Web Based UI

Hi,

Does MsCRM have any web based UI?
We need our sales team access to the CRM database from the internet, Is that
possible?

Thanks,
Ali

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Yes.  You should be able to go to http://[servername] to get to the web
interface.  Sometimes you need to enter http://[servername]/loader.aspx
first to get the browser to load it properly.  The web interface is much
faster than the Outlook interface.

Paul

"A.M" <IHateSpam@sapm123.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does MsCRM have any web based UI?
> We need our sales team access to the CRM database from the internet, Is
that
> possible?
>
> Thanks,
> Ali

0
Paul
1/22/2004 4:04:45 PM
The implementation guide for CRM talks about allowing access to CRM from the
internet.

"A.M" <IHateSpam@sapm123.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does MsCRM have any web based UI?
> We need our sales team access to the CRM database from the internet, Is
that
> possible?
>
> Thanks,
> Ali

0
John

Creating Appointments from Web Pages
Hello All, I want to create an appointment in Outlook when the user clicks on a link on the web page. Can anybody please tell me about the ways and the tools that are available to this? Thanks in advance, Satyajit Bhagwat Use Outlook to create an appointment, then save it as an .ics iCalendar = file. Put the file on your web site and add a link to it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Saving a web page with a background sound
I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp server for my Comcast webspace. If I publish my website without a background sound it is fine, but as soon as I add a .wav file as a background sound through web properties in Publisher, I get an error that Pulisher can not save this file to the web. Does anyone have any suggestions. I forgot this info. I am using Publisher2000 and when I preview the web page in Publisher, the preview plays the sound. "Marland" wrote: > I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp > ...

counting dates <= 7 days ago based on criteria in a diff column
I have a spreadsheet that holds all tasks for a project. Column D holds a catagory and column Q holds the date closed. I need a formula (on a separate sheet) that counts all tasks of a specific category that were closed in the past 7 days. I already have a formula that calculates all tasks that were closed in the past 7 days, just need to add the additional criterion of the category. Hi, Try this =sumproduct((sheet1!D2:D30=A2)*((today()-sheet1!Q2:Q30)=7)) A2 on sheet2 has the specific category for which you want to count the closed tasks -- Regards, Ashish Mathur...

grouping mails based "read" status
I want to group mails based on the read status. UnRead mails should b one group and read messages in another group. I searched for th "Customizing Views", but I could not figure. Any idea from the group? Ramesh ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't think you can group by read status. You could sort by the Icon column... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to t...

Role-based authentication from active directory
Hello, I want certain pages of my website visible only to a particular role in the network (Active Directory) How do I check for authentication from active directory (role-based) Eg-- I want the only managers in the active directory to access a particular page. Please provide me some code by which I can achieve this. Thanks On Feb 15, 8:31=A0pm, "Biranchi Narayan Panda" <biranchi_pa...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I want certain pages of my website visible only to a particular role in t= he > network (Active Directory) > > H...

Web Query Question
I'm updating sports scores in excel 2002, The first set of Columns Are the Team Names and the Final Score of the Game (These 2 columns update after each game). My other 2 columns are used for notes and other information. When ever I refresh the data, the first 2 sets of columns update, however the notes for the game stays in the same place. How do I get my other 2 columns to move down the page with the old scores. Please help, because this is driving me crazy! If I need to explain further Please dont hesitate to ask!! Thank you, Matt Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:22:00 -0800 from So...

Set value based on dat entry in another form
Hi all, On my main entry form I have a check box ("Has Complaint") and when the user clicks on cmdAddComplaint (opening frmComplaint in add mode) the check box is set to true. If for some reason there is no complaint added and they close frmComplaint, returning to the main entry form, how can I reset the check box to false. Thank You, Nick Nick X <Nicknnator (no) @ (spam) aol.123com> wrote: >On my main entry form I have a check box ("Has Complaint") and when the user >clicks on cmdAddComplaint (opening frmComplaint in add mode) the check box is >set...

office outlook web access 8.1.375.2
The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do I as a user or as an admin, change the default settings for this truncation so more characters are displayed? > The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields > of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the > list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do > I as a user or ...

Problems using xs:anyAttribute in a base class
I using anyAttribute in a base class and this is causing problems in a derived class. I then use xsd to generate C# classes that serialize and deserialze XML. The following schema is what I'm using: <xs:complexType name="BaseType"> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="ObjectID" type="xs:integer" /> <xs:element name="Name" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" /> </xs:sequence> <xs:anyAttribute processContents="strict" /> </xs:complexT...

Web Query #5
Hello, I am using Excel 2003. Are there web pages that do not allow you to use the web query function in Excel? I have found when trying to use the Web Query, in some cases, when I click IMPORT, I do not get any results. It either comes up blank or I get a banner/message that is not on the actual page I trying to import! Thanks ...

Updating selected area in OnPaint in a dialog based application
I have a rather difficult to explain issue and would try again if the information below is unclear. We have a dialog based application which consists of a few controls (3/4th screen) and a graphical area (1/4th screen). My job is to implement selection of any part of the screen and then either paste it in a document or print to the printer. I am able to implement selection of any part of the client area and then either copying it to the clipboard or sending it to printer. I have a problem with maintaining the selection after the window is re-painted for any reason. I am basically using PatBl...

Viewing Access Reports on Web page prompts download
My Issue is related to knowledge base article 921025. The solution in the article fixes our problem perfectly but the issue is that every time new windows update patches are installed (once a month) this registry key is changed back to its original state. This is causing havoc because every month we have a mob of angry users who cannot view important production information until we can reapply the work around to all the pc's in the plant! Is there a more permanent solution we can put in place? What we did was switch from snp to pdf and uploading those instead. GEFanucJP wrote: &...

