out there come up with any workarounds for this silly
ommision in the current product? I would hope, and please confirm if
known, that this is addressed in the newest MSCRM version.

Thanks for your input,
Scott

0
frappe33
10/7/2005 3:41:17 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Compress seq data. I want to pay to make it work.
Hi This first step is written in VBA but if you can do it in VB it is even better. I want to compress "tick"-data (ie trades) from a file into another file. In the target file I want to chunk the data into 15 minutes activity (or other number of minutes) and summorise it into date, time, open, high, low, open and volume. I have managed it with days but minutes is harder. I have 3 cells in a worksheet that I have given the names: Sourcefile, Sourcefolder and Targetfolder. And I have added "eod" (EndOfDday) at the beginning of the target file. Below have I put parts...

WaitForSingleObject not working???
ow can I know if there is input or not from keyboard in console application? I want to flush buffer to screen every second. In Unix, select( ) with stdin and timeout can work well( return timeout every second ), but in Windows, stdin is NOTSOCK, hence select won't work. In Windows, WaitForSingleObject( stdinHandle, 1000 ) will return "WAIT_OBJECT_0" when waiting for input. How come the following always goes into "WAIT_OBJECT_0"? What could I do? Is there any way to use select( ) in Windows with stdin? Thanks! #include <windows.h> #include <stdio.h> in...

Query Parameter at switchboard not working
I have a selection on my Switchboard for Edit Record. This runs a macro which runs a query parameter asking for a Ticket Number. The number entered should pull up the correct Record to Edit, but it's pulling up any record. Currently I have one record in my system. Ticket # 12345. In the parameter window I can enter in any number and it will pull up this record. Does anyone know why this isn't working correctly. If the record doesn't match any in the system I want it to either pull up a blank form or have an error message appear. Thanks. Post the SQL of the a parameter query that a...

C++ dll in Excel 97 does not work in Excel 2003
Hi there, I am using a c++ dll in excel 97 and calling dll functions, and it works just fine. Now, When I try to run the same dll/xls file with all VBA code, macros it gives me error right at registering the dll at line Range("1!A1") = "=REGISTER.ID(""Black"",""ef_fv"",""BIBBBBB"")": Sub Auto_open() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.DisplayFullScreen = True AddIns("Analysis Toolpak").Installed = True Range("1!A1") = "=REGISTER.ID(""Black"&quo...

windows mail not working
I can neither receive nor send messages with Windows Mail.It was working for 2 years and then it stopped about the time a new microsoft email update came in March 2010. It quit mysteriously. Att&T doesn't know what to do, Best Buy can't explain, so I have relunctantly had to open a gmail account. The error code is: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'j', Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Your question may be better answered in a...

Converting excel spreadsheet to a works spreadsheet
I recently was given a computer with Works on it. It has Word and a spreadsheet that is not excel. I've been trying to convert an excel document to the works version of the spreadsheet without any luck. Any suggestions? Thanks Hi MS Works should be able to open Excel files (though you may loose some formats and some functions are not supported AFAIK). Have you tried opening the Excel file with Works? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ofpsu@comcast.net wrote: > I recently was given a computer with Works on it. It has > Word and a spreadsheet that is not excel. I've ...

Media Center Receiver Service stops working...
I have been running this machine and configuration (32 bit Vista Ultimate, sp2) for about a year and everything has worked fine -- never a problem with Media Center or anything else. Today I moved the hardware into a new case in order to get a little more real estate and cooling. When I brought it back up it went into a real slowdown for about 2 minutes -- maybe less -- and then gave me error: "Windows Media Center Receiver Service stopped working and was closed." I used my remote and started WMC. It started up fine. I selected Live TV and it went into the near f...

WFM working off a date
I was wondering if anyone has ideas about triggering a workflow based on a date. I would like to auto generate a message to go out 3 days prior to an estimated date to close an opportunity, but so far had no success. I'm willing to bet that I am not the first to want to use a date as a trigger... Has anyone out there come up with any workarounds for this silly ommision in the current product? I would hope, and please confirm if known, that this is addressed in the newest MSCRM version. Thanks for your input, Scott ...

