Vista Bussines and Framwork CRM Install Problem

hi

i try to install the crm 3.0 outlook client on my vista bussines (last
update)but it will not work ,setup says framwork 1 or 1.1 is need but i have
install framwork 3.0. i try deinstall framwork 3 and reistall but not work.

cd relase is x13-09468

thx for help
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You need to install the .NET Framework 1.1 (As MS Dynamics CRM uses .NET
1.1) and you probably want to check on .NET 2.0 as well.

--
Anne Stanton, MBSCP-CRM
President, The Norwich Group

Written on a Lenovo T60p running VISTA Ultimate
Tracked in MS Dynamics CRM v3.0 Rollup 1, Outlook Client v3.0C (with hotfix)
Good Neighbor to Groove 2007, OneNote 2007, Office Enterprise 2007,
Autotask, LinkedIN,
TypePad and More!
"CRM Outlook Setup Problem" <CRM Outlook Setup
Problem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi
>
> i try to install the crm 3.0 outlook client on my vista bussines (last
> update)but it will not work ,setup says framwork 1 or 1.1 is need but i
> have
> install framwork 3.0. i try deinstall framwork 3 and reistall but not
> work.
>
> cd relase is x13-09468
>
> thx for help

0
Anne
4/12/2007 12:15:39 PM
You cannot install .NET 1.1 or 2.0 on Vista it is not permitted as 3.0
supercedes those versions. Obviously there is something in the setup code
that needs to be adjusted.

"Anne Stanton" wrote:

> You need to install the .NET Framework 1.1 (As MS Dynamics CRM uses .NET
> 1.1) and you probably want to check on .NET 2.0 as well.
>
> --
> Anne Stanton, MBSCP-CRM
> President, The Norwich Group
> Principal, GlobalBrain LLC
> The CRM Lady at www.CRMLady.com

> Written on a Lenovo T60p running VISTA Ultimate
> Tracked in MS Dynamics CRM v3.0 Rollup 1, Outlook Client v3.0C (with hotfix)
> Good Neighbor to Groove 2007, OneNote 2007, Office Enterprise 2007,
> Autotask, LinkedIN,
> TypePad and More!
> "CRM Outlook Setup Problem" <CRM Outlook Setup
> Problem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi
> >
> > i try to install the crm 3.0 outlook client on my vista bussines (last
> > update)but it will not work ,setup says framwork 1 or 1.1 is need but i
> > have
> > install framwork 3.0. i try deinstall framwork 3 and reistall but not
> > work.
> >
> > cd relase is x13-09468
> >
> > thx for help

You can install .net 1.0 and 1.1. I have performed that install on more than
one machine. I will not make any claims to 2.0 though.

"Roberto B" wrote:

> You cannot install .NET 1.1 or 2.0 on Vista it is not permitted as 3.0
> supercedes those versions. Obviously there is something in the setup code
> that needs to be adjusted.
>
> "Anne Stanton" wrote:
>
> > You need to install the .NET Framework 1.1 (As MS Dynamics CRM uses .NET
> > 1.1) and you probably want to check on .NET 2.0 as well.
> >
> > --
> > Anne Stanton, MBSCP-CRM
> > President, The Norwich Group
> > Principal, GlobalBrain LLC
> > The CRM Lady at www.CRMLady.com
> >
> > -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Written on a Lenovo T60p running VISTA Ultimate
> > Tracked in MS Dynamics CRM v3.0 Rollup 1, Outlook Client v3.0C (with hotfix)
> > Good Neighbor to Groove 2007, OneNote 2007, Office Enterprise 2007,
> > Autotask, LinkedIN,
> > TypePad and More!
> > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > "CRM Outlook Setup Problem" <CRM Outlook Setup
> > Problem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > hi
> > >
> > > i try to install the crm 3.0 outlook client on my vista bussines (last
> > > update)but it will not work ,setup says framwork 1 or 1.1 is need but i
> > > have
> > > install framwork 3.0. i try deinstall framwork 3 and reistall but not
> > > work.
> > >
> > > cd relase is x13-09468
> > >
> > > thx for help

Copy qoutations in CRM
Hi, Do anyone know how to copy one qoutation and create multiple qoutations with same header and item details in CRM 2007. Do copy control would work or any BAPI should be used. Any ideas from developer point of view would be appreciated Thank you Siva ...

More than 1 CRM install and single Exchange
Hi all, I've done some searching and there seems to be a number of posts in this vein, but I am finding some a little confusing, or by no means clear or definitive. We have a Windows 2003 native AD, running Exchange 2003 Enterprise - A/P cluster back-end. We have just deployed a single server for an evaluation of CRM - running it on a single but well powered Dell box - CRM 3.0, SQL Standard. We have installed the email router on the A/P nodes of the Exchange cluster. 20 Clients are using a mix of the web-based interface and the Outlook add-in to access this - seems to be working fine an...

Big problems with Outlook 2003
I deleted Hotmail access from Outlook on Thursday, used Outlook without any problems, however, after being away a few days (leaving computer on) I've returned to find I cannot send/receive and cannot access email account profile. I have Detected and Repaired, reinstalled, emptied inbox and deleted items folder but still cannot do anything. The 2 error messages I get up are "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." (this happens when I click New message) and "microsoft office outlook the operation failed...

