Visual Studio 2005 Report Builder for CRM

Hello All,

I'm trying to modify a report that has a sub report. Whenever I build it and
add it to my reports in CRM, my changes do not display. Particularly, I can
make changes to the main report and those changes display but any changes to
the subreport do not come up.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Chris
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Subreports are a pin to work with.
Make sure that the subreport is not cached.
If you lose hope, delete the subreport and recreate it under a
different name than update the parent report.

0
cohenoshri
12/9/2007 12:31:02 AM
I'm new to VS and CRM (basically learning on the fly). Turns out I wasn't
building the sub report and publishing it in CRM. Once I did that and
re-built everything, it was fine.

"cohenoshri@hotmail.com" wrote:

> Subreports are a pin to work with.
> Make sure that the subreport is not cached.
> If you lose hope, delete the subreport and recreate it under a
> different name than update the parent report.

Great Plains and SQL 2005
Hi Is there any info regarding to what version of Great Plains will be supported on SQL 2005? I remember someone mentioned that MGP 8.0 service pack 3 or 4 will allow GP8 work on SQL 2005.....what about GP 7.5? Does anyone have any URL or whitepaper for the above query? -- Regards James[MVP] Visit MBS Blog Central http://mbscentral.blogs.com James The yet to be released Version 9.00 of Great Plains will support SQL 2005. A Service Pack for Version 8.00 will be released to support SQL 2005. Version 7.50 has just had its last Service Pack (SP7) release and will not support SQ...

Using Visual C++ 6.0 MFC Application
01/19/2004 Using a single document or a dialog application, I am able to use my own variables that are declared in the same source file, however, if I try to declare a global variable in a header file or a source file included before the code I am using, I get the error "Undeclared Identifier". Example in Old C: "First.h" int i; "Main.cpp" #include "First.h" main() { i=5; printf("%d",i); } When I declare a variable in a header file, in Class View - Globals, my variable does show up, b...

Standard Visual Basic vs Visual Basic for Applications
I've recently purchased Front Page and understand that I can code with Visual Basic as part of this software package. 1. What does Front Page contain: Standard Visual Basic or VBA? 2. Do either or both work with Visual Studio? 3. Is Visio different from Visual Studio? -- Deb Front Page and Visio are both Microsoft Office applications that contain VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). These programs are productivity applications first and programming platforms second. Visual Studio is a pure programming application. (All it does is let you write other programs.) Older versions of ...

Money 2005 and IE 7
I can no longer update in Money 2005 since installing IE 7 Any ideas please In microsoft.public.money, old nick_1 wrote: >I can no longer update in Money 2005 since installing IE 7 > >Any ideas please In IE6, I would go to Tools->InternetOptions->Security->TrustedSites->Sites list and uncheck "Require server verification... ". In the trusted sites list I would add these: moneycentral.msn.com fdl.microsoft.com passport.com passport.net login.live.com g.msn.com money:// Check that the SSL2 protocol is enabled. That checkbox may be in Tools->...

Memory problem when Promoting Emails to CRM
After I have promoted several emails from Outlook to CRM the memory usage of Outlook goes over 300Mb. With all the other stuff i have running, this makes my computer very instable and slow...I guess this is not normal....or is it? ...

entry for report
I have a report that will be printed out monthly. I would like it so that when the you open the report, it prompts the individual to enter his name and the date that he/she would like printed on the report. How can I do this? In the Report RecordSource you can create a filter that will prompt the user to insert the parameters Select * From TableName Where [NameField] = [Please select a name] And [DateFieldName] = [Please select a date] When the report will be open the user will be prompt with two messages: 1. [Please select a name] 2. [Please select a date] -- Good Luck BS"D ...

Cash Flow Reports
Not exactly sure how to word this, but I am trying to determine how Project assigns the time period to its Cash Flow reports. If you have an activity that starts Feb 10, 2010 and finish April 11, 2010 which monthly (or weekly) time bucket is the cost reported in? February or April? Week 6 or Week 15? Thanks, Ray -- Unless you changed the default Accrue At value for the resources assigned to the task, the system applies the Cost to the task evenly over the Duration of the task. You can see this in the Task Usage view with the Cost details applied in the timephased gri...