Alternating color based on a group in 2007
I have a report that I woul like to alternate the color for each group in 2007 I thougth I knew how to do this but it is not working for me at all. Any suggestions Are you trying to alternate the color for each record? If so, open the report in design view, select the Detail section, and set the Alternate Back Color property. If you want to alternate the color for entire groups (not for each record), you could do that with a combination of Running Sum and either Conditional Formatting or Format event: 1. Place a text box in your Group Header, and give it these properties: Control S...

Works fine in PUB and WEB Preview
Hello all - I apologize for my neophyteness in advance. Everything works fine in PUB. When I look at the web preview it looks fine. When I publish it to disk IE'ing from the HTML works fine. When I place it on the web the links for subsequent pages in the guidance bar on the left side (the pre-canned feature in PUB) do not link. They go to a blank page. I have placed all files in exactly the same folders on the web as they are on disk after publishing. You can see it at: geocities.com/ucstrandview THanks in advance for the help. MP Publisher - Uploading Articles on publishing ...

Report Web Access
Hi, I need make a report to check the users of my network that access the Outlook Web Access from outside. Do you know how i can do this? Thanks Alvaro You can use a web log analyser on the logs generated by IIS on the OWA server. Regards Paul "Alvaro" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08fb01c3db68$3b4bc910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I need make a report to check the users of my network that > access the Outlook Web Access from outside. Do you know > how i can do this? > Thanks > > Alvaro "Alvaro" <ano...

Web Browsing on my Ameritrade
Really like the Money 2007 interface, tightly integrating the browser is a great way to integrate all the other online accounts and services. I've set up all my financial browser links and don't even bother opening the browser when I'm checking potential investments. Direct access to my bank server is so much better than the old download method. Ahead of its time IMHO. Couple of observations/ questions If anyone know someone connected with the software, I'd like to pass along a suggestion to see easier access to web favorites. Right now its a 3 click process to access ...

Writing to one trace file from Web Service
Presumably a trivial question... I want to write trace information from a web service to a log file using the Trace Class. Is this possible without closing and opening the Trace in every single web method? Code: public Webservice() System.IO.FileStream ts = new System.IO.FileStream(traceFile,System.IO.FileMode.Append); Trace.Listeners.Remove (Trace.Listeners[0]); Trace.Listeners.Add(new TextWriterTraceListener(ts)); Trace.WriteLine("Constructor " + System.DateTime.Now.ToString()); Trace.Close(); [WebMethod] public WebMethod () { System.IO.FileStream ts = ...

OneNote and file server based shared notebooks
Hi all! I seem to be getting a known error. When Office 2007 SP2 was applied to some systems, the users can no longer set up a shared notebook if it is on a file server. After looking, the problem seems to occur only on file servers that have IIS (WebDav specifically) running. Our server does! I can create shared notebooks in SharePoint document libraries, and on file servers that are not running IIS. I found this article, but does anyone know if a patch or fix was ever released? http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2008/01/16/onenote-2007-sp1-can-t-create-noteb...

Problems with Outlook Web Access in Exchange 2003
Has anyone noticed any issues with OWA in 2003? I have had a few users where if they go into their regular Outlook, they see tons of mail from various senders in their inbox. However, when they go into their Outlook Web Access, they do not see all of that mail in their inbox. They may only see mail going to certain groups they are members of. I also have users in which if they open a new email in OWA, as soon as they close it, it disappears from their inbox. And it doesn't show up in their Deleted folder. In both cases, I can export their mailbox as a pst, delete and recreate their a...

List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources
List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources http://www.geocities.com/freefreemyspace/ ...

Opening PPSX files from Web Pages
Anyone else having problems where PPSX files are opening in edit mode with Office 2007? And yes, I've edited IE to make sure it's opening correctly. I've seen others with the same problem, but no fix. Does anyone know of a fix to this? In article <496A37F7-72E6-4774-994F-8816C5E69871@microsoft.com>, Jjsmits9 wrote: > Anyone else having problems where PPSX files are opening in edit mode with > Office 2007? And yes, I've edited IE to make sure it's opening correctly. > > I've seen others with the same problem, but no fix. Does anyone...

run report on web page, import to excel

CDO 1.21-based program?
What are some examples of a CDO 1.21-based program as mentioned in KB892560? We are seeing the behavior mentioned in the KB and I am working on recreating the problem. TIA Do you have a program automatically using meeting requests? I would think that if your organization has such programs you should know about them. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "SilverICE" <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EECCB0A-2320-4A89-82A4-E3DA52B083D1@microsoft.com... > What are some examples of a CDO 1....

Publishing to the WEB #2
If I own a domain name, say rentalproperties.net, can I publish my website to the WWW by simply following the process prescribed by the help program? Where does the website file need to be stored in order for users to access the site? You need to ask your web host. There are literally a dozen different directories you need to publish to: /homepage, /http_docs, /public_html, /public_doc, etc. If you are using forms (and maybe other features) you will need to make sure your server supports Front Page Server Extensions. Your Web Host normally will send you an e-mail with the specifics in...

Replace Text Based on Variable Search
I have a db that has some older records that contain SSNs in the text. I can serch the record, to find the records needing to be updated, but I don't know how to write the Replace function. My search string is: Like "*#########*" or Like "*###-##-####*" Could someone help me with the code to update based on this criteria? Thanks. Sharkbyte On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 11:17:02 -0800, Sharkbyte <sharkbyte1@hotmail.com-> wrote: >I have a db that has some older records that contain SSNs in the text. I can >serch the record, to find the records n...