Weird Spacing Problem

I have two users that when they type an email in CRM and then click
Save, it adds about 15 to 20 line spaces at the top of the document.
To test, I used  the same Contact, clicked email, then Save and it
didn't do it for me.  But then I had him go in to that Contact and
open the email I had just created and it immediately added 15-20 lines
at the top (that he can't get rid of).  If he sends the email it
leaves the lines and appears like it's a big, blank email.

Anyone seen anything like this?  I thought at first maybe it was an OL
2003 thing because I'm still on 2000, but I tested another user at
this site on 2003 and it worked fine.
0
klawson
5/17/2004 8:46:43 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I found the reason.  It's due to an addin product called hotbar.com.

Don't load it!
0
klawson

Multiple Virtual Server Problems
Hi! I have problem with multiple POP3/IMAP4 virtual servers on Exchange 2003. I have Default Virtual Server POP3/IMAP4 and wanted to create the second secure server with the same IP address. The created second virtual server (POP3 or IMAP4) cannot be startet. There is an eventview warning: Event ID: 1036 Source: POP3Svc Category: General Error-Massage: “An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange POP3 Service: server instance number 2 failed to start with error 0x800cc801.” All my port and IP configurations for virtual servers are correct. I have the following configurations ...

problems with linked presentations...
I recently recieved instructions on how to put together a presentation that allowed a group of slides to loop and then had other presentations linked in to allow a flow from one presentation to the other, but when i send the presentation to others for them to view (and then when the meeting is taking place it will be viewd through live meeting, etc) the links do not update because they are found on my desktop. Is there anything I can do to allow others to view this presentations on a computer other than mine? Below is the link that provided me with instructions on how to create h...

Weird Opening Document
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 I just received a Word 2003 document as an email attachment. When I opened the attachment, it launched Word 2003 on my system. Although Office 2003 still resides on my system, I am using Office 2007. I have received 2003 Word documents as email attachments before, and when I open the attachment it always launches Word 2007. Any idea what would cause an email attachment to launch Word 2003 this time??? My guess: Because the file extension was .doc and the default file format in Word 2007 is .docx Daddy "BK" <nosp...

space removal #2
what is that --"concatenate" ?? thank -- ROL ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ROLG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1606 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27521 hi, concatenate mean put togeather. =concatenate(A1,B1) would combine the cell contents of A1 and B1. this is used for text more than numbers because it turns the numbers into text. >-----Original Message----- > >what is that --"concatenate" ?? thanks > > >-- >ROLG ...

WEIRD FOLDER
I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called: {bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3} Is this folder needed? If not can I delete it? Thanks Paul "PAUL" <pkoukos@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:992BA7CD-6A82-46CD-9876-B7F69E8401D3@microsoft.com... > I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called: > {bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3} > > Is this folder needed? If not can I delete it? > > Thanks > > Paul It's most likely a temp folder used by installing of some program. It should b...

Problem with Outlook #3
Yesterday I upgraded my Outlook Express to Version 6.0. Since I did this, when I try and bring it up, it asks for my password, then freezes up. After many tries,including rebooting several times, I gave up. This morning it did the same thing again. After the second try, it finally went in to my e-mail. I am sure that I will have problems again with it. Any thoughts to what may be causing this? I am going to leave my Outlook Express up, so I can read the responses. If I shut it down, I am not sure that I can pull it up. My e-mail is 1Combs1@comcast.net Hi, Cathy - This is a gr...

Modifying footer tabs creates unwanted line spacing changes
Using Word 2007 with customized page layout and paragraph, number, and bullet styles set to single line spacing with 6 points after. On occasion, I need to add or move a tab position in a header and/or footer. After moving the tab, ALL of the text in the body of the document will revert to the Word 2007 (default) expanded line spacing. This includes all heading styles, normal, body text, list number, list bullet, etc. This is especially an issue if I use the "Tabs" button from the "Paragraph" dialog box. Has anyone else experience this, and is there some way t...

