Web Login Problem

I have just installed a copy of CRM.  I have been shutting this down most
evenings when I finish working with it.  However, people are now using this
so I am leaving it up over-night.  The first time that I did this I found
that the next day no-one could login.  When they accessed the site http://sbs
the status bar reported opening site and nothing happened for 10-15 mins,
then an error was finally returned.  I rebooted the server and everything was
fine.  I now find that this happens every night, so I re-installed CRM and
attached the original database but this is still happening.

Has anyone else experienced this behavour?  Is seems that if the server is
up for more than 24 hours, no-one can connect.  I have tried restarting IIS,
CRM, Crystal, SQL and netlogon services to no effect.  Also, I find sometimes
that the crystal security service cannot be stopped and hangs on stopping, so
I need to kill this process before I can restart it.  The only thing I can do
is to restart the server to resolve the issue.

We are running SBS2003 and CRM1.2

Thanks in advance,

Mike
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_177329D1

Hi Mike,

How much Memory and available memory is on the server?  How many CRM users
do you have trying to access the application during the day?  Also you
mentioned that you had gotten an error message when you tried to access the
web page - do you know what this error message was?  Do you see any error
messages in the Application event log on the CRM server?  If so, can you
let me know what they are.

There has also been a hotfix roll-up that has been released for CRM 1.2.
Here is the link to that roll-up - you will want to apply it to the CRM
server:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;892949

Thank you Mike,

Tami
Microsoft CRM
------=_NextPart_0001_177329D1

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Mike,
\par
\par How much Memory and available memory is on the server?  How many CRM users do you have trying to access the application during the day?  Also you mentioned that you had gotten an error message when you tried to access the web page - do you know what this error message was?  Do you see any error messages in the Application event log on the CRM server?  If so, can you let me know what they are.
\par
\par There has also been a hotfix roll-up that has been released for CRM 1.2.  Here is the link to that roll-up - you will want to apply it to the CRM server:
\par
\par http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;892949
\par
\par Thank you Mike,
\par
\par Tami
\par Microsoft CRM
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_177329D1--

0
tlemar
10/3/2005 2:14:05 PM
Could be totally out of the blue, but if this is a new server that you've set
up have you checked to make sure the NIC card is not set to go into sleep
mode after not being used for a certain period of time? This shouldn't be a
problem, but I've seen this happen on a few occasions.
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"MikeSwann" wrote:

> I have just installed a copy of CRM.  I have been shutting this down most
> evenings when I finish working with it.  However, people are now using this
> so I am leaving it up over-night.  The first time that I did this I found
> that the next day no-one could login.  When they accessed the site http://sbs
> the status bar reported opening site and nothing happened for 10-15 mins,
> then an error was finally returned.  I rebooted the server and everything was
> fine.  I now find that this happens every night, so I re-installed CRM and
> attached the original database but this is still happening.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this behavour?  Is seems that if the server is
> up for more than 24 hours, no-one can connect.  I have tried restarting IIS,
> CRM, Crystal, SQL and netlogon services to no effect.  Also, I find sometimes
> that the crystal security service cannot be stopped and hangs on stopping, so
> I need to kill this process before I can restart it.  The only thing I can do
> is to restart the server to resolve the issue.
>
> We are running SBS2003 and CRM1.2
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mike
Hi Tami,

Thanks for your response.

The server is a Xeon 2.4GHz with 1 GB RAM.  There are currently 3 people
trying to access the server.  However, when we were experiencing the problem
there was only myself (as no-one else could gain access and I was
troubleshooting).  I can't remember what the error message was, sorry.

There were some error messages being reported in the eventvwr when I tried
restarting IIS and the CRM Security service.  One message related to Event ID
7031 and 7031 IIS Admin Service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 18
times.  The 7031 message related to POP, routing or smtp depending on which
exchange services were started at the time.  The other message related to
CRMAppPool.  Stating that is was in uses at the time of restarting.

Also, I will apply the rollup today.

Have you any other thoughts?