VISTA
When I go to save my excel 2007 worksheet which is running in compatibility mode because I have VISTA I get DOCUMENT NOT SAVED can anybody help? Thank you -- Paula Paula, Your Excel 2007 is not running in compatibility mode because of Vista. Compatibility mode means you have opens a old Excel file made with a version that pre-dates XL 2007 Form the Start menu open Excel. It will open with a blank XL 2007 workbook Add some data and Save Tell us what happens best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "PaulaC" <P...

password problems #2
when I installed out look with out look offive etc I never set up a password. Now when using outlook I can't send or receive email because I keep being requested for a password. Any help there please Bill Mofflin <Bill Mofflin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when I installed out look with out look offive etc I never set up a > password. Now when using outlook I can't send or receive email > because I keep being requested for a password. Any help there please At exactly which point are you asked? If it asks when you start Outlook, it could be a PST password. I...

sfo contacts problem
Hi, I have installed SFO and now all is well (thanx for your help)except contacts: MS CRM contact records are not created as Microsoft Outlook Contacts I when through the go offline process but it still don't work the user is a member of the Local Administrator's group MS CRM 1.2 win server 2003 Help!!! ...

CRM 4.0 and Kaspersky
Hi there I want to install Kaspersky on both my CRM and SQL server. For that reason I'm looking for an exclusion list for Kaspersky antivirus to get the CRM system and the antivirus run together. Is there anybody who also runs CRM and SQL server on different machines and has installed Kaspersky on those maschines? Maybe you can provide me your exclusion list, of course only the part regarding to CRM and SQL. Thanks a lot! Regards, Serkan ...

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area on vista
Hp lap top, had my first bsod. had not changed anything in 6 days just surfing web. It was slow, and rebooted. bsod. I am in safe mode with network now, if i load into reg vista, it bsod. Here is what I have tried so far. not in any real order Restore to last up date 5/7 Failed restore to 5/4 failed, Restore to day before I added antivirus software 4/29 failed Ran spybot, safe mode Ran cc cleaner safe mode Ran chkdsk c:/r 8 bad sectors. Finally here. This is my work cpu, and i need to get the invoicing out. I have it backed up. I can access it through here. I will say this l...

Data Migration from MS CRM to MS CRM?!?
Hi all, I have still the same problem and I still can't find a solution... Situation: - We worked with the sample database "Adventure Works Cycle" - Since Monday we have a new licence key that works only with our company name Questions: 1) How can I change the company name to get the key work? (I think this isn't possible...) Second Possibility: I installed the MS CRM Professional 1.2 (German) again with the right company name. But then the existing database cannot be connected, because it belongs to the Adventure Works Cycle company. 2) How can I connect the dat...

Problem adding items to Price List
When trying to add items to a price list, a product is selected from the list and then when attempting to enter a value in the UNIT field, a message appears: "You need to select a Product first." As far as I can tell, this is an endless loop and the price list cannot contain any items. Thanks for any help. ya, the product and pricing is not very intuitive AT ALL..........took me a while to figure out what was the exact process (not a straight line!)..... Make sure the product you're adding is properly filled out. Does it have a default unit? Also check your unit group, mak...

Outlook 2003 crashes and restarts in Vista
Hi all! I'm hoping to get some help from all of you! After my laptop installed some updates it started to crash Outlook whenever I'm writing an email. I have re-installed Outlook and even uninstalled some of the updates I thought would be conflictive, however it still happens. Here's the error I'm getting: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE Application Version: 11.0.8312.0 Application Timestamp: 4a403990 Fault Module Name: OUTLLIB.dll Fault Module Version: 11.0.8313.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 4a793...

EXCEL CELL problem
hi :) i have a problem with typing in cells. Even though there are rooms to type ,it keeps blocking me from type in the same cell. anybody know WHY??? thanks! ash -- babeash ...

CWaitCursor problem
HI all, I am having a problem with CWaitCursor. This is a multithreaded application. I am using PostMessage(..) from a child thread to parent view to set the BeginWaitCursor. This works fine, but the mouse cursor goes back to being an arrow if the user moves the mouse. How can this problem be resolved? L.HongMei@gmail.com wrote: > HI all, > > > I am having a problem with CWaitCursor. This is a multithreaded > application. > I am using PostMessage(..) from a child thread to parent view to set > the > BeginWaitCursor. This works fine, but the mouse cursor goes ba...

Problems with money99 when upgrading from 98 to Xp
I have just upgraded from win98 to WinXP and now when I try to open MSMoney I get the following error: --- MSNMONEY.EXE - Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point GetCtrlGuid could not be located in the dynamic link library mspfctl0.dll --- Any suggestions on how I can get this working again? Scott I would try uninstalling Money and reinstalling to a new directory. -- <scott.wuk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1124277959.590797.171400@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I have just upgraded from win98 to WinXP > and now when I try to open MSMoney I get the following ...