LoadXml causing extra space in abbreviated end tag
Using .NET Framework 1.1 and Visual Studio .NET 2003. Language is VB.NET. When loading an XML String using XMLDocument.LoadXml we are getting an extra space inserted into abbreviated end tags: objXmlDoc.XmlResolver = Nothing objXmlDoc.LoadXml(XmlData) .... .... objXmlDoc.InnerXml (gets written to database) eg <blah/> becomes <blah /> (note extra space) Is there any way to prevent this from happening?? "Matt Bush" <MattBush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9F90E12-F137-4F1E-8423-00F1E7E23A1E@microsoft.com... > objXmlDoc.InnerXml (gets writt...

problem converting doc to pdf

Outlook Problem -- Closing itself down as soon as it is opened
I am using Outlook 2003 and sometimes when I click the icon to open the program it opens up, but then a second later closes down. Even the little icon in the system tray disappears. It doesn't happen each time I open the program but it is happening rather frequently. Does anyone know what's happening here? Thanks, Jake Cripes, that's not even time enough to click on hotbabe.jpg.pif "Jake" <someone@someplace.com> wrote in message news:%23H09oyhWEHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I am using Outlook 2003 and sometimes when I click the icon to open the >...

weird symbol instead of comma in address?
I have Office 2007 and I am using the Publisher with the mail merge to populate the addresses in thank-you cards to be mailed out. The only problem is that the comma between the city and state does not look like a comma but a small right triangle without the hypotenuse. What do I need to do for the comma to appear correctly in the address? Are you using a decorative font? I can't duplicate your issue. Is the comma in the city field or are you manually adding it? Personally I don't use the comma any longer. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Susan" <dsnsac...

Redraw problem
I have a dialog based app which has a row of buttons at the bottom of the client area and a slider just above the buttons. When the dialog window is re-sized I set the position of the buttons and a slider so that they are always at the bottom of the dialog's client area. This works OK except that if I resize the dialog vertically by dragging its top or bottom up and down repeatedly *rapidly*, the buttons and slider end up with fragments of other controls drawn across them. For example the slider has bits of the button text across it. I can't get rid of these fragments unless I forc...

import pst problems
I've had to reload Office 2000. I am now trying to import the Outlook backup I made, which is a .pst file. I'm following the import directions, Outlook is performing the task, but nothing is showing up - I am unable to see any of my contacts, emails, or folders I created. HELP! I'm desperate! thanks, and please reply to: daphna@omniummarketing.com Daphna .. Do NOT import. Use File->Open->Outlook Data File. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent ...

Calendar Reminder Pop Up Problems
I can't find an solution to this problem - if I'm not currently in Outlook when a reminder comes due it doesn't become my active window - it displays behind what I'm working on - therefore not making it a very good "reminder" - how do I get the popups to be the active windows. I using Outlook 2003 with XP I'm not sure this will do it but.. right click in the taskbar, select properties Clear or click (depending on what it is) "group similar taskbar buttons." >-----Original Message----- >I can't find an solution to this problem - if I&...

Out of Memory Problem
Dear Sir, I have Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition, it is running in windows server 2003 standard edition server. When I try to send a mail through outlook express/Microsoft Outlook, I get the following error message The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'sankar.raja@prdcinfotech.com'. Subject 'Re: Test mail', Account: '192.168.0.200', Server: '192.168.0.200', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '452 4.3.1 Out of memory', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Err...

Problem with Office database #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Received message indicating Office cannon access the database and/or the database is damage. I am having trouble locating the database utility. I am new to the MAC. On 9/20/09 9:37 AM, in article 59b7cdf1.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "cjtwms@officeformac.com" <cjtwms@officeformac.com> wrote: > Received message indicating Office cannon access the database and/or the > database is damage. I am having trouble locating the database utility. I am > new to the MAC. Are you using Entourage for your em...