"Tami Lemar" wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> How much Memory and available memory is on the server?  How many CRM users
> do you have trying to access the application during the day?  Also you
> mentioned that you had gotten an error message when you tried to access the
> web page - do you know what this error message was?  Do you see any error
> messages in the Application event log on the CRM server?  If so, can you
> let me know what they are.
>
> There has also been a hotfix roll-up that has been released for CRM 1.2.
> Here is the link to that roll-up - you will want to apply it to the CRM
> server:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;892949
>
> Thank you Mike,
>
> Tami
> Microsoft CRM
------=_NextPart_0001_21D0C0AA

Hi Mike,

Did applying the rollup make any difference at all?  If not, could you
please attach a screen shot of the error message, along with the event logs
from the CRM server and I will review them to see what I can find.

Thank you!
Tami
------=_NextPart_0001_21D0C0AA

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Mike,
\par
\par Did applying the rollup make any difference at all?  If not, could you please attach a screen shot of the error message, along with the event logs from the CRM server and I will review them to see what I can find.
\par
\par Thank you!
\par Tami
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_21D0C0AA--

0
tlemar
10/5/2005 3:05:15 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_2D4EAA9C

Hi Mike,

I was just checking in to see how things are going with this thread.
Please update me when you can.

Thank you - and have a nice weekend!
Tami
------=_NextPart_0001_2D4EAA9C

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Mike,
\par
\par I was just checking in to see how things are going with this thread.  Please update me when you can.
\par
\par Thank you - and have a nice weekend!
\par Tami
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_2D4EAA9C--

0
tlemar
10/7/2005 8:38:18 PM
Morning Tami,

Yes, applying the roll-up did seem to fix the problem.  Everything seems to
be working fine now thank you.

Thanks for your help

Mike

"Tami Lemar" wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> I was just checking in to see how things are going with this thread.
> Please update me when you can.
>
> Thank you - and have a nice weekend!
> Tami

Creating Appointments from Web Pages
Hello All, I want to create an appointment in Outlook when the user clicks on a link on the web page. Can anybody please tell me about the ways and the tools that are available to this? Thanks in advance, Satyajit Bhagwat Use Outlook to create an appointment, then save it as an .ics iCalendar = file. Put the file on your web site and add a link to it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Problem solved
I have downloaded the updates for windows, as i realised it's now an older version of windows etc. Outlook works fine now :) Marjon. ...

Saving a web page with a background sound
I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp server for my Comcast webspace. If I publish my website without a background sound it is fine, but as soon as I add a .wav file as a background sound through web properties in Publisher, I get an error that Pulisher can not save this file to the web. Does anyone have any suggestions. I forgot this info. I am using Publisher2000 and when I preview the web page in Publisher, the preview plays the sound. "Marland" wrote: > I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp > ...

Relay Problems, NEED Help
Hello! I just moved my Internet Connector from 5.5 to 2003. Here comes the problem. I have one main domain name(abc.com) and then I also host another domain name(efg.com) that some of my people use. Here is the problem, right after I moved the Connector, my efg.com people can't recieve any mail. NDRs come back saying replaying is not allowed for this domain. I really don't want to open up relaying for obvious reasons, but do need to get the connector to also accept mail for efg.com domain. Can someone help? Make sure efg.com is configured in your recipient policy. htt...

Problem with being diconnected form DB.
We moved GP9 from SQL2000, Server 2000 to a new server with SQL 2005, Server 2003. Every works great, but every once in a while a user seems to get disconnected from the server, almost like a timeout. We don't know if the problem is coming from GP, SQL, or Server 2003. Does anyone have any ideas what may cause this? Another application that has databases on the same server throws an error that the session has been terminated by the user logging on a second time or by the administrator. Both of these errors seem to occur when the user has been idle for a period of time and then tries...

Web Query Question
I'm updating sports scores in excel 2002, The first set of Columns Are the Team Names and the Final Score of the Game (These 2 columns update after each game). My other 2 columns are used for notes and other information. When ever I refresh the data, the first 2 sets of columns update, however the notes for the game stays in the same place. How do I get my other 2 columns to move down the page with the old scores. Please help, because this is driving me crazy! If I need to explain further Please dont hesitate to ask!! Thank you, Matt Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:22:00 -0800 from So...