Dynamics CRM windows blocked by a pop-up blocker
Need some help resolving an issue. This morning opening records through Outlook CRM stopped working. When clicking on the item in Outlook, the following message would appear after a short delay: "A Microsoft Dynamics CRM window was unable to open, and may have been blocked by a pop-up blocker. Please add this Microsoft Dynamics CRM server to the list of the sites your pop-up blocker allows to open new windows:our server name" The following items have been done in an effort to resolve the problem: 1. Disabled IE pop-up blocker and checked computer for any other pop- up blockers...

I Visual Basic Error "File Not Found" when Excel opens
Good afternoon. I am using XP Pro at work and My computer just started doing this. when I open Excel, I get a message pop up that says in title "Visual Basic Error" and in body of error window is "File Not Found". If I click on help, says something about error 53 but when I try to look that up on Microsoft's website, can't find what seems to apply to my issue. And now when I go into my personal.xls to view my macros, I can get in, but if I try to save anything, I get a window pop up saying Excel must be shut down, and then a window pops up asking me if I want...

Memo Field hanging up Report
I am running a basic detail report (no subtotals or calculating). When I query one date range I am fine. then when I query another date range (that has a field of data with >255 characters (Memo format) The report basically "hangs". At the bottom of the screen it says "formatting page, enter ctrl-break to stop" It just seems like it is in some sort of a loop. We need to have the report formatted so that it prints all of the data - I do have the Can Grow Property on the field set to YES. ...

Unable to debug clr procs on studio pro
When I attempt to debug aclr proc from a windows 2008 box that has studio 2008 pro I am able to deploy the proc. But I receive first a warning then an exception WARNING: Unable to determine if the windows firewall is blocking remote debugging. There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper. T-SQL execution ended without debugging. You may not have sufficient permissions to debug. Click Help for more information. I'm using Integrated auth in sql connections and am a domain admin on both of the servers. I see nothing in the logs on the sql box that is h...

Visual C++ AND .Net
What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around $800.00). Is this correct? I just need a little direction since I have just been given the go ahead to purchase these items. Any information on these products - from someone who has used them - would be helpful. Thank you Ken >-----Original Message----- >What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from >VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around >$800.00). Is this correct? I just nee...

Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project
Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project. Please send me an email to: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Contributing writer for FUTURES Magazine Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net ...

"Transfers" in Income & Spending Reports (How to reclassify?)
Money 2005 Small Business The principal amount of my car loan payments for 2005 equals $3,844.01 In the Reports it under the Transfers report title of "Transfers" as Car Loan Payments for $3844.01 Personally, I would prefer that the amount be shown as Automobile Expenses - Car Principal Payments. (Yes, as an accountant, I know that loan payments are not an expense but the "Transfer" Debit would make more sense under Car Principal Payments) How do I "Credit" the "Transfer" amount and "Debit" Automobile Expense within the Money system? ...

Trial Balance Report Error
I am trying to print a detailed trial balance out of Financial. I am getting the following error message: Error in equation ****ILLEGAL SYNTAX*** found]: Any idea on how to fix this? Thanks Angie Did this error just start? Have there been any recent customizations to the report? Try logging out of GP and back in and see if that resolves the issue. If there haven't been any customizations, it's likely a communications error. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com I have this same issue with one user, unfortunately my direct manager. He ...

How do you include a custom field in a time scaled data report
Hi There, Does anyone know how to include a custom field in a time scaled data report? I created a custom field, (text 8 = Projects) to organize my tasks by projects, similar to organizing task by dept.. I would like to see actual work organized by the projects. Is there a way I need to organize my project plan for me to collect this data? Thank you, Wina Hi Wina, If I understand your question corerrectly, you wish to have a time phases custom field simular to work or cost? Unfortunalty Custom fields are not "assignment" fields and therefore cannot be m...

