Wacky Default Values

I have a picklist in both my Contact and Account records with a default
value set.  If I create a new Contact or Account, this default value works
properly.

However, when I convert a Lead to either a Contact or Account, this value
appears in the record when it is pulled up, but it is displaying a blank in
all my views.

Has anyone experienced this situation and/or have any suggestions?

0
Cindy
5/16/2004 4:17:19 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

How to set default cell formattiing to vertical alignment = top ??
How to set 'Alignment', 'Vertical:' cell formatting to be 'Top' as default format for all new worksheets ? -- akm Thanks again for your help. ---- Ah, the miracle of computers!... someone also said "To error is human, but to really screw up it takes a computer!" Take a look at "default workbook" in XL Help. In article <563D9BF8-D599-43E6-9383-AB68FC7CBF01@microsoft.com>, akm <akm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to set 'Alignment', 'Vertical:' cell formatting to be 'Top' as default > format for...

Server Management console gone wacky after updates
This is a strange one. We updated our SBS 2003 R2 with these updates: http://i50.tinypic.com/15mn4n5.jpg Upon reboot, Server Management showed this problem 100% of the time in my profile on the server (admin-level account), and eventually in the Administrator account though not immediately: http://forums.msrportal.com/showthread.php?t=9843 Also, as described here in relation to the same problem, there are some weird icon/text issues that are highly reminiscent of GDI deficiencies on XP. Sometimes icons are missing in Explorer, sometimes the menu come up in the wrong font, etc...

How to change default formatting
How can I prevent Excel guessing what it thinks I want to type in a cell (mainly text). If I type in 1/2 it thinks I want 1st February 2003, but I just want "1/2" If I type in MAR01 it thinks I want 1st March 2003 but I just want "MAR01" etc etc Its a real pain! I knew about that one thanks. However I want to avoid having to do that every time. Any other ideas? -- "Kevin Stecyk" <stecyk@nohotspammail.com> wrote in message news:OGhujJanDHA.2732@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Ian, > > Try preceding the "text" with a single ' (apost...

Default Language in Publisher
How can I change the default language in MS Publisher 2003 to English (UK)? Go to Control Panel > Regional & Language Options, and dependent on what Windows version you have, Control Panel > Keyboard as well. ...

Pasting a value as an hyperlink
I have imported a list from a database of file paths to documents on our server, these data is currently formatted as 'General' Is there anyway of converting that value into a hyperlink to the said documents? If your list is the complete path and file name, then in an adjacent column you could just do: =3DHYPERLINK(A1) and copy this down. If you wish to you could fix the values and then you would not need column A. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 20, 4:14=A0pm, The Rook <TheR...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have imported a list from a data...

Font Size for Values in Charts
Hello! I'm creating very simplistic charts showing just one value. Example: a pie chart showing 97% satisfaction. The 3% will be there but I deleted the text showing the value. My desire is to showcase the 97% - the document will be printed as an 11x17 poster, but I'm doing it in excel b/c we are creating multiple sheets for multiple posters. The problem is that I can't make the 97% any larger than 24 pt. font without the % sign going on a second line. I would like to make the font 48 pt or larger. Also, I can not put the 97% in a text box on top of the chart b/c it's linked...

Weighted Avg
I maintain a spreadsheet for a telephone hotline. We track total number of calls received (column F) as well as average time to answer the call (column J). To analyze the month's average time to answer, I use the following weighted average formula: SUMPRODUCT (J5:J26,F5:F26)/SUM(F5:26). I have 2 questions relating to this: 1) Is the above formula correct to determine the average speed to answer? I've assumed the weights to be the total number of calls received. 2) I have a different spreadsheet for each month (Jan, Feb, etc.). How can I properly show the weighted average as...

Format cells to display truncated values?
I would like to display numbers rounded or truncated by 1000 - eg $254,123 would be displayed as $254K. I do not want to change the underlying value, and I do not want to add an additional column with a calculated value Use a custom number format of $0,K -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06C70E35-F87D-4DF7-8494-A46F0E93B507@microsoft.com... >I would like to display numbers rounded or truncated by 1000 - >eg $254,123 > would be displ...

Is there a way to close archive folders by default
When I upgraded my ms office to 2003 all my archive folders, which were previously hidden unless I specifically opened them are now all open by default which is very confusing. I would like to hide them all by default and only open then when I need to look in my archives. How do I do that? Henry Stock If you close the Archive folders from the Folder List (right-click their root folders and select Close), do they come back later? If so, try going into Tools | Options | Other | AutoArchive and clearing the checkbox for "Show archive folder in folder list". -- Jocelyn Fiorello ...

default printer2009
Hello, we are having problem with the default printer in win2008 when a terminal server user changes the default printer, it"s allowed and works fine. When logged on again though, the default is again the first default printer! why is the preference not remembered? tx for any info N. I think this is an issue in Terminal Services http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972600 After you disconnect from a remote desktop session to a destination computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008, the default printer is changed when you log on the destinati...

Change printing default in Word
Hi, I work in large Word 2003 documents but nine times out of ten I only want to print one page, can I change the print dialogue box so it defaults to "current page" rather than "all"? I can't tell you how many times I have had to abort the whole document printing just because I have forgotten to ask for the current page only - it really messes my printer up doing that! I already took the "print" button off the toolbar for the same reason! No, but you can add a toolbar button or shortcut key to print the current page. Unfortunately, there's...

Countif + External Reference = #Value
It appears that the countif function (along with sumif and others i'm betting) do not function properly with external links. The only workaround I've been able to find is to write a macro to open the various externally referenced sheets and then close them. Is there a better way for this? If you mean external linked workbooks that are closed then COUNTIF won't work but you can use SUMPRODUCT instead of both COUNTIF/SUMIF =COUNTIF(A1:A10,">0") =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10>0)) will return the same result =SUMIF(A1:A10,">0",B1:B10) =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10...