OWA2003 server side rule problem
Hi there, Exchange 2003 running on W2K3 server with BE & FE, BE is also runs AD. Now via FE's OWA, I login & create rule there to auto fwd "send only to me" emails to my personal pop3 mailbox. I found that when exchange receive emails, it did auto fwd a copy out, however my personal pop3 mailbox never receive it. From ESM msg tracking, it said at backend server, date/time SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store date/time SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing date/time SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue date/time SMTP: Message Submitted ...

Problem with MessageBox and UpdateData
Hello, I develop a small MFC application when I put a button I can open my hard disk and I choose a file. After to have choose, size and name of the file are implemented in two variable of my new class. In fact, to reduce my source file, I add a source fille (.cpp) where I declare my function who open my hard directory, this is my source code : CString choix_film(int m_taille,CString m_essai2,CString m_essai1){ CString OpenFilter; OpenFilter = "All Files (*.*)|*.*||"; CString s; CFileDialog FileOpenDialog(TRUE,NULL,NULL,OFN_FILEMUSTEXIST|OFN_HIDEREADONLY|OFN_PATHMUSTEXIST,OpenF...

office outlook web access 8.1.375.2
The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do I as a user or as an admin, change the default settings for this truncation so more characters are displayed? > The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields > of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the > list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do > I as a user or ...

Offline Address Book problems...
Here's the setup: DC: Win2k sp4 Exchange: Win2003; Exchange 2003 When trying to sync Outlook 2003 I'm getting 0x8004010f error in outlook when it tries to sync the OAB. I would like to rebuild the OAB to see if that would solve the problem, but I'm not sure it will. If I do decide to try the rebuild, will it really hurt the performance of Exchange? Should I wait until after hours to do this? Thanks. Brad It should not impact the performance. Rebuilding the OAB will also likely fix this problem and would have been the first thing I would have recommended. -- Ben Win...

Speakers and full screen problem
I'm running XP 2 and finally got WMP 10 to stop shutting off my computer. now, only one speaker is picking up the sound. All the volume controls are unmuted and I installed the codecs associated to version 10. (I think I got them all anyway) The speakers are plugged in correctly and are functional in other devices. The WAVE balance option causes all sound to stop when sliding it to the right. Anyone know what, if any extra downloads required with the 10 version or hotfixes that might correct this? Also, I have the full screen option set to auto-hide the menu bar but...

CComboBox problem
Hi, I need to make CComboBox edit control stretchable with the mouse, something like in IE address box, that user can drag the right corner e.g. more to the right. Is it hard to do? thanks It's not hard. You can change the size (width only) of a combo box by calling SetWindowPos() or MoveWindow(). The harder part is intercepting the events that indicate the window must be resized and handling all that correctly. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "azuro" <ad@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O8tHe$atGHA.1888@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gb...

Really weird attachment problem.
There is one company that we cannot send attachments to. The message goes through but the attachment is not there. There is no error or indication that there was an attachment. We are using Exchange 2003 with ESafe SMTP gateway for virus protection. I have been able to confirm that it is not the ESafe software causing the problem by bypassing ESafe for sending external e-mails. Whats weird is that if I look in message tracking normaly I will see the e-mail gateway of the recipient listed with the message "Message transferred to mail.whatever-domain.com through SMTP". In the...

Exclusive use Problem
My office is having a problem with multiple individuals in a file at the same time. These files are supposed to be in an exclusive use format where one individual has the file locked for editing. Others are supposed to be only able to view the file in read only format. Sometimes there is a glitch and two people on the network will be allowed to be in the file at the same time, and both will be allowed to make changes within the file. Does anyone know why this occurs? Thanks. ...

Problems using xs:anyAttribute in a base class
I using anyAttribute in a base class and this is causing problems in a derived class. I then use xsd to generate C# classes that serialize and deserialze XML. The following schema is what I'm using: <xs:complexType name="BaseType"> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="ObjectID" type="xs:integer" /> <xs:element name="Name" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /> </xs:sequence> <xs:anyAttribute processContents="strict" /> </xs:complexT...

11.3.3 update causes Problems
I have autoupdates turned on, and this is the first update that has caused problems for me. I've figured out that post-update (which has been applied 3 times), if Entourage is running, I can not launch Word, Excel, or Powerpoint. I get an error telling me that it cannot load the Shared Libraries. If Entourage is not running, everything starts fine. I can then start Entourage. This is extremely inconvenient, as I use Entourage for my work email. What's the workaround for this? Is there a known issue with the updated? I am running MacOS X 10.4.8 on a 15" MacBook Pro with the...