CRM Reports #2
Hello; I am using CRM 3.0. Would u plz let me know if we could get printable reports from the data in CRM. As an example;i wanna get a report from one of my accounts with all details of it, like its opportunities & its services and ... plz tell me how we can do this? Thanks There is a pre-built report "Account Overview" that may show most of the data you are looking for. If any of the pre-built report is not a good fit, you could customize your own report via SQL Reporting Services. Here is a link to creating a CRM report in 15 minutes or less: http://www.microsoft.com...

html mail in crm 3.0 workflow manager
In CRM 1.2 it possible to create nice mail templates with html code simple in frontpage with the usage of field values. Does anybody have a idea how to build html mail templates with flied values, so that i can copy the html in the workflow "create mail" like in crm 1.2??? when i use the same field values like in the workflow manager in my html code, the field ist not displayed in the html mail. Give this a try. </pre> Your html code .... <pre> ...

How to statically linking 2 files for 32 bit and 64 bit in VC++ 2005
I am trying to statically link a xyz.lib file to my 32-bit VC++ 2005 MFC app in order to use a .sys file. I have two xyz.lib files, one for win32 and one for amd64. I know I should add the .lib file to ['Property Pages' > 'Linker' > 'Input' > 'Additional Dependencies'] But which file do I add, how do I add both files, and how do I ensure the 32-bit app can use the linked .sys on 32-bit as well as 64-bit? Thanks! Hi, Just use the 32 bit lib, your app will run on 64 bit via WOW64. 64 bit development would involve setting up a new cpu platform, whi...

Printing a treeview on a report (or anything visually similar)
The topic says it all. I need to be able to print a hierarchy on a report. There's no limit to the number of levels (tho no more than 10 at the moment). I'm looking to simulate the look of a treeview. I'm stumped and I don't know where to start. Any suggestions are very welcomed. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200801/1 ...

using money 2005 from two different user accounts
Hi, I just upgraded to Money Deluxe 2005. My computer is using the Microsoft XP SP2 operating system. My wife and I have user accounts on the computer customized to our preferences and we would like to be able to use Money from either user login. I installede using My login and configured Money. Then later when using her login to open money it started with the screen as if it were a new install totally seperate from the one I had previously done. Is there a way around this, where when she opens money all the changes made under my user name would be there, or vice versa? Have you tried ...

Subform on a Report, Link Master/Child filtering and PivotChart
I have a PivotChart form. In order to get the chart to look the way the client wants, I create the chart programatically. I have that PivotChart form as a subform on a report. I have the Link Master and Child fields set to the correct fields. If I show the PivotChart form as a regular form just showing the fields, the filtering from the Linked Master/Child works. What event do I need to capture in order to rebuild the pivot chart based on the Linked Master/Child filtering? Thanks Kyle! ...

SQL Cluster and CRM V3.0
We run a new SQL Cluster and are looking to run CRM V3.0 on it... however the advice we are getting is to install a new/separate SQL and run CRM into it... Why? is anyone running CRM 3.0 on a SQL Cluster? Thanks everyone. Steve This might give you something to work with http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringsqlservers.mspx?pf=true. Install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Server using a Microsoft SQL Server cluster environment "Steve Bibby" <Steve Bibby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4CE3FAC-84BB-447B-A729-499AD559BA66@microsoft.com....

passing parameters to report manager
I have an MS Access application that is used. There are now reports that will be replacing the Access generated export reports. I have a button on the Access form to take me to the report in Report Manager by following a hyperlink. When I get ot the report the parameter fields in the report await a value. Anyway, what I am wondering, is it possible to pass field values from Access 2007 to a report in Report Manager? If so, how? Any examples/samples/site links would be helpful. Thanks. John Yes. This is very easy to do. In Books online look up URL Access. It specifies ex...

Modifier and Visual Basic Editor dim ??
Hi, I have already set the security to access the customization tools (Modifier and Visual Basic Editor) for my user login. Why is both of this options still dim -- I can't click on these items (Modifier and Visual Basic Editor) because it is disabled. Please advise. Thanks a lot. it wont be available until you have purchased it - it is a separate module. You will get a new set of reg keys that will activate the choices. HS "Dolly" <Dolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1553009B-B7A0-4D54-AAD1-ADD7F17D49A2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a...