Help: Error when working disconnected in sales outlook
When attempt to work connectionless, it appears to me the following message in all folders: "Cannot access rights of or privilege sufficient lacks to conduct this action". The user is administrator in local machine. The OS is WINDOWS XP SP2 HOME EDITION. Sales for Outlook is not supported on XP Home Edition, because XP Home Edition cannot be joined to a domain "Valentin" <valentincollado@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23xYGPiCmFHA.3568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When attempt to work connectionless, it appears to me the following > message in all fol...

Working in time formats
I'm trying to create a spreadsheet for various marathon race paces, but whenever I enter a time in runner's lingo (ie. 7:31 equals 7 minutes and 31 seconds) the program wants to convert to a date. I've thought about using decimals where 7:31 would be written as 7.517, but that's a bit clunky. Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome. Ralph And you're entering 7:31, not 7/31, right? Maybe it's a window setting. Open up the regional settings applet under control panel In winXP: windows start button|settings|control panel|regional and language options On t...

It Worked!!! :-)
I have no idea why an action would not work the first time and it would work the 2nd, but it did! I did everything the same, but this time the box popped up and I choose the one with no messages. Now I still got a message because a new sheet appeared with headers of: sheet, object, name, property, value, and action. I knew there were 3 old workbooks linked and wasn't surprised when I had to repeat the process 2 more times. Is there any reason I have to save those 3 sheets, or is it ok to delete them? Elaine :-) Glad you got it working. (And you have one more response at the origina...

junk mail filter doesn't work with rules?
Hello, I receive mail from many pop3 accounts and mailing lists. I use rules to organize the mail within my mailbox. One problem I am having is that the junk mail filter does not screen mail that is affected by the rules. So for instance, I get an email from some alternate account that I have. The mail comes in and gets picked up by the rule and moved to the appropriate folder. When this happens, the junk mail filter never checks the message. Only mail left in the Inbox is screened. Can someone help figure out how to make this work or does anyone have a workaround? I'd hate to ...

refernce to a different work sheet
In one of the worksheets in my xls file, I have this formula: =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($A2,$K$1:$M$31,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP($A2,$K$1:$M$31,2,0)) in columns B and C The lookup table is in (on) the same worksheet. But I'd like to move the table to another worksheet in the .xls file. If I do that, how must I change the formula? The table I am referencing is K1 - M31. David =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($A2,Sheet2!$K$1:$M$31,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP($A2,Sheet2!$K$1:$M$31,2,0)) I've used Sheet2 as an example, change as necessary -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, E...

Button/Macro Not Working, Help!
I have a macro that pulls up Report Manager and prints out pre-define views. The macro works fine only after I use Report Manager the firs time. If I exit my workbook and Excel, then return to it, th button/macro does not function. Nothing happens until I manully us Report Manager again. Is there a bug with this or am I missin something -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Post your code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 20 May 2004 08:38:55 -0500, baston <<baston.16k4at@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >I have a macro that pulls up Report Manager and prints out pre...

MAPI not working
I am using MYOB and want to send emails directly from MYOB using Windows Mail. However when I click on email in MYOB I get a message saying that "cannot find MAPI32.dll. Please install MAPI" I have tried this by downloading the mapi32.dll from a site but this has not worked. Can anyone help me please? FabFay MYOB needs a full MAPI client like Outlook. Windows Mail won't work. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Fabfay" <fabfay@iinet.net.au> wrote in message = news...

Running "All" Rules Doesn't work, but indviducal rules do
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have several Exchange rules set up. Most aren't enabled all the time. I just run them when I want to clean out my Inbox. I run them by selecting all messages and going to Messages -> Apply Rule. If I choose one rule at a time it works great. However, If I choose "All Rules" none of them work. Its been this way since I stared using the product several months ago and its getting unbearable. "mansopluc@officeformac.com" wrote: > I have several Exchange rules set up. Most aren't enabled ...

work hours 02-28-07
Hi, I'm making a workflow process where some tasks are tracked and must be completed after X work hours. In the workflow manager, I configure the waiting time, before the process starts to send e-mails and create new tasks. But that time does not respect the work hours of the owner of the process. Is there a solution already in CRM to make the process work accordig to the schedule of the owner or do I have to solve it with a parallel developement. Thanks, Irene ...