Weird Spacing Problem
I have two users that when they type an email in CRM and then click Save, it adds about 15 to 20 line spaces at the top of the document. To test, I used the same Contact, clicked email, then Save and it didn't do it for me. But then I had him go in to that Contact and open the email I had just created and it immediately added 15-20 lines at the top (that he can't get rid of). If he sends the email it leaves the lines and appears like it's a big, blank email. Anyone seen anything like this? I thought at first maybe it was an OL 2003 thing because I'm still on 2000, but I t...

Weird shifting
I have two odd things happening in my document that I don't *think* are related, but who knows...? I'm using Word 2007 and I have a template that I created specifically for this document. It is a very convoluted template based on obsolete military style guides that I have no say in. I have 7 heading levels and each heading level has numbered procedural steps. Each heading level indents one step from the next higher heading, so by the time I get to the highest heading level my left indent is about 3". Crazy, but like I said, I have no say in the format. Anyhoo... w...

Problems with Sincronization
hi again today have a problem, i have an HQ database with 180,000 items. I need to transmit to all SO stores and i use the Worksheet 260 to download the items in the stores. But, when the store starts the sincronization around 45 minutes before to hq client start to procces the Worksheet and give me a error about the TIME CONECTION (The wait time was ended), and give me this: UPDATE Item SET TagAlongItem = ISNULL(A.ID,0) FROM #Temp JOIN Item ON #Temp.HQID = ItemHQID LEFT JOIN Item AS A ON (#Temp.TagAlongItem0A.HQID) AND (A.HQID <>0) SELECT @@ROWCOUNT AS REcorsAffected. Although thi...

Excel 2003
Thanks Gord for the reply. I understand your suggestions as to what to do when the file has bee finally extracted, however, I want to avoid this issue prior to th import. Something must have changed in Excel's 2003 Import Wizard make up fo this to start happening. Thanks again. Paul -- LEXCER ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LEXCERM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1521 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26851 ...

Problem to use fmode function
Hi, I have a problem to use fmode function in visual C++ If i use : fmode(-2,10) i obtain 0. But in using Microsoft Excel MODE function like this : MODE(-2;10) i obtain 8 Where is the problem. Thanks in advance ...

Weird scrolling problem with folders
I am having a really weird problem with my storage folders and scrolling to the bottom folder in the list. At the bottom of my email account list ( I have 15 email accounts, mostly imap), I have Outbox and underneath it Storage folders. I have a dozen or so folders in storage folders. When I expand storage folders and try to scroll down to the last item and click on it, the list will jump up , it will frequently jump back up a couple of items, and I can't see the bottom of the list. Does anyone have a bunch of folders in Storage folders, and does this happen to you? YOu have ...

Beginning scripting and have a problem
I'm trying to get into understanding scripting and I have a book "Microsoft Windows Scripting self-paced Learning Guide" by Ed Wilson. The second example in the book is the following: Option Explicit 'On Error Resume Next Dim objShell Dim regActiveComputerName, regComputerName, regHostName Dim ActiveComputerName, ComputerName, HostName regActiveComputerName = "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control \ComputerName\ActiveComputerName" 'Wscript.Echo regActiveComputerName regComputerName = "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\" & _ ...

Pivot table problem #12
While not an expert at pivot tables, I've done them a few times and never seen this problem... I'm using the piviot table wizrd and keep getting the error that my 'pivot table field name is not valid'. Is this referring to the column headings? They are simple names like date, product code, location. I can't get past this to set up my pivot table format. Please help...report due on Monday!! There's probably a hidden column that has a blank heading cell, or you've included a blank column at the end of the range. KikiMarie wrote: > While not an expert at...

Date problems
Using Excel 2003. I am using dates with the format .... yyyy/mm/dd in a Genealogy worksheet. When I input dates in the 1900 range I get all sorts of problems .... showing as ########### because they do not fit into the column width as 1899 does. When I widen the column the 1900 date offsets two spaces to the right. I can make it look right by playing with the width of the column. Sorting the column of dates puts the 1900 dates in various orders - top middle and bottom. Any ideas? Where can I access Excel FAQ's. Thanks Gerry Hi Gerry, Since you mention 1899 dates I assume you ...