Web Query #5
Hello, I am using Excel 2003. Are there web pages that do not allow you to use the web query function in Excel? I have found when trying to use the Web Query, in some cases, when I click IMPORT, I do not get any results. It either comes up blank or I get a banner/message that is not on the actual page I trying to import! Thanks ...

Publisher printing problems
My employer is running for office and asked me to make up some flyers in Publisher that he could have printed and cut into thirds. I have all my margins set to zero, but when I use the print preview, the left margin cuts off part of the image. I'm unsure whether it's Publisher or the printer doing this; let's just say, regardless, my employer has an array of flyer sizes due to the way I had to position them. I'm using Publisher 2003 and the HP Officejet Pro L7555 All-in-one printer (however, we're having them printed at OfficeMax, so I'm assuming the problem is in P...

Budget problem in 2005 #2
I have previously setup my budget in MS 2004. When I upgraded to 2005, the default setting is Essential budget. When I click the link to switch to the Advanced setting - it cycles like the program is trying to do something but ultimately defaults back to the original essential view. Is there a way to repair this problem in '05? Steve I would guess a repair on the file would be the first point of call. Take a backup of the file and then use the repair options on the file-> menu -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...

problem..
I have a problem, here is structure: sheet1 a1 "text" sheet2 a1 "text" a2 number "2" In sheet1 (a3) I need to write some formula which will search for word "text" from sheet1 in sheet2, and when it founds word" text" in sheet2 it needs to write number in sheet1(a3) which stands by word "text" in sheet 2( in this case sheet2(a2= number 2)). Do you understand what I want? Thank you! =INDEX(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$1000,MATCH(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$1000,0)+1) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "KisH (Tihomir)" <kish89MAKNI@gmail.com...

Viewing Access Reports on Web page prompts download
My Issue is related to knowledge base article 921025. The solution in the article fixes our problem perfectly but the issue is that every time new windows update patches are installed (once a month) this registry key is changed back to its original state. This is causing havoc because every month we have a mob of angry users who cannot view important production information until we can reapply the work around to all the pc's in the plant! Is there a more permanent solution we can put in place? What we did was switch from snp to pdf and uploading those instead. GEFanucJP wrote: &...

error problem
when trying to insert picture I get error Microsoft Publisher has encountered a problem and needs to close. W are sorry for the inconvenience. this happens only if I search fo picture in c: drive, in other drives it's fine, drive error happens a soon as i click "look in" and select c: don't know if this would help but if i click "To see what data erro report contains it shows the following error signature: AppName: mspub.exe AppVer: 10.0.6308.0 ModName: libmplayer.dll ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0001100 -- bgjjPosted from - http://www.officehelp.i Thought I'd c...

Contacts Folder Problem
Outlook version: 2003 When in a Distribution List, I click on [Select Members] and get this MS Office Outlook message: The list could not be displayed. The Contacts Folder associated with this address could not be opened; It may have been moved or delected, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Outlook Office Outlook Help. [OK] I would appreciate advice on how to fix. -- Larry Bohen www.audiobooksonline.com Reset the connection between the Outlook Address Book and your Contact Folder. Go to Tools | E-mail account...

having a problem creating a histogram with an in between range
excel's standard graphs do not allow me to do an in between range for a histogram. Is there any way I can make each bar a range instead of a number with no spaces between bars? here's a drawing of what I'm looking for: http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2511/histogramzi0.jpg ...

Works fine in PUB and WEB Preview
Hello all - I apologize for my neophyteness in advance. Everything works fine in PUB. When I look at the web preview it looks fine. When I publish it to disk IE'ing from the HTML works fine. When I place it on the web the links for subsequent pages in the guidance bar on the left side (the pre-canned feature in PUB) do not link. They go to a blank page. I have placed all files in exactly the same folders on the web as they are on disk after publishing. You can see it at: geocities.com/ucstrandview THanks in advance for the help. MP Publisher - Uploading Articles on publishing ...