Outlook Rules Stopped Working #2
I am using Outlook 2003 and have some simple rules setup that move messages to folders based on who they are addressed to (for newslists I am subscribed to). Suddenly the rules have completely stopped working. I have tried deleting them and readding them and they still don't work. If I go to the rules wizard and run them, they process the mail correctly. Please help. Does anybody have a recommendation? I've looked through postings in the group, but cannot find a solution. Thanks. "Harlan" <heiber-nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:MB_bd.13291$Ir3.6...

Some Excel formatting functions taking a long time to work
Excel 2000 SP3 When I first use some formatting functions for the first time in a session, such as bold, increasing font size etc, it takes up to 30 seconds to wok. Meantime Excel is locked up until it completes that formatting call. Has anyone experienced this? How to fix (other than a complete re- install) ? Any advice appreciated. Piri Hi, I haven't used 2000 in a while but if my memory serves me your problem is the programs normal behavior. I suspect microsoft code these areas as separate items that need to be attached when they are first used in a session. This no longer is t...

Sales Report filtered by time, Z Report filtered by date
Does anyone have any Z summary reports that can be filtered by day, week, etc Also does anyone have a sales summary report that can be filtered by date and time. (Our liquor store is open untill 1 AM and I can't get the broken out sales over the "two day" period once sales has started on the next day? Thank you so much in advance. There is a combined Z report on the Jean Holland web site (I believe) that does exactly what you want it to do. In regards to (sales) reports by date and time: I asked the same question a week or so ago in this NG but didn't get any soluti...

"Work Offline" Menu Bar
Hello, With Outlook 2003, on the File Menu we have the "Work Offline" menu right above the "EXIT" menu. We all know how users are and sometime my users think they are seleting EXIT when indeed they selected "WORK OFFLINE" the next time they Open Outlook they think our Mail Server is Down, which it isn't just that they have "Work Offline" selected. I want to be able to do One of 2 things: 1. Remove the "Work Ofline" all together or 2. Move the "Work Offline" up a couple of places on the Menu Bar so it is not right ne...

Find the age from date of birth
Hi ther Is there any function in excel capable of determinating one's age (and changing it at every birthday) from one's date of birth. The problem is I have a group of around 10 thousand persons to keep and sometiems I forget to actualize it manually Thanks in advance Antonio, You can use the DATEDIF function. For example, =DATEDIF(birthday,TODAY(),"y") See www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm for more information about the DATEDIF function. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Ant´┐Żnio" <anon...

Chart - X Axis is Dates
I have an x-y chart which plotes dates (Mondays) along the x axis and number of widgets up the y axis. Currenly the x axis lables comprises of a date for each ordinate. I'd like the x axis to show months only, but I'd still like to retain all of the data points on my chart (i.e. weekly). Can anyone advise me how to do that. TIA ...

VB Components not working on Different Computers
On one of my MS Excel document, I have developed VB GUI components, such as a CommonDialog component for opening/saving a data file, triggered by a button link to a macro. For example, Sub buttonclick () { ... Sheet1.CommonDialog1.xxx... ... } The EXcel document works on my computer, on my friend's computer, but it doesn't work for the people we sent it to, for their own perusal. So I tried opening and running the Excel document on another computer, which has the same VB version installed (VBA 6.3). However, it breaks with error saying that there is a library error and it couldn...

Working Weeks
I want excel to display the dates of the working weeks. I know that this can be accomplised by using the WORKDAYS Function bu dont know how. It should be possible to put the year's date in a cell and then th formual can then display all the working weeks within that year simmilary the same can be done for a month. Any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can can get sequential workdays (M-F) and exclude holidays by entering this in A2 and filling down: =WORKDAY(A1,1,$G$1:$G$9) where A1 is the first date and your holidays (the dates, not the holiday names) are...