Default email-addresses
Hi I'm trying to figure out how I can set up new users in different OU's or groups in AD to recieve different default email-addresses. What I want to do is host email for another company on our exchange server. I want to use their own domain name for their email. Other solutions to this problem are also welcome. I seems really hard to find info on hosting mail on exchange server. Does anyone know any good sites for info on this subject? This is easy to accomplish. First you cannot do it based on the OU, you can do it based on the server, but if they are on the same server you a...

Changing Express 6 "save attachments" default location
Recently upgraded to outlook express 6. Previously we had a default folder on another server for saving attached files. Now the default location is in the user folder/documents bla bla bla... and I have to navigate to where I want the attached files saved. How do I change the default location? ...

How to get Filter parameter values in QRP ??
Hi all,, I would like to run a PreQuery1 from Report QRP file, with a parameter which is entered by the user in Report filter option. How i can capture that entered value in qrp, so that i can use it in PreQuery1..? Any idea? CP.Dinesh C.P., Put your statement in the report in the Prequery1 section as a View for examples, look at the Item Movement or Item Movement History, and a couple of Sales reports too. -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are ...

initial default column width
Is there a way to configure Excel 2000 so that when I create a new Workbook or add a new Worksheet so that all the columns have a particular width instead of the default 64 pixels? TIA Create the workbook exactly the way you want it, then save it as a template with the name "Book.xlt" (no quotes) in you XLStart directory. It'll be then used as the template for new workbooks. Likewise, save a one-sheet workbook as a template, named "Sheet.xlt" for the template for Insert/Worksheet. In article <419E181F.6251D20D@nospam.net>, Bruceh <bruce@nospam.net&...

Changing row colors when value in cell changes
Is there a way to change the color of rows when the value in a cell in that row changes? For example: A B C 1 tom jones 435 <- this row would be yellow 2 sam doe 435 <- yellow 3 dan smith 657 <- green 4 ed ham 544 <- blue 5 dom less 544 <- blue 6 joe more 888 <- red etc. There must be some conditional formatting thing I can do... Please help. Thanks! -- silky_green ------------------------------------------------------------------------ silky_green's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/...

increase the value of a cell by a percentage

Find duplicate values in an array
Hi everyone, 21:00 on a Saturday night and I'm struggling with this! I have textual data in cells C158:L177 Unfortunately these are not all unique values ... I want to get the address of each dearched instance. In cell C179 I want to enter a search text which exists in the data. In D179 I want the address of the first instance, E179 the address of the second etc. For unique values the formula: =ADDRESS(SUMPRODUCT(--($C$158:$L$177=C179)*ROW($C$158:$L$177)),SUMPRODUCT(--($C$158:$L$177=C179)*COLUMN($C$158:$L$177)),4) works like a dream but for multiple instances, i...

SUMIF Returns a #VALUE error when external source is closed
Can you help me out with this? if works fine if the external source i open but returns a #value if its closed. is there anyway of correctin this so that it will pull from the external when it is closed -- ghyne ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ghynes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2658 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39856 No, the formula requires the second file to be open. -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ghynes" <...

Publisher defaults
Is there a way to change the document defaults for (1)zoom size at startup, and (2) do not hyphenate? I would like to have the zoom defaulted to 100% and they hyphenation defaulted to "off." Tools, language, hyphenation The Zoom cannot be defaulted. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Rebecca" <rebecca.bogorad@kpchr.org> wrote in message news:09a401c34d4e$a7fed730$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to change the document defaults for > (1)zoom size at startup, and (2) do not hyphenate? I > would like to have the ...

SYSPACK.MSI
Microsoft Money 2002 Has been running fine until about a month ago. Periodically, the following series of error messages pops up: 1) Microsoft Money 2002 System Pack The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "SYSPACK.MSI" in the box below. ....the box below offers a)C:\DELLL\8H391\ and a dropdown offer of Please insert the MOney 2002 disc. 2) Microsoft Money 2002 System Pack Error 1706. No valid source could be found for Microsoft Money 2...

DMM Duplicate List Values
well, this is my first real cut at trying to use the 4.0 DMM, and I have to say it sucks. I want to go back to the 3.0 version. (at least I could manipulate the data in the DM tables if I needed to). And I can't get it to install on the SQL Server box either. anywho, all I want to do is assign different input values to a one picklist value - if its ON, on, Ont, Ontario,,,,, I want the picklist value to be 'Ontario' - just a little light data cleansing. I can't do it in the Mapping tool in CRM - I can do it using the 'sample' mapping editor, but then the DMM thr...

Dynamically lookup value based upon column heading (date)
Hi, Is it possible to dynamically look up a value based upon matching a a date column heading? e.g. Sheet 1 ---Jan---Feb---March---April x---1-----2-------3------BLANK-- y z Sheet 2 ---Jan---Feb---March---April Q--1-----2-------3-------3--- Thus i'm trying to achieve a formula that can match column heading (date) on one sheet with column heading on another, then look down that column to find a value. However as a twist on this, I need it to be able to use the last "completed" value should the match not exist or the value is blank. In the above example, on Sheet 2 I ...

only show last value entered in a row
Need formula to only show last value entered in a row.. Thanks To -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com On Tue, 4 May 2004 20:10:08 -0500, picktr <<picktr.15rdmw@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >Need formula to only show last value entered in a row.. > >Thanks > >Tom > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ See answer in .misc Please post only to one group. Most read all the groups and it only fragments efforts. --ron ...