CRM Readiness tour advice please
In order for me to fly myself and my marketing person to Chicago, plus hotel and food, we are looking at over A THOUSAND dollars to attend the CRM Partner Readiness tour. We aren't given this type of content in Canada. This tour of course doesn't touch Canada. Can anyone who's attended tell me if this tour - the content, depth, etc. is a MUST attend for a firm who is planning on becoming certified in CRM - or is it just fluff that will all be available on the internet. I want both of us to attend because there are both a technical AND marketing breakouts at the same time. ...

Vista not starting
Hi! My Dell Dimension/Vista Home Premium SPlatest has been running reasonably troublefree for thre years. Last week, the machine would come up to the 'Micrsosft Corporation' progress bar and progress away to glory. Sometimes a restart would work, sometimes not. The third time it happened, I found it wouldnt start even after three restarts It started on safe mode. I went back to normal mode and (I think) it did not start. Or maybe it ddid. I chanced to look at Event Viewer ( people should make it a practice to do so in the event of unexpected situations) and found a DHCP f...

Problems with clicking on email link on a web page
When I click on an email link on a web page I get this message: "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed." Windows Live Mail is the only email account I have. What should I do? Thank you for your help. It's not interested in Accounts, it is interested in a Mail program installed on your PC. Are you using the Windows Live Mail (WLM) program or the Hotmail website? If in doubt, while reading an e-mail message do a Help (ALT+H). In the menu the pops-up, the last item will say "About Microsoft Windows Liv...

CRM Best Practices
Are there any resources that somebody can't point me to that documents MS CRM best practices? Specifically around how and when to use certain types of entities and how they were intended to be used. EX - When should you try to massage how you conceive of your data to get it to fit into the "Account', "Opportunity", "Contact" paradigm as opposed to creating custom entities - How should sales territories be setup, etc. - How does MS define an "Account" and a "Contact" Any help would be appreciated, as I think I have a pretty good unders...

how to install php on vista
I try to install php on window vista by running window installer from php.net. But in Configure IIS, I can not find add new extension (.php) in IIS manager. Also there is no php5isapi.dll in php folder. I try to run test.php on localhost, it gives error message "The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration." Need help to solve this problem. Thanks. On 09 Apr 2010, =?Utf-8?B?eW9yaw==?= <york@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in microsoft.public.windows.vista.general: > I try to install php on window vista by running wind...

Microsoft RMS POS 2.0 & Vista Home Premium
We just purchased a new PC with Vista Home Premium, and we plan on buying Microsoft RMS POS 2.0. Will version 2.0 of RMS POS run on Vista Home Premium? Thanks, Tom While RMS does on on Vista very well, in my opinion but you will want to make sure that all of addional POS hardware will work with Vista as well i.e. scanners, printers. etc... I know that the TPI plug-in from Mercury is not compatible with Vista and neither are the Mini MIRC check readers from Magtek. Having the ability to process checks is not as critical as it once was, as alot of retailers will no longer accept check...

Problem with public folders
We are running Exchange 2003. We cannot copy to or create puclic folders. Everyone group given full control permissions to public folders. Error states the the permissions are not valid. Any help or direction appreciated. Thanks Hi Sam, I would like to point you to couple of Kbarticle . http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313866&Product=exch2 003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330752&Product=exch2 003 This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Regards, Amit Mantri ...

Quickbooks vs. CRM for invoicing
Can anyone offer any suggestions on whether or not we should use Quickbooks Professional Edition or CRM to do our invoicing & quoting. Our invoice porocess ties directly into how many hours is spent working for each customer, and tracking what is done. Our quote process is really just a template for reselling hardware & software. Can CRM do this? (FYI, we already use CRM for sales) and Quickbooks for Accounting only. Invoicing and quoting are both manual processes right now. Thanks "circulent" <circulent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:984826A...

SQL Security in CRM 3
Dear All The usual apologies if this has been asked and answered many times before! We have an MD who is understandably crazy about security of the sales data. I have secured the data through the CRM interface, and have installed the patch which turns of excel and printing functionality. He has recently asked me to double check that no-one can download en-masse the sales database. I assured him no, but then decided to dig a bit deeper. To my absolute astonishment I found that the crm database itself has no security on and therefore anyone with excel and odbc can connect to the dat...

Problems charting x axis values
Ok, lets say I have a dates (3/14/94) in columns a2 and a25 and (3/15/04) in columns a27 and a50 and times (0:00) in columns b2 and (11:00) in b25 and the same time in columns b27 and b50. The problem is when I type in the category x axis labels =sheet2!$a2:$b50 it will only label the first date in columns a2 and a27 and not the ones in a25 and a50. ----------------------------------------------------------- x axis 0:00 0:00 Does this 3/14/94 3/15/04 -----------------------------------------------...

installing 2004
if I install 2004 will it overwrite 2000? - judging from some of the posts on this site I'm not sure whether I'll be able to load up some of my Money 2000 files without downloading a patch...which I can do because the machine I'll be using is not online... In microsoft.public.money, jacobite wrote: >if I install 2004 will it overwrite 2000? If you install Money 2004 into a different folder, Money 2000 will not be overwritten. File types such as .mny, .qif etc will be associated with the last-installed. > - judging from >some of the posts on this site I